Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Saudi Arabian GP - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    RB definitely pushing their engine. Being 26 points down, it definitely made sense. I wonder if it will cost them reliability later on, or having to take up new engines. I hope Ferrari can get their PU up to full power by Monza. We only lost cause of the VSC; unlucky. We’ll get ‘em in Australia.
    TBH Perez also lost P1 because of safety car, so we are even with that. I did start to think that somehow Hamilton wins this because of his luck in past years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    ... and we need twistier tracks which comes around in May and runs all the way until Spa.
    Australia is a high downforce circuit as well. I don't think running skinny RW is going to work there.

The 2019 Melbourne layout would've suited our car very well but I'm not sure now with the lakeside chicane being removed. However, S1 and S3 should be very good for us even though we'll take attrition in the mid.

Maybe you didn't know about the lakeside chicane removal Tifoso1993?

We can still upgrade the hybrid. I assume Red Bull can't since Honda aren't investing any money in it and they basically just maintain what they have.
    RB's issue is not money - they already have $300m extra saved from the budget cap and the extra $100m a year from Oracle. Not to mention - taking away 60% of Merc senior PU staff. Ben Hodkinson will be doing a great job with ICE. I just cant see anything stopping them - sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    TBH Pere also lost P1 because of safety car, so we are even with that. I did start to think that somehow Hamilton wins this because of his luck in past years.
    i've also seen LH get suspiciously closer after VSC periods

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Australia is a high downforce circuit as well. I don't think running skinny RW is going to work there.
    The track has changed....it's faster now due to construction.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

There should be a rule preventing DRS use after the VSC until three green flag laps just like a normal start or after a SC. It's a no-brainer really.

The 2019 Melbourne layout would've suited our car very well but I'm not sure now with the lakeside chicane being removed. However, S1 and S3 should be very good for us even though we'll take attrition in the mid.

Maybe you didn't know about the lakeside chicane removal Tifoso1993?
    yep
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharles View Post
    RB's issue is not money - they already have $300m extra saved from the budget cap and the extra $100m a year from Oracle. Not to mention - taking away 60% of Merc senior PU staff. Ben Hodkinson will be doing a great job with ICE. I just cant see anything stopping them - sadly.
    We have more wind tunnel time, we are running with a launch car while they already brought a big upgrade (their budget is therfore smaller now). We are holding some aces too. You are just pessimist for the sake of being a pessimist. Or a troll. Either way you are wrong, you have only small knowlage about F1 and as a new member, you messed up your reputation right from the very start. Congrats.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so after 2 races, we got two double podiums including a win, a RB double DNF, and Mercedes not competitive.
    I'd say that's a pretty good start.

I'm sure Faloupis (?) and KingCharles feel damn good about being gangstas in here though

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    We have more wind tunnel time, we are running with a launch car while they already brought a big upgrade (their budget is therfore smaller now). We are holding some aces too. You are just pessimist for the sake of being a pessimist. Or a troll. Either way you are wrong, you have only small knowlage about F1 and as a new member, you messed up your reputation right from the very start. Congrats.

Well said
    I rest my case

Clever racing from Leclerc. Shame he wasn't able to break the DRS after the VSC, but all in all it's still looking very good.

In Spain we were fast in Bahrain we were fast and we were fast in Saudi.... So high DF track, medium DF track and low DF track.... We are fast everywhere

Where are your data? Everyone directly from F1 says Ferrari is the team who probably has the strongest PU. Then emerges some unknown guy who tries to trash our team. Well I am sorry, your "opinion" has no weight compared to theirs. But I guess people feel better after vomiting...
    Where do I get my data from? Maybe you should watch the races? The talk about Ferrari having the strongest PU is just talking. I go with facts before everyone's eyes. RB has by far the strongest PU and they are only going to get better with their PU upgrades. I am not living in denial and just saying it as it is. If Ferrari truly had the strongest PU they will be running it NOW and not holding back. Did Ferrari hold back in 2019? Come on stop kidding yourself about having the best PU. We made a mistake to accept the freeze - we only built our PU to get on par with other teams old PU 2021 and we agreed to a freeze - like *** is that?

were we not allowed DRS on the last lap due to the yellow flags?
    Did we have a chance to get it back if not for that?
    we're number one

Stupid question, is there still a point for Fastest Lap? CL got it on both races…
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Guys let's stay classy, we had a good day today and we should also be humble like Charles. Sometimes things go for you and sometimes against but this result won't define us, it's probably not a circuit which plays to our particular strengths yet we still did well.
    +1
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Stupid question, is there still a point for Fastest Lap? CL got it on both races…
    Yes. 25+1 in Bahrain, 18+1 in Saudi.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Yes :)

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    TBH Perez also lost P1 because of safety car, so we are even with that. I did start to think that somehow Hamilton wins this because of his luck in past years.
    No we are not even - it's Max that we are fighting for WDC - Max going place from 3rd to 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yes. 25+1 in Bahrain, 18+1 in Saudi.
    Fantastic! Thanks. Amazing to maximize the points…
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Where do I get my data from? Maybe you should watch the races? The talk about Ferrari having the strongest PU is just talking. I go with facts before everyone's eyes. RB has by far the strongest PU and they are only going to get better with their PU upgrades. I am not living in denial and just saying it as it is. If Ferrari truly had the strongest PU they will be running it NOW and not holding back. Did Ferrari hold back in 2019? Come on stop kidding yourself about having the best PU. We made a mistake to accept the freeze - we only built our PU to get on par with other teams old PU 2021 and we agreed to a freeze - like *** is that?
    :D You are just proving that you have no clue about F1. Do you know, what high downforce setup is? Did you see our rear wing? Did you hear what Binotto said about us having higher DF for this race, the same as Bahrain? Do you know what high DF does to your top speed? No? I'll tell you... With hogh downforce you will be slower on the straight as the car will have more drag. But it will be faster in the twisty bits, which are called corners, heard of them? Yea... we were waaaaay faster in those. Red Bull went with smaller wings, therefore low DF setup. That's why they were faster on top speed.

So maybe, just maybe you should learn a bit before you start acting like you know it all and all is wrong and we should have done this and that. Then come back and we can have a discussion. See ya.

I think we can win the championships outright if we simply match RB development pace, and win all the medium/high DF tracks. Although I feel we definitely holding our development back and more pace is to come. BUT the thing that worries me is Monza. I hope we find some way to win that one.

I think we can win the championships outright if we simply match RB development pace, and win all the medium/high DF tracks. Although I feel we definitely holding our development back and more pace is to come. BUT the thing that worries me is Monza. I hope we find some way to win that one.
    We will have a low DF setup for Monza for sure, I wouldn't worry about it.

Monza is better than Jeddah for a draggy car so long as you have the traction, which we do in abundance. Vettel won there twice in a Red Bull.

We did better there than Spa both in 2020 and 2021.

:D You are just proving that you have no clue about F1. Do you know, what high downforce setup is? Did you see our rear wing? Did you hear what Binotto said about us having higher DF for this race, the same as Bahrain? Do you know what high DF does to your top speed? No? I'll tell you... With hogh downforce you will be slower on the straight as the car will have more drag. But it will be faster in the twisty bits, which are called corners, heard of them? Yea... we were waaaaay faster in those. Red Bull went with smaller wings, therefore low DF setup. That's why they were faster on top speed.

So maybe, just maybe you should learn a bit before you start acting like you know it all and all is wrong and we should have done this and that. Then come back and we can have a discussion. See ya.

I stopped reading his post at PU upgrades

I am sure that KingCharles guy is Mr Faloupas. All he said is ALL NEGATIVE. Just ignore that troll

Yes, don't take the bait. Replying to him will only clog up the server and it's not worth it.

Well pu power is mesured only in the exits and acceleration . There you can see the true power. After that its simply aero. AND on accelaration we are undoubtedly the strongest !!! But if we dont win by 30s and be 20km faster on straights ,you and some others always gonna moan about something !!! Yoy know what, I'M HAPPY .You can live with your misery !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!