Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think Leclerc went too fast in the Rascasse corner, tried pumping the brakes because of the speed and at the same time lost the rear going into the corner. Yes, he had a brake issue by then.

You have other "gentlemen" drivers driving in older cars and faired nicely through the track. Jacky Ickx drove his 312B2 at this Monaco Grand Prix Historique 2022 and drove it pretty well through the track.
    Leclercs LF brake pad broke up on brake application that sent him into a spin at the Rascasse corner. There are pics showing pieces of the brake pad breaking into pieces.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Leclercs LF brake pad broke up on brake application that sent him into a spin at the Rascasse corner. There are pics showing pieces of the brake pad breaking into pieces.
    Most outlets are having a field day with the crash, mentioning that Leclerc is an accident-prone driver.

Yup. It wasn’t driver error. Yet people online want to crucify Leclerc for it.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...rash/10305383/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

That's evidence enough for me. Thank you.

It's gotta be somewhat expected for Leclerc to catch some for the crash given his history. But it's not fair when people focus only on his crashes, and ignore his successes. I gotta admit, I am kind of that way with Carlos Sainz right now. Rather than expecting him to have a great result, I almost expect the crash more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    What optimism!
    I call that "having a freaking nightmares about us not beating the living sh... turd out of Red Bull"

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I call that "having a freaking nightmares about us not beating the living sh... turd out of Red Bull"
    Knowing where we come from, let's be patient. Who saw Ferrari at the top this year? Ok, Mercedes is doing badly, but RB with Verstapen remains super favourite. If Ferrari manages to beat them, it's huge, and for the moment, it's still possible, it's already great, isn't it?

Knowing where we come from, let's be patient. Who saw Ferrari at the top this year? Ok, Mercedes is doing badly, but RB with Verstapen remains super favourite. If Ferrari manages to beat them, it's huge, and for the moment, it's still possible, it's already great, isn't it?
    Well stated Gilles. Schadenfreund from the media was to be expected. Charles knows the truth and will sail past this bs.

To put some color on this page and to say that Charles is not a liar

Well, then, you're not being realistic.

Red Bull are a serious F1 team and have aero innovation because of Newey. They have five titles for a reason. Beating them won't be easy.

I want Ferrari to win as much as anybody here, but rebuilding an F1 team that hit rock bottom ain't easy. Ferrari were 6th in the championship just two years ago, with a dog of a car, and we went winless for two and half years, so to come into this season and be winning races and near the top every week is a serious accomplishment.

When it comes to development, it's not how often you do it, it's how effective the updates are. Ferrari have plenty in the pipeline. New floor and defuser for Barcelona, new rear wing for Baku, I'd expect the new rear suspension around Austria or France, and then the MGU-K a little later. Let RBR throw a million updates at their car if they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post

Red Bull are a serious F1 team and have aero innovation because of Newey. They have five titles for a reason. Beating them won't be easy.

I want Ferrari to win as much as anybody here, but rebuilding an F1 team that hit rock bottom ain't easy. Ferrari were 6th in the championship just two years ago, with a dog of a car, and we went winless for two and half years, so to come into this season and be winning races and near the top every week is a serious accomplishment.

When it comes to development, it's not how often you do it, it's how effective the updates are. Ferrari have plenty in the pipeline. New floor and defuser for Barcelona, new rear wing for Baku, I'd expect the new rear suspension around Austria or France, and then the MGU-K a little later. Let RBR throw a million updates at their car if they wish.
    And a new range of rear wings to reduce drag, especialy with opened DRS, right from Barcelona (it is urgent to stop the carnage)

Well , the season is long ,the cars are new ,so a lot can change through the year. Remember how we felt in after Australia and how almost everyone keep telling that things are looking even better for the next races and guest what?? Everything change !! So probably things could be better for us now or it still will be bad and start getting better after the summer break !!! There so many scenarios for this year all with equal possibilities for me . That's why I just wait t9 see how things will unfold through the year!!! Of course I will be quite disappointed if will keep behind the Bull's after our upgrades and I will be excited if we win clearly be being superior to them!!! BUT nevertheless I'll try to be calm and wait for later in the year if thongs start to clear otherwise the top and one team clearly be faster!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And a new range of rear wings to reduce drag, especialy with opened DRS, right from Barcelona (it is urgent to stop the carnage)
    I'm not sure the team intend to introduce any new rear wing in Barcelona, but Baku and Canada for sure will see the LDW.

I'm not sure the team intend to introduce any new rear wing in Barcelona, but Baku and Canada for sure will see the LDW.
    Maybe this one, tested on the Monza track :
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...98#post1060398
    Last edited by Gilles; 16th May 2022 at 21:31.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well , the season is long ,the cars are new ,so a lot can change through the year. Remember how we felt in after Australia and how almost everyone keep telling that things are looking even better for the next races and guest what?? Everything change !! So probably things could be better for us now or it still will be bad and start getting better after the summer break !!! There so many scenarios for this year all with equal possibilities for me . That's why I just wait t9 see how things will unfold through the year!!! Of course I will be quite disappointed if will keep behind the Bull's after our upgrades and I will be excited if we win clearly be being superior to them!!! BUT nevertheless I'll try to be calm and wait for later in the year if things start to clear over the top and one team clearly be faster!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well... We are Ferrari.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Well... We are Ferrari.
    Ready for a recover with the updates?

Great post Gilles. Logic is hard to find on fan forums 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lapo View Post
    Great post Gilles. Logic is hard to find on fan forums ��
    We all wish Ferrari could win every race. For me it’s just the love I have for this Scuderia, but I do get down when we come in 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Luckily he didn't get hurt, that could have ended much worse!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Haas:
    #AMuS Haas managed to get into Q3 despite no upgrades.
    Steiner: "Where have the others gone who came here with half-new cars? We achieved more than them despite no upgrades. That's called efficiency!"
    #AMuS Haas had a small invisible upgrade. The floors of both cars were reinforced, which resulted into no porpoising
    Steiner was amused: "We were able to go lower & lower with the ride height, and the cars became faster and faster. The engineers could not believe it themselves"

AlfaRomeo
    #AMuS Alfa Romeo brought a big upgrade to Barcelona. It was the second big upgrade of the season. On paper the upgrade was set to give the team four tenths which it did.

Ferrari/Mercs/RB:
    Telemetry analysis from Qualifying:
    Mercedes and Red Bull were faster on the straights than Ferrari.
    Russell was -0.123s and Verstappen -0.080s on Charles from the start-finish line up to Turn 1.
    Ferrari’s strongest sections are Turn 4 and Turn 10, each gaining 1 tenth.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Most outlets are having a field day with the crash, mentioning that Leclerc is an accident-prone driver.
    Should we care ?
    Most outlets, hate Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Big “IF” everyone plays fair. Which we know won’t be the case. Horner is already crying for more money and Toto/Merc are crooks. Ferrari is supposedly onboard with the increase, strange as they’ve been for the cap and policing/maintaining it. Let’s see how it all plays out.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I'm deporting this discussion here so as not to go off topic with the SF75 thread :
    Some may think I'm being tough on Carlos, but I mostly think he's badly adviced. RB has already asked Perez (while better placed than Carlos in the championship) to give victory to Verstapen in Spain. If Ferrari had done this to Carlos, it would have been terrible for him. But as RB does, it will be necessary to take a position as well, and Carlos' state of mind does not really go in this direction, it seems to me

I'm deporting this discussion here so as not to go off topic with the SF75 thread :
    Some may think I'm being tough on Carlos, but I mostly think he's badly adviced. RB has already asked Perez (while better placed than Carlos in the championship) to give victory to Verstapen in Spain. If Ferrari had done this to Carlos, it would have been terrible for him. But as RB does, it will be necessary to take a position as well, and Carlos' state of mind does not really go in this direction, it seems to me
    Carlos definitely needs to get his act together.
    He is definitely talented, without a doubt.
    Though, I assume that he still has the mindset of beating Charles so much so that it leads him to make mistakes.
    On the other hand, he just might not have gotten used to this year's machine.

This is where Mattia must put his foot down because it's either overcoming RBR (& Perez) or risking both the titles.
    It might be tough for Carlos, but it's best for the team's aspirations.

Ferrari needs to let both drivers know that there's no Team orders , there both O K to go for the win. It worked for Charles against Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari needs to let both drivers know that there's no Team orders , there both O K to go for the win. It worked for Charles against Seb.
    You forget they weren't fighting for titles.
    Moreover, there is nothing to make working, Charles was simply faster than Seb as he is faster than Carlos

Perez wasn't too happy about what happened last race, hopefully that will create a little instability in the team!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Perez wasn't too happy about what happened last race, hopefully that will create a little instability in the team!
    I fear that instability is much more possible at Ferrari, because Perez knows that RB does not ask him to compete with Max but to protect Max. RB's statements that Carlos was better or on par with Charles were just the start of an attempt to destabilize. They are smart at RB, they knew who their opponents would be and where they would be vulnerable.
    Last edited by Gilles; 28th May 2022 at 06:41.

I fear that instability is much more possible at Ferrari, because Perez knows that RB does not ask him to compete with Max but to protect Max. RB's statements that Carlos was better or on par with Charles were just the start of an attempt to destabilize. They are smart at RB, they knew who their opponents would be and where they would be vulnerable.
    Carlos proved them right on the money this time @ Monaco! Points count!!! No matter from which driver. Charles was allowed to out and did 4x Seb. @ Ferrari. Saintz needs the same O K .