Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Emilia Romagna (Imola) GP Thread - Practice, Qualifying and Sprint Qualifying

Last year is was p nothing with booing on top,so be grateful quali was ruined by red-flag,simple as that,sainz needs to reel in the errors or his time will be cut short at ferrari,contract or no contract,to many mistakes,he is to hot under the collar,a podium is possible,but I doubt it the reasons will be obvious so he can prove me wrong.

Some untimely setbacks today but all is far from lost. This sprint format makes for
    some unneeded big-time complications and monkey wrenches!

Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not. Today Max was the lucky one and Charles was not. It was all about circumstances. It can provide us with a very interesting race though. Charles will be the faster one if it's dry, and Max will defend as hard as he can. And then........one of them will win. I trust Charles can do it.

Yeah.....and Carlos....this is not the way to go. Of course he can fight back in the race, but it should not be necessary. Carlos wants to fight with Charles and Max, but I don't know if that's realistic and now he's is overdriving. I'm sorry, but I think these two are just a little faster. Maybe stop trying so hard, just get as much points as you can for the team and relax. Then a racewin will come someday. But a championship with Charles in the other car? Not likely.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Hmmmm........double one. Did not know I was so frustrated I hit the enter key twice.........

Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not. Today Max was the lucky one and Charles was not. It was all about circumstances. It can provide us with a very interesting race though. Charles will be the faster one if it's dry, and Max will defend as hard as he can. And then........one of them will win. I trust Charles can do it.

Yeah.....and Carlos....this is not the way to go. Of course he can fight back in the race, but it should not be necessary. Carlos wants to fight with Charles and Max, but I don't know if that's realistic and now he's is overdriving. I'm sorry, but I think these two are just a little faster. Maybe stop trying so hard, just get as much points as you can for the team and relax. Then a racewin will come someday. But a championship with Charles in the other car? Not likely.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Hey Guys

I missed quali, but did catch the highlights on YT.

Commentators kept repeating the significant delta of .5s in favour of RBRs and how Ferrari are not able to match them.

Is anyone able to reflect on the nature of the track in S1 and where we are behind?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kshitijmalkan View Post
    Hey Guys

I missed quali, but did catch the highlights on YT.

Commentators kept repeating the significant delta of .5s in favour of RBRs and how Ferrari are not able to match them.

Is anyone able to reflect on the nature of the track in S1 and where we are behind?

Thanks
    Nature of the track was that it was sky was every 2 minutes so the nature of the track was changing every 2 minutes. Rookie drivers kept crashing bringing red flags, damaging cars, putting debris on the track when it was semi-dry and then it was back to every 2 minutes. After 2 hours, we got this grid not because of pace but whom ever ended up keeping the car on track. commentators saying delta .5 etc is just talking out of their ****. Man who keeps the car on the track and not smash into bits in these conditions always wins.

Does anyone have the sector times and Speed Trap data of Q2 dry runs?

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Not sure if that would have any significance.
    Charles would have gotten pole without all those red flags, his car was better than the RB in the wet
    His first and only 'fast' lap was better than Max's first one, but unfortunately, he couldn't complete another one, unlike Max
    In these conditions, drivers improve lap after lap by learning the limits step by step
    I think he could take the lead tomorrow, if he finds how to overtake without taking too many risks
    I think he could wait for a possible Max's tire degradation
    Last edited by Gilles; 22nd April 2022 at 20:05.

More disappointed with Carlos than Max getting pole. Being 2-3 for the sprint would’ve been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    More disappointed with Carlos than Max getting pole. Being 2-3 for the sprint would’ve been nice.
    I might seem strange, but I tell myself that starting tenth, he is not likely to crash Charles at the first corner
    I'm afraid of Carlos' pride and I don't think he's finally accepted that he doesn't have his level

Max got lucky he beat the rain,ferrari definitely had the pace for pole.Thats life in the f1 world,let's see how aggressive Max will be in turn 1 trying to fend of the faster ferrari expect the unexpected 100%.

Not wat you want but found that :

Carlos is just second tier driver. Waste of Ferrari seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax84 View Post
    Nature of the track was that it was sky was every 2 minutes so the nature of the track was changing every 2 minutes. Rookie drivers kept crashing bringing red flags, damaging cars, putting debris on the track when it was semi-dry and then it was back to every 2 minutes. After 2 hours, we got this grid not because of pace but whom ever ended up keeping the car on track. commentators saying delta .5 etc is just talking out of their ****. Man who keeps the car on the track and not smash into bits in these conditions always wins.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Not sure if that would have any significance.
    Charles would have gotten pole without all those red flags, his car was better than the RB in the wet
    His first and only 'fast' lap was better than Max's first one, but unfortunately, he couldn't complete another one, unlike Max
    In these conditions, drivers improve lap after lap by learning the limits step by step
    I think he could take the lead tomorrow, if he finds how to overtake without taking too many risks
    I think he could wait for a possible Max's tire degradation
    Just wanted to know how much we are losing on the straights and how much we are able to pullback through the corners. This is going to be very relevant for the Sprint race/Main race.

Just wanted to know how much we are losing on the straights and how much we are able to pullback through the corners. This is going to be very relevant for the Sprint race/Main race.
    Yes, I understand you, but what I meant was that there were no really clean laps to see something accurate, the real pace was not shown

Another graphic showing that Charles' tires weren't at the right temperature in first sector

Max knows Charles would have had pole,but he will take it anyway.

What is the weather now at Imola? What is forecast for today and tomorrow?

Charles will take Max of the line and win the sprint, and Max will blow the car on Sunday anyway

Hopefully Carlos can make some gains today so is in play for the race.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What is the weather now at Imola? What is forecast for today and tomorrow?
    Dry today it seems
    LIttle rain possibility tomorow
    https://www.weathercrave.com/weather...ourly-tomorrow

Charles can take Max at the start of sprint and get maximum points today and tomorrow he can scamper into the distance every time after a safety car if it rains. Such is the dominance we have this year. The boy has a cool head and we have a great car. Only unknowns and external events can affect race results this year if we keep this advantage. Carlos has really thrown away a chance to be in the hunt or have a say in the championship, he seems to have relegated himself to a supporting driver role. Although he is failing at that so far too. We should aspire to bring home both championships with such a car or it would have been a wasted golden opportunity. Let's hope Charles can keep his edge and that Carlos finds clean weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Dry today it seems
    LIttle rain possibility tomorow
    Thank you

I'm relishing in this:

For the 1st time in a decade, both Mercedes F1 cars did'nt make it into Q3--> Russell P11 and Lewis P13........priceless.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Take it for what it's worth. I hope it's dry today and Sunday. Weather update:

SAT: In contrast to Fri, a beautiful morning at the circuit with 21C expected this afternoon. Shower potential PM varies between forecast models, but interestingly latest FIA guidance is for a 60% risk of heavy showers during sprint race window & race Sunday
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I'm relishing in this:

For the 1st time in a decade, both Mercedes F1 cars did'nt make it into Q3--> Russell P11 and Lewis P13........priceless.
    Me too, and without Occon's gearbox problem, Hamilton wouldn't even have reached Q2
    Also, they say Hamilton and Wolf had a fight, right after Q2
    As for Russel, didn't Brembo tell us he was a genius in the wet?
    Last edited by Gilles; 23rd April 2022 at 10:19.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Take it for what it's worth. I hope it's dry today and Sunday. Weather update:

SAT: In contrast to Fri, a beautiful morning at the circuit with 21C expected this afternoon. Shower potential PM varies between forecast models, but interestingly latest FIA guidance is for a 60% risk of heavy showers during sprint race window & race Sunday
    I don't know who to trust now :
    On the following site, they say no rain this afternoon, and maybe a little sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Noquarter View Post
    Carlos is just second tier driver. Waste of Ferrari seat.
    The important thing is he knows his role as a number 2 driver and moves the **** out of the way if he ever is ahead. 'No need for the Leclerc is faster than you' radio just move over asap. He has been a let down IMO. Weak under pressure and weak in wheel-to-wheel battles. You get to know what a driver is like when they are really in the hot seat. It's easy being in the 3rd best car and looking like the hero when having the odd good race with no pressure.