Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 92021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1568

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Mercedes is pulling some strings to get their way for next year. Might not work if they anger most of the teams and protest this safety bullcrap. These same teams saw how fast Mercedes had a solution to the TD in Canada.

Collusion can be spotted.
    Merc with Toto an Co. are a bunch of crooks....i don't trust them as far as i can throw them....they play the safety bull crap so behind the scenes they will build somthing that will benefit them teh most and screw ferrari and red bull that have worked so hard to come up with some clever and spot ON design
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    WHAT?!?!?!? I had no idea they were looking at removing SPA from the calendar....ARE THEY NUTS???? that race is a MUST....it's an iconic track...what are they thinking???
    agreed. It's probably a money issue. Hope both parties figure something out. Spa needs to be on the F1 calender no matter what.

about time Binotto grew a back bone....no more Mr. nice guy and let Toto and Co. influence the MIA......i mean FIA
    Let's see what happens. Action speaks louder than words. I hope he goes thru with it.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Merc with Toto an Co. are a bunch of crooks....i don't trust them as far as i can throw them....they play the safety bull crap so behind the scenes they will build somthing that will benefit them teh most and screw ferrari and red bull that have worked so hard to come up with some clever and spot ON design
    yep, they even got rid of RedBull fast pit stops. Remember RedBull doing sub 2 sec's. pit stops?

Of course merc are pulling strings there next years car design is sweating on changes being made.Just like the hybrid era they want the inside lane with manipulation and posturing with the fia.Ferrari and redbull as all other teams need to fight this farce by mercedes to the bitter end even if it means boycotting races screw mercedes.

Porsche has bought 50% of RedBull Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Porsche has bought 50% of RedBull Racing.

Do you have a link for this article please champ
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Do you have a link for this article please champ
    Sure......sorry for the delay.

https://twitter.com/RedBullRacingEN/...84359209766912

and

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fi...aled/10344245/

Suggests they are confident the rules will not be changed to Mercs wishes.
    Forza Ferrari

Engine rules.
    But indicates nothing. It's just a legal requirement.

Thanks for this!

So it wasn't a rumour after all hey

What on earth does Morocco have to to do with the applications ?
    Drive it like you stole it!

Yes that's correct 50% of red bull f1 and it will be the beginning to the end the two teams will be butting heads the smooth red bull life at the factory is coming to an end.Germans like to lead and do not follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Super M View Post
    Thanks for this!

So it wasn't a rumour after all hey

What on earth does Morocco have to to do with the applications ?

[Motorsport-Total.com]

It has been no secret for months that Porsche will enter F1 in 2026 as a partner "on an equal footing" with Red Bull.

But now there is the first highly official proof that the project is basically already done and the official press release is only a formal act.

In Morocco among other places official information was published this week about the approval of an application that Porsche AG and Red Bull GmbH have submitted jointly & which envisages the acquisition of 50% of the shares in the Red Bull F1 program by Porsche.

You have to know: Porsche and Red Bull had to report their joint project to the antitrust authorities, including in around 20 countries outside the European Union.

The legislation in Morocco, for example, provides that such applications are subject to a publication obligation after approval.

Press release was planned for Red Bull home race. In principle, that would not have been a problem for Porsche and Red Bull, after all, the joint project should have been officially communicated at the Austrian Grand Prix three weeks ago.

But the press release had to be postponed again because the FIA WMSC did not approve the engine regulations from 2026 on June 29 as announced and finalized engine regulations are a basic requirement for Porsche to officially communicate its entry into F1.

This confirms what has been one of the worst kept secrets in F1 for months: Porsche will not only enter F1 as a supplier of the powertrain, but also as a 50% partner of Red Bull.

This has the advantage that large parts of the power unit can be developed and built under one roof at Red Bull Powertrains in Milton Keynes.

The sister team AlphaTauri will in all probability also start with Porsche power - anything else would be illogical due to the desired synergies between Red Bull Racing and AlphaTauri - but will remain 100 percent in the hands of Red Bull GmbH.

Audi: Still in negotiations with Sauber The second brand in the Volkswagen Group, whose entry into Formula 1 has already been approved by all the necessary bodies, Audi, is not as far along with its project as Porsche.

According to information from 'http://Motorsport-Total.com', the Ingolstadt-based company is still negotiating with Sauber owner Finn Rausing about acquiring 75 percent of the team's shares.

As early as April 7, 2022, the Supervisory Board of the Volkswagen Group gave the go-ahead for Porsche and Audi to enter Formula 1 and approved the corresponding budgets, after all the bodies of the two brands had previously given their approval.

what do you think about this joint team?

it wil be bad for us or what?

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    what do you think about this joint team?

it wil be bad for us or what?
    Too early to tell...but both teams have the personnel and the characteristic of winning in their respective motorsport.

Audi looks to acquire Sauber-Alfa Romeo......so that's another "German" team.

Too early to tell...but both teams have the personnel and the characteristic of winning in their respective motorsport.

Audi looks to acquire Sauber-Alfa Romeo......so that's another "German" team.
    it would be bad to see audi instead of Alfa Romeo

I dislike german car brands, they produce cars for men who are 55 years old-married having children.

I like rather original brands like ferrari, alpine, maybe lamborghini, bugatti etc

german automobiles are so boring, as hell. I dont want f1 to lose Alfa Romeo

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    it would be bad to see audi instead of Alfa Romeo

I dislike german car brands, they produce cars for men who are 55 years old-married having children.

I like rather original brands like ferrari, alpine, maybe lamborghini, bugatti etc

german automobiles are so boring, as hell. I dont want f1 to lose Alfa Romeo
    Look up ANY Black Series model from Mercedes........ANY OF THEM from any year. They're quite potent in horsepower and torque and not for the meek or "55 years old-married having childeren." Those models cater to the younger more affluent crowd.

The NEW Porsche 992 Turbo S and GT3 RS and GT3 RS MR are no slouches either.

Red Bull has run its first 2026 F1 engine on the dyno

Red Bull Racing and Dr Helmut Marko have not yet been able to comment on yesterday's leak to the media, following the early publication of a document from Morocco's Competition Council revealing that there is indeed an upcoming Formula 1 joint venture project between Red Bull and Porsche .

The Austrian consultant claims in any case that Red Bull's preparations for the future, involving its own subsidiary Red Bull Powertrains in Milton-Keynes, are going according to plan.

“The first engine, a single-cylinder, is already running on the test bench,” he announces.

"It's an incredible achievement from the people at our engine plant in England. This project is Christian Horner's baby."

Will Helmut Marko still be in F1 to follow and ensure what will happen in 2026, with Porsche or not?

"I'm still passionate and feel younger than I actually am. We're well positioned for the future."

"With Max Verstappen we have the fastest driver under contract until 2028. Our team stands for continuity - the key figures have been with us for a long time."

"For me, I'm planning until 2025. That's how long we'll be racing with the current regulations. After that, we'll see."

https://motorsport-nextgen--auto-com...n&_x_tr_pto=sc

BREAKING: Sebastian Vettel announces his retirement from F1 at the end of the season

GOODBYE SEB. THANKS FOR YOUR YEARS AT FERRARI.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Seen some rumours that Mick is leaving FDA end of season and is first choice to replace Seb. Not sure I believe it.
    Forza Ferrari

Didn't really know where to post my thoughts on this, but I watched the Enzo Ferrari documentary "Race to Immortality" on Sky for the first time this week for the first time and he really doesn't come off well. He seemed to be a real ******** quite frankly... However he was a genius and like most geniuses, they can be

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Didn't really know where to post my thoughts on this, but I watched the Enzo Ferrari documentary "Race to Immortality" on Sky for the first time this week for the first time and he really doesn't come off well. He seemed to be a real ******** quite frankly... However he was a genius and like most geniuses, they can be
    Agree with you, not sure I'd have wanted to be a driver under his 'do or die' mantra, as many did. But he created a mythical and enduring legacy, and I'm glad he did.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agree with you, not sure I'd have wanted to be a driver under his 'do or die' mantra, as many did. But he created a mythical and enduring legacy, and I'm glad he did.
    In Enzo's time it was "do or die". It's harsh, but it's true. Drivers were either brave enough to be willing to go to the edge enough for speed, or they weren't, and had no place in a top car. Same went for the engineers.

Ferrari didn't win almost 1/3 of the WDC and WCC in F1's first 30 years, and 9 24 Hours of Le Mans by being nice and pleasant. Racing was no playground. You played for keeps.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I always thought he would at some point get Senna to drive Ferrari.

Just read an article where Binotto said that Ferrari does not have strategy issues. That the strategy team is great and they are doing good work and while Monaco, Silverstone and Paul Ricard were unfortunate (he didn't mention Hungaroring at all), the decisions were right at the time... WHAT?! This guy is literally dead in the brain! We will never win with this cauliflower retard in charge.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

RIP Ferrari 2019.

Former Ferrari boss said that Binotto should stay but Rueda not...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Just read an article where Binotto said that Ferrari does not have strategy issues. That the strategy team is great and they are doing good work and while Monaco, Silverstone and Paul Ricard were unfortunate (he didn't mention Hungaroring at all), the decisions were right at the time... WHAT?! This guy is literally dead in the brain! We will never win with this cauliflower retard in charge.
    He should be responsible for development of the car and delegate to someone else to manage the race day/pitwall aspects.

You do not lose a talent like Binotto, that is the exact definition of mismanagement. The man is brilliant... you keep him happy and find ways to support him. He was open to bringing Todt back, why did Elkann choose not to do this? I think there is a lot of oversimplification going on here...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You do not lose a talent like Binotto, that is the exact definition of mismanagement. The man is brilliant... you keep him happy and find ways to support him. He was open to bringing Todt back, why did Elkann choose not to do this? I think there is a lot of oversimplification going on here...
    Definitely. That is the point most of us are making here, including myself. He must not be lost.

But he has to fix the strategy system/department.

Ferrari's two great drivers definitely need to let the pit wall and Binotto know what they think at the moment during the races. when it comes to a decision and be strong as to what to do. Binotto needs all the help he can get!