Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 102122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1568

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Definitely. That is the point most of us are making here, including myself. He must not be lost.

But he has to fix the strategy system/department.
    +1
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    He should be responsible for development of the car and delegate to someone else to manage the race day/pitwall aspects.
    Yes. Binotto has done a good job rebuilding the technical department, but he has no idea how to do race engineering and politics.

The strategy has been questionable for years, but this year is the worst in Ferrari history. Maybe of any high profile team. It needs a total restructuring over the winter, or else Ferrari aren't serious about winning titles anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    You do not lose a talent like Binotto, that is the exact definition of mismanagement. The man is brilliant... you keep him happy and find ways to support him. He was open to bringing Todt back, why did Elkann choose not to do this? I think there is a lot of oversimplification going on here...
    I also said that; I don't want him gone; however I do believe he needs to tend to the technical matters and not as a TP.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Yes. Binotto has done a good job rebuilding the technical department, but he has no idea how to do race engineering and politics.

The strategy has been questionable for years, but this year is the worst in Ferrari history. Maybe of any high profile team. It needs a total restructuring over the winter, or else Ferrari aren't serious about winning titles anymore.
    Oh trust me; there have been worse calls than the ones you've seen. lol
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

hi guys, can someone explain how I can add an image to the threads? every time I try my image exceeds quota, bit the image is smaller than a postage stamp size? size of 4,35 kb? how small must it be?

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I also said that; I don't want him gone; however I do believe he needs to tend to the technical matters and not as a TP.
    I think if you reduce his role, he will simply leave on his own. There is a simple fix for that, you bring in the required person in a consultant role only.

I think if you reduce his role, he will simply leave on his own. There is a simple fix for that, you bring in the required person in a consultant role only.
    Is Brawn available?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Flavio !!

Binotto is a valuable asset in the technical and development department. He is a gentleman articulated and very intelligent. Iam sure that other team principles will support this view 100%.There is one thing missing and that is having some mongrol in you some rough edges and an aggression that can be loud and demonstrated when required almost ruthless.The pitwall has no room for intelligent articulated softly spoken nice guys.

so Ferrari will have an engine upgrade in SPA.....we;ll see how much of a boost that will give us in terms of laptime....

it's only on the ERS side....haven't heard anything about the ICE if they made any changes to the realiabilty issues.....and if they did it will surely mean GRID penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Is Brawn available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Flavio !!
    Hehehe, he'd definitely make a difference :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Is Brawn available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Flavio !!
    That could also work!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so Ferrari will have an engine upgrade in SPA.....we;ll see how much of a boost that will give us in terms of laptime....

it's only on the ERS side....haven't heard anything about the ICE if they made any changes to the realiabilty issues.....and if they did it will surely mean GRID penalties
    I think all manufacturers will bring updates, it's their last chance before the freeze.

That's the best idea yet!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

If I am not mistaken, the reliability updates don't come with penalties.

Then let him leave. If Ferrari fall to 3rd in the WCC with the kind of car they have, he fully owns that, and is lucky if he's allowed to keep a position at Ferrari.

An idiot took an old GP2 car on a highway joyride in the Czech Republic.

https://twitter.com/EngineMode11/sta...C8qa6z7aErAAAA
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

It happened for the second time. First time he got a fine for it, but he escaped it due to an impossible identification. Basically helmet saved him. So he probably did it again now. The weird thing is that I actually don't have a problem with it. Sure, it's a car that's not homologated for roads, but he seemed to driving safely and it was surely fun for others to look at. It would make my day seeing a GP2 car overtaking me. And when I look at all those crazy things that were/are allowed on road in US, this is nothing.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

+1

Why is he an idiot? Assuming he didn't steal the car, who cares. He's having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It happened for the second time. First time he got a fine for it, but he escaped it due to an impossible identification. Basically helmet saved him. So he probably did it again now. The weird thing is that I actually don't have a problem with it. Sure, it's a car that's not homologated for roads, but he seemed to driving safely and it was surely fun for others to look at. It would make my day seeing a GP2 car overtaking me. And when I look at all those crazy things that were/are allowed on road in US, this is nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Why is he an idiot? Assuming he didn't steal the car, who cares. He's having fun.
    It's illegal. Get it on a track where it belongs. He's gotten away with it for now but eventually he'll get caught. He's lucky he hasn't called an accident.....until then....it's "cool" for now.

The car is not street legal. I am stunned we need to even discuss this.

It's illegal. Get it on a track where it belongs. He's gotten away with it for now but eventually he'll get caught. He's lucky he hasn't called an accident.....until then....it's "cool" for now.
    The same as it's illegal to go over 130km/h on our highways but 90% of people are going faster. So yeah, it's illegal, but if you want to call someone an idiot for this, you should call idiots almost everyone on the road. And I bet you are breaking the speed limit law sometimes too. He should be fined, that's it.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

The same as it's illegal to go over 130km/h on our highways but 90% of people are going faster. So yeah, it's illegal, but if you want to call someone an idiot for this, you should call idiots almost everyone on the road. And I bet you are breaking the speed limit law sometimes too. He should be fined, that's it.
    Driving over the speed limit deserves a fine of which I have paid myself......I'm okay with that.....I got caught.

Driving an illegal car that doesn't meet production car standards from a car manufacturer deserves to be impounded. Alot of collectors own F1, F2, LMP1, GT Pro, GT AM cars whether past or present and they don't take them on public roads to "show-off".......they take them to a closed circuit course or track to race them as responsible collectors do.

The car is not street legal. I am stunned we need to even discuss this.
    So what?

I drive my "race car" on the street all the time. Technically not street legal either. No emissions controls, caged, no airbags, race harness, solid roller 347cid with a monster cam, on slicks and skinnies, loud AF. Who cares? Guy's out there enjoying himself. Good on him.

You act like you've never exceeded the speed limit etc.

Driving over the speed limit deserves a fine of which I have paid myself......I'm okay with that.....I got caught.

Driving an illegal car that doesn't meet production car standards from a car manufacturer deserves to be impounded. Alot of collectors own F1, F2, LMP1, GT Pro, GT AM cars whether past or present and they don't take them on public roads to "show-off".......they take them to a closed circuit course or track to race them as responsible collectors do.
    Dude... you're in Texas, you know how many modified cars are running around there with 2,000+ HP doing 60-200mph pulls on the highways? Come on. That is not the Texan attitude.

Dude... you're in Texas, you know how many modified cars are running around there with 2,000+ HP doing 60-200mph pulls on the highways? Come on. That is not the Texan attitude.
    I know......but your comparing apples to oranges.

Hennessy is 4 hours away from me in between San Antonio and Houston off of highway 90 AND there's a toll road between San Marco's and Austin that's 85 plus mph.

I know......but your comparing apples to oranges.

Hennessy is 4 hours away from me in between San Antonio and Houston off of highway 90 AND there's a toll road between San Marco's and Austin that's 85 plus mph.
    Not really. This guys is just cruising at traffic speed. Who cares that the car "is not street legal"

Im not even talking about Hennessy, that's child's play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRvO...nnel=1320video

Google street legal cars if you don't know what that is.
    In order to get a car in the street , you need it to be street legal.
    Then you can deal with things like speed limits. Jesus.

So what?

I drive my "race car" on the street all the time. Technically not street legal either. No emissions controls, caged, no airbags, race harness, solid roller 347cid with a monster cam, on slicks and skinnies, loud AF. Who cares? Guy's out there enjoying himself. Good on him.

You act like you've never exceeded the speed limit etc.
    You refer to two different things. I don't know if you do it on purpose or you lack knowledge.
    Actually I don't know which is worse.

Google street legal cars if you don't know what that is.
    In order to get a car in the street , you need it to be street legal.
    Then you can deal with things like speed limits. Jesus.
    No you don't lol. There are countless non-street-legal cars on the street every day, including mine (though not every day) and they are a joy to drive!

You refer to two different things. I don't know if you do it on purpose or you lack knowledge.
    Actually I don't know which is worse.
    How are they different? Breaking the speed limit is "illegal" driving a car on the street which is not "street legal" is "illegal". The only real difference is you are somehow okay with one and not the other because one suits you and the other does not.