Page 1 of 16 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Australian GP - Race Thread - Charles wins

2022 Australian GP - Race Thread - Charles wins

If Charles takes the start and pulls out a DRS-proof gap early on I think he'll have this covered since he'll have good pace and be able to take care of the rear tyres in S3 but of course safety cars could always wreak havoc on a track like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    If Charles takes the start and pulls out a DRS-proof gap early on I think he'll have this covered since he'll have good pace and be able to take care of the rear tyres in S3 but of course safety cars could always wreak havoc on a track like this.
    that being said, you can expect Carlos to work his way back toward the front, so if a safety car does come out, it could nullify the strategy advantage that the Fizzy Drink Company has with their drivers 2 and 3. And Maxipad can't try his restart antics anymore

It should be easy to be in p4 in a few laps. Let's say 10.

I don't have the data, but the logical thing is to start with hard tyres and then use the overcut to pass for p3.

After Charles put in that stunning pole lap, I'm worried that he will have the two RBs to contend with and the porpoising will add to his work, Carlos will hopefully make up some places but SC intervals are likely, so no predictions from me, just Forza Ferrari!

I'm interested in the tire strategy/performance. The drivers are having a hard time just getting the soft tires up to temp, even though they are 2 steps softer than the medium. A lot of drivers were running very good times with used soft tires too, so I assume tire deg is very low. I expect a 1 stop race, but who knows. This year's Pirelli tires are very strange. Which team will be really good on the Mediums tires, I think that will be a key factor in the race.

Also, I think Sainz could push the tires harder to climb his way back up into the top 4.

Sainz needs to step up his game really quick. We need to be 4th asap.

Carlos has been a great hire but I’m starting to sense he might be a sore looser. He needs to keep his head down and his mouth shut. You have a fast car go get them Carlos. No excuses. **** happens it’s F1. To much pouting from him the last couple races.

One thing we tend to forget is that CZ starts in front of Alonso. And the old for has amazing starts.
    So, CS must ensure that he stays in front of FA and then he can plan his attack for the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapo View Post
    Carlos has been a great hire but I’m starting to sense he might be a sore looser. He needs to keep his head down and his mouth shut. You have a fast car go get them Carlos. No excuses. **** happens it’s F1. To much pouting from him the last couple races.
    What are you basing this off of? During the first 2 races he made no excuses at all, he said he just wasn't up to speed yet. Didn't blame the car, or the team, he blamed himself. I tend to think Carlos is a pretty straight shooter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L42H4vkbHYc
    Yesterday, tomorrown, remains the same fight.
    Go Charles!

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    So, how do you think we fare in tomorrow's race?
    I mate!
    Charles first, Charles first and Charles first!
    Verstapen is going to eat his hat this year, pure pleasure for me, for us and of course for him

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L42H4vkbHYc
    Yesterday, tomorrown, remains the same fight.
    Go Charles!
    Ha ha brilliant not seen the full video before.

As they say be wary of the dog that doesn't bark. Nice one Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Sainz needs to step up his game really quick. We need to be 4th asap.
    Sainz is too weak in wheel-to-wheel battles. He has the chance against Max at the start but backed down. Time to start looking for a new driver imo. Someone who is fast but aggressive in wheel battled - Alonso? Hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharles View Post
    Sainz is too weak in wheel-to-wheel battles. He has the chance against Max at the start but backed down. Time to start looking for a new driver imo. Someone who is fast but aggressive in wheel battled - Alonso? Hahahaha.
    Calm down with Sainz is weak, he is very capable racing driver and what happened was not is fault. He as good race craft, it's just that he as a hard time putting things together at the right time but I have no doubt he will win is first GP this year.

I want to see sainz attack attack attack right from the get go no mucking around and let that prancing horse run,as we all know the points are handed out today.Iam confident he will fight back.The race is long,albert Park is tricky,expect the unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCharles View Post
    Sainz is brilliant. Somehow he’s struggling at the start of the season similar to last year where he had very good second half. Remember he’s the only one who outclassed Max while at RB’s sister team.

He just need to put a proper Q3 lap, that’s it. Things will settle down.

Now that Perez is getting on top of that RB car, it’s high time Sainz should be in Top3.

New guidance on SC restarts.
    B8D88B91-D4BC-4C2C-B67C-FE5BDE5418BD.jpeg

Higher Temps today, could mean higher degredation, if Bahrain is any indication should play into Ferrari's favour.

Stay Positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I mate!
    Charles first, Charles first and Charles first!
    Verstapen is going to eat his hat this year, pure pleasure for me, for us and of course for him
    I can always count on you, Giles, to give me a good laugh! :)

FROZA FERRARI!

Christian horner another profound statement the drs should us,well against ferrari.Well Christian it suits ferrari also and every other team on the grid,it is not purpose designed for redbull.

For some reason there have been plenty of crashes this weekend.
    I think safety car is almost certain. We'll need to be quick to react, and hopefully luck is on our side too

Lewis not following the rule about piercings and jewerly. This rule was put in in 2005.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Good morning friends

Hoping for 1-3 lets go

Sainz on hards. Good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Sainz on hards. Good decision.
    Not sure about it.

Sainz bad start