Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Sigh...

Maybe King Charles is right...

Maybe it's time to give up and move on to 2026 !

... or , King Charles, how bout take a cold shower? :P
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I think we we had the pace in Imola, but just bad luck and bad setup. Look at Charles vs Perez on equal tires. Charles was faster. Bring on PU2 plus aero updates. Bienvenido a Miami!

The advantages and disadvantages of a pull-rod and push-rod suspension.

F1 Car Suspension Explained! | F1 TV Tech Talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edcGX50fWj8
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Absolutely right. Why would Ferrari even bother to bring updates to the car now? It's probably as good as it's going to get. With how great Red Bull is at developing and we've already done 4 races, might be impossible to catch them. I'm definitely going to hang on Marko's every word and when he says that we have no chance... then... sigh... he must be right. I think I'll personally forward your post to Binotto just so he's not wasting his time on crappy updates that won't help us. I think he's going to be disappointed.
    Go Red Bull.
    So, is it Sarcasm Bob or is it really Silent Bob? I'm guessing that if it truly is Silent Bob, then you are really a lurking Mercedes / Hamilton fan. Like last year, when Ferrari were in no position to win either drivers or constructors championship ... I was pulling for Verstappen to pull it out vs Hamilton. Are you hoping for a Red Bull triumph because Mercedes is so far off the pace and the Hamster is nowhere? Not wanting to get into an argument ... just curious. Tell me it's sarcasm, I will feel foolish and Ferrari will prevail this year ... the F1 world is not used to this kind of patience and calm from Ferrari! Been a fan since 1960! This year I am truly excited!

So the MiamiGP has a fake harbor with fake water.......

Why not add male and female mannequins in beachwear to the fake harbor......unbelievable!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So the MiamiGP has a fake harbor with fake water.......

Why not add male and female mannequins in beachwear to the fake harbor......unbelievable!!!!!
    Towns like Miami and NY are full of fake stuff and fake people.

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    Most every successful NY and Miami resident Buys a Ferrari! Fake people for sure ! Who needs a Ferrari?

Fake and tacky but the capital of that is Las Vegas, remembered for its parking lot GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Most every successful NY and Miami resident Buys a Ferrari! Fake people for sure ! Who needs a Ferrari?
    No most of them buy teslas. Lol

And I’m talking about all the fake ballers I see on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by VSOPilot View Post
    So, is it Sarcasm Bob or is it really Silent Bob? I'm guessing that if it truly is Silent Bob, then you are really a lurking Mercedes / Hamilton fan. Like last year, when Ferrari were in no position to win either drivers or constructors championship ... I was pulling for Verstappen to pull it out vs Hamilton. Are you hoping for a Red Bull triumph because Mercedes is so far off the pace and the Hamster is nowhere? Not wanting to get into an argument ... just curious. Tell me it's sarcasm, I will feel foolish and Ferrari will prevail this year ... the F1 world is not used to this kind of patience and calm from Ferrari! Been a fan since 1960! This year I am truly excited!
    That was definitely sarcasm on his part, he's been on this forum since 2004 lol ;)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

No most of them buy teslas. Lol

And I’m talking about all the fake ballers I see on social media.
    Whats a Telsa? Do they suffer porposing?

MiamiGP 2022

One of Ferrari’s drivers helmet has the Miami Vice picture painted on his helmet….possibly Leclerc. The Miami Vice picture is the one on the cassette or CD with Crockett and Tubbs.

Celiberties will attend the GP.

Weather looks “iffy” on Sunday.

Whats a Telsa? Do they suffer porposing?
    iPhones on wheels with mclaren build quality. And idk ask the idiots who take pics with super cars pretending it’s theirs.

You think the drivers complained about the heat and humidity in Malaysia... You are NEVER dry in Miami. You get out of the shower, towel off and you're instantly wet again. Few places are worse for a GP. If you wanna hang out at the beach, sure, a race, in a firesuit and helmet? F that!

Bro... you're from LA... the plastic surgery capitol of the world...

Have at least a little self awareness, please.

German car companies Audi and Porsche have decided to enter Formula 1, the boss of their parent group Volkswagen said on Monday.

VW chief executive Herbert Diess said discussions about F1 at board level had created divisions within the group.

He said Audi and Porsche bosses, whose brands are VW's biggest income generators, argued entering F1 would bring in more money than not doing so.

"You just run out of arguments [against it]," Diess said.

Speaking at an event in Wolfsburg, where VW is based, Diess added that Porsche's preparations were more concrete than Audi's, without specifying details.

Porsche is said by F1 insiders to be preparing an alliance with Red Bull.

Porsche would partner with the team's new engine division, which has been set up to design build the drinks brand's own power-unit for the new engine regulations due in F1 in 2026, and the team would run as Red Bull-Porsche.

Audi will come in as a team and has been linked with buying out an existing entrant.

It is said to have had talks with McLaren, Sauber, Aston Martin and Williams.

The VW Group has toyed with the idea of entering F1 for decades, without ever formally committing.

It was included in discussions over the current engine rules when they were being discussed at the beginning of the last decade, but ultimately decided against an entry.

Last year, then Porsche Motorsport vice-president Fritz Enzinger told BBC Sport that the company was again considering an entry, as long as the new engine rules went in a way that suited it.

This is now the case. F1's new engine will run on fully sustainable fuels - a non-negotiable requirement for a VW Group entry - and will make electric power a greater proportion of the overall output of the engine than currently.

Last month, the VW Board approved in principle the idea of Porsche and Audi entering F1, once the engine rules were confirmed.

F1 has not yet fully defined the engine regulations but the overall direction of travel is clear.

The architecture of the engine will be the same as now, a 1.6-litre V6 turbo hybrid.

The hybrid system itself will be simplified for 2026, with the removal of the complex MGU-H, which recovers and redeploys energy from the turbocharger.

The hybrid is planned to produce 50% of the total power output of the engine.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    German car companies Audi and Porsche have decided to enter Formula 1, the boss of their parent group Volkswagen said on Monday.

VW chief executive Herbert Diess said discussions about F1 at board level had created divisions within the group.

He said Audi and Porsche bosses, whose brands are VW's biggest income generators, argued entering F1 would bring in more money than not doing so.

"You just run out of arguments [against it]," Diess said.

Speaking at an event in Wolfsburg, where VW is based, Diess added that Porsche's preparations were more concrete than Audi's, without specifying details.

Porsche is said by F1 insiders to be preparing an alliance with Red Bull.

Porsche would partner with the team's new engine division, which has been set up to design build the drinks brand's own power-unit for the new engine regulations due in F1 in 2026, and the team would run as Red Bull-Porsche.

Audi will come in as a team and has been linked with buying out an existing entrant.

It is said to have had talks with McLaren, Sauber, Aston Martin and Williams.

The VW Group has toyed with the idea of entering F1 for decades, without ever formally committing.

It was included in discussions over the current engine rules when they were being discussed at the beginning of the last decade, but ultimately decided against an entry.

Last year, then Porsche Motorsport vice-president Fritz Enzinger told BBC Sport that the company was again considering an entry, as long as the new engine rules went in a way that suited it.

This is now the case. F1's new engine will run on fully sustainable fuels - a non-negotiable requirement for a VW Group entry - and will make electric power a greater proportion of the overall output of the engine than currently.

Last month, the VW Board approved in principle the idea of Porsche and Audi entering F1, once the engine rules were confirmed.

F1 has not yet fully defined the engine regulations but the overall direction of travel is clear.

The architecture of the engine will be the same as now, a 1.6-litre V6 turbo hybrid.

The hybrid system itself will be simplified for 2026, with the removal of the complex MGU-H, which recovers and redeploys energy from the turbocharger.

The hybrid is planned to produce 50% of the total power output of the engine.
    Why is the new guy on the block making demands, the hell with them.

Goodbye F1. This is such a damn joke. It's going to be FormulaE Light.

Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    You think the drivers complained about the heat and humidity in Malaysia... You are NEVER dry in Miami. You get out of the shower, towel off and you're instantly wet again. Few places are worse for a GP. If you wanna hang out at the beach, sure, a race, in a firesuit and helmet? F that!

Bro... you're from LA... the plastic surgery capitol of the world...

Have at least a little self awareness, please.
    Yes I know I meant all the big cities, thats why I said “towns like”. I live in LA because I have to, I don’t necessarily like it. I’m talking about this new craze where people do anything for clout; in relation to Miami faking the marina dock. Rent a Ferrari and tell everyone it’s yours, type of stunts. Seems that’s acceptable now. Guess I should’ve explained myself better.

F1 is quite the den of vipers and traitors and much as I liked Domenicali his connection with Audi prior to the FIA is malodorous to me?

Yes I know I meant all the big cities, thats why I said “towns like”. I live in LA because I have to, I don’t necessarily like it. I’m talking about this new craze where people do anything for clout; in relation to Miami faking the marina dock. Rent a Ferrari and tell everyone it’s yours, type of stunts. Seems that’s acceptable now. Guess I should’ve explained myself better.
    10-4, Gotcha!

"[Insert Bid City Name Here] You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

What I like about Miami is it's diversity which is also what I detest about it, and it's always worth mentioning the pesky breeze
    that blows ashore EVERY DAY no matter the season blasting it all with humidity and salt. Ah for the dry air of Las Vegas - NOT!

Guys/Gals/People, this is the F1 rumours thread...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Why is the new guy on the block making demands, the hell with them.

Goodbye F1. This is such a damn joke. It's going to be FormulaE Light.

Barf.
    F1 is dead for long time now.... Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    F1 is dead for long time now.... Sadly.
    Yes Stefa it is dead as we knew it but things do change and not always for the better:(

On another sad note, I was grieved to read of Tony Brooks' passing and while many have forgotten or never knew of him
    I will always remember all his wins for Ferrari in the Dino. Never a world champion but usually in contention with our
    team and Vanwall. An extremely polite and educated British gentleman who drove skillfully and CLEANLY throughout
    his carreer - unsung maybe but certainly not by me! My deepest sympathy to his family. Thank you Dr. Brooks!!!
    Last edited by Liscia; 5th May 2022 at 15:55.

Ferrari's 2,3 keeps us up in the points , both Ws . Don't Rubenize Carlos!!! Charles is too close with Max results wise. And Merc handing over the 1,2 to Russell making him#1 including giving him the car is in Ferrari's favor for sure. Our drivers are better than Russell by far.

Brembo we are 20 years further in time...

Let it go ?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Brembo is really Marty McFly

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Brembo is really Marty McFly
    He is TROLL!!!

Ferrari is blessed with two top drivers, let them race ! Binotto can forget about Making room for Mick. Mick is no way near ready.

Ferrari is blessed with two top drivers, let them race ! Binotto can forget about Making room for Mick. Mick is no way near ready.
    I'm not certain Sainz is a top driver
    Look at the gaps between them, Leclerc has made in every race so far
    Sainz top driver is nothing but a Horner's joke, or strategy if you prefer
    Choose your side
    Last edited by Gilles; 9th May 2022 at 21:55.

Frankly, much as as I wish and hope the opposite I can't see Mick ever being worthy of a seat?
    Time will tell if he shows some brilliance and ever comes into the equation.
    Sainz is what we've got now and must continue to be steadied to meet the potential he's shown in
    flashes in the past. He was good last year but with the much improved car he must also much improve.