Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Gp247 article stating... Michael Masi almost certainly out!

Sad state of affairs, he seems to be the FIAs scapegoat.

I stand by it... Charlie Whiting has made worse calls.

Yet mode proof that Mercedes own F1, they can bribe and threaten and get what they want. it's despicable
    if this is true then I'm guessing the WDC will be nailed on for Ham in 2022 regardless of what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60082961

F1 bans military fly-pasts..

One word. Rhymes with the things you use to moor a ship at sea.
    of course british bias kicks in again, Silverstone exempt.

I'm sure I read that the Frecce Tricolori would also be allowed at Monza despite this new crusade against carbon emissions/power posturing.

Is it me, or F1's really becoming a joke these days!!

Red Bull 2022 car didn't pass the FIA crash tests. They have to strengthen the front crash structure.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Drama at AMRF1???? Maybe the reason why Otmar left??? I would not want to be under Mr. "Strollavich" if all this is true."

Crisis unfolds: Aston Martin will not make first test

Aston Martin Racing has appointed a new F1 team principal for the 2022 season. Former head of BMW’s global motorsport operation Mike Krack has joined the outfit after the departure of long-standing team member Otmar Szafnauer, but the new boss will be taking on a Formula 1 team in crisis.

Krack has plenty of experience during his time in motorsport, after a decade in Formula One working for Sauber. Most recently Krack was in charge of the BMW Formula E team as well as the GT and IMSA programmes. But Krack will be tackling some significant issues in a team that has over the years gained a reputation of punching well above its weight, but now appears to be headed to disaster.

A source within the team has revealed to this website a deepening resentment in the factory at the situation unfolding.

Canadian billionaire Lawerence Stroll took over the self confessed ‘plucky family team’ known as Force India owned by Vijay Mallya. A team who gained a deserved reputation for making the most of limited resources, often at the head of the fiercely competitive midfield and frequently embarrassing far better funded competitors.

Now the squad has received significant investment and a total rebrand as the official works Aston Martin team with the focus of a marketing vehicle for the carmaker rather than a grassroots style racing team.

Further, the team has gone from a modest, but efficient workforce to a far larger entity of what appears to be ‘headless chickens’ according to our source. Despite the 200+ additional employees, the issues within the team have impacted the development of the brand new 2022 Formula 1 car, the AMR22, set to be the first car of the grid with a presentation date of Thursday the 10th of February.

Despite being first out of the blocks with the show car, TJ13 understands that the real car will be far from ready when the first winter tests start later in February. Furthermore the source reveals that:

“The car is miles behind to the point if it makes 1st test at Barcelona on Feb 23rd everyone will be so surprised you’ll hear the cheer from outer space….”

Understandably Lawrence Stroll is not a happy bunny; the new highly paid executives and their underlings too scared to voice what needs to be said in countless meetings in an attempt to resolve the problems, whilst significant sums of money are being thrown at the issues.

Indeed it seems to many within the team feel that the former team principal Otmar Szafnauer jumped ship to Alpine having seen the writing on the wall. The new boss Mike Krack will have a mountain to climb to get the team back on track.

https://thejudge13.com/2022/01/28/cr...ke-first-test/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

F1 at Vegas....coming soon.

https://twitter.com/LasVegasLocally/...Co1YjVj6QpAAAA

Hat trick for number of F1 races in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Red Bull 2022 car didn't pass the FIA crash tests. They have to strengthen the front crash structure.
    Mercedes failed as well. Apparently they had an extreme solution that didn’t work out.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...22-crash-test/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Is it me, or F1's really becoming a joke these days!!
    Definitely has become a joke. The woke culture that is spreading around the world has hit F1 and is slowly destroying it. That, plus appeasing to Hamilton’s every wish is putting the nail in the coffin. The media still can’t stop talking about how the poor baby was robbed and how can he possibly continue to race?. 50 million a year, unlimited protection from the FIA, 7 gifted titles in the bag and he really needs a reason to continue? Please, get over yourself.

So happy to see Merc will be silver again, and the fact that Ham isn’t champion. Maybe we can focus on racing again and not appeasing him. Here is hoping Ferrari are competitive this year!!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Definitely has become a joke. The woke culture that is spreading around the world has hit F1 and is slowly destroying it. That, plus appeasing to Hamilton’s every wish is putting the nail in the coffin. The media still can’t stop talking about how the poor baby was robbed and how can he possibly continue to race?. 50 million a year, unlimited protection from the FIA, 7 gifted titles in the bag and he really needs a reason to continue? Please, get over yourself.

So happy to see Merc will be silver again, and the fact that Ham isn’t champion. Maybe we can focus on racing again and not appeasing him. Here is hoping Ferrari are competitive this year!!
    Well, there's no smoke without fire. The British media keeps on clinging on to old conspiracy theories and people believe in it.
    I do want Hamilton to be beaten either by one of our boys or Max or any other worthy contender so that he see the writing on the wall. Schumacher, Nico knew when their time was up and they retired gracefully without creating a fuss. This guy's nothing but a drama king.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Drama at AMRF1???? Maybe the reason why Otmar left??? I would not want to be under Mr. "Strollavich" if all this is true."

Aston Martin Racing has appointed a new F1 team principal for the 2022 season. Former head of BMW’s global motorsport operation Mike Krack has joined the outfit after the departure of long-standing team member Otmar Szafnauer, but the new boss will be taking on a Formula 1 team in crisis.

Krack has plenty of experience during his time in motorsport, after a decade in Formula One working for Sauber. Most recently Krack was in charge of the BMW Formula E team as well as the GT and IMSA programmes. But Krack will be tackling some significant issues in a team that has over the years gained a reputation of punching well above its weight, but now appears to be headed to disaster.

A source within the team has revealed to this website a deepening resentment in the factory at the situation unfolding.

Canadian billionaire Lawerence Stroll took over the self confessed ‘plucky family team’ known as Force India owned by Vijay Mallya. A team who gained a deserved reputation for making the most of limited resources, often at the head of the fiercely competitive midfield and frequently embarrassing far better funded competitors.

Now the squad has received significant investment and a total rebrand as the official works Aston Martin team with the focus of a marketing vehicle for the carmaker rather than a grassroots style racing team.

Further, the team has gone from a modest, but efficient workforce to a far larger entity of what appears to be ‘headless chickens’ according to our source. Despite the 200+ additional employees, the issues within the team have impacted the development of the brand new 2022 Formula 1 car, the AMR22, set to be the first car of the grid with a presentation date of Thursday the 10th of February.

Despite being first out of the blocks with the show car, TJ13 understands that the real car will be far from ready when the first winter tests start later in February. Furthermore the source reveals that:

“The car is miles behind to the point if it makes 1st test at Barcelona on Feb 23rd everyone will be so surprised you’ll hear the cheer from outer space….”

Understandably Lawrence Stroll is not a happy bunny; the new highly paid executives and their underlings too scared to voice what needs to be said in countless meetings in an attempt to resolve the problems, whilst significant sums of money are being thrown at the issues.

Indeed it seems to many within the team feel that the former team principal Otmar Szafnauer jumped ship to Alpine having seen the writing on the wall. The new boss Mike Krack will have a mountain to climb to get the team back on track.

Stroll senior is jumping the gun in return for quick results, a recipie for disaster. It will be good to see how he deals with the scenario he created and going against his personality.

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    Gp247 article stating... Michael Masi almost certainly out!

Sad state of affairs, he seems to be the FIAs scapegoat.

I stand by it... Charlie Whiting has made worse calls.

Nothing has been confirmed yet from the FIA.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Mercedes failed as well. Apparently they had an extreme solution that didn’t work out.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...22-crash-test/
    This has been falsely reported by a number of articles and tweets. Reports by Motorsport Italy that Mercedes allegedly failed the FIA crash tests are false.
    Mercedes told RTL that the W13 received the official FIA seal approval for the new season on January 13!

Stroll senior is jumping the gun in return for quick results, a recipie for disaster. It will be good to see how he deals with the scenario he created and going against his personality.
    I know of someone who knows Stoll's Sr. behavior and he's very short tempered and impatient. I would'nt be surprised IF he sold the team to Porsche or Audi.

He literally copied the Mercedes thinking he would gain an advantage but then the floor regs came in and that hampered the year old xeroxed Mercedes and his team could'nt adapt to the floor changes. Frustration is setting in for Stroll Sr......not to mention his son is in his 6th year in F1 and is average at best.

I seriously doubt that was the reason Otmar left.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

This has been falsely reported by a number of articles and tweets. Reports by Motorsport Italy that Mercedes allegedly failed the FIA crash tests are false.
    Mercedes told RTL that the W13 received the official FIA seal approval for the new season on January 13!
    They failed the initial test but had a plan B in place. Reason they failed the test is that their initial approach was "too radical".
    Also, AFAIK, also RBR failed their test.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I know of someone who knows Stoll's Sr. behavior and he's very short tempered and impatient. I would'nt be surprised IF he sold the team to Porsche or Audi.

He literally copied the Mercedes thinking he would gain an advantage but then the floor regs came in and that hampered the year old xeroxed Mercedes and his team could'nt adapt to the floor changes. Frustration is setting in for Stroll Sr......not to mention his son is in his 6th year in F1 and is average at best.
    Well.. they say "Understand and copy rather than blindly copying" for a reason

[Scarbs]

First off: suspension. The regs detail the outboard & inboard suspension.
    Outboard the suspension must pass into the bigger wheels & must not change ride height +2mm. This bans the exposed pivots & pushrod mounts.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...245445/photo/1

The option of pushrod or pullrod geometry opens up.
    Having a lower inboard set up, flattens the effective geometry of the wishbone/pushrod. The pushrod must be inside the wheel & no lower 40mm below the axle.
    So, it may be better to have a pullrod.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...104199/photo/1

The inboard suspension will also be changed, it will be much simpler front and rear. Its function will be more transparent, compared to the hydraulics & gas springs that lowered the rear at speed and supported the front under braking.
    Inerters, mechanical or fluid are also banned.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...490688/photo/1

We will see a simpler set up with everything at the rocker.
    Just mechanical springs (inc torsion bars) and 'simple' dampers to control, pitch, roll and single wheel movement.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...504770/photo/1

Well.. they say "Understand and copy rather than blindly copying" for a reason
    Renault kept "flagging" the AMRF1 car was "illegal" race after race due to the copying of the brakes(listed item).....but AMRF1 kept going and eventually got penalized 15 points in the constructors.

I'm having bad memories of prior championships where Mercedes or Red Bull went with extreme solutions and didn't pass crash tests.......
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Renault kept "flagging" the AMRF1 car was "illegal" race after race due to the copying of the brakes(listed item).....but AMRF1 kept going and eventually got penalized 15 points in the constructors.
    Gives me enough confidence that FiA will be impartial in implementing their own rules.. I ain't jumping but if AMRF1 got away with it, then what is the guarantee that other teams wont' use illegal solutions(not extreme ones) only to get slapped on the wrists at a later stage. I mean FiA would be fighting a mess it created.

Does anyone has a picture of Alfa Romeo rear, heard they posted a pic of it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    Does anyone has a picture of Alfa Romeo rear, heard they posted a pic of it.
    https://postimg.cc/rDLZ4Tcs

LAUNCH DATES:

10 FEB - Aston MartinAMR22
    11 FEB - McLaren MCL36
    14 FEB - AlphaTauri AT03
    17 FEB - Ferrari F1-75
    18 FEB - Mercedes W13
    22 FEB - Alpine A522
    27 FEB - Alfa Romeo C42

TO BE ANNOUNCED:
    Red BullRB18
    WilliamsFW44
    HaasVF-22

RedBull launch

09 FEB - RedBull RB18
    11 FEB - McLaren MCL36
    14 FEB - AlphaTauri AT03
    17 FEB - Ferrari F1-75
    18 FEB - Mercedes W13
    22 FEB - Alpine A522
    27 FEB - Alfa Romeo C42

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/st...CiwfityKopAAAA

RedBull launch

09 FEB - RedBull RB18
    11 FEB - McLaren MCL36
    14 FEB - AlphaTauri AT03
    17 FEB - Ferrari F1-75
    18 FEB - Mercedes W13
    22 FEB - Alpine A522
    27 FEB - Alfa Romeo C42

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/st...CiwfityKopAAAA
    Haas is doing it’s car launch on Friday 4th Feb before RB.

Confirmed car launch dates:
    Feb. 4 - Haas
    Feb. 9 - Red Bull
    Feb. 10 - Aston Martin
    Feb. 11 - McLaren
    Feb. 14 - AlphaTauri
    Feb. 17 - Ferrari
    Feb. 18 - Mercedes
    Feb. 21 - Alpine
    Feb. 27 - Alfa Romeo

Not really a launch I've read just a livery showing.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Those sidepods look so massive. Surely they can slim those down?