Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Abu Dhabi 2021 Race Thread

Lewis seen wearing this T-Shirt!MaxChampion.jpg

Hamilton has always been a whiner and a aggrieved griper/"victim" so I'm sure he'd find a way in his mind to accept a championship if it were given to him - his personality type does?

Not 1 Mercedes team congratulated Max on his 2021 WDC title...not one.

Toto has ALOT of power on his backed teams. Classless.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Hamilton's father is a gentleman and did the right thing in congratulating Max and his father. That's class!

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Hamilton's father is a gentleman and did the right thing in congratulating Max and his father. That's class!
    Hamilton didn’t congratulate Max until after daddy gave him a talking too. What a sore loser. Zero class.

He didn’t even drive to the spot on the track for the top 3, did he?

Since 2007 I can't stand Hamilton's father.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Hamilton didn’t congratulate Max until after daddy gave him a talking too. What a sore loser. Zero class.

He didn’t even drive to the spot on the track for the top 3, did he?

We must found a sum up of this years penalties each of the 2 title contenders were given.

I would love to hear Toto shout "C'mon! Get to the chopper!!" I bet he does a mean Arnie impression

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

I used to at least respect Toto Wolff. He's a great team boss that obviously has done the right things to ensure his team is victorious. Regardless if you liked the guy or not, how do you fault a guy for doing everything in his power to benefit his team?

But to not congratulate Max or Red Bull is absolutely awful. Max raced fair, Red Bull did everything they could to win the race, they didn't do anything illegal. The bad luck, or controversy with the FIA should not stop them from at least faking a smile or shaking a hand.

After winning 8 straight championships. 8!!! They are still going to be poor sports and poor losers. Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I used to at least respect Toto Wolff. He's a great team boss that obviously has done the right things to ensure his team is victorious. Regardless if you liked the guy or not, how do you fault a guy for doing everything in his power to benefit his team?

But to not congratulate Max or Red Bull is absolutely awful. Max raced fair, Red Bull did everything they could to win the race, they didn't do anything illegal. The bad luck, or controversy with the FIA should not stop them from at least faking a smile or shaking a hand.

After winning 8 straight championships. 8!!! They are still going to be poor sports and poor losers. Embarrassing
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Your team has great potential and a tidy manager but somehow it never seems to work out in the Prem. I hope you guys will find a way to stay up, always been fond of Norwich. Very nice colours and East Anglia is sort of similar to the Swedish region I live in with fewer trees. Also a warm and sunny east coast region here In fact, I'd like to see Norwich and Ipswich in the Prem at the same time that'd be fun.
    Not for Ipswich!

We were both in the Championship a couple of times. They haven't beaten us in years! Can't see them getting out of League One this year so even if we go down, think we won't meet for a while!

Spend a lot of time around Norwich. Nice area, great city. Very expensive now, around the Norfolk Broads.
    Trying to be less angry..

Wolf's a good team leader, magnanimous he is not.

Wolf's a good team leader, magnanimous he is not.
    he's just a sore loser, just like his puppet Luise
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Exactly.

Just a petulant child when the FIA doesn’t lather his butt in diaper rash ointment.

I’ve always hated him. This simply justifies my vehement distain for him. He can take his rainbow helmet and his mask and shove them where the sun don’t shine. On his knees is where he belongs. Keep kneeling, virtue signaling, Affirmative Action “champion”

anyone else noticed that at the end of the race NO ONE did the mandatory DONUTS.....wth
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I have been away from here for a long time. Some of the comments in this thread are nuts.

I have been tuned out of F1 since I felt has gone sideways. Today was no different.
    With all my animosity towards Merc, Toto and Hamilton. I feel that the way the race was decided today was a farce.
    Specifically allowing all the cars to unlap between Ham and Ver? Why are we not mad that they didnt give Sainz a chance at taking second?
    we're number one

There is some legal jargon in the code itself regarding the 2nd decision(lapped cars). ANY does not mean ALL. That said, the race director has the final say and overriding authority regarding the safety car.

It might change after today.

Congratulations Max on your 1st WDC title.
    Your interpretation is wrong. The race director can override the authority/clerk's decision, but he can't override the whole safety car rule. He can tell whether the SF car is needed or not, and that's it. But he can't make new rules out of the thin air, he doesn't and shouldn't have that kind of power anyway.

I think Masi's departure will be one of the most positive aspect in F1. He shouldn't have involved himself directly in the WDC fight. He has broken the FIA's own rulebook and decided the outcome of the 2021 WDC.

And as for those die-hard Verstappen fans here, don't worry. Max will remain the WDC because chances of the results being overturned are practically zero. But still going through the process vindicates Mercedes into believing that Hamilton was screwed over and there needs to be punishment for the FIA on this one.

Otherwise more stuff like this will keep happening and one day Ferrari will be at the receiving end.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I think Masi's departure will be one of the most positive aspect in F1. He shouldn't have involved himself directly in the WDC fight. He has broken the FIA's own rulebook and decided the outcome of the 2021 WDC.

And as for those die-hard Verstappen fans here, don't worry. Max will remain the WDC because chances of the results being overturned are practically zero. But still going through the process vindicates Mercedes into believing that Hamilton was screwed over and there needs to be punishment for the FIA on this one.

Otherwise more stuff like this will keep happening and one day Ferrari will be at the receiving end.
    So in the eyes of the Lewis Hamilton fan, which you clearly are, you feel that Masi should have had a 5 lap long Safety car and ended the race under caution? Or do you feel that Masi should have restarted the race with lapped cars between Max and Lewis as a nice protection buffer, a call that has NEVER been done all season? Has it ever been done since lapped cars got to go pass? Would it have been okay if Masi released ALL the lapped cars earlier? Would it have been okay if Masi instructed the SC to slow down to release the ALL the lapped cars and we had the exact same result that happened? Seriously, the moment the SC came out were you thinking "okay Masi, make sure you release ALL the lapped cars, otherwise this won't be a fair fight"? I have to believe everyone expected the race to resume with LH P1, and MV P2.

There are half a dozen scenarios that allow for race to be restarted in the order as it should be, which is LH P1, and MV P2. Lewis was still leading the race right? So how exactly was the race robbed from him? His team could have pitted him to go on new tires if that's your concern. He had the fastest chassis and the more powerful engine with track position, he had the opportunity to defend just as Max had to make the pass cleanly on track.

What a botched up race, firstly Hamilton not gaining advantage on Lap 1? I mean really?. And then allowing only 3 cars to unlap and starting the race while those 3 cars not even made to the next sector? Bizarre

In all honesty Mercedes has right to protest, but this could be said about so many incidents this year. In the end I believe the better driver won WDC while better team won WCC, so all fair in that sense.

Up next new regs and 2022, Ferrari needs to stand up, it's been a while, we belong at the top rather than discussing Max vs Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    anyone else noticed that at the end of the race NO ONE did the mandatory DONUTS.....wth
    Vettel did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    What a botched up race, firstly Hamilton not gaining advantage on Lap 1? I mean really?. And then allowing only 3 cars to unlap and starting the race while those 3 cars not even made to the next sector? Bizarre

In all honesty Mercedes has right to protest, but this could be said about so many incidents this year. In the end I believe the better driver won WDC while better team won WCC, so all fair in that sense.

Up next new regs and 2022, Ferrari needs to stand up, it's been a while, we belong at the top rather than discussing Max vs Lewis
    +1

Lewis did.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

It’s the inability to accept their mistake from FIA. That’s the issue here.

Yeah i agree with what you said : overturning the decision practically zero. But this will lead to dirty games next year by other teams if it’s not corrected. F1 is missing Charlie, his experience would have come into play in such situations.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    The same thing happened where Max left podium last race? Pushing other drivers off track is not called racing & max defends his lines. Tomorrow if we are at receiving end, we would know the pain. He did similar things against Charles Leclerc & got away. At that time everyone was rooting for penalty. Com’n RB is the team who always threaten to leave the sport if the rules aren’t in their favour. They had their moments 2011-13, they got their taste of their own medicine till 2014-2020.

2021 decider race seems to be rigged. For me Max didn’t deserve this championship because of his driving, no matter how much talented he is. I love seeing wheel to wheel action, not throwing off others wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    The same thing happened where Max left podium last race? Pushing other drivers off track is not called racing & max defends his lines. Tomorrow if we are at receiving end, we would know the pain. He did similar things against Charles Leclerc & got away. At that time everyone was rooting for penalty. Com’n RB is the team who always threaten to leave the sport if the rules aren’t in their favour. They had their moments 2011-13, they got their taste of their own medicine till 2014-2020.

2021 decider race seems to be rigged. For me Max didn’t deserve this championship because of his driving, no matter how much talented he is. I love seeing wheel to wheel action, not throwing off others wheel.
    Without Verstappen's performance this year, it would have been another declining year of F1 and dropping viewers.

His challenge brought renewed interest in F1 and his win has ended 8 YEARS of outright Mercedes dominance.

F1 needed this win.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Without Verstappen's performance this year, it would have been another declining year of F1 and dropping viewers.

His challenge brought renewed interest in F1 and his win has ended 8 YEARS of outright Mercedes dominance.

F1 needed this win.
    So If F1 need a win race director can change the rules ??

Ok leave LH & max for some time. What if ferrari Charles Leclerc or Sainz were in similar situation fighting for WDC & this happened? Would it be the same opinion ?

For me this season did set a bad example in terms of rules & reg etc. which should not be Continued like this. Where WDC can be decided by a race director.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So If F1 need a win race director can change the rules ??

Ok leave LH & max for some time. What if ferrari Charles Leclerc or Sainz were in similar situation fighting for WDC & this happened? Would it be the same opinion ?

For me this season did set a bad example in terms of rules & reg etc. which should not be Continued like this. Where WDC can be decided by a race director.
    This season has been horribly officiated, perhaps the worst I can remember. How many decisions have gone against Max, or have not gone in a way to hurt Lewis?

Had Masi not let lapped cars go by, which is standard procedure, it would have been a far bigger controversy.