Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 132425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1568

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

He says that if Red Bull overspent last year, it could carry benefits through this year and into 2023.

"The crucial part is that if you've been over in 2021, then you've been over in '22," he said. "That means you have an advantage in '23.

"If it's true that they've [Red Bull] homologated the lightweight chassis this year, they may use it next year. So it's a really a cascade of events that can be influential in all of the three championships."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...-cap/10376990/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Another article…

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bu...p-2021-rumour/

That’s why Ferrari are also smarting as the extra money would also have allowed Red Bull to spend more on R&D for this season, the Milton Keynes squad on course to defeat Ferrari in both championships.

“Under this assumption, the additional money not only flowed into the 2021 car, but also into the development of the 2022 model,” he added, “which would explain why Red Bull had such a strong start to the season despite allegedly being the last team to switch.

“So anyone who breaks the budget would have a double win. In the current fiscal year and thereafter.”
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

i dont' think red bull gives two about the budget cap....it's hard to police it and that's why THEY DO IT.....no one will do anything about it....so binnoto and Co. should do the same and stop being a spineless jelly fish that he is

Paddok rumours from a Mercedes engineer's nan report that Red Bull racing are allegedly running a "grey area" biological power unit that runs on hamsters

The FIA are set to outlaw it in an upcoming meeting of the world Motorsports council

According to @ZS_Racing and @motorsportcomtr…

Red Bull have been fined 7.5m euros and given less wind tunnel time due to exceeding the budget cap.

F1 comedy continues

we should have exceeded the budget cap. there is no harsh sanction

What a staggering stat…. Only 4 wins from 17 poles. So sad.

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...263835648?s=21
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

The only cure is NO let him pass!

Red Bull has admitted that it has interpreted the Financial Regulation differently from the FIA. There are 6 cost items they are discussing. Some could save Red Bull from a major sentence. Certificates of conformity tomorrow.

@CorriereF1

Read rumour that Red Bull are 1 million over.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Red Bull has admitted that it has interpreted the Financial Regulation differently from the FIA. There are 6 cost items they are discussing. Some could save Red Bull from a major sentence. Certificates of conformity tomorrow.

@CorriereF1
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    First it was 5 million, then 10, now 1. First Horner denies it and threatens legal action, now he admits it but at the cause of a misinterpretation of the rules. Slap on the wrist from the FIA is likely the outcome. 2 drivers titles and a constructor title with the strong potential for a threepeat next season…I’d say the “misinterpretation” was worth it.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Nope. It’s more than that.
    Christian Horner says they have interpreted FIA rules differently (where certain costs are not excluded).

In 2018 Mercedes put down about 5% of the extra budget to beat Ferrari. In # F1 whoever puts the most resources almost always wins so we expect clarity from tomorrow. With BC, every $ makes an important difference. If 5M $ before were <1% today they are worth 4%

@Giuliano Duchessa

Nope. It’s more than that.
    Christian Horner says they have interpreted FIA rules differently (where certain costs are not excluded).
    How much is it then?
    Forza Ferrari

Wow, one million??? That is nothing
    I was expecting something like 20+ over

How much is it then?
    6.5 million over, if the RB-Honda power train technology (RBPT) is included.
    RB defends that should be excluded as we interpreted rules in a diff way with a loophole. Even if this is excluded they are 1 million over.

6.5 million over, if the RB-Honda power train technology (RBPT) is included.
    RB defends that should be excluded as we interpreted rules in a diff way with a loophole. Even if this is excluded they are 1 million over.
    There is document circulating on Twitter that says 12 million but adjusted to $150,000 because of redbulls appeal. Don’t know how true that is; it’s likely a fake.

Its been said before, Ferrari should have been developing under the next hyper car, or under their new Lemans challenger. Seems RedBull will get away with this as expected.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Who was expecting anything different from RedBulls***'s Ornery?

The FIA has delayed the release until Monday. Giving RedBull more time to come up with excuses and send cheques I guess.

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...141539328?s=21
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I hope Ferrari spends more money on accountants and lawyers to exploit grey areas in this case. The FIA and F1 are the exact opposite of transparent...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    The FIA has delayed the release until Monday. Giving RedBull more time to come up with excuses and send cheques I guess.

What if they strip the title from Max and give it to Lewis? You will explode
    Forza Ferrari

What if they strip the title from Max and give it to Lewis? You will explode
    I definitely will! Lol.

I don’t think they would do that though, if they get a punishment it will likely be for this year or next. But I still doubt anything will happen if they are found guilty.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

GOTTA pay the piper.....LMAO

mind you, i don't really want red fools and max to be stripped of the WDC because of this outcome....WHY one may ask???

because that would mean that HAMSTER will have 8 WDC adn surpass the REAL GOAT....Michael Schumacher.....which would be a big NO, NO....cause then we wouldn't hear the end of teh SKY loser comentators such as crofty, blunder, krapitz and the rest of them praising SIR loser hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    GOTTA pay the piper.....LMAO

mind you, i don't really want red fools and max to be stripped of the WDC because of this outcome....WHY one may ask???

because that would mean that HAMSTER will have 8 WDC adn surpass the REAL GOAT....Michael Schumacher.....which would be a big NO, NO....cause then we wouldn't hear the end of teh SKY loser comentators such as crofty, blunder, krapitz and the rest of them praising SIR loser hamilton
    Some interesting ethics you have. “Because I don’t want to see the outcome, cheaters should allowed to keep their championship.”

the amazing and very disturbing fact for me is that F1.com has ZERO article on the budget cap saga, what is the point of a formula one site that does not give news of such magnitude?

Actually I believe an agreement (under the table) will be drafted. Sure, they won't be "punished" but next year they will be snail slow.
    They won't be able to race to the front for the next two years (at least).

This will give them the opportunity to save face per se and of course this will give the chance Ferrari (and Merc, albeit I doubt they will be able to challenge Ferrari if they can do their job) to do what they should.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    Some interesting ethics you have. “Because I don’t want to see the outcome, cheaters should allowed to keep their championship.”
    And what about Merc spicy engine or Silverstone and how that was handled ? (not really)?
    To me Merc, or Hamster should not be in position to be champions either. They fought a very dirty championship.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I'll be honest here and no I'm not a RBR fan and never will be, but I hope they've not broken the rules, The thought of Ham being given the 2021 title just makes me want to vomit.

So for the reason alone, I hope they're proved innocent. (unless they can rig it so Max keeps the 2021 title and Charles gets 2022? lol)

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    But why should a driver suffer consequences in getting stripped of the championship if the upper management team did all the naughty stuff?? They should penalize the team with a hefty fine OR strip them of the WCC points

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Actually I believe an agreement (under the table) will be drafted. Sure, they won't be "punished" but next year they will be snail slow.
    They won't be able to race to the front for the next two years (at least).

This will give them the opportunity to save face per se and of course this will give the chance Ferrari (and Merc, albeit I doubt they will be able to challenge Ferrari if they can do their job) to do what they should.
    Kind of like how Ferrari was after the 2019 engine saga/fuel flow meter thing...they didn’t declare US cheaters in the open, but we suffered for the next 2 years being SNAIL SLOW