Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363748 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Good point Lapo - I'm not a moderator but politics and insulting/dirty language has always been unwelcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Good point Lapo - I'm not a moderator but politics and insulting/dirty language has always been unwelcome here.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Lapo View Post
    I thought this forum was about SF? Politics are a bore. Shall we trot out all the heinous acts the US government has devised over the last 100 years?
    I was asked a question. I answered it.

If you can’t deal with truth, I can’t help you.

Posts have been deleted. Keep on subject.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    South African here A race at Kyalami would be amazing! We have a huge following for racing in general and I can guarantee you it would be a sold-out event year after year. As mentioned by Riccardog, yes we have a lot of corruption, we have load shedding etc, but that hasn't stopped F1 from going to tracks that in my eyes have much worse human right issues than South Africa. It would be great for our country's tourism, great for morale, and overall would be great for South Africa as a whole. I'd even say a street race in Cape Town, which is run by the opposition party might be more appealing to some, but I can't tell you how amazing it would be to see my home country host an F1 GP again... everyone loves a good comeback story and i cant imagine a better track thn Kyalami!!

I'm South African too, I do not have an issue with a RSA F1 GP per se..., I have HUGE concerns of the mouth whence the wish comes from..... lh.
    He refuses to adhere to rules and regs as they stand, he's been vociferous about not removing his 'jewellery' and other.... what's his game? what he says goes and £$%k the rules?
    That is my issue, as well as the RSA government ignoring the issues at hand, but willing to spend millions on one race?

Ferrari to take part in Pirelli’s 2023 tyre development test program on april 27, at Imola
    Their second testing day will be June 24, on the Mugello track

As expected, Helmut Marko said RB will not bring big updates to Imola. Small things only, as some weight reduction.

Weight reduction huh? Does that mean he'll be less overbearing too?

Weight reduction huh? Does that mean he'll be less overbearing too?
    Helmut? No, impossible

I remember around 2000 the main concern about bringing Kyalami back was that the neighbourhood it was located in had rampant criminality and that teams and spectators would be at risk. While Interlagos is the same, there surely needs to be some kind of solution to get the teams safely in and out of the circuit premises.

As for the championship 'needing' an African race I don't mind either way. Kyalami is the natural home of Grand Prix racing on the African continent, but with the way South Africa is going with the desperate poverty I tend to think a race in Morocco would be a better idea. They already had a 4.5 km street circuit for the WTCC in Marrakesh for example which is the cultural centre of Morocco.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circui..._Marrakech.svg
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 24th April 2022 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I remember around 2000 the main concern about bringing Kyalami back was that the neighbourhood it was located in had rampant criminality and that teams and spectators would be at risk. While Interlagos is the same, there surely needs to be some kind of solution to get the teams safely in and out of the circuit premises.
    Brazil--> the teams hired private security to help with the "in-and-out" of the circuit.

IF Kyalami heads that way, I'm sure the teams would hire private security.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

3 frogs now croaking to FIA about Ferrari+Haas relationship?
    The loudest one is Otmar. This is the guy that copied a Merc and thought it was ok. Now he has issues with people sharing facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    The loudest one is Otmar. This is the guy that copied a Merc and thought it was ok. Now he has issues with people sharing facilities.
    Right
    I forgot to include him in my list of hypocrites in F1

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

As for the championship 'needing' an African race I don't mind either way. Kyalami is the natural home of Grand Prix racing on the African continent, but with the way South Africa is going with the despeate poverty I tend to think a race in Morocco would be a better idea. They already had a 4.5 km street circuit for the WTCC in Marrakesh for example which is the cultural centre of Morocco.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circui..._Marrakech.svg
    AND we had a South African World Champion - Jody Scheckter!

Whilst RSA is a dump vis-a-vis law and order, F1 in North Africa could be a tempting target for our bearded loony friends..
    Trying to be less angry..

If Indy decides to rejoin F-1 in the USA that will be 4 races!!!

https://racingnews365.com/marko-doub...-bulls-updates

Marko doubts Ferrari will be able to respond to Red Bull's updates

Marko at it again spewing his usual garbage. Let’s hope Ferrari shut him up in Miami!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://racingnews365.com/marko-doub...-bulls-updates

Marko doubts Ferrari will be able to respond to Red Bull's updates

Marko at it again spewing his usual garbage. Let’s hope Ferrari shut him up in Miami!
    And last week he was saying that we are better then them it it would be hard to catch us. His talks mean nothing good or bad
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

If you read the article and any quotes by Marko...I have no idea how they came to the conclusion to create that article title
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    If you read the article and any quotes by Marko...I have no idea how they came to the conclusion to create that article title
    When asked if Ferrari will be able to keep up with Red Bull's rate of evolution, with more upgrades expected over the coming races, Marko said: "I don't think so.

"What we also saw is that we put real pressure on them and they're making mistakes. You could see that Leclerc span on Friday, twice. [Carlos] Sainz spun [in the race], then Leclerc again."
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

When asked if Ferrari will be able to keep up with Red Bull's rate of evolution, with more upgrades expected over the coming races, Marko said: "I don't think so.

"What we also saw is that we put real pressure on them and they're making mistakes. You could see that Leclerc span on Friday, twice. [Carlos] Sainz spun [in the race], then Leclerc again."
    He clearly wants to play with our(teams) psychology . He wants to put more pressure to us now that he saw that we(team and drivers) didn't had a good weekend. He saw that we made mistakes that's why he say such things
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I don't think his doctor can keep up with prescribing his medication either...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Obersturmbanfeurer Helmet and Christain Ornery are already cranking up the usual guff they contrive
    so it's time for me to start ignoring whatever they say........

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    And last week he was saying that we are better then them it it would be hard to catch us. His talks mean nothing good or bad
    Old fart suffering from dementia

Tbh going by past results you can't blame him for thinking this way. RB were the ones who beat Merc, not something we could do. Also, our past records of starting strong and fading is very common.

What have we done in 4 races? Nothing!

RB already solved their proposing from race 1 and we cant
    They bring updates at regularly and their car is now better than ours. It only took 4 races to close the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharles View Post
    Tbh going by past results you can't blame him for thinking this way. RB were the ones who beat Merc, not something we could do. Also, our past records of starting strong and fading is very common.

They bring updates at regularly and their car is now better than ours. It only took 4 races to close the gap.
    Merc still won WCC....try again.
    Forza Ferrari

Of all the players in F1, I find Marko the most annoying.

I wish Binnoto had someone who could dish out the mind-games and insults whenever needed.

Obersturmbanfeurer Helmet and Christain Ornery are already cranking up the usual guff they contrive
    so it's time for me to start ignoring whatever they say........
    I always felt the same way about Tenente Colonnello Ros Brawn !

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Of all the players in F1, I find Marko the most annoying.

I wish Binnoto had someone who could dish out the mind-games and insults whenever needed.
    I agree, both him and Toto are pains in the derriere, I'd rather Binotto didn't stoop to their level with cheap shots. Unless with a fire-arm!

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharles View Post

Absolutely right. Why would Ferrari even bother to bring updates to the car now? It's probably as good as it's going to get. With how great Red Bull is at developing and we've already done 4 races, might be impossible to catch them. I'm definitely going to hang on Marko's every word and when he says that we have no chance... then... sigh... he must be right. I think I'll personally forward your post to Binotto just so he's not wasting his time on crappy updates that won't help us. I think he's going to be disappointed.
    Go Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Absolutely right. Why would Ferrari even bother to bring updates to the car now? It's probably as good as it's going to get. With how great Red Bull is at developing and we've already done 4 races, might be impossible to catch them. I'm definitely going to hang on Marko's every word and when he says that we have no chance... then... sigh... he must be right. I think I'll personally forward your post to Binotto just so he's not wasting his time on crappy updates that won't help us. I think he's going to be disappointed.
    Go Red Bull.

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!