Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

I don't know if something more extreme,at least on some areas, are allowed under the new regulations, but this looks pretty simple. I'll wait to see RBR's for example to see if we will see something special, but if ours will be like Haas's,I will be disappointed!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I don't know if something more extreme,at least on some areas, are allowed under the new regulations, but this looks pretty simple. I'll wait to see RBR's for example to see if we will see something special, but if ours will be like Haas's,I will be disappointed!!!
    I think this is just a livery launch. The front and rear wing looks to generic. Also, the rear wing has no DRS/actuator. The side pod inlets are so small and underwhelming. I hope we get more interesting designs moving forward.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I think this is just a livery launch. The front and rear wing looks to generic. Also, the rear wing has no DRS/actuator. The side pod inlets are so small and underwhelming. I hope we get more interesting designs moving forward.
    +1

No one, to include the top teams, are going to show their "secrets" on a livery launch. Testing will give us more insight but more so the first grand prix...especially in a new era of aero regs.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

From these pictures, it looks pretty standard, very similar to FIA model
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Big changes at Spa Francochamps (English subtitles)

Transforming Spa-Francorchamps for the return of Motorcycle racing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXkdJqv9scU

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1

No one, to include the top teams, are going to show their "secrets" on a livery launch. Testing will give us more insight but more so the first grand prix...especially in a new era of aero regs.
    Think the car shown by Hass could be near the real one one the body side (add the coolig vents removed on the sides)
    It mean it could give us a picture of what the red car could be :
    Triangular air box, small engine cover, small cooling inlets, coponents shape and packaging done to clean the rear of the car, maybe a forward position of some of them...
    Also, maybe rear suspension if not photoshoped as the front one probably is

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Think the car shown by Hass could be near the real one one the body side (add the coolig vents removed on the sides)
    It mean it could give us a picture of what the red car could be :
    Triangular air box, small engine cover, small cooling inlets, coponents shape and packaging done to clean the rear of the car, maybe a forward position of some of them...
    Also, maybe rear suspension if not photoshoped as the front one probably is
    More than likely, but then HAAS isn't a top team so there's really nothing to hide at the moment. If I was a TP of a top team, I would just put a mock-up with a livery and not show the real car until testing....but that's me.

More than likely, but then HAAS isn't a top team so there's really nothing to hide at the moment. If I was a TP of a top team, I would just put a mock-up with a livery and not show the real car until testing....but that's me.
    No doubt you're right for top teams, but i think even small teams could have to hide things this year, remember Brawn gp
    Hass provide an early version's render of their car, without mature arodinamyc devices (cooling vents removed, simple wings) and probably fake front pushrod
    Since they buy engine, gearbox and rear suspension from Ferrari (and maybe more), we can learn from the Hass just watching agencement and volume
    Also, part of their staff were SF engineers one year ago, they know things about SF car and have had to design a car whith same coponents
    The laernings could be how they seems to have freed the upper floor's surface and rear wing, that they seems to chose a long wheelbase
    Last edited by Gilles; 5th February 2022 at 17:14.

No doubt you're right for top teams, but i think even small teams could have to hide things this year, remember Brawn gp
    Hass provide an early version's render of their car, without mature arodinamyc devices (cooling vents removed, simple wings) and probably fake front pushrod
    Since they buy engine, gearbox and rear suspension from Ferrari (and maybe more), we can learn from the Hass just watching agencement and volume
    Apparently Haas are not using the Ferrari gearbox on the VF22, not sure why.:

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Apparently Haas are not using the Ferrari gearbox on the VF22, not sure why.:
    Saw something like that for Sauber, but Hass use SF gearbox in my mind
    Found it : "The car is powered by a Ferrari engine and continues to draw other components, including the gearbox, from the Italian team."
    Last edited by Gilles; 5th February 2022 at 17:00.

They forgot Lewis won due to Merc’s 2yr preparation before it lobbied FIA to use hybrid engine. How fair, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I can't believe Lewis fans are still ranting on social media about last season, and people like Skysports keep fueling it which is really dumb.
    I wish Lewis would just leave F1 and take all the drama along with him.

We can focus back on actual racing matters which is going to be exciting with the new car design. Can't wait to see the new cars and pre-season testing

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    They forgot Lewis won due to Merc’s 2yr preparation before it lobbied FIA to use hybrid engine. How fair, eh?
    Mercedes have been developing the turbo-hybrid since 2007....so Mercedes have had an earlier start than everyone else.

Also, throw in the token system (2014 thru 2016...3years) that hampered engine development...that furthered Mercedes dominance.

It took 7 years for Honda, along with RedBull, to catch up to Mercedes. Unbelievable.

May be the fia squared up the ledger with max winning the title from Lewis.well let's face it even i can win the Olympics 100 metres sprint with a 70 metre head start sounds familiar.? I do not believe for 1 second with the mercedes lobbying for hybrid knowing they were scaming years prior would there domination be such,not a chance in the world,easy titles for Lewis.2022 brings a whole new beast iam sure this is front and centre on his mind he will have to earn it now and not just be given it because of mercedes influence those days are over the winning will be incredible should he return.If Lewis does and its a struggle for him to save face I believe an early retirement from the sport will be inevitable.

after research, reflection and to be more precise:
    The Hass pics show us that it is possible to have high air intakes with pushrods front suspension, short sidepods, forward mechanics, unlike the fia model. This choice is said to be more complex but as having more potential. It's surprising coming from a small team, but the transferred engineers were able to bring their acquired knowledge with the Ferrari project, and the Ferrari equipment pushes itself to follow this path: long gearbox
    Regarding the Ferrari, with this same long gearbox, it must follow a comparable path
    Last edited by Gilles; 6th February 2022 at 11:24.

Saw something like that for Sauber, but Hass use SF gearbox in my mind
    Found it : "The car is powered by a Ferrari engine and continues to draw other components, including the gearbox, from the Italian team."
    OK, not sure where I thought I had seen that info, but it makes sense to use the Ferrari gearbox. Thanks for the correction!

OK, not sure where I thought I had seen that info, but it makes sense to use the Ferrari gearbox. Thanks for the correction!
    Y're welcome. With gearbox, we should say also housing and rear suspension, as they are buying Ferrari ones.

Y're welcome. With gearbox, we should say also housing and rear suspension, as they are buying Ferrari ones.
    Just realised that it was Sauber/Alfa who apparently aren't using the Ferrari gearbox, strange to distance themselves from their engine supplier, wonder if there's more to it! Merci beaucoup, anyway.

Just realised that it was Sauber/Alfa who apparently aren't using the Ferrari gearbox, strange to distance themselves from their engine supplier, wonder if there's more to it! Merci beaucoup, anyway.
    I think Sauber refused to come close to Ferrari. Hass takes this step, and could become a stronger contender. Schumacher's attribution to Hass, Vasseur's 2022 driver picks may reflect this issue
    Last edited by Gilles; 6th February 2022 at 18:19.

"
    Craig Scarborough
    @ScarbsTech
    ·
    2 févr.
    Contrary to some reports -
    @alfaromeoorlen
    will still run the Ferrari gearbox in 2022.
    But this is just the inner cassette, Sauber will develop its own uter carbon carrier, in order to have its own rear suspension geometry."

I think Sauber refused to come close to Ferrari. Hass takes this step, and could become a stronger contender. Schumacher's attribution to Hass, Vasseur's 2022 driver picks may reflect this issue
    Good point, maybe the choice of drivers for Sauber/Alfa also has a bearing on Sauber not being so close to Ferrari in 2022, and the fact that the team was possibly being sold to Andretti. I wouldn't be surprised if there are bigger changes afoot with their ownership and possibly even engine supplier, although the Alfa-Ferrari- Stellantis partnership confuses things somewhat. Having their own rear suspension geometry is also an interesting aspect.

Good point, maybe the choice of drivers for Sauber/Alfa also has a bearing on Sauber not being so close to Ferrari in 2022, and the fact that the team was possibly being sold to Andretti. I wouldn't be surprised if there are bigger changes afoot with their ownership and possibly even engine supplier, although the Alfa-Ferrari- Stellantis partnership confuses things somewhat. Having their own rear suspension geometry is also an interesting aspect.
    Also, there were rumours saying Sauber could have switched to Mercedes PU
    Last edited by Gilles; 8th February 2022 at 04:54.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...-2022/7987713/

F1 to move away from knee gesture ceremony in 2022

How will LuLu race without forcing his peers to kneel? How will he go on now that he has to race in a silver car in a silver race suit? oh the oppression!

The tide is turning away from the Ham-Merc era! Finally back to racing and not about pandering/politics! 2022 F1 will see red, this is Ferrari's time! Forza Ferrari...counting down the days until we launch, and until the start of the season.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...-2022/7987713/

F1 to move away from knee gesture ceremony in 2022

How will LuLu race without forcing his peers to kneel? How will he go on now that he has to race in a silver car in a silver race suit? oh the oppression!

The tide is turning away from the Ham-Merc era! Finally back to racing and not about pandering/politics! 2022 F1 will see red, this is Ferrari's time! Forza Ferrari...counting down the days until we launch, and until the start of the season.

Bout time!!!!! I never liked this "woke" "political" gesture from the beginning.
    Last edited by Rob; 9th February 2022 at 06:37.

Bout time!!!!! I never liked this "woke" "political" gesture from the beginning.

Introducing the RB18 | Red Bull Racing Car Launch 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgxplLuex0w

Agreed.

Agreed.

Ferrari teaser of the new team wear! I like the look…looks like there will be a lot of black on our car. The shade of red is nice too! It’s go time!!!!

https://twitter.com/scuderiaferrari/...809463302?s=21
    ~FORZA FERRARI~