Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 122324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1568

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I really don't like spring races......and now this????

F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali has proposed awarding points in free practice sessions and introducing reverse grids in F1.
    This once great sport is declining really fast!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    How can points be awarded in free practice, ridiculous. I don't like sprint races either, but F1 is heading towards becoming a complete circus with penalties and ever more regulations. It's supposed to be racing, not a strategy contest.
    Last edited by wisepie; 13th September 2022 at 16:53.

AMuS

Since the beginning of the season, the RB18 is said to have lost about 20kg. That is six to seven tenths. In the paddock they say that Red Bull is only 2-5 kg over the minimum weight now. The RB18 weight is closer to the F1-75 now, so Ferrari's weight advantage is gone.

Red Bull was considering the option of a lightweight chassis, but this is said to not come anymore. It will come in 2023. Perhaps Red Bull is also refraining from the option because the competition was alarmed by it [budget cap].

Over the last few months, the Red Bull engineers have specifically developed their car to increase the working window instead of simply looking for more downforce. A lot of work was done on the baffles on the front floor. Downforce is now more consistent in the corners.

Red Bull will only have an upgrade in Singapore & it won’t be as big as the engineers hoped for some weeks ago. The budget cap and the technical rules restrict them.

But the RB18 is so good, it doesn‘t really need any bigger upgrades.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    How can points be awarded in free practice, ridiculous. I don't like sprint races either, but F1 is heading towards becoming a complete circus with penalties and ever more regulations. It's suppose to be racing, not a strategy contest.
    Exactly!

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...269500930?s=21

oh to go back to this time! We were all flying high!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Well this what happens when the Hollywood bunch takes over.

While Domenicalli is considering those changes, why not these as well.....

- extra point for fastest pit stop.
    - cars doing 1 stop race get awarded extra points (at least 5 to make it worthwhile).
    - race winners have to start next race at the back with hard tires
    - throw in random safety cars 2-3 times a race - can use AI to determine best times
    - last 3 teams in points can run 3 cars for next season.

Just to spice up the show a bit.

Let's be real for once f1 is a farce, realisticly year in year out its a 3 horse race , now thats not much fun nor is it productive for f1.Fi needs to introduce a raft of changes for points being allocated eg pole position should score amongst starting grid with handicaps etc etc, if changes are not made and the same continues with no added incentives for fringe teams then f1 will slowly start to die and teams will pull out regardless of budget caps because the caps will make no difference.The ceo of f1 has some heavy lifting to do and to revolutionise f1.He is not just there to drink moet chandon at the end of every f1 race, my suggestion is get cracking .

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    While Domenicalli is considering those changes, why not these as well.....

- extra point for fastest pit stop.
    - cars doing 1 stop race get awarded extra points (at least 5 to make it worthwhile).
    - race winners have to start next race at the back with hard tires
    - throw in random safety cars 2-3 times a race - can use AI to determine best times
    - last 3 teams in points can run 3 cars for next season.

Just to spice up the show a bit.
    To be honest I see it way more simple than all this.
    Just think. Why not they get rid of all gimmicks ending with RS (DRS, KERS, ERS, .....), put normal aspirated engine, as it is meant to be for racing, and... behold... RACE!!!

Just think. Why not they get rid of all gimmicks ending with RS (DRS, KERS, ERS, .....), put normal aspirated engine, as it is meant to be for racing, and... behold... RACE!!!
    I totally agree with you Stefa, but that would go against the “green crap “ F1 want to go towards...if you ask me, that is a crock of $h I t...F1 was never supposed to be about save this, save that, green this green that....it’s supposed to be about flat out racing with no engine saving, tire nursing, fuel saving.....etc

For crying out loud, F1 WAS and IS supposed to be the PINNACLE OF MOTORSPORT RACING.....

To me this F1 show started to DIE slowly ever since the refueling was banned as well as the V8’s were retired in place of these crappy 1.6L V6’s

And it’s gonna get worse and worse thanks to Liberty Media.....Boy do I miss Bernie when he was running the show

At least I’m old enough to know what F1 WAS REALLY LIKE IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I totally agree with you Stefa, but that would go against the “green crap “ F1 want to go towards...if you ask me, that is a crock of $h I t...F1 was never supposed to be about save this, save that, green this green that....it’s supposed to be about flat out racing with no engine saving, tire nursing, fuel saving.....etc

For crying out loud, F1 WAS and IS supposed to be the PINNACLE OF MOTORSPORT RACING.....

To me this F1 show started to DIE slowly ever since the refueling was banned as well as the V8’s were retired in place of these crappy 1.6L V6’s

And it’s gonna get worse and worse thanks to Liberty Media.....Boy do I miss Bernie when he was running the show

Agree with everything!

Amen brother, Amen

F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports, not a charity event for woketards. If we wanted to watch that crap, we would watch FormulaE.

F1 needs to put down the soy latter and eat a rare steak.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports, not a charity event for woketards. If we wanted to watch that crap, we would watch FormulaE.

F1 needs to put down the soy latter and eat a rare steak.
    The reason we are witnessing this "vacuum-cleaner" or "green" era of F1 is due to these manufacturers pushing it to the FIA whom is also agreeing with these green platforms. These manufacturers are also sponsored by big oil companies whom are also trying to be carbon neutral.

Heck, Vettel criticized the FIA for "giving in" to the fly-over at Monza by the Italian aerobatic team because of not being green. What Vettel didn't realize was that the planes were using 25% biofuels as their gas. Now Vettel has to apologize to the President of Italy, whom was there, for making his statement. Activists in F1 are such a nuasance but more so Vettel is a hypocrite due to the amount of planes it takes for F1 to fly cross crountry.

Now, what I propose is that Liberty stand up to these manufacturers and the FIA to come up with a formula where the cars go naturally aspirated and use biofuels as the gas so we have zero carbon emissions......but that won't happen and even IF it did, these manufacturers (Mercedes, Honda, and Renault) would pull out of F1.

Btw, I think WEC i.e. 24 Hours of LeMans is the pinnacle of motorsport (LMP1 class). 2 electrics motors harvesting and driving the front wheels and an inline 4 driving the rear wheels.....for 24 hours straight....at speeds over 220mph down the Mulsanne.

Get rid of "Let him pass or lose your seat!" I believe Liberty will make it easier for new drivers to get a F-1 seat regardless of their nationality! All the hatred toward Luis by F-1 fans because he's a British driver is terrible. 103, 7 anyway!

Montezemolo warns Ferrari: “Politics in Formula 1 is essential to support the team”

Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, former Ferrari president, stressed that politics is an aspect to be constantly taken into consideration in Formula 1, an aspect which is one of the many ways a team boss has to use to protect his men and their work.

“In this sport you need passion and dedication. You have to be there every day and every evening. You have to do a lot of politics to support your team, because others do. You have to be strong to resist and preserve your team”, the words of Luca Cordero di Montezemolo interviewed by French sports newspaper L’Equipe.

A warning from the former Ferrari president to the current people in charge of leading the Maranello team, not to neglect the politics, which often leads to making decisions capable of altering the fate of a season or a regulation cycle.

https://scuderiafans.com/montezemolo...cTJgDQq1FiOlDY

Monti hit the nail on the head.Politics and f1 work hand in hand monti was brilliant at it.Mercedes have the wolf and red bull have Dr Death and ferrari have who????.

Robin Raikkonen won his first Jr Karting race yesterday.

The Force is strong with that one.

Meditate on this, I will.

Clouded this boy's future is.

Avoid Binotto he must, if championship he seeks.

Clouded this boy's future is.

Avoid Binotto he must, if championship he seeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Montezemolo warns Ferrari: “Politics in Formula 1 is essential to support the team”

Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, former Ferrari president, stressed that politics is an aspect to be constantly taken into consideration in Formula 1, an aspect which is one of the many ways a team boss has to use to protect his men and their work.

“In this sport you need passion and dedication. You have to be there every day and every evening. You have to do a lot of politics to support your team, because others do. You have to be strong to resist and preserve your team”, the words of Luca Cordero di Montezemolo interviewed by French sports newspaper L’Equipe.

A warning from the former Ferrari president to the current people in charge of leading the Maranello team, not to neglect the politics, which often leads to making decisions capable of altering the fate of a season or a regulation cycle.

https://scuderiafans.com/montezemolo...cTJgDQq1FiOlDY
    And then along comes Masi ! Now that was as sure a disgraceful way to alter the faith of a season! Unforgiveable.

There is a rumor going around in the paddock that 2 teams breached the budget cap last season. It is said to be Red Bull and Aston Martin. The FIA is supposed to make a statement in due course.
    #AMus

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There is a rumor going around in the paddock that 2 teams breached the budget cap last season. It is said to be Red Bull and Aston Martin. The FIA is supposed to make a statement in due course.
    #AMus
    AMuS

Paddock rumors say that already in the first year (2021) of the budget cap, two teams exceeded the $147.4 million limit. One of them to a considerable extent. The rumour in the paddock is that the two teams are Red Bull and Aston Martin.

Mercedes & Ferrari are told that an extra 5 million dollars in development can be the equivalent of up to half a second on the track. Those who are above the 5 million will have to reckon with harsher penalties. Possibly a points deduction and demotion in the championship.

Another option is that the money will be deducted from the budget cap in the following year. Mercedes and Ferrari think this is questionable. According to their calculations, Red Bull not only exceeded the limit in 2021, but also this season.

That might the reason why the Red Bull lightweight chassis isn‘t coming this year anymore. The costs for material and production are only added to the budget when it is used for the first time. Only the design costs are included in the budget immediately.

If it turns out that Red Bull really did spend too much money in 2021 and gained an unfair technical advantage, it would be the last straw for Mercedes after what happened with the safety car in Abu Dhabi.

Ferrari is ****** for a different reason. They believe that the extra money has then not only gone into the 2021 car, but also into the development of the 2022. Which would explain why Red Bull had such a strong start to the season..

Red Bull's rivals claim to have calculated that the upgrades to the current RB18 could not possibly be produced within the permitted budget. They themselves are hard up against the limit. Binotto said that the new Ferrari floor can‘t come anymore due to the budget cap.

Originally, nothing seemed suspicious to the FIA detectives. But there are people switching between teams and it is believed that this is why the FIA took a second look at the matter.

We hear from FIA circles that the results will be communicated next week. Allegedly, the two teams are only accused of "minor misconduct". Apparently there is room for interpretation. The competition fears that the case has been glossed over to avoid a big scandal.

The FIA is facing a severe test. The teams operating in the legal area are demanding total transparency. And drastic penalties for rule breakers. And faster processing of the test in future. Those who are only caught in October of the following year will benefit twice.

If the FIA isn‘t strict, the other teams say that the whole idea of the budget cap is pointless. The FIA, for its part, wants to avoid the worst case scenario. That would be an intervention in the 2021 World Championship standings.

Gazzetta reported about the budget cap breach earlier today. It was even on the front page of Gazzetta. According to Gazzetta the rumors they have heard say that in RB‘s case it‘s 4-5mio€ spent more than allowed.

Gazzetta also reports that the rival teams want a hefty fine for Red Bull in 2023 (if they actually breached the budget cap rules by this much in 2021), with the inability to do all the development on the car.

Gazzetta says Aston Martin‘s alleged breach is rumored to be only minor (could be related to the new factory) "In addition, in March there was a notice to Williams (fined $ 25000) for having submitted financial documentation of 2021 too late, which was then delivered by May."

F1 extends Sky TV broadcast deal until 2029

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...2029/10376571/

Lucky for us fans
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

AMuS

Paddock rumors say that already in the first year (2021) of the budget cap, two teams exceeded the $147.4 million limit. One of them to a considerable extent. The rumour in the paddock is that the two teams are Red Bull and Aston Martin.

Mercedes & Ferrari are told that an extra 5 million dollars in development can be the equivalent of up to half a second on the track. Those who are above the 5 million will have to reckon with harsher penalties. Possibly a points deduction and demotion in the championship.

Another option is that the money will be deducted from the budget cap in the following year. Mercedes and Ferrari think this is questionable. According to their calculations, Red Bull not only exceeded the limit in 2021, but also this season.

That might the reason why the Red Bull lightweight chassis isn‘t coming this year anymore. The costs for material and production are only added to the budget when it is used for the first time. Only the design costs are included in the budget immediately.

If it turns out that Red Bull really did spend too much money in 2021 and gained an unfair technical advantage, it would be the last straw for Mercedes after what happened with the safety car in Abu Dhabi.

Ferrari is ****** for a different reason. They believe that the extra money has then not only gone into the 2021 car, but also into the development of the 2022. Which would explain why Red Bull had such a strong start to the season..

Red Bull's rivals claim to have calculated that the upgrades to the current RB18 could not possibly be produced within the permitted budget. They themselves are hard up against the limit. Binotto said that the new Ferrari floor can‘t come anymore due to the budget cap.

Originally, nothing seemed suspicious to the FIA detectives. But there are people switching between teams and it is believed that this is why the FIA took a second look at the matter.

We hear from FIA circles that the results will be communicated next week. Allegedly, the two teams are only accused of "minor misconduct". Apparently there is room for interpretation. The competition fears that the case has been glossed over to avoid a big scandal.

The FIA is facing a severe test. The teams operating in the legal area are demanding total transparency. And drastic penalties for rule breakers. And faster processing of the test in future. Those who are only caught in October of the following year will benefit twice.

If the FIA isn‘t strict, the other teams say that the whole idea of the budget cap is pointless. The FIA, for its part, wants to avoid the worst case scenario. That would be an intervention in the 2021 World Championship standings.

Gazzetta reported about the budget cap breach earlier today. It was even on the front page of Gazzetta. According to Gazzetta the rumors they have heard say that in RB‘s case it‘s 4-5mio€ spent more than allowed.

Gazzetta also reports that the rival teams want a hefty fine for Red Bull in 2023 (if they actually breached the budget cap rules by this much in 2021), with the inability to do all the development on the car.

Gazzetta says Aston Martin‘s alleged breach is rumored to be only minor (could be related to the new factory) "In addition, in March there was a notice to Williams (fined $ 25000) for having submitted financial documentation of 2021 too late, which was then delivered by May."
    Nothing will happen because two plus two can be three or five if the Party wishes it.

They will not retroactively subtract constructor’s points, and even if they did RBR didn’t win the CWC. Even if they do remove some they will most likely remain in second place. The FIA won’t exclude them from this years constructors championship because that would give the win to Ferrari whom they have zero respect for. If Merc was in second place then I’d say exclusion is a strong possibility to give them their 9th in a row. If they reduce their 2023 budget by $5MM they will exceed that and then what? FIA kicks the can down the road and RBR won’t pay any attention to it again.

The budget cap system is inherently idiotic and unenforceable because it’s retroactive. The 2021 championship is over, trophies have been handed out. It’s closing the door after the horse has left the barn. At best it’s a “gentlemen’s agreement” but if you want to win, you pay no attention to such things. When you play the game of F1 you win or you die.

I don't doubt that Red Bull have breached the budget cap by quite a big margin. The RB18 is the most developed car on the grid. The RB18 is the most updated car on the grid. RB has been pouring new parts and bringing lightweight parts in almost every GP.
    It's quite clear that RB have cheated.

But I'm more interested to see Ferrari's response and what would they do with the recent revelation. Binotto has been quite vocal about the budget cap. So what would be his/Ferrari's response I wonder?
    Gene said that the mood in Maranello is that of anger. Everyone is angry and they should be.

But I want to see the manifestation of that anger. I want to see Ferrari protesting the legality of the RB18 because it is an illegal car. But another mellow response from Ferrari would make me very angry.

This is about 2021 budget not this year though.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    This is about 2021 budget not this year though.
    For what his word is worth, Wolff says it affects last year, this year and next if they were able to spend more money. Binotto has the same thoughts.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~