Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Australian Grand Prix: Post Race Analysis

Anyone have any idea if our pace was just a function of the nature of the AUS track compared to the previous 2 gp's? or did we finally open it up and carry less downforce and this is were we really are with a decent gap to RB.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Anyone have any idea if our pace was just a function of the nature of the AUS track compared to the previous 2 gp's? or did we finally open it up and carry less downforce and this is were we really are with a decent gap to RB.
    no, we were still slower in sector 2 where it is mostly flat

I don’t “know”, but this was supposed to be RB’s track. Sure didn’t look like it to me.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The way that Charles was like "Do we go for fastest lap?", getting a no from pitwall, then going for it regardless, had me laughing.
    Not sure if the rest of the teams were laughing tho.
    And he could have gone even faster than that, he was lapping cars while still pulling off the fastest lap of the race...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I wonder if the other teams are sandbagging? Maybe they got so used to it in the preseason.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

After a setting which was, by far, not the best possible in the Saudi race, i think we did a very good job on the car and this time RB did not (explaining such a gap)
    Maybe we took some risk in lowering the rear, increasing the power (maybe), and changing aero balance.
    The main factor could have been to lower the rear (still have to be confirmed), it could have give us more load and less drag, something linked with the less charged rear wing, the bigger front wing, the increase in top speed and the drivers' agreed porpoising. Still suppositions, but really possible ones

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    After a setting which was, by far, not the best possible in the Saudi race, i think we did a very good job on the car and this time RB did not (explaining such a gap)
    Maybe we took some risk in lowering the rear, increasing the power (maybe), and changing aero balance.
    The main factor could have been to lower the rear (still have to be confirmed), it could have give us more load and less drag, something linked with the less charged rear wing, the bigger front wing, the increase in top speed and the drivers' agreed porpoising. Still suppositions, but really possible ones
    yeah i was wondering if we changed something that increased the porpoising but made us faster. However we made a big jump from SA.
    we're number one

yeah i was wondering if we changed something that increased the porpoising but made us faster. However we made a big jump from SA.
    Most likely a ride height change. I also suspect different spring rates and shock settings can have an effect of controlling the porpoising.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Most likely a ride height change. I also suspect different spring rates and shock settings can have an effect of controlling the porpoising.
    Sure, but the result could be a lot less traction. I think Ferrari chose the opposite, soft rear springs, maybe a lower rear, all balanced by forward aerodynamic loading and it works. Doesn't matter if it causes an increase in porpoising, as long as there is no high speed curve

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Sure, but the result could be a lot less traction. I think Ferrari chose the opposite, soft rear springs, maybe a lower rear, all balanced by forward aerodynamic loading and it works. Doesn't matter if it causes an increase in porpoising, as long as there is no high speed curve
    Yeah...that high speed curves were missing in Melbourne is what allowed us to go with aggressive ride height. This configuration may not work in Silverstone. Hopefully by Barcelona we can bring a new floor to completely eradicate the porpoising issue.