Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

The floor looks pretty interesting, seems to be quite a bit of channeling?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Looking at the cars so far … it’s gonna be good fight for the title this year.

Although no one show their real car at launch, judging by the latest leaks RB/Merc/Ferrari nailed it. I might be wrong come testing

The more I looked at it, the more I'd say it is not a conservative approach. The sidepods are extremely slim. They have a huge channel in the center of the wing, around the nose to let the tunnels gulp up good clean air. Perhaps even getting a benefit of a "Y250" vortex which proved vital in the previous generation cars. They really tried to maximize the coke bottle and there is a massive amount of floor exposed, allowing clean air to get to the beam wing and top of the diffuser, which should mean a greater pressure differential and thus more downforce. The front wing is very aggressive with a steep angle of attack which suggests downforce. I wouldn't be surprised if the car has a lot of drag, but because the Mercedes PU usually has a significant power advantage, then this likely won't be a problem.

This car scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Looking at the cars so far … it’s gonna be good fight for the title this year.

Although no one show their real car at launch, judging by the latest leaks RB/Merc/Ferrari nailed it. I might be wrong come testing
    Red Bull only launched the show care with the 2022 livery. I'd say we are yet to see if they nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    The more I looked at it, the more I'd say it is not a conservative approach. The sidepods are extremely slim. They have a huge channel in the center of the wing, around the nose to let the tunnels gulp up good clean air. Perhaps even getting a benefit of a "Y250" vortex which proved vital in the previous generation cars. They really tried to maximize the coke bottle and there is a massive amount of floor exposed, allowing clean air to get to the beam wing and top of the diffuser, which should mean a greater pressure differential and thus more downforce. The front wing is very aggressive with a steep angle of attack which suggests downforce. I wouldn't be surprised if the car has a lot of drag, but because the Mercedes PU usually has a significant power advantage, then this likely won't be a problem.

This car scares me.
    ITs 2 differrent ways of interpretation of the rules . I still say Merc has a more concervative approach BUT they execute it to the extreme !!! Ours is the most radical approatch with extreme solutions in many elements. For this Merc might be more logical to be quite fast but im not concern like we chose the same path but they did it better,like McLaren.Ours is a big question mark and so uniq and radical so nobody really knows how exactly and if it works !!! But if it will work like the team expect to, then i have the felling that in will be the best. I see that the team has a certainty like they have tried all the other solutions and found something special i this concept.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari know it works they have the data and apparently it is extremely positive.We can flog this topic until blue as fans we are limited to knowledge only press talk,We wait until race 1 then we start directing the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari know it works they have the data and apparently it is extremely positive.We can flog this topic until blue as fans we are limited to knowledge only press talk,We wait until race 1 then we start directing the issues.
    And press talk don't help, pre-season is so bs

RB seems to be not conservative
    Attachment 7944

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    RB seems to be not conservative
    Attachment 7944
    Hard to tell from the pic. I've seen a clearer pic of the RB18 inside the garage but there are crew all over the car building a shield to protect it from prying eyes. You can't see much. RedBull are being very secretive about their car.

We'll see a better picture come testing on the RB18 to include the rest of the field.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

The first on board shots from these new cars
    https://gp-videos.com/video-first-on...eorge-russell/

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I've seen a clearer pic of the RB18 inside the garage but there are crew all over the car building a shield to protect it from prying eyes.

RB going pullrod like Mclaren?
    Michael Schumacher - Love him, loathe him; he IS the greatest driver of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by redzone View Post
    So Bybit is now sponsoring Red Bull as well as Tezos.

Quite a lot of crypto advertising in F1 at the moment, such as FTX for Mercedes and crypto.com for F1.

The Ethereum Foundation has also been rumoured to have shown interest in sponsoring an F1 team.

Gotta love mother nature in certain instances in F1.

One of those instances is a slight rain or drizzle on the track. During the W13 shakedown (along with the FW44), you could see the turbulence right before the rear wheel caused by the floor. It was quite interesting. Now look at the vortices underneath the front wing of the W13 during its wet shakedown in slow motion. Very interesting how the aero works underneath the front portion of the car.

https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/1...C4peSi2b8pAAAA

High humidity is another reason to see how the aero works on an F1 car.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Gotta love mother nature in certain instances in F1.

One of those instances is a slight rain or drizzle on the track. During the W13 shakedown (along with the FW44), you could see the turbulence right before the rear wheel caused by the floor. It was quite interesting. Now look at the vortices underneath the front wing of the W13 during its wet shakedown in slow motion. Very interesting how the aero works underneath the front portion of the car.

https://twitter.com/f1talks/status/1...C4peSi2b8pAAAA

High humidity is another reason to see how the aero works on an F1 car.
    What I found more interesting was this post slightly below on that tweet... Is this what Redbull is trying to hide? Is it legal?

IMG_20220219_230415.jpg

yep, that's the pic.

Yeah, pullrod up front and pushrod in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    So Bybit is now sponsoring Red Bull as well as Tezos.

Quite a lot of crypto advertising in F1 at the moment, such as FTX for Mercedes and crypto.com for F1.

The Ethereum Foundation has also been rumoured to have shown interest in sponsoring an F1 team.
    Yep, alot of crypto advertising and sponsorship in the teams and in F1 currently

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    What I found more interesting was this post slightly below on that tweet... Is this what Redbull is trying to hide? Is it legal?

IMG_20220219_230415.jpg
    Probably so...I really don't know.....but it is legal.... like a massive T-wing aft on the engine cover.

It seems Michael Andretti wants to start an F1 team from scratch.......he is eyeing 2024. Michael Andretti has already submitted to the FIA for approval.

There are several articles on this issue. Standby as further progress will come to light in the year or 2.

Good luck.

btw, this is his second attempt at entering F1.

Is it possible? Singles arms suspension or my eyes are bad?
    Last edited by Gilles; 20th February 2022 at 18:52.

Just got back from an RB18 forum, yes the pic shows something innovative on the suspension arms

HAAS hits the track for its filming session at Catalunya.

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/statu...82741177827330

Oh look, vertical cooling louvers on the HAAS car. HAAS has sidepods like the Ferrari F1-75.

More still pics of the HAAS VF-22

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...946179/photo/3

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...946179/photo/1

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...946179/photo/2

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...175616/photo/1
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 21st February 2022 at 08:37.

The real HAAS is nothing like the launch car. I guess the launch car was nothing more than a fake rendering.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...911491/photo/1

Side pods are completely different. Much larger radiator inlets. Front wing is flatter like the Ferrari's. Air intake has the horns like Ferrari. Rear wing is like Ferrari's. A couple of interesting fins on the sidepods near the drivers head.

The Haas looks like it will able to race tomorrow, if there were to be a race tomorrow. It looks to be complete, the most detailed car we've seen so far. But that's to be expected, since testing is less that 48 hours away.

Can't wait to see the real F1-75.

Alpine F1 2022 Car Launch - LIVE Countdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxoaKLiGBc

Drivers itinerary so far during Catalunya testing.....updates coming soon.

https://twitter.com/JunaidSamodien_/...684035/photo/1

The pink Force India is back

New Alpine looks the least impressive so far. I like the front wing though. It has a low design like Ferrari, this seems to be a popular idea now that the real cars are coming out. What is unique is Alpine is the only team so far to heavily load the outboard section with an aggressive kick up. I am not sure this is really for downforce rather than trying to steer the air up and outwards over the front tire. It's definitely different than the usual low out wash strategy.

The front of the side pods have an aggressive slope down, much like Ferrari, which is supposed to give some high pressure on the front of the floor. Not a ton of undercut after that. Also not much coke bottle effect. It has a lot of similarities to the AlphaTauri, just with a much bulkier sidepod. The louvers look very simplistic. Very big air intake which suggests this intake is for the engine and likely the intercooler as well. Maybe even other coolers. The radiator intakes are very thin and a bit wide. The rear wing is the only one to be flat all the way across. Not the huge V shape like most have launched. Will this be more true to the real wings or is it just a dummy?

Also very little talk about Otmar going to Apline and I guess BWT went with him.