Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343546 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

[AMuS]

VW board supports Audi/Porsche F1 entry 2026. Porsche set to work with Red Bull. Looks like Audi & McLaren can't agree on a deal. Sauber now seems to be the favourite option. We hear Aston Martin is also interested in a deal with Audi.

Final decision about the F1 entry of both Porsche and Audi will be made, when the new 2026 engine regulations are defined and approved by the FIA. That might take a few more months. There are still some topics to be discussed.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I was really hoping to see Audi and Porsche join as NEW teams. Not just buy existing teams. And if Audi takes over McLaren, what happens to McLaren road cars?

Welcome once again to more musical chairs and crossbred chassis and motors. Ferrari
    against garagisti forever!!!

Helmut Marko believes that reliability and weight issues will impact the team’s cost cap derailing RB 18’s further performance upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Helmut Marko believes that reliability and weight issues will impact the team’s cost cap derailing RB 18’s further performance upgrades.
    Excellent. Please post exactly the same thing about Mercedes in 3-4 days.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Excellent. Please post exactly the same thing about Mercedes in 3-4 days.
    Mercedes are nowhere, they can't do anything to challenge WDC this year as their problems don't seem like a simple silver bullet, so I think fixing them is too expensive and time consuming to challenge Ferrari.
    If you look at Marko's statement, just imagine what he would have said if the RB was as bad as the Mercedes is right now. I think Marko also thinks about the reliability aspect, but only he knows how much this last point weighs in his vision of the situation. Looking at that, I think the chances of the competition depend on how Ferrari could manage their points and technical advantages. The season still long, many things can happen

Toto Wolf said that they are losing 1 second between Turn8 to Turn9 due to porpoising

It is ridiculous number to claim.

Both Hamilton and Russell was off by 0.25 sec at sector 2

And we were porpoising as hell too.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Toto Wolf said that they are losing 1 second between Turn8 to Turn9 due to porpoising

It is ridiculous number to claim.

Both Hamilton and Russell was off by 0.25 sec at sector 2

And we were porpoising as hell too.
    Wolff is the master of misdirection, whatever he says, take it as the opposite lol.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Oh no. Not only he was not allowed - at first. At least the first 3 races there were efforts to be shown he was the #2. And what happened? He FORCED himself into challenging Seb, and that was what gained him the respect in the team.
    The rest is history. I know, hard pill to swallow. Truth none the less.
    Your comparing the impossible; Todt ;Rubens , Binotto; Charles. Binotto can't help porpoising between Carlos and Charles! Someone has to eventually make way for Mick. Especially when Mick starts making points . Russell got his seat without a point in 2 1/2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Your comparing the impossible; Todt ;Rubens , Binotto; Charles. Binotto can't help porpoising between Carlos and Charles! Someone has to eventually make way for Mick. Especially when Mick starts making points . Russell got his seat without a point in 2 1/2 years.
    I might be in the minority, but I find Mick Schumacher is less Michael and more Ralf...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Mick isn't good enough to get to Ferrari. If he was a star, he would have no problem beating Magnusson, and that isn't the case at all.

Mick is not his father on the track.....not even close.

On Russell, did you see Sakhir2020???

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mick is not his father on the track.....not even close.

On Russell, did you see Sakhir2020???
    Yes I did . That was Luis' " The Car!!" Anyone driving that car would have won!! Russell did 9th. Carlos came from 18th place to the win!! Mick will be right up there soon. Jean ! Ross!! Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I find Mick Schumacher is less Michael and more Ralf...
    You’re not alone.

People expect him to be something special just because Michael was but genetics don’t guarantee driving talent.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    You’re not alone.

People expect him to be something special just because Michael was but genetics don’t guarantee driving talent.
    So far Mick is displaying skills sure enough.
    However, there is a difference between skills and excellence .

Michael was GOAT. and I mean no disrespect to Mick, but I just do not see that to him, at least not yet.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    So far Mick is displaying skills sure enough.
    However, there is a difference between skills and excellence .

Michael was GOAT. and I mean no disrespect to Mick, but I just do not see that to him, at least not yet.
    I believe he is talented, but in the same sense as Albon et al. Good enough to be in F1 but he is not his father. There is no shame in that, there was and always will be only one Michael Schumacher.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I believe he is talented, but in the same sense as Albon et al. Good enough to be in F1 but he is not his father. There is no shame in that, there was and always will be only one Michael Schumacher.
    Exactly that. Which makes it unfair to him; asking him to somehow be the next Michael; let him be Mick.
    If for some reason he surprises us all, so be it.
    I say let him have fun, it's hard enough for him that his father cannot watch him race.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Nailed it.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I am an even smaller minority.
    Mick has no place in F1. He beat Mazepin, but he can't beat Magnusen! I like the Viking but honestly, he is nothing special. Class 2 F1 driver.
    Talents like Alonso, Michael make an impact immediately. Even Webber was better!

So, let's hope that Mick doesn't get a promotion to Ferrari.

He seems like a nice person and I'd be very happy for his success but so far
    have seen nothing to get excited about in his F! carreer. I wish him well
    and hope he finds his true calling even if it isn't in F1.

New 2026 engines : "Ferrari is firmly opposed to the idea that the world runners-up can, with an interpretative subterfuge, have more money and above all more development time."

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-vs-...litical-power/

Kyalami looks to make a return to F1.

The contract with F1 are in its preliminary phase.

New 2026 engines : "Ferrari is firmly opposed to the idea that the world runners-up can, with an interpretative subterfuge, have more money and above all more development time."

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-vs-...litical-power/
    I hate the homologated engine rules. It's ridiculous that a team can be stuck being uncompetitive because of it's engine and has no way to improve. With a budget cap in place, I don't see why teams don't have freedom to develop the PU as they please. If they want to spend $100 million on the engine and very little on aero, then that's their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I hate the homologated engine rules. It's ridiculous that a team can be stuck being uncompetitive because of it's engine and has no way to improve. With a budget cap in place, I don't see why teams don't have freedom to develop the PU as they please. If they want to spend $100 million on the engine and very little on aero, then that's their decision.
    Agree, as long as the Fia can verify what is really spent
    If you look at the rules in preparation: for "rookies" engines, a few million in development the first year, a few others the second, it's nonsense

Agree, as long as the Fia can verify what is really spent
    If you look at the rules in preparation: for "rookies" engines, a few million in development the first year, a few others the second, it's nonsense
    2014 thru 2016....3 years of styfullness from the competition as Mercedes "breezed" thru their domination. Every year, Mercedes kept getting ahead on their PU development while others were trying to catch up.

At least in this 2022 era till 2026, there is some parity with the engines amongst Ferrari, RedBull, and Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    2014 thru 2016....3 years of styfullness from the competition as Mercedes "breezed" thru their domination. Every year, Mercedes kept getting ahead on their PU development while others were trying to catch up.

At least in this 2022 era till 2026, there is some parity with the engines amongst Ferrari, RedBull, and Mercedes.
    Yes, and Mercedes had a huge hidden margin which they gradually released according to their needs
    This time, instead of that said "parity", I really hope Ferrari has a lot more power up its sleeve. They said "significant upgrade" when talking about the PU2, I scrutinize the words used, they say a lot with Binotto

Enzo would be furious

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Enzo would be furious
    As I have been furious for the past many years! He would have threaten or actually quit F1 (although modern non-participation penalties
    would come into effect, penalties that Enzo would have probably never agreed to or signed?)
    Last edited by Liscia; 15th April 2022 at 20:59.

And what about customer teams?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And what about customer teams?
    They could build their own. If not, I guess they are at the mercy of what their supplier gives them. Just like it is now.