Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 111

Thread: WEC + GT World Challenge + IMSA + ELMS 2022

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Martin Brundle is there supporting Alex.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Doesn't look like the BoP change is doing much for us. Porsche have raced away from us and so has Corvette more so.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Doesn't look like the BoP change is doing much for us. Porsche have raced away from us and so has Corvette more so.
    It's a long old race, anything can happen, don't give up yet! How are you watching it?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    18,312
    Just wish bop was done more fairly. I get, i understand it. But dont bop out a front running team for whatever reason. Think we being hurt for bahrain finale. They took away 0.7 boost, and gave us back 0.2. Thats nothing. And couple litres less fuel. Just look at the pro am timings. Our best car is 6th.

    Thought we were going get proper race in hypercar this year, but, whatever reason aco saw it fit to reduce the alpines power.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    It's a long old race, anything can happen, don't give up yet! How are you watching it?
    Watching it on Eurosport mate, got the the racing on one screen and the live timing on another

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Just wish bop was done more fairly. I get, i understand it. But dont bop out a front running team for whatever reason. Think we being hurt for bahrain finale. They took away 0.7 boost, and gave us back 0.2. Thats nothing. And couple litres less fuel. Just look at the pro am timings. Our best car is 6th.

    Thought we were going get proper race in hypercar this year, but, whatever reason aco saw it fit to reduce the alpines power.
    Yeah massively disappointed with the BoP decisions across the field it's like they're happy with big gaps between cars in the same class.

    We've been penalised in every area it seems with less power and fuel. Porsche able to go a lap longer than us. Here's hoping the cooler night time gives us a bit of performance back over our rivals.

    Did you manage to sort the timing out?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Jumped ahead of #64 Corvette due to it needing a brake change.

    Pace has picked up a little, slowing gaining on the Porsche.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    #63 Vette got problems now, good for us!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    #51 running in 2nd, #52 in 5th.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    18,312
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It's looking better than it was.

    Oh no! #51 is showing as stopped or running slowly.
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 11th June 2022 at 23:30.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    #71 Spirit of Race Ferrari is out of the race.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    12 hours in only 2 retirements, no safety cars, no FCY this never happens at Le Mans.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Watching it on Eurosport mate, got the the racing on one screen and the live timing on another
    Thanks, don't have Eurosport but keep checking in on the live timing, not always a good idea?!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,224
    Well looks like a double podium si in play after all that happened. But I already can't wait for the true hypercar era to begin. That will be something special.

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,620
    P2/3 in GTEPro is a great result, GTEAm was not such a happy picture being beaten by Aston/Porsche, no doubt the BoP again went against us, but plenty of Ferrari 488GTEs which actually finished, unlike the Baku GP.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813



    BMW M Hybrid LMDh. Looks a stunner IMO!
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 19th June 2022 at 23:09.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,620
    I hope you are not defecting, 458 Italia!

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I hope you are not defecting, 458 Italia!
    Never! I just thought it looked neat with the shape of the nose and livery In any case the BMW will be in LMDh whereas the soon to be launched Ferrari will be in the top LMH class

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Never! I just thought it looked neat with the shape of the nose and livery In any case the BMW will be in LMDh whereas the soon to be launched Ferrari will be in the top LMH class
    Pleased to hear that you aren't defecting, to BMW or anyone else, and good point about the LMDh/LMH classes, it gets very confusing for this old person! Can't keep up nowadays!

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,620
    Looks a bit ungainly with that huge upright driver cockpit, don't you think? But if it works, who cares!

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    I agree it's not much of a looker ATM! But I'm sure once it's got a livery on it will look 100x better!

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    18,312
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Looks a bit ungainly with that huge upright driver cockpit, don't you think? But if it works, who cares!
    All prototypes have had the same driver position for a number of years. Used to be like f1 driving position. But after few accidents and drivers suffered back injuries they changed to more upright position.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30,846
    Who gets to drive it at Le Mans?

    Any chance Alonso gets a shout?
    Forza Ferrari

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    18,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Who gets to drive it at Le Mans?

    Any chance Alonso gets a shout?
    I really hope not. We dont need him. But never say never.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I really hope not. We dont need him. But never say never.
    I really hope the AF Corse drivers get first dibs.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,620
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I really hope the AF Corse drivers get first dibs.
    Agreed, and maybe GIO will get a chance.

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stowmarket. U.K
    Posts
    18,312
    Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I really hope the AF Corse drivers get first dibs.
    Remember, they ALL factory drivers.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Remember, they ALL factory drivers.
    Indeed, of course.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •