Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I agree with you, but with all these restrictions to update cars, there is a problem. The main objective of the FIA ​​was to achieve relative convergence on performance, not a technological breakthrough with rules preventing the competition from enough upgrading (as for 2014)
    If a team finds a way around the FIA's objectives, how is that a bad reflection on the team itself? You should be upset that WE didn't find a way around it.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    scarbs says using a fan to suck the air through. This would have to be considered a moveable aerodynamic device. I can't see how this would be legal at all.
    We can all do that. Should be an advantage for three races max. Nothing to lose sleep over.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    but if it was Ferrari that came up with such thing, God forbid.....it would be deemed ILLEGAL no if's and's or but's......SAD, JUST SAD.....
    We got away with using an illegal engine for most of the season. No disqualifications, no penalties, no docked points. Me reckons it's time we adopted a balanced view and not play the victim all the time.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    If a team finds a way around the FIA's objectives, how is that a bad reflection on the team itself? You should be upset that WE didn't find a way around it.
    Sure, for this year, maybe, but when it comes to 2014, you have to remember that was also an enormous cheating from Mercedes
    Last edited by Gilles; 9th March 2022 at 19:55.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    We got away with using an illegal engine for most of the season. No disqualifications, no penalties, no docked points. Me reckons it's time we adopted a balanced view and not play the victim all the time.
    Except it was never deemed illegal. It was a clever way of interpreting the rules. Remember, Ferrari's PU was under constant scrutiny the whole year and it was always cleared. But they added sensors and we lost the edge, that's the way the game is played. Same goes for all the bendy wing investigations etc. Find a loophole and exploit it until it's closed or no longer relevant.

Better hope Mercedes don't show up with an illegal rocket and the maFIA let them keep running it.

Congratulations to Magnussen on landing the Haas drive. At least they have secured a better driver than Mazepin and someone Mick can learn quite a bit from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Better hope Mercedes don't show up with an illegal rocket and the maFIA let them keep running it.

Congratulations to Magnussen on landing the Haas drive. At least they have secured a better driver than Mazepin and someone Mick can learn quite a bit from.
    I would have preferred a better driver, Magnussen wasn't really better than "crash-Grosjean". He certainly brings some money, that's the game, ok
    Last edited by Gilles; 9th March 2022 at 20:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Except it was never deemed illegal. It was a clever way of interpreting the rules. Remember, Ferrari's PU was under constant scrutiny the whole year and it was always cleared. But they added sensors and we lost the edge, that's the way the game is played. Same goes for all the bendy wing investigations etc. Find a loophole and exploit it until it's closed or no longer relevant.
    Exactly! See the post I was replying to for the context of my comment.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    After seeing Scarbs notes and renderings(quite a few of them), the no sidepod works.
    Is it legal to have no actual working side pods?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Is it legal to have no actual working side pods?
    Yes. Technically the teams could run no side pods or wings or floor if they wanted to. The regulation boxes specify where teams can put bodywork, it doesn't say it requires any at all.

Question.... as there is a budget cap, how is it possible for one team to produce 2 independent chassis inside this budget cap?

Quote Originally Posted by ragfone View Post
    Question.... as there is a budget cap, how is it possible for one team to produce 2 independent chassis inside this budget cap?
    Sure they just used "fake" sidepods at the shakedown.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ragfone View Post
    Cars are a year and half built, so in this case 2022 cars were being built at the end of the quarter of 2020.....before the budget cap. So it's possible 2 cars could be built.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

[QUOTE=Tifoso Svedese;1053663]Better hope Mercedes don't show up with an illegal rocket and the maFIA let them keep running it.

Running it just until the last race and then do a " Masi FIA " ! Millions more F-1 fans watching every race as long as there's no 8 WDC.

Ok... that RedBull scares me

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Ok... that RedBull scares me
    You are easily scared, mate. I suggest you stay off the internet, sit tight and wait for Race 1.
    Forza Ferrari

So Mercedes' mirrors have been ruled legal by the FIA.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...egali/9043806/

At first I thought the issue was how Mercedes had the mirror mounted to the chassis (the crash bar), or the little strakes under the mirror itself (Green arrow). I felt those were legal. But now I see there is a clear wing profile above the mirror (Red arrow) that according to the rule book should be illegal.

At first I thought the issue was how Mercedes had the mirror mounted to the chassis (the crash bar), or the little strakes under the mirror itself (Green arrow). I felt those were legal. But now I see there is a clear wing profile above the mirror (Red arrow) that according to the rule book should be illegal.

https://i.imgur.com/FM4mHiy.jpg
    LOL What a joke, but obviously not surprised because everything Merc does is legal in the eyes of the FIA. Ferrari's mirrors where illegal, but somehow Mercs are legal.

Mattia Binotto, in his meeting via zoom with the Italian press, had very clear words on the subject ...
    "The FIA ​​has always made it clear that the support for the mirrors must have only a structural function and if it involves an aerodynamic influence it must be just 'incidental'. If this has been the principle underlined by the FIA ​​in the past, I believe it must be the same today and in the future, there is no reason to change your mind today. "
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

How can anyone (FIA included) argue with that?
    If this isn’t fixed, it will be a stain on the fairness of F1.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

McLaren bagged a nice sponsorship with Google

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    That is a nice one. I don't think I've seen Google sponsorship in motorsports before.

That is a nice one. I don't think I've seen Google sponsorship in motorsports before.
    The give away was Mclarens rainbow colored wheel hubs

Now when you Google "Mercedes F1" or "Ferrari F1" Google will respond with "Did you mean McLaren F1?", show you the link to the McLaren F1 site at the top and send the others to the bottom of the search while labeling them fake.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Now when you Google "Mercedes F1" or "Ferrari F1" Google will respond with "Did you mean McLaren F1?", show you the link to the McLaren F1 site at the top and send the others to the bottom of the search while labeling them fake.
    Hahaha
    Probably!

Google joins hands with McLaren Racing to promote Android and Chrome
    https://www.gsmarena.com/google_join...news-53597.php

I really can't imagine how those are not deliberately designed to have an aero function. Ferrari's halo mirror wasn't much different so I don't see how this stands.

Las Vegas looks to be 3rd on the calender for 2023.

Viva Las Vegas.

Looks like Seb is out of the first race for the Coof. So much for masks and being jabbed to the gills.

Wait a second, the mirror isn't touching the inverted L-wing, it seems to be supported on it's own and is just floating below it. The mirror isn't attached to that inverted L-shaped wing, but to the support that has a silver bracket immediately below it. That's probably how it's legal?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Why bother protesting anything about mercedes its a waste of time and only falls on deaf ears.Ferrari will beat them on the track this weekend they mercedes have loads of issues with there zero pod car.