Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why would talent not want to move to top teams? budget cap won't stop that.
    Why are they top teams? For the most part. Money. Williams once was a top team, but their budget dwindled away, the good drivers, designers, and technicians left to the teams that could pay.

It'd just be nice all the teams in F1 had a better chance of success, and not just a stepping stone for drivers to move to one of three or four bigger teams. The way it is now the smaller teams can never develop a car around a great driver because that driver is likely gone in a couple years and it's back to some rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Why are they top teams? For the most part. Money. Williams once was a top team, but their budget dwindled away, the good drivers, designers, and technicians left to the teams that could pay.

It'd just be nice all the teams in F1 had a better chance of success, and not just a stepping stone for drivers to move to one of three or four bigger teams. The way it is now the smaller teams can never develop a car around a great driver because that driver is likely gone in a couple years and it's back to some rookie.
    So you want the NFL or NHL? no thanks.....
    Forza Ferrari

So you want the NFL or NHL? no thanks.....
    How many competitive teams are in the NHL? Every year 16 teams have a chance of winning the cup, even more when you look at the battles just to get into the playoffs.

How many teams have had a chance to win the F1 championship in the last 8 years?

How many competitive teams are in the NHL? Every year 16 teams have a chance of winning the cup, even more when you look at the battles just to get into the playoffs.

How many teams have had a chance to win the F1 championship in the last 8 years?
    16 teams have a chance to make the playoffs, but only 8 are really competitive…8 out of 32 teams have a chance to win. Normally in F1 2-3 have a chance to win out of 10. Pretty much the same odds, only difference is the last 8 years of Merc corruption has skewed the odds.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Leafs are still waiting.....so can't be that great to manufacture different winners
    Forza Ferrari

Leafs are still waiting.....so can't be that great to manufacture different winners
    I know your making fun of me, but I don’t care. I still believe that Hamilton is trash and a fake champion.

As far as the leafs are concerned, this years our year! I’ve said that every year for the last 5 years lol. Same with Roma! It’s hard for me to be a sports fan… AS Roma, Toronto Maple Leafs and Ferrari lol. At least Italy took the Euros!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    16 teams have a chance to make the playoffs, but only 8 are really competitive…8 out of 32 teams have a chance to win. Normally in F1 2-3 have a chance to win out of 10. Pretty much the same odds, only difference is the last 8 years of Merc corruption has skewed the odds.
    Between 2014 and 2021 the NHL has seen 6 different cup winners, plus 7 additional teams made it to he finals. In that same 8 year span Mercedes has won 8 championships, with only Red Bull having a shot going into the 2-3 races of the season.

If the NHL was as competitive as F1 has been, we would see 8 years of one team having the best record (by a lot, 60+ wins), winning every championship with only Red Bull going to a game 6 or 7 in 2021. How exciting would that be?

I sure hope 2022 is better, and my point is I just want to see a more competitive championship where each year it's not the same story from top to bottom.

Thank goodness! But that's the point. NHL's salary cap has brought a much more competitive league. Not much manufacturing of a champion in the NHL. Same can't be said about F1.

It’s hard for me to be a sports fan
    I know what you mean amigo. 2008 was the last time a team of mine has won. (Ferrari WCC) and that was still bitter sweet because Massa lost on the last corner.

1998 for NBA
    1995 for NFL
    1993 for MLB
    never for NHL

My second favorite teams have had some success though haha.

I know your making fun of me, but I don’t care. I still believe that Hamilton is trash and a fake champion.

As far as the leafs are concerned, this years our year! I’ve said that every year for the last 5 years lol. Same with Roma! It’s hard for me to be a sports fan… AS Roma, Toronto Maple Leafs and Ferrari lol. At least Italy took the Euros!
    Why am I making fun of you and it has nothing to do with Lewis stop letting him consume your every post on here.

I follow NHL and Leafs are my team....I have no idea what teams you follow....
    Forza Ferrari

In the beauty contest we are winning

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...L3eVdzYzx.html

Grande! Forza Roma, Forza Ferrari!

Go Leafs!! But I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing a Cup any time soon. Hope I'm wrong.

Formula One terminates Russian Grand Prix contract

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...-prix-contract

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Go Leafs!! But I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing a Cup any time soon. Hope I'm wrong.
    Acclaimed F1 car designer Rory Byrne signs contract extension with Ferrari
    https://scuderiafans.com/acclaimed-f...-with-ferrari/
    ‘Ferrari working harder than ever and keeping our heads down’ – Charles Leclerc
    https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-wor...arles-leclerc/

Why am I making fun of you and it has nothing to do with Lewis stop letting him consume your every post on here.

I follow NHL and Leafs are my team....I have no idea what teams you follow....
    Go Habs Go!!

Ok well maybe not this year
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Formula One terminates Russian Grand Prix contract

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...-prix-contract
    Good for them. Hopefully as long as Putin is in power, they stay away. Unfortunately, lets be honest, shall we now expect another middle eastern race since they pay the most? F1 will ignore all the human rights issues when they pay $50 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Acclaimed F1 car designer Rory Byrne signs contract extension with Ferrari
    https://scuderiafans.com/acclaimed-f...-with-ferrari/
    ‘Ferrari working harder than ever and keeping our heads down’ – Charles Leclerc
    https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-wor...arles-leclerc/
    Very good news. I still say Rory is just as good as Adrien Newey. Perhaps even better, at least at times he is.

HAAS update:

Mazepin is gone. Fittipaldi signs with HAAS for 2022 with Schumacher. Fittipaldi will test in Bahrain.

source: SkySports Germany
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    HAAS update:

Mazepin is gone. Fittipaldi signs with HAAS for 2022 with Schumacher. Fittipaldi will test in Bahrain.

source: SkySports Germany
    Makes sense. No point keeping the worst driver on the grid if the team isn't getting his dad's money. Not sure Fittipaldi will perform much better. He hasn't impressed me in the little leagues and really is only driving off the backbone of his name.

My memory is a little foggy, wasn't it Mazepin that crashed that led to Hamilton losing the title?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    My memory is a little foggy, wasn't it Mazepin that crashed that led to Hamilton losing the title?
    Latifi

Ferrari expects Mercedes to bring a “big upgrade” for Bahrain test
    https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-exp...-bahrain-test/

Alfa Romeo C42 bottom is super light but too soft
    https://www.formu1a.uno/il-fondo-del...po-flessibile/

So mercedes and the whyning wolf will show there true speed at Bahrain test,is that type of statement suppost to send fear into the eyes of other teams.I think not mercedes are the the team that left first round of testing in poor shape and returned to there factory in panic mode.Hamiltons fastest lap was set on the c4 soft tyre I believe nothing special.My feeling mercedes will still have issues after Bahrain testing .

F1 | Minimum weight for 2022 cars to be increased only by three kg – report
    https://scuderiafans.com/f1-minimum-...ree-kg-report/

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    F1 | Minimum weight for 2022 cars to be increased only by three kg – report
    https://scuderiafans.com/f1-minimum-...ree-kg-report/
    These 2022 cars are overweight IMO. 2022 cars weigh from 790kg to 805kg. In 2014, they weighed 690kg.

And they are too big as well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    So mercedes and the whyning wolf will show there true speed at Bahrain test,is that type of statement suppost to send fear into the eyes of other teams.I think not mercedes are the the team that left first round of testing in poor shape and returned to there factory in panic mode.Hamiltons fastest lap was set on the c4 soft tyre I believe nothing special.My feeling mercedes will still have issues after Bahrain testing .
    Might have something there. Even Hamilton is going out of his way to support Merc, saying they don't make mistakes and that he trusts his team to give him a fast car. It seems a little of the arrogance has vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Might have something there. Even Hamilton is going out of his way to support Merc, saying they don't make mistakes and that he trusts his team to give him a fast car. It seems a little of the arrogance has vanished.
    Yes
    And for whoever thinks my opinion is exaggerated, do you remember how superior the Mercedes engine was in 2014 (cheat of the decade), with years of anticipated engineering and that, despite they were hiding their true power to not been suspected, while pointing Ferrari as favorite every pre-season? I found back the pic tweeted by Mercedes during winter 2015, taken right at the factory doors : Enjoy!

Attachment 7979