Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    As far as I'm concerned I've always sensed that LH had mental issues - whining and victimization displays when he's down, strutting cockiness when up. I thought he would grow out of this immature behavior and although it has improved somewhat over the years they remain parts of his character that he needs to work on. He's always seemed to have some kind of chip on his shoulder which can be a very difficult way to navigate through life?
    Both of our drivers show no signs of these shortcomings I'm pleased to note.
    I agree, and I think he has difficult times ahead, he has been so long time center of everything, and when that stops, how he will take that, that he is just one of the guys.
    Just around the corner there is new superstars coming, like Charles, Carlos, Max, Lando, George and so on, and soon nobody cares about Lewis anymore, so I am pretty sure it will be difficult for him, and it is not his fault, he was young when that Lewis-hype started, and it has been like normal life for him, but it is going to change and that is going to be problem.
    Like he never had time to grow to a man, so much attention and stuff around him. Manchild, but not his fault.

It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by AgnesiaBirgith View Post
    Who are you supporting to win?
    Ferrari :D

Welcome
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    What am I missing, the tweet says it's RB Porsche, but the screenshot says it's McLaren Porsche?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    What am I missing, the tweet says it's RB Porsche, but the screenshot says it's McLaren Porsche?
    Audi to buy Mclaren.

RedBull and Porsche will join up.

All other teams can join and hold hands,ferrari is stand alone and needs no bodys hand to hold or join,unique in every sense of the word and will never become a bitza comprising of a little bit of this mixed with a little bit of that,never while my backside points to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Rubens couldn't compete against Todt and Ross . Austria 2002 was a perfect example, "Let Michael pass or you will lose your seat!" It was for sure Michael'ls choice to have his contract written so his team mate had to move over for him. 7 WDCs is a F-1 record. Lewis is out to break it. Even without a " Rubens" to move over for him. As far as Lewis not winning a race this season , "It's the Car!!" :rotf! Wolf said it over and over,
    Michael was the main reason for the Merc car to be perfect and a constant winner. Lewis was lucky to get the seat. It took the likes of Masi to stop him or 8 would be done . A Todt ; Ross situation @ Merc if possible will for sure get Russell in the #1 spot with the team . Then again I would much rather see Charles and Carlos having to fight Russell rather than Lewis in a top Merc car.
    You do realize that "Let Michael pass or you will lose your seat!" was never spoken, right?
    Also, it was Reubens' choice to get the money and be Michael's #2, try not to turn things around. Michael was just racing, if Reubens did not like to race for the biggest team in F1 and get P1s occasionally , he could just say no; right?, ya, right , I am sure we both agree to that.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    And I know I am taking a liberty of speaking of majority hear, but we would rather not see your posts about LH ANY MORE!!!!
    Indeed. Why do we have to actually have a hater here is beyond me.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Guys, we all have our opinions about things, I get it. But can we have discussions respectfully?? Ferrari has rebounded, it remains to be seen who will take the titles this year but can we at least be positive and stop bickering with each other, we should all be happy right now.
    Tony, whereas surely we all agree about everyone can have our opinions, it's really tiresome to have a certain someone bothering us about Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Tony, whereas surely we all agree about everyone can have our opinions, it's really tiresome to have a certain someone bothering us about Hamilton.

I can understand many opinions, but be careful not to go into the manhunt, it would be completely unfair

You do realize that "Let Michael pass or you will lose your seat!" was never spoken, right?
    Also, it was Reubens' choice to get the money and be Michael's #2, try not to turn things around. Michael was just racing, if Reubens did not like to race for the biggest team in F1 and get P1s occasionally , he could just say no; right?, ya, right , I am sure we both agree to that.
    You do realize that Todt was recorded saying that to Rubens; right? Many drivers talked about how wrong it was. OK not many drivers are racing for the money: rotft ; they just want to be on the F-1 track. FF to the Hungarian 2010 race. Michael tried to kill Rubens pushing him into the concrete wall. Yet another time many drivers and F-1 folks really thought that and agreed that was bad. Hard racing again?? You probably call that Hard racing. I have to believe Seb [Shumy Jr,] joining Ferrari with 4 WDCs was sure Charles would be Rubenized. . Ya; right; we all know how that went. I'm sure we both agree on that. Todt at the time would have had Rubens car porpoising if he knew about that.

You do realize that Todt was recorded saying that to Rubens; right? Many drivers talked about how wrong it was. OK not many drivers are racing for the money: rotft ; they just want to be on the F-1 track. FF to the Hungarian 2010 race. Michael tried to kill Rubens pushing him into the concrete wall. Yet another time many drivers and F-1 folks really thought that and agreed that was bad. Hard racing again?? You probably call that Hard racing. I have to believe Seb [Shumy Jr,] joining Ferrari with 4 WDCs was sure Charles would be Rubenized. . Ya; right; we all know how that went. I'm sure we both agree on that. Todt at the time would have had Rubens car porpoising if he knew about that.
    Just because we're Ferrari fans doesn't mean we have to hide some nasty things. Enzo himself knew how to be very tough

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    All other teams can join and hold hands,ferrari is stand alone and needs no bodys hand to hold or join,unique in every sense of the word and will never become a bitza comprising of a little bit of this mixed with a little bit of that,never while my backside points to the ground.
    Purosangue (thoroughbred) as you say Paolo, may Ferrari ever remain pure in F1.

Pursang (French equivalent) said about Bugatti in it's day (not yesterday's Artioli or today's ex-VW "Bugatti's" or tomorrow's Rimac (all mixed breeds) - in name only, no direct line to the original Ettore Bugatti (Milanese) quasi-French cars that made the name and reputation.

Oh C'mon Brembo. Stop defending Rubens. he had a good run at Ferrari and it looked like he enjoyed his #2 spot so much that he moved to Brawn to become Jenson's #2.
    Charles never allowed himself to be Rubenized... he was too good for that. He's proving that this year for sure.

I second that Bob. Charles has so far conducted himself humbly but is stubbornly competitive and knows how to keep his
    emotions under control. He speaks sensibly and well and seems to know and epitomize what a Ferrari driver should be.
    Not the least he's his own man that won't be pushed around and remains cool and amiable through it all. A breath of fresh
    air in F1 who isn't deterred by the hot air and egos that blow around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Oh C'mon Brembo. Stop defending Rubens. he had a good run at Ferrari and it looked like he enjoyed his #2 spot so much that he moved to Brawn to become Jenson's #2.
    Charles never allowed himself to be Rubenized... he was too good for that. He's proving that this year for sure.
    OK ! You said what I think. Charles was allowed to race 4x WDC Seb. That's how he proved how good he is. And yes for sure ; Rubens got paid well. What really bothered me was how Rubens @ Ferrari as #2 driver was hated soo much by every Ferrari fan here. He's actually ahead of Lewis here in the hate category !
    Last edited by Brembo; 6th April 2022 at 14:01.

Guys, no one is going to convince the other to change their opinion, can we move on to other topics please. This is supposed to be the news/rumours thread!

OK ! You said what I think. Charles was allowed to race 4x WDC Seb. That's how he proved how good he is. And yes for sure ; Rubens got paid well. What really bothered me was how Rubens @ Ferrari as #2 driver was hated soo much by every Ferrari fan here. He's actually ahead of Lewis here in the hate category !
    Twobens knew what he signed up for when he joined Ferrari.,,,,,same as Bottas when he joined Merc,,,,,to be the wing man OR #2 driver for the main Star.....simply as that

Rubens was NO way in teh same league as Michael......everyone knows that, but YOU obviously.....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Twobens knew what he signed up for when he joined Ferrari.,,,,,same as Bottas when he joined Merc,,,,,to be the wing man OR #2 driver for the main Star.....simply as that

Rubens was NO way in teh same league as Michael......everyone knows that, but YOU obviously.....
    I pretty much agree. Without Todt and Ross driving for Michael from the pit wall as was the case when Michael was with Merc ; he couldn't win a race on his own. He became a #2 driver! He was Rubenized! Every time I have a few vinos and friends talk F-1; I hear Todt on the radio "Let him pass!' Enjoy the race!!!

Audi to buy Mclaren.

RedBull and Porsche will join up.
    Out of curiousity, aren't those 2 the same Company? I guess they would share resources in F1 the way they do in their road car divisions?

Out of curiousity, aren't those 2 the same Company? I guess they would share resources in F1 the way they do in their road car divisions?
    Yes, they are from the same company--> VAG.

Audi is looking to possibly become an F1 team.

Porsche is looking to rebadge the "Honda" engine into Porsche with RedBull.

Yes, they are from the same company--> VAG.

Audi is looking to possibly become an F1 team.

Porsche is looking to rebadge the "Honda" engine into Porsche with RedBull.
    I wonder why Honda would do that, they've built one hell of an engine and now they will let Porsche take credit for it?

I wonder why Honda would do that, they've built one hell of an engine and now they will let Porsche take credit for it?
    Well, under the current listing of the teams, the RedBull is powered by RedBull Powertrains.

In 2026, the MGU-H goes away along with the batteries so all that's left is the ICE unit with KERS or MGU-K (batteries). Porsche did make a somewhat current turbo-hybrid PU with all the bells and whistles.

Max's restart tactics https://youtu.be/MwnldI4sW4c

Quote Originally Posted by scudieros View Post
    Max's restart tactics https://youtu.be/MwnldI4sW4c
    MAX.JPG
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I can understand many opinions, but be careful not to go into the manhunt, it would be completely unfair
    I am not into any sort of manhunts. However if I wanted to read about Hamilton , I could very well go into PF1.

Oh no. Not only he was not allowed - at first. At least the first 3 races there were efforts to be shown he was the #2. And what happened? He FORCED himself into challenging Seb, and that was what gained him the respect in the team.
    The rest is history. I know, hard pill to swallow. Truth none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

so true

I am not into any sort of manhunts. However if I wanted to read about Hamilton , I could very well go into PF1.
    I shouldn't have replied with your message. I wanted to avoid the escalation that sometimes happens against a member when everyone adds more after a criticism.
    It then becomes exaggerated.
    It shouldn't be a particular complaint mate