Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 235

Thread: 2022 Australian GP Thread - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    563
    Fer & Alfa look like easy cars to drive. Good. McLaren could be the dark horses

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,999
    We're doing great lap times while still porpoising. Speaks volumes about F1-75's enormous potential and should be ominous to our rivals.

    But we need to fix this problem as soon as problem. Hoping Imola upgrades will rectify it cause we're giving away too much lap times by running high ride height.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,999
    Carlos is in the zone in the final sector. 3 tenths faster than Charles in that sector.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,658
    Us you said. Lots of porpoising and still pretty fast!!!! Wonder when we sort this up,what performance can we unleash??!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,999
    RB can't catch us in the sector 3. No body can tbh. We're the only car doing mid 33's in the final sector.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Us you said. Lots of porpoising and still pretty fast!!!! Wonder when we sort this up,what performance can we unleash??!!!
    Ferrari 1-2 the whole season. Add Valtteri/Kevin to complete the podium. That’s a dream. Merc without cheating= commuter cars

  7. #67
    If Leclerc is porpoising in the vertical direction, then Verstappen is porpoising much more in the horizontal direction :)

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    392
    I hope we just can pull back some more time in S2. Coz that's where we are really vulnerable.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,999
    Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    I hope we just can pull back some more time in S2. Coz that's where we are really vulnerable.
    We're the fastest car in the sector 1 and 3. We'll be long ahead before the DRS detection.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    We're the fastest car in the sector 1 and 3. We'll be long ahead before the DRS detection.
    Good eyes!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    3,262
    this race is looking good for Charles so far.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,999
    Long run pace is really good. Charles seems in the zone.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    this race is looking good for Charles so far.
    If he can put up with that porpoising for what....58 laps !!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,999
    Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    If he can put up with that porpoising for what....58 laps !!
    It must be nauseating. They need to fix that problem with Imola upgrades.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    this race is looking good for Charles so far.
    He is what 0.1s/lap faster than Verstappen...don't think that's so much encouraging. What is even more worrying is why is Sainz so slow ??

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    He is what 0.1s/lap faster than Verstappen...don't think that's so much encouraging. What is even more worrying is why is Sainz so slow ??
    so you think RB are favourites here?

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,478
    We're looking good in spite of the porpoising but it's still early days. The pole time will almost certainly be going down towards 1.17 low when the track improves. Encouraging straightline speed for Charles and then Carlos abandoned doing push laps before the track/tyres got faster so I think both are in the window here. Charles is probably a tenth or two faster over one lap and a little bit more in race trim, but at least Carlos looks in better shape than before.

    Charles getting pole tomorrow would be great and being fast in S3 is very important. Low degradation is a worry and will benefit Red Bull, but if we have such good corner speed and can keep up in S2 we might have an advantage anyway.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    He is what 0.1s/lap faster than Verstappen...don't think that's so much encouraging. What is even more worrying is why is Sainz so slow ??
    Both LEC & SAI clocked their time in their early runs. That means the cars are easy to drive & consistent. VER needed several attempts to be in top 3

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,999
    FP2

    LEC: 27.256 - 18.034 - 33.688 - 1:18.978 - 311

    VER: 27.358 - 17.833 - 33.903 - 1:19.223 - 321

    SAI: 27.441 - 18.059 - 33.673 - 1:19.376 - 312

    ALO: 27.504 - 17.902 - 34.131 - 1:19.537 - 321

    PER: 27.621 - 18.062 - 33.975 - 1:19.658 - 321

    OCO: 27.773 - 17.994 - 34.075 - 1:19.842 - 319

    BOT: 27.622 - 18.196 - 34.153 - 1:20.055 -314

    NOR: 27.725 - 18.201 - 34.174 - 1:20.100 - 313

    GAS: 27.850 - 18.105 - 34.141 - 1:20.142 - 315

    RIC: 27.615 - 18.327 - 34.261 - 1:20.203 - 312

    RUS: 27.708 - 18.265 - 34.232 - 1:20.212 - 315

    TSU: 27.822 - 18.160 - 34.442 - 1:20.424 - 315

    HAM: 27.672 - 18.165 - 34.629 - 1:20.521 - 313

    STR: 27.793 - 18.284 - 34.534 - 1:20.611 - 314

    ZHO: 27.920 - 18.447 - 34.520 - 1:21.063 - 311

    MAG: 28.067 - 18.285 - 34.839 - 1:21.191 - 314

    ALB: 28.156 - 18.258 - 35.310 - 1:21.912 - 314

    SCH: 28.418 - 18.474 - 35.082 - 1:21.974 - 314

    LAT: 28.502 - 18.321 - 35.465 - 1:22.307 - 315

    VET:

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    7,999
    Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    He is what 0.1s/lap faster than Verstappen...don't think that's so much encouraging. What is even more worrying is why is Sainz so slow ??
    Cause Carlos had Gasly infront of him. And again, it's long run pace no the actual race pace.

    People said the same thing in Bahrain, said the same thing in Saudi. In Bahrain we dominated the race, in Saudi we lost the race by 0.5 seconds. Ferrari will be there on Sunday.

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,269
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    FP2

    LEC: 27.256 - 18.034 - 33.688 - 1:18.978 - 311

    VER: 27.358 - 17.833 - 33.903 - 1:19.223 - 321

    SAI: 27.441 - 18.059 - 33.673 - 1:19.376 - 312

    ALO: 27.504 - 17.902 - 34.131 - 1:19.537 - 321

    PER: 27.621 - 18.062 - 33.975 - 1:19.658 - 321

    OCO: 27.773 - 17.994 - 34.075 - 1:19.842 - 319

    BOT: 27.622 - 18.196 - 34.153 - 1:20.055 -314

    NOR: 27.725 - 18.201 - 34.174 - 1:20.100 - 313

    GAS: 27.850 - 18.105 - 34.141 - 1:20.142 - 315

    RIC: 27.615 - 18.327 - 34.261 - 1:20.203 - 312

    RUS: 27.708 - 18.265 - 34.232 - 1:20.212 - 315

    TSU: 27.822 - 18.160 - 34.442 - 1:20.424 - 315

    HAM: 27.672 - 18.165 - 34.629 - 1:20.521 - 313

    STR: 27.793 - 18.284 - 34.534 - 1:20.611 - 314

    ZHO: 27.920 - 18.447 - 34.520 - 1:21.063 - 311

    MAG: 28.067 - 18.285 - 34.839 - 1:21.191 - 314

    ALB: 28.156 - 18.258 - 35.310 - 1:21.912 - 314

    SCH: 28.418 - 18.474 - 35.082 - 1:21.974 - 314

    LAT: 28.502 - 18.321 - 35.465 - 1:22.307 - 315

    VET:
    If ferrari gets couple of more HP’s. This SF-75 is brutal.

    S3 ferrari Zone.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so you think RB are favourites here?
    Its just that in long run pace LEC was hardly 0.1s/lap faster than Ferrari....with huge porpoising. Maybe tonight they will be forced to raise the ride height a bit and lose a little bit of laptime there. A bigger margin over Redfools would have been better.

    I expected Ferrari to blitz everyone here with our superior traction in S1 and S3...which we are doing, but losing too much in S2.

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    333
    If we can solve the porpoising , boy we have a stellar car

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    We're doing great lap times while still porpoising. Speaks volumes about F1-75's enormous potential and should be ominous to our rivals.

    But we need to fix this problem as soon as problem. Hoping Imola upgrades will rectify it cause we're giving away too much lap times by running high ride height.
    +1

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    238
    It's going to be an uncomfortable race for the boys but we are definitely looking like the car to beat. RB have some work to do to get a similar laptime. Looking good so far.

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,931
    Ferrari looks to have a great balance, and again very good pace. Surprised to see such horrible porpoising though. I didn't expect that issue to be so track dependent. I hope the Ferrari was sandbagging the engines, as those top speeds are very low, even slower than the Mercs. Curious to see if the Alpine's will maintain their pace throughout the weekend.

  27. #87
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,762
    That redbull is like the 4th of July sparks flying every where loads of down force the car looks twitchy at high speed through certain sectors. Ferrari looks smooth,the bouncing well all are suffering hence the down force on steroids.For the race ferrari look solid once again considering it is the car strait out of the box from the launch impressive you bet your bottom dollar,red bull have been adding and removing from day one.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    That redbull is like the 4th of July sparks flying every where loads of down force the car looks twitchy at high speed through certain sectors. Ferrari looks smooth,the bouncing well all are suffering hence the down force on steroids.For the race ferrari look solid once again considering it is the car strait out of the box from the launch impressive you bet your bottom dollar,red bull have been adding and removing from day one.
    hopefully they run out of money half way through the seaon and we look good for the end!

  29. #89
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,658
    Charles: "For now it is not too much of a limitation lap time wise [the porpoising].

    It is just not so comfortable on the straights but I am not here to have a car that is comfortable.
    I am here to have a fast car*(smiles) and for now it is looking good!"

    #AusGP https://t.co/UVcEWzPCHi
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    prague
    Posts
    27
    Anyone have the long runs pace and tires lap times?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •