Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Pre-Season Testing Thread

I'm going to be optimistic and say that we'll be within 0.3 seconds/lap in race trim in Bahrain. I refuse to believe we're quickest though since the stopwatch seems to be hitting a time warp whenever Mercedes do a flying lap. Even in 2019 I was very skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I'm going to be optimistic and say that we'll be within 0.3 seconds/lap in race trim in Bahrain. I refuse to believe we're quickest though since the stopwatch seems to be hitting a time warp whenever Mercedes do a flying lap. Even in 2019 I was very skeptical.
    I get that, but….
    when we’re slow, we’re sandbagging.
    When we’re quick, it can’t be real.
    Dunno…

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    I see it that you need stiffer suspension to keep consistent ride height. Many articles around stating suspensions this year are super stiff compared to last year. With ground effects suspensions used to be much harder, apparently in 1979 Ligier had springs at 4000ibs per sq inch.
    Unfortunately the 18 inch wheel tires of 2022 do not offer the same dampening effects as the 13" wheel tires.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    And apparently Ferrari and McLaren both suffered the least from this phenomenon... it must be hell to drive the RB or the Mercedes lol...
    If that is what "least" looks like... holy hell. What does the "most" look like?

(I google translated some paragraphs of an article about the stability and mechanical grip of the F1-75)

The first stretch to be analyzed is the one between Turns 7 and 8. We are talking about a quick change of direction left-right that usually made it difficult for older generation cars that were not perfectly balanced.
    Observing the Ferrari F1-75 for a few laps in this specific section, during its long run, it was possible to notice a very precise car on the front and under braking. In addition to the ease of entering the corners, it was found that the body-machine is able to generate an excellent downforce that allowed the two standard bearers of the Scuderia to bring a lot of speed to this portion of the track.

Carlos Sainz, compared to Charles Leclerc, tended to enter the two folds with a slightly higher speed and then slide the car. A characteristic, this, peculiar to his style and that he used with old school cars. It is found that the same thing happens with the new single-seaters.

Trying to make a first general assessment, in these 'next gen' cars, handling that was then too different from last season was not appreciated. Furthermore, it is interesting to see how the Red, “listening” to the new engine, shows a good acceleration in output supported by an efficient hybrid system.

Another crucial sector, perhaps the one that at times was a bugbear for Ferrari, is the third. The most driven section of the circuit where, usually, the tires suffer. It is an area, the one between Curve 10 and Curve 16, in which aerodynamics matters less given the relatively low travel speeds.

It is the mechanical balance that takes the chair in this part of the track. As well as the ability to effectively unload the power of the Prancing Horse's turbo-hybrid V6. Well, even in the dreaded T3, the results are apparently positive. We apparently emphasize why the elements for making a complete assessment are still few and superficial.

In any case, the F1-75 showed overall good behavior in an area of ​​the Spanish plant where even the Mercedes W13, especially with George Russell in the morning, gave good visual indications. Hamilton, in the afternoon session, showed a pointed motion front and a slightly swinging rear end. A characteristic that is often observed in the driving of the seven-time world champion.

Sad day, you all know why. Perhaps the turning point for a long and sad period. Can we still find happiness with this good start from Ferrari? This competition inevitably seems a bit futile right now, given so many misfortunes. So goes the world. I still love SF, Charles and PEACE (for everybody)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I am awaiting news about cancelation of Russia GP any day. If not, I am canceling my F1 subscription. Sure, I am just 1 guy, so they won't even notice that, but that's all I can do.
    Oh, really, Goody for you. Nothing like good ol' virtue signalling, huh?

I just need to ask something: did you also boycott Formula 1 when it chose to race in Saudi Arabia, a country with the world's worst human rights record and which has caused genocide and the biggest humanitarian crisis in living memory with its (Western-backed) bombardment of Yemen?

Did you?

Hmmm, I bet you didn't. Am I right, snookums?

I don't mind anyone exerting their political views but nothing irritates more than the sheer hypocrisy of F1 fans clutching at their pearls about the Russian GP and yet blissfully turning a blind eye to Grand Prix hosted in vile countries like Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.

Oh, and don't get me started on the biggest warmongering nation of them all, the United States of America, not to mention its fellow warmongering little poodle, the UK.

So, should we boycott Austin, Miami and Silverstone as well, yeah?

Nice to pick and choose your causes, isn't it?

DELETED
    Last edited by Tony; 24th February 2022 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I don't see anyone in F1 would intentionally go to a country that's waging war, and being openly hostile and threatening.
    I'd imagine all teams would boycott if the sport insist to proceed there.
    A fair point, if you believe it.

However, with your logic we should therefore not be attending the Grand Prix at Austin, Miami, Silverstone, Jeddah, Bahrain, and all the others that have appalling human rights records and/or had their countries wage illegal wars and have invaded the sovereignty of other nations, often with many thousands killed and millions displaced.

You can't pick and choose your morality, I'm afraid. One has to be consistent, you know. Otherwise it just reeks of hypocrisy.

Please friends don't fight here, the pain has been worldwide if you look at history. Everyone can feel empathy, and should feel it in all circumstances. I don't want to judge or to give lessons, but let's just be honest with ourselves, please

RUSSIAN GP TO BE REMOVED NO IFS NO BUTS,SCREW PUTIN THAT MANIAC AND HIS PUPPETS THAT FOLLOW. I FEEL FOR THE RUSSIAN PEOPLE WHO WILL BE PLUNGED INTO THE ARMS OF POVERTY FOR A VERY LONG TIME TO COME.

DELETED
    Last edited by Tony; 24th February 2022 at 20:59.

Guys, the threads are going to get locked out. Lets keep this about testing and most importantly about Ferrari.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

DELETED
    Last edited by Tony; 24th February 2022 at 21:00.

DELETED

DELETED

DELETED

DELETED

Holy crap, can you guys stop, this is the testing thread.....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Ok back to the testing thread.Ferrari look solid.

That purpoising seems to have gotten worse for Ferrari today after they changed the suspension setup... it seems Binotto is also the most worried about this phenomenon... or others are just playing their cards close to their chest...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I am sure most of us underestimate what goes into testing a brand new car on brand new tires.

Obvious system and reliability checks.
    Does the actual aero correlate with the wind tunnel data?
    Driveability
    Balance
    Fuel usage
    Tire wear
    Ride height affects
    Floor wear
    Effects of changing front wing flap (through all the adjustments)
    Setup changes
    Long run pace
    consistency
    outright pace
    estimated wear on PU, gearbox, etc
    temperatures

3 days isn't a lot of time to test things. Getting the best understanding of the tires will far outweigh any updates the team has to bring. Who knows if updates are even designed yet, let alone built.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    On top this one need to understand what works and doesn't work on current car and then design a fix for that part and fabricate them which is a long process, so I think we'll not see any updates in this test.
    Good points. Thanks!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    If Mercedes have a mare of a season, that would be very, very sweet!
    After their dismal testing last season and then going on to dominate with RB, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Merc looks to have some issues. But we will have to wait because it reminds me of '19 ,where they also had issues in the 1st test and then they fixed everything on the 2nd and took pole/win on the 1st race!!!!!
    We looks quite healthy with a lot of laps without problems running our program like a clock!!!!
    Hope we don't jinx it again!!!!
    Nevermind '19. Think last season when they struggled in all the tests and then went on to clinch the constructors.
    Forza Ferrari

HAAS have dropped the Uralkali sponsorship logos on its cars and trucks....to include the livery colors as well.

The VF-22 will run in plain white for day 3 of testing.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Day 3 of testing-->after the lunch break, track officials will wet the track for wet tire testing.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

#F1: Who has the fastest and best sorted car so far? In the paddock they say Ferrari. But it's early days... #AMuS
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

If you are on top of your game at the start,regardless of early days it demonstrates that you have done some good homework. I believe ferrari has achieved the above.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Hypocrite

Who?
    Trying to be less angry..