Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Yes
    And for whoever thinks my opinion is exaggerated, do you remember how superior the Mercedes engine was in 2014 (cheat of the decade), with years of anticipated engineering and that, despite they were hiding their true power to not been suspected, while pointing Ferrari as favorite every pre-season? I found back the pic tweeted by Mercedes during winter 2015, taken right at the factory doors : Enjoy!

Attachment 7979
    Corriere Della Sera on the W13 upgrades for Bahrain Tests: "The car should be almost without sidepods, thanks to a revolutionary but efficient arrangement of the radiators in the highest area of the bodywork. This has produced impressive simulator performances." "The gains are already 'legendary', worth much more than 1s per lap."
    If these rumours are true the W13 could be as dominant as some of it's predecessors, but the FIA is uncertain about the legality of some cars: the new W13, and the new RB18 as well, will have to be checked

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Corriere Della Sera on the W13 upgrades for Bahrain Tests: "The car should be almost without sidepods, thanks to a revolutionary but efficient arrangement of the radiators in the highest area of the bodywork. This has produced impressive simulator performances." "The gains are already 'legendary', worth much more than 1s per lap."
    If these rumours are true the W13 could be as dominant as some of it's predecessors, but the FIA is uncertain about the legality of some cars: the new W13, and the new RB18 as well, will have to be checked

IF this is the case, then for me it's over. I still gonna have Ferrari in my hart BUT I'm not gonna continue bother with races etc. And unfortunately Merc will prove that they are the most dominant team ever !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    IF this is the case, then for me it's over. I still gonna have Ferrari in my hart BUT I'm not gonna continue bother with races etc. And unfortunately Merc will prove that they are the most dominant team ever !!!!
    Most ‘corrupt’ team ever. Dirty Wolff has his fingers everywhere in the sport and he’s dangerous. If Mercedes’ dominance continues, F1 is finished.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

It's all a bit vague that. 1 sec advantage against what?

Edit: reading more they say it's against the car they brought to Barcelona in the first test. Meh we will see, I wasn't impressed with Mercedes in the first test, ourselves and McLaren looked the better teams.
    Last edited by patrese86; 8th March 2022 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Most ‘corrupt’ team ever. Dirty Wolff has his fingers everywhere in the sport and he’s dangerous. If Mercedes’ dominance continues, F1 is finished.
    Its easy to blame the others when you're failing .I dont like that, unless i have solid proofs. Like i dont like to say the same to me if i dominate !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Wait and see. Brawn might be following this closely. Could it fall under what he already call as illegal ? I'm naturally in favor to innovation, but everyone now (those involved in the F1, not simple public, unfortunately) knows about the cheating during the last erea. they weren't penalized (the fia did not saw the cheating coming, no more than Montzemolo), but i don't think Brawn to be ready for a new period of Mercedes dominance. I hope at least

Its easy to blame the others when you're failing .I dont like that, unless i have solid proofs. Like i dont like to say the same to me if i dominate !!!!
    I agree with you, but with all these restrictions to update cars, there is a problem. The main objective of the FIA ​​was to achieve relative convergence on performance, not a technological breakthrough with rules preventing the competition from enough upgrading (as for 2014)

There is plenty of proof. But regardless, they had the jump on the regs last time around and no one was allowed to catch up. If they do it again this time and again no one is allowed to catch up until 2026 then I stand by my point that F1 would be dead. The whole point of the new regs was convergence, not Merc domination.

Anyway, these are all rumours of 0 side pods and 1 second a lap faster. Let’s see what happens come Q3 next week and then we will be able to comment correctly.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I'm not sure about these legality arguments... under the cap you wouldn't bring a car that has crucial features that could be deemed illegal because, if so, you'd spend a big part of your development budget trying to catch up. So, in my mind, whatever car they bring will have been cleared for the most crucial aspects, like side pods.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm not sure about these legality arguments... under the cap you wouldn't bring a car that has crucial features that could be deemed illegal because, if so, you'd spend a big part of your development budget trying to catch up. So, in my mind, whatever car they bring will have been cleared for the most crucial aspects, like side pods.
    Nothing certain, but Brawn's words were that he saw illegal things in the drawings submitted to him by the teams for Bahrain updates :

"The top five drivers, coming from four different teams, were separated by less than half a second with Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton leading the way.
    Whether it stays that way remains to be seen with reports claiming several teams, including Mercedes and Red Bull, will head to the Sakhir circuit for this week’s test with significant upgrades for their cars.
    Some of those upgrades that will be debuted in Bahrain are said to be toe-ing the line.
    According to Auto Motor und Sport the CAD data that the FIA have already seen in order to check the legality of the upgrades that are coming, shows that some are “sailing close to the wind and bringing solutions that do not quite correspond to the spirit of the regulations”.
    Brawn has reminded all the teams that a tweak of the rules means if someone finds a “silver bullet”, the rules can be changed in “short notice” to ban that innovation"

Yesterday I read back the 2014 pre-season test's forum, sure I don't want to see it happen again !

A mercedes with hardly any side pods sounds legal to me.Of course its the big bad wolf at play.FIA will do nothing to the bullies of f1.This is all about making sure hamilton gets his 8th title this time,to replace the aledgedly stolen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post

Scarbs take on “no side pods”

https://twitter.com/scarbstech/statu...124819462?s=21
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

if you think about it, having NO side pot HOLE is quite beneficial, as having a hole induces LOTS of drag...but at the same time it woudl be hard to keep the car/engine COOL....
    if they did come up with such thing, i hope it blows in their face and have lots of issues due to cumulative heat not being able to keep the engine within normal temps....

one thing for sure, the Bahrain heat will be a good test for Merc and Co.

scarbs says using a fan to suck the air through. This would have to be considered a moveable aerodynamic device. I can't see how this would be legal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    scarbs says using a fan to suck the air through. This would have to be considered a moveable aerodynamic device. I can't see how this would be legal at all.
    it's merc we're talking about here mate.....the MIA as usual will turn a blind eye when it comes to them.....or better yet make it legal for this season enough for 2 chains to get his 8th and then BAN it in 2023.....

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Again, it’s all rumours. However, when there’s smoke there is always fire. This “no side pod” rumour, coupled with Brawn saying teams upgrades are not within the regulations leads me to believe it could be true. I’m curious to see how this all plays out and how the FIA turn the regulations around again to benefit Merc and Ham.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Since it's Mercedes, there are going to say like they did with the DAS to allow it only for this season. Giving them the time to develop are proper car.

This season better not be a Mercedes domination or these rule changes was a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Since it's Mercedes, there are going to say like they did with the DAS to allow it only for this season. Giving them the time to develop are proper car.

This season better not be a Mercedes domination or these rule changes was a waste of time.
    Exactly what I was thinking about. Like DAS, if Merc find a grey area innovation the FIA will let them run it, dominate and then ban it next year so no other team can benefit from it. Time will tell.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Exactly what I was thinking about. Like DAS, if Merc find a grey area innovation the FIA will let them run it, dominate and then ban it next year so no other team can benefit from it. Time will tell.
    but if it was Ferrari that came up with such thing, God forbid.....it would be deemed ILLEGAL no if's and's or but's......SAD, JUST SAD.....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    but if it was Ferrari that came up with such thing, God forbid.....it would be deemed ILLEGAL no if's and's or but's......SAD, JUST SAD.....
    Let’s see what happens in the coming days. Hoping it’s Ferrari with an Ace up their sleeve and that they blow away the competition come Q3.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Let’s see what happens in the coming days. Hoping it’s Ferrari with an Ace up their sleeve and that they blow away the competition come Q3.
    we can only dream of such a scenario mate....just a little over a week 'till Q3.....cannot wait

Must be clever people working for Mercs, innovations after innovations.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    In the beauty contest we are winning

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...L3eVdzYzx.html

I did like Williams too, more round nose I think.

Yep, if this is real I will be done with F1. This would mean that even after fighting till the end Mercedes would manage to outdevelop Ferrari, who had full year head start. So I really hope this is false news.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

We'll have to see if those zero side-pods can properly cool the engine.

Blown engines with the current regulations would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    We'll have to see if those zero side-pods can properly cool the engine.

Blown engines with the current regulations would be a disaster.
    After seeing Scarbs notes and renderings(quite a few of them), the no sidepod works.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    After seeing Scarbs notes and renderings(quite a few of them), the no sidepod works.
    My question is, where would Merc stuff and relocate all those radiators to keep teh car/engine cool if NO SIDEPODS????
    they woud have to put them/mount on top of engine which in essence would raise the COG which in F1 is a big NO, NO....

i hope it don't work for tehm and it blows in their face....LOL

My question is, where would Merc stuff and relocate all those radiators to keep teh car/engine cool if NO SIDEPODS????
    they woud have to put them/mount on top of engine which in essence would raise the COG which in F1 is a big NO, NO....

Radiators can be placed in various places-->the front wing or flushed alongside the bodywork.

The intake to cool the radiators can be underneath where the T-tray is located.

To extricate the heat can be at the back of the engine cover.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

The Cog should be even more important this year to make the floor work (see the curbs situation)
    For cooling, I've been wondering for some years how it could be beneficial for aero to use some body surface of the car for cooling (like human skin). The idea is to use the unavoidable losses (air friction) to reduce the whole aero losses by carrying out the cooling at the same time (realize 2 things in one)
    I can already see some saying ironically that I should have gone to Ferrari : I prefer to warn you right away : I don't care
    Last edited by Gilles; 9th March 2022 at 15:41.

No sidepods MB not really different from RBR. We have a different concept in which i am not confident due to our poor track record.