Page 1 of 23 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Saudi Arabian GP Thread - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

2022 Saudi Arabian GP Thread - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

No updates at this track.

We go in with a sense of humility...........until qualifying and then the race.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No updates at this track.
    That does not need to be a bad thing, considering the new limits on development (tunnel,CFD),
    I would think it is even better to not bring load after load of small updates and focus on quality updates where they matter.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

I hope there are no ERS issues for Leclerc this race as this track needs all the straight-line speed possible.

Feeling good about our chances.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

This is low DF track?

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    This is low DF track?
    DF is 2 on a scale of 5 according to the graphic at the top of the page.

Inspite of it being a high speed track which are my favorites I remember disliking it a lot last year - with all the empty space and money Saudi Arabia has you'd think they could do so much better than this long constricted guinea pig squirrel cage of a circuit:( We vhave a car this year that looks to be a good all-arounder and probably have the best shot at it compared to the rest though RB top speeds are a little worrisome. If they consume themselves as they did in Bahrain then no worries.

Since it is such a high speed track that should be low downforce, I wonder how Ferrari will perform if they are keeping their relatively high DF wing package. Hard not to think Red Bull are going to be incredibly strong here.

I also wonder if they made any track changes. Last year there was some area's that looked pretty dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Inspite of it being a high speed track which are my favorites I remember disliking it a lot last year - with all the empty space and money Saudi Arabia has you'd think they could do so much better than this long constricted guinea pig squirrel cage of a circuit:( We have a car this year that looks to be a good all-arounder and probably have the best shot at it compared to the rest though RB top speeds are a little worrisome. If they consume themselves as they did in Bahrain then no worries.
    Nice!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Don't like this so called track

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Since it is such a high speed track that should be low downforce, I wonder how Ferrari will perform if they are keeping their relatively high DF wing package. Hard not to think Red Bull are going to be incredibly strong here.

I also wonder if they made any track changes. Last year there was some area's that looked pretty dangerous.
    They made changes : new track surface and new last corner

https://scuderiafans.com/pirelli-exp...di-arabian-gp/
    Last edited by Gilles; 21st March 2022 at 21:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    DF is 2 on a scale of 5 according to the graphic at the top of the page.
    2022 Saudi Arabia Grand Prix - Preview
    https://press.pirelli.com/2022-saudi...596.1647898511

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    They made changes : new track surface and new last corner

https://scuderiafans.com/pirelli-exp...di-arabian-gp/
    Thanks!

Expecting RBR/Merc to be good here. Quite frankly I'd take a double Ferrari podium even if we don't get the win. it's a long season, every point counts!

Race trim will be everything since there are three DRS zones. I'd much rather sacrifice some top end and one lap speed in order to nail the longer runs. Sector one and the banked corner at the back end are key in order to make the tyres work for long runs. Having a one-stopper as an option will be crucial.

Of course safety cars likely will play a role but even keeping that in mind, good tyre degradation will make it a lot more flexible when it comes to stretching a set of tyres to the end there.

another 1-2 in Saudi and our chances of winning titles this year goes through the roof.
    in 2004, we started with a 1-2 in Australia, then second race was 1-4 in Malaysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    another 1-2 in Saudi and our chances of winning titles this year goes through the roof.
    in 2004, we started with a 1-2 in Australia, then second race was 1-4 in Malaysia.

We are all excited and over the moon by last race results, but let's keep both feet on the ground. This is long season, 23 races. It is important to collect as much points as possible per race. I know win takes most, but in the end title is won by that one single point that you have more than competition!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We are all excited and over the moon by last race results, but let's keep both feet on the ground. This is long season, 23 races. It is important to collect as much points as possible per race. I know win takes most, but in the end title is won by that one single point that you have more than competition!

Let's just 1-2 the whole season to make sure
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Yeap! Let's make it one for the history books never to be challenged again. 23 1-2 for Ferrari!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

My thoughts exactly.. #StepByStep!

PS I trust Seb will be avoiding too much promotion of LGB issues - not a popular topic in the Kingdom..
    Trying to be less angry..

I like that!! Make it 1-2-3-4 Ferrari powered cars if possible

That’s the spirit!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Didn't like this track at all last year, it looked pretty dangerous with some corners unsighted, believe there have been some alterations to make it less likely to come across an unseen spin or crash. The team and drivers did a great job in Bahrain, would be good if we can build on that, preferably from the front! RB and Merc will be out to get us big-time, we need to stay grounded despite the Bahrain success. Forza, as ever.

The first target will be to have excellent tyre degradation.
    Then, qualify in the 1st row.
    Then be carefull on the race. It's extremely easy to get caught off guard and hit the walls!

Ferrari put their engine in conservative mode at the #BahrainGp.

The team wants to gradually increase the power to study the reliability.

Source: (@CorSport)

This will be a good test for the sf 75 no updates just opening up the pu a little more.I expect a good result with a fantastic points hall.Max will do his aggressive dodging weaving and redbull will do there undercut,because all they got last week was an upper cut.I expect merc to carry problems and McLaren there is no quick fix in a 7 day turn around not at this level race fans no chance.As totto said his f1 car has to have a chain saw taken to it.Remember the budget cap and the pu freeze until 2026 .In all I believe ferrari are looking really good compared to others including redbull.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari put their engine in conservative mode at the #BahrainGp.

The team wants to gradually increase the power to study the reliability.

Source: (@CorSport)
    Good decision. No need to increase power when the overall package is more than good enough to beat everyone.

Ferrari also doesn't see any need of increasing the power in Saudi.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    This is low DF track?
    For 2017-2021 cars, it was low downforce. But for the 2022 cars, it's high-medium downforce. Ground effect cars have stiff suspensions, riding the bumps will unsettle these cars even more. So high DF is the way to go.

And this track will overheat the tyres more so than Bahrain. So I want Ferrari to try the similar setup as they did in Bahrain, aka high DF setup.

Max said they will come back stronger in Saudi. I can see them as favourites, especially with their straight-line speed.