Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 263738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1568

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Well it's better than starting another season with the same slightly shambolic and unconvincing leadership, but Binotto did give us the F1-75 and I hope the work done towards the 2023 car will not have been in vain. Finding another leader in the shape of Todt/Horner/Wolff will be a real challenge.

There were also rumours that Simone Resta would return from Alfa Romeo to lead the technical department.

And let's not forget Rory Byrne is still there and was involved in the designing of the F1-75.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    There were also rumours that Simone Resta would return from Alfa Romeo to lead the technical department.

And let's not forget Rory Byrne is still there and was involved in the designing of the F1-75.
    Rory who gave us F2004, f2002…

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    Rory who gave us F2004, f2002…
    What does that have to do with the F1-75 to include TD039 that Ferrari couldn't bounce back...somewhat....even though the engine was turned down for literally the whole season.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well it's better than starting another season with the same slightly shambolic and unconvincing leadership, but Binotto did give us the F1-75 and I hope the work done towards the 2023 car will not have been in vain. Finding another leader in the shape of Todt/Horner/Wolff will be a real challenge.
    I'd like to think it'll mean some form of progress but then at the Scuderia, well, anybody's guess!

If anyone can jump from the frying pan into the fire, it's us*!

*Well, Ferrari..

:)
    Trying to be less angry..

Simone Resta can come back as technical director now, he did not get along with Binotto (we are not surprised)
    If he is not Newey, it presents the advantage of knowing well the technicians and also the concept of the car, which could well be renewed for 2023
    Also, it has already worked well with Byrne
    Send Rueda away, he is frankly very tired
    Very important: not to forget to catapult Marcos very far away, it is hilarious that Binotto protected this human catastrophe
    Finally, the Vasseur hypothese is not without interest, he knows how to be firm (he defends the independence of his team against Ferrari), and I imagine him to be protective for his men: the team must regain the pleasure of working together, without destructive pressure
    I figure if Marchione wanted it, he must have the right skill
    Marchione wasn’t a clown

Is Rory Byrne really there at Maranello working on next year's car or is that a myth? I mean can anyone factually confirm it? I know he worked on the F1-75 but haven't heard anything about him working on the 2023 car.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Is Rory Byrne really there at Maranello working on next year's car or is that a myth? I mean can anyone factually confirm it? I know he worked on the F1-75 but haven't heard anything about him working on the 2023 car.
    'Ferrari have extended the contract of advisor Rory Byrne for a further three years'

Articles were in April/March 2022.

https://racingnews365.com/ferrari-ex...of-design-team

https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/...ct,170055.html

'Ferrari have extended the contract of advisor Rory Byrne for a further three years'

Articles were in April/March 2022.

https://racingnews365.com/ferrari-ex...of-design-team

https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/...ct,170055.html
    Oh good. Thanks. At least that gives a crumb of comfort knowing that the car development isn't completely rudderless right now.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

F1 had absolutely no problem with Mercedes and Hamilton running away with nearly every race for 7 years. But now that another team is competitive it’s a problem. How stupid and fake can this sport get? They are actually thinking about slowing down the lead car to give the others a chance. What a complete joke….

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...-drs/10406751/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    F1 had absolutely no problem with Mercedes and Hamilton running away with nearly every race for 7 years. But now that another team is competitive it’s a problem. How stupid and fake can this sport get? They are actually thinking about slowing down the lead car to give the others a chance. What a complete joke….

This is just clown world. It's in the same idiotic line of thinking as a budget cap. To introduce equity and equality of outcome. The idea that Formula1 is a sport is already difficult to defend, this will make it impossible to do so.

Wow, just wow.

So Max dominates 1 season with 15 wins in a car that really was a pretty equal to Ferrari until mid season. In fact, Id say Ferrari had the best car for the first 6-8 races. FIA throw their arms up in an outrage how it's bad for the sport. Yet like you said, they allowed Mercedes and their golden boy Hamilton dominate for 7 years in a car that pretty much any clown could have dominated in.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Wow, just wow.

So Max dominates 1 season with 15 wins in a car that really was a pretty equal to Ferrari until mid season. In fact, Id say Ferrari had the best car for the first 6-8 races. FIA throw their arms up in an outrage how it's bad for the sport. Yet like you said, they allowed Mercedes and their golden boy Hamilton dominate for 7 years in a car that pretty much any clown could have dominated in.
    This is why I call him the "Affirmative Action Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    This is why I call him the "Affirmative Action Champion"
    Most privileged driver in F1 history when it comes to the quality of cars he has been given. Perhaps is also the only driver ever always by some miracle get a winning car even when it's a complete turd to start with.

2009 McLaren - went from a 15th place car to a winner. Included a 1 second gain in lap time in just a couple weeks.
    2013 Mercedes - car was junk, but improving 2010-2012, but once Lewis shows up its the 2nd best car.
    2014 Mercedes - what "luck" that he left McLaren, a race winning team to find himself in a car that cant lose on merit.
    2021 Mercedes - For 75% of the year, the Merc was pretty close with Red Bull. But when Lewis was all but out, the car becomes an unbeatable rocket once again. Just in time to save his championship. Still lost though.
    2022 Mercedes - New formula and a budget cap, yet Mercedes developed a lot, most which didn't make a huge difference. Then after Spa, the car can fight for wins and then becomes the fastest car in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    This is just clown world. It's in the same idiotic line of thinking as a budget cap. To introduce equity and equality of outcome. The idea that Formula1 is a sport is already difficult to defend, this will make it impossible to do so.
    Agreed, the sport, such as it is, is being turned into a circus all in the interest of improving the show and making it even more fake than it already is. I'll be out by then!

Brawn says it is something that could be done with active aero, not that they would do it. He is just explaining what they could be looking at for 2026 so I would not assume its anything much to worry about. Doubt teams would agree to such a thing in any case.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed, the sport, such as it is, is being turned into a circus all in the interest of improving the show and making it even more fake than it already is. I'll be out by then!
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Brawn says it is something that could be done with active aero, not that they would do it. He is just explaining what they could be looking at for 2026 so I would not assume its anything much to worry about. Doubt teams would agree to such a thing in any case.
    I agree that they are unlikely to introduce this. However, the fact that they discuss garbage like this shows how out of touch they are. Fans "we dont like sprints", F1 "ok, more sprints next year", fans "we dont like DRS" F1 "ok, more DRS zones"....etc, I can go on and on.

As others have mentioned, F1 has become a fake, scripted circus that appeases to the Netflix crowd.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I agree that they are unlikely to introduce this. However, the fact that they discuss garbage like this shows how out of touch they are. Fans "we dont like sprints", F1 "ok, more sprints next year", fans "we dont like DRS" F1 "ok, more DRS zones"....etc, I can go on and on.

As others have mentioned, F1 has become a fake, scripted circus that appeases to the Netflix crowd.

So, here are the top candidates for SFs TP:

- Christian Horner
    - Franz Tost
    - Andreas Seidl
    - Frederic Vasseur
    - Monisha Kaltenborn
    - Laurent Mekies
    - Jonathan Giacobazzi

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post

- Christian Horner
    - Franz Tost
    - Andreas Seidl
    - Frederic Vasseur
    - Monisha Kaltenborn
    - Laurent Mekies
    - Jonathan Giacobazzi
    You can rule out Horner, Seidl and definitely not Kaltenborn.

Vasseur is the likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You can rule out Horner, Seidl and definitely not Kaltenborn.

Vasseur is the likely candidate.

- Franz Tost
    - Frederic Vasseur
    - Laurent Mekies (Please no)
    - Jonathan Giacobazzi

Chinese GP 2023 is cancelled, Portugal possible to step in and replace otherwise there is a 4 week gap.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Chinese GP 2023 is cancelled, Portugal possible to step in and replace otherwise there is a 4 week gap.
    Hopefully Portimao (1st choice) or Sepang will be China's replacement.

- Franz Tost
    - Frederic Vasseur
    - Jonathan Giacobazzi
    Wonder if he will remain as Racing Director...

- Franz Tost
    - Frederic Vasseur
    - Jonathan Giacobazzi
    Think Tost has refused. I don't know anything about Giacobazzi. Please not Mekies it would be more of the same.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Think Tost has refused. I don't know anything about Giacobazzi. Please not Mekies it would be more of the same.
    Updated candidates for SFs TP:

- Frederic Vasseur
    - Jonathan Giacobazzi
    - Paul Hembrey (Pirelli)
    - Antonello Coletta

About Jonathan Giacobazzi: Heir to the well-known family that owns a winery – and whose father, Antonio, was a close collaborator of Enzo Ferrari and personal sponsor of Gilles Villeneuve -, the Italian “knows the team perfectly”, having been part of it in various roles since 2013 and until January 2019 as Executive Race Manager and has acted as a link between the racing team and Ferrari’s top management, so much so that he is described as a “close confidant of both John Elkann and Piero Ferrari”.

LINK: https://the-race.com/formula-1/one-o...boss-it-needs/

What do you guys think of "Gerhard Berger" as the SFs TP?

Audi is getting serious about it's 2026 entry.

https://twitter.com/autosport/status...903296/photo/1

Audi expands Competence Center Motorsport for its Formula 1 project.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...-project-15068

Billionaire Calvin Lo is looking at possibly expanding his investment in F1, adding that other Asian investors were also interested

“I wouldn’t be surprised if you hear some consortium in Asia investing into some teams”

Lo already has ties with Williams through Dorilton Capital

https://twitter.com/EngineMode11/sta...160128/photo/1