Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 44

Thread: Remaining races: rate our chances as of now of winning each

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,492

    Remaining races: rate our chances as of now of winning each

    I mean something like

    XYZ GP: Ferrari

    ABC GP: Red Bull

    etc

    Go!

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

    Totus Tuus


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,460
    For each GP in remaining GP
    * GP = Ferrari!!!
    echo "LET's GO"
    end loop
    we're number one

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,492
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    For each GP in remaining GP
    * GP = Ferrari!!!
    echo "LET's GO"
    end loop
    Woooooohaaaaaaahaaaa!

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

    Totus Tuus


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,610
    Well we have the potential to win them all,but we are too close with RedBull so everything is in the details !!!
    And then it's the upgrades and how will we manage to evolve the car!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    3,258
    I will start with Monaco. After last's year's disappointment, Charles will be keen to win his home race, and I'm sure he'll have the car to do it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,911
    Ferrari looks stronger than ever for the rest of the season 2022. After 2 races Russell is 6 points ahead of his team mate! What a great start of the F-1 season. Nothings for sure!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,765
    Melbourne - Ferrari
    Imola - Ferrari

    I think Ferrari will be strong at these circuit where straightline speed is not that important.
    But beyond that, really depends on who brings the better upgrade

    There's nothing to choose between Charles and Max, and both cars at the moment. So it will be a development race

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    3,258
    so RB should be favorites in Baku due to the long straight?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    9,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so RB should be favorites in Baku due to the long straight?
    Not really with regards to Ferrari vs RedBull. So far what we have seen between Leclerc and Max is whose going to be first out of T16 at Baku...because from there its all about straight line speed on a DRS zone to T20......so my prediction will be Leclerc will let Max go first but then pass Max on the straight.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    313
    Its amazing that ferrari is still almost launch spec and making a heavily updated redbull sweat

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,023
    Ferrari is still running the engine in somewhat conservative mode until they are happy with the reliability
    Once they’ll turn up the wick red bull will have to completely remove their rear wing per say to keep up with Ferrari speed

    More speed to come from Ferrari, that I’m sure of

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,452
    I think we made some small revisions to the wings and the floor, but not much more than duct taping some parts together, and adding that spring connecting the floor to the chassis.

    Nothing close to the level of what red bull did.

    Red Bull produced those sidepods with little to no actual on track experience.

    We'll have a lot more real data going into our first update.

    And Red Bull wasted their limited budget on that sub optimal update. One would have to believe.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Garden of England
    Posts
    919
    My sixpence worth: we absolutely must not fall behind in the 'development race'. It has been a failing sometimes in the past.

    RB (and the Mercs!) will be working night and day to find an edge - so must we.

    #ForzaFerrari!
    Trying to be less angry..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ferrari is still running the engine in somewhat conservative mode until they are happy with the reliability
    Once they’ll turn up the wick red bull will have to completely remove their rear wing per say to keep up with Ferrari speed

    More speed to come from Ferrari, that I’m sure of
    I think that each engine manufacturer will increase its power in the year

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    231
    I think we have the car to win the next 8-9 races ..however mid season we usually drop behind in the development race, so that is a concern.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    turkey/eskiş
    Posts
    28
    our car needs to be updated and then i can say we able to win many races. but i am hopeful for melbourne gp. remember that our rivals are not sleeping. finaly my opinion we can win 9-10 races. i really wonder melbourne

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,911
    Merc I believe wants Russell as their new #1 driver and will do what they have to. Max and Charles and I believe Carlos really know what each other are up to when they are going at each other for the pass. The races are great ! Will Lewis get permission to compete against Russell and the others remains in the hands of Merc big shots and FIA . Masi was not alone .

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Merc I believe wants Russell as their new #1 driver and will do what they have to. Max and Charles and I believe Carlos really know what each other are up to when they are going at each other for the pass. The races are great ! Will Lewis get permission to compete against Russell and the others remains in the hands of Merc big shots and FIA . Masi was not alone .
    Mercedes is already saying they are thinking about next year's car. I know their long history of sanbagging, but as I said in Barcelona testing, ​​their car is bad. They can surely recover a little, more or less, but without an unexpected surprise, it will be difficult for them to fight for the championships. In this situation, I don't expect them to make Russel their first driver. Lewis still be the star of the team, he deserves more respect than that and can take back the lead. Mercedes helped make Lewis "legend", and would lose by humiliating him and have no reason to do so for at best a third place in the championship
    Last edited by Gilles; 31st March 2022 at 20:07.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Hannover Germany
    Posts
    11
    Australia Red Bull...there is a long straight now there
    Imola Ferrari ... of course
    Dont write off Mercedes...they will be back soon

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Mercedes is already saying they are thinking about next year's car. I know their long history of sanbagging, but as I said in Barcelona testing, ​​their car is bad. They can surely recover a little, more or less, but without an unexpected surprise, it will be difficult for them to fight for the championships. In this situation, I don't expect them to make Russel their first driver. Lewis still be the star of the team, he deserves more respect than that and can take back the lead. Mercedes helped make Lewis "legend", and would lose by humiliating him and have no reason to do so for at best a third place in the championship
    Great post! I agree with you 100% but... Merc can't compete against the FIA and all the other F-1 big shots as to what they want as far as WDCF; WCC winners. They stole that 8th win from Merc , Lewis without hesitation even knowing how obvious it was.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Hannover Germany
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by burak karaküdük View Post
    our car needs to be updated and then i can say we able to win many races. but i am hopeful for melbourne gp. remember that our rivals are not sleeping. finaly my opinion we can win 9-10 races. i really wonder melbourne
    9-10 races enough for WDC if Charles win these races...but if Carlos made some wins i think it would be difficult as Red Bull will try to win every race with Max and not Sergio.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by burak karaküdük View Post
    our car needs to be updated and then i can say we able to win many races. but i am hopeful for melbourne gp. remember that our rivals are not sleeping. finaly my opinion we can win 9-10 races. i really wonder melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Schumi View Post
    Australia Red Bull...there is a long straight now there
    Imola Ferrari ... of course
    Dont write off Mercedes...they will be back soon


    So far in the first 2 races, Ferrari have run high downforce so their top speed has been a little hidden. Binotto said they went high downforce in Saudi because of tire degradation but the tires were more durable than expected. Maybe both drivers hitting the wall in FP2 might have impacted their decision due to not having data on long runs. Now if they can evaluate the tires better, maybe they can use less downforce means they might not be as slow on the straights. I'd like to see them try a low DF setup in Aus and see how they stack up to Red bull in speed. If they can match RB's speed on the straights and maintain their edge in the corners, then they really have much more to extract from the car and don't need to go nuts on upgrades yet.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    norCal
    Posts
    9,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Schumi View Post
    Australia Red Bull...there is a long straight now there
    Imola Ferrari ... of course
    Dont write off Mercedes...they will be back soon
    This is the kind of response that I was looking for: a race by race prediction.

    -Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

    Totus Tuus


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    This is the kind of response that I was looking for: a race by race prediction.
    Basically, all the way down to Miami is better suited for Ferrari, but let's not forget the updates. I hope it will be even better for Ferrari with the updates, and as the doubts about delivering a good car, those about the ability to be good again after the first race, will disappear those about the ability to upgrade the car
    Last edited by Gilles; 2nd April 2022 at 19:05.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Schumi View Post
    Australia Red Bull...there is a long straight now there
    Imola Ferrari ... of course
    Dont write off Mercedes...they will be back soon
    Mercedes?
    We'll see, I'm starting to doubt it (budget cap)

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,437
    It depends on how we upgrade and what Mercedes do.

    With the current cars though:

    Melbourne 35 %
    Imola 40 %
    Barcelona 60 %
    Miami 50 %
    Monaco 70 %
    Montréal 60 %
    Baku 55 %
    Red Bull Ring 60 %
    Paul Ricard 40 %
    Silverstone 55 %
    Hungaroring 65 %
    Zandvoort 60 %
    Spa 30 %
    Monza 25 %
    Singapore 70 %

    I can't be bothered going on for longer but the bottom line is that better tracks will emerge soon. Bahrain was a 50/50 and Jeddah a 30/70.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Hannover Germany
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    It depends on how we upgrade and what Mercedes do.

    With the current cars though:

    Melbourne 35 %
    Imola 40 %
    Barcelona 60 %
    Miami 50 %
    Monaco 70 %
    Montréal 60 %
    Baku 55 %
    Red Bull Ring 60 %
    Paul Ricard 40 %
    Silverstone 55 %
    Hungaroring 65 %
    Zandvoort 60 %
    Spa 30 %
    Monza 25 %
    Singapore 70 %

    I can't be bothered going on for longer but the bottom line is that better tracks will emerge soon. Bahrain was a 50/50 and Jeddah a 30/70.
    Ok well then...to you Ferrari will win at least nine more races...okkk...i will be happy with 5-6...

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Schumi View Post
    Ok well then...to you Ferrari will win at least nine more races...okkk...i will be happy with 5-6...
    Seriously?
    Just 5-6 out of 23 , a total of 8 ?
    With this package?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,056
    Imola 60 %
    Barcelona 70 %
    Miami 40 %
    Monaco 40 %
    Montréal 60 %
    Baku 55 %
    Red Bull Ring 60 %
    Paul Ricard 40 %
    Silverstone 65 %
    Hungaroring 65 %
    Zandvoort 50 %
    Spa 50 %
    Monza 55 %
    Singapore 70 %
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30,485
    40% at Monaco?

    As it stands we are 100% capable of winning every race.
    Forza Ferrari

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •