Thread: Keeping the Ferrari torch alive

Keeping the Ferrari torch alive

I have not been on here for a very long time, I had grown weary of F1 and the fact the same front runners on lap one would be the same on the final lap. However, things seem to be much improving and I want to congratulate the hardcore fans who stuck with Ferrari and F1 and believed in Ferrari. Those are the real fans, I salute you all and I will be watching quietly, wanting Ferrari to win as always I have. I however cannot bask in the glory like those that never waivered.

Let hope we fans have reason to celebrate at the end of the year. It's still early days yet, but Ferrari seem to have done a brilliant job. This sport is very political, so we have to expect these funks and with Audi getting involved shortly and Porsche only getting involved if they can be involved in developing the rules, well, I'm expecting that to play out a certain way for the next batch of regulations. Hopefully Ferrari can have a nice run until 2025.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Let hope we fans have reason to celebrate at the end of the year. It's still early days yet, but Ferrari seem to have done a brilliant job. This sport is very political, so we have to expect these funks and with Audi getting involved shortly and Porsche only getting involved if they can be involved in developing the rules, well, I'm expecting that to play out a certain way for the next batch of regulations. Hopefully Ferrari can have a nice run until 2025.
    I could not agree more.
    What I can add to this , is that it's obvious even to the untrained eye, that the team has worked really hard to change, grow and put together a really remarkable car.
    That, along with a functional infrastructure, gives every one of us the satisfaction that we're back in the mix , in fact not just in the mix but pushing to be right on top.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I agree with all of the above, and hope that Ferrari have finally returned to the top with the new regs, what happens after 2025 is anyone's guess with all those VAG companies threatening to change the face of F1. That will sadly be happening anyway once we've all gone electric, and I'll be too old to care by then! So make the most of it for now!

Since we're doing confessions:
    Hi, I'm Tommy and I stopped watching and following F1 from the moment Charles and Seb crashed in Brazil 2019. I was happy to see the team improving when I resumed in 2021, and I am beyond happy to see the victories this year!

Forza Ferrari! ~ Sempre Ferrari!

essereFerrari! Forza!!!
    Last edited by Liscia; 17th April 2022 at 17:57.

The arrival of Leclerc woke up the team.
    Even with the wrong cars, everyone felt that something big was finally possible again.
    It would had been with Jules Bianchi, our chance is Charles was following him closely

Attachment 8017

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    The arrival of Leclerc woke up the team.
    Even with the wrong cars, everyone felt that something big was finally possible again.
    It would had been with Jules Bianchi, our chance is Charles was following him closely

Attachment 8017
    Tragic still :( Every time I hear his name it saddens me to think of what happened :(
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Tragic still :( Every time I hear his name it saddens me to think of what happened :(
    Yes, a tragedy
    I don't forget him
    Charles is a bit of his heir

Jules will be looking down with delight for Charles, both would be driving Ferrari now and winning races.
    Forza Ferrari

Being tifosi is an emotional thing
    It's also having a heart and a memory for our heroes
    It makes this community strong, a bit like a secular religion
    Last edited by Gilles; 16th April 2022 at 19:53.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I agree with all of the above, and hope that Ferrari have finally returned to the top with the new regs, what happens after 2025 is anyone's guess with all those VAG companies threatening to change the face of F1. That will sadly be happening anyway once we've all gone electric, and I'll be too old to care by then! So make the most of it for now!
    I hope that by the time F1 becomes Formula E (some way off, I pray!) I have found something else to occupy my time and emotional energy!
    Trying to be less angry..

For the first time since Alonso ten years ago we have a driver who can really extract 100 % of the car even when it's race-winning time. That makes such a difference. Vettel did so well in his first season when the car was not a contender, but back in 2017 and 2018 there was always this lingering doubt whether he really got everything out of the car. Given what happened the year afterwards it's fair to say the answer was most likely no.

Now instead we have this special driver. If very good but not brutally fast drivers like Vettel or Sainz had led the line we'd not been championship favourites even at this rate. That's the difference it takes and fingers crossed that Charles and the engineers keep this up all the way until we've secured this damn drivers' title we've all been waiting for so long Hopefully pocketing a nice double title in the process!

I can't say enough good about le bon Mons.Charles and I'm positive he will carry the momentum forward with aplomb as the car is soooooo good and he's finally
    found his mechanical match! It is Caballero Snr.Carlos that now needs our and the team's special support to find his true legs which will hopefully come at Imola porfavor!

Agree mates!
    2016 Gp3 champion
    2017 F2 champion
    Exploded Ericsson in 2018
    Ate Vettel in 2019
    Exploded Vettel in 2020, doing miracles with a truck
    Some curling experts and strategists who know what they are doing deemed him inferior to Sainz in 2020 as he was not trying to capitalize points but looking for a win to help the team
    Charles is young, modest, tifosi, and the most talented and complete driver of his generation and also on the grid
    He is providential
    With him, the best remains to be seen
    Last edited by Gilles; 16th April 2022 at 21:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Agree mates!
    2016 Gp3 champion
    2017 F2 champion
    Exploded Ericsson in 2018
    Ate Vettel in 2019
    Exploded Vettel in 2020, doing miracles with a truck
    Some curling experts and strategists who know what they are doing deemed him inferior to Sainz in 2020 as he was not trying to capitalize points but looking for a win to help the team
    Charles is young, modest, tifosi, and the most talented and complete driver of his generation and also on the grid
    He is providential
    With him, the best remains to be seen
    i could not agree more mate.....
    back in 2017 when i was watching some of his masterclass wins in GP2, i thought to myself.....this kid has got some natural talent and i sure hope Ferrari will snatch him one day....and boy am i ever glad they did ......i i think FERRARI themselves think they have a true jam as well

FORZA FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Ferrari keep up this pace all year, I am totally expecting this site will get a flood of new members, but not in a good way. The so called 'fair weather' fans who are glory hunters and float from team to team. but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    If Ferrari keep up this pace all year, I am totally expecting this site will get a flood of new members, but not in a good way. The so called 'fair weather' fans who are glory hunters and float from team to team. but we'll see.
    I call those fans jumping “the band wagon “....

Last edited by Cavallino; 22nd April 2022 at 01:01.

Being a Dutch Ferrari fan 30+ years the last years were not the easiest one because of MV.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelc30 View Post
    Being a Dutch Ferrari fan 30+ years the last years were not the easiest one because of MV.
    I know the struggle! Iam a Dutch Ferrari fan as well and we have had some very difficult and painful years��
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Quote Originally Posted by fratelliferrari View Post
    I know the struggle! Iam a Dutch Ferrari fan as well and we have had some very difficult and painful years��
    We have all shared your pain, fratelli, no matter where we come from!

Can be tough in the UK when the BBC (Andrew Benson!) and the clowns at Sly Sport UK are so anti..

I went onto the Autosport forum once - never again!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by steelstallions View Post
    I have not been on here for a very long time, I had grown weary of F1 and the fact the same front runners on lap one would be the same on the final lap. However, things seem to be much improving and I want to congratulate the hardcore fans who stuck with Ferrari and F1 and believed in Ferrari. Those are the real fans, I salute you all and I will be watching quietly, wanting Ferrari to win as always I have. I however cannot bask in the glory like those that never waivered.
    Sure you can! We are Ferrari and this means a lot more than winning and losing. It's very early days but bask in this sunshine all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Sure you can! We are Ferrari and this means a lot more than winning and losing. It's very early days but bask in this sunshine all you want.

Thank you, it does feel good after so many years of F1 pain, too early to dream but dare I say almost reminiscent of the start of the MS years after what was then also a very long draught.