Thread: After Party Mode, it's Spicy Engine!!!

After Party Mode, it's Spicy Engine!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fw3rXHwn2A

It did played put very well for the Mercedes. I am assuming there would have been more power if Merc chose to deploy that update for the later two races. While it does has its limitations, it does makes sense to have such an Engine mode when you have to battle against the entire grid from the back.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fw3rXHwn2A

It did played put very well for the Mercedes. I am assuming there would have been more power if Merc chose to deploy that update for the later two races. While it does has its limitations, it does makes sense to have such an Engine mode when you have to battle against the entire grid from the back.
    yep, it certainly helps to have such a "weapon" in use for the last 2 to 3 races. Lewis went thru 25 grid spots in Brazil....first the sprint race (20 grid spots) then the race (5 grid spots).....I believe it was good for 20mph increase.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I still have a hard time believing it's as simple as "turning the engine up". The overtake button and max power modes are going to use the most fuel allowed, which is regulated by the FIA. Teams can't run maximum fuel flow for the entire race because they will run out of fuel. You don't turn up the RPM's because the peak power is far below the allowed redline limit. It's not necessarily more boost, as once again you need more fuel to go with additional boost. And of course it's not as simple as using more battery power as the teams are regulated in how much battery power they can use during a lap, and the motor's have a maximum output of 161 hp.

But it is as simple as running the engine harder because you don't need it to last 7 races and of course you can fill up the tanks to the max allowed as most teams don't. So it is possible. I don't think it's something that teams would do in the middle of the season but when the title is on the line at the end of it, why not.

Not only the engine made the Mercedes the fastest car in the last few races. 12km/h more on the straight made the remote in brazil very easy, and without drs. Here the explanation of the system in the rear suspension.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFDG...ist=LL&index=4

My wish is that the 2022 car does not have this solution.
    ::Richred:: signed in red!

It is a loophole that FIA needs to close. With a new management we can now hope.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It is a loophole that FIA needs to close. With a new management we can now hope.
    After the massive ****-up in Abu Dhabi, my guess is the rules will be strictly observed to the minutest detail. Not that Toto will cease with his endless attempts to influence the officials.
    Trying to be less angry..

Fan attendance and sponsorship is the life of F-1. Toto had no shot at WDC even at he expense of it being so obvious in the end.