Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Emilia Romagna (Imola) GP Thread - Practice, Qualifying and Sprint Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So,

Charles 78 + Carlos 38 = 116

Perez 36 + Max 33 = 69

Russell 37 + Lewis 28 = 65
    Tomorrow will be interesting. Top4 max vs lec vs Perez vs Sainz. It’s complete RB vs Ferrari.
    One who keep their tyres alive will benefit by the looking at today’s sprint.

Result was pretty good with CS up to 4. Thought I heard them say p2 starting line is better than p1 is that right?
    any idea why our tire wear was worse today. Gonna suck since we cant change setup for tomorrow. Forget MV we will loose out to SP as well.

ps.. really have no idea why we have to scroll though a bunch of comments about merc and ham to read anything of substance in this thread. Let it go..enjoy our strength this year and hope for victory for us
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1000
    But it's always the car. Do you think average F1 fans with their low attention span would've realized how special Charles actually is without the F1-75? The answer is no. Many even thought Carlos to be better than Charles.

A great driver will always flourish in a great car.

But it's always the car. Do you think average F1 fans with their low attention span would've realized how special Charles actually is without the F1-75? The answer is no. Many even thought Carlos to be better than Charles.

Ofcourse it’s always the car. But for me Alonso is exception from this.

How many stops tomorrow?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Result was pretty good with CS up to 4. Thought I heard them say p2 starting line is better than p1 is that right?
    any idea why our tire wear was worse today. Gonna suck since we cant change setup for tomorrow. Forget MV we will loose out to SP as well.

ps.. really have no idea why we have to scroll though a bunch of comments about merc and ham to read anything of substance in this thread. Let it go..enjoy our strength this year and hope for victory for us
    No idea why, maybe our setup is for medium and hard or intern, RB is for aggressive set up for soft and wet to catch up that 46 points behind and we all know RB engine gonna smoke again for 63 laps of hard driving tomorrow. another theory that 10 kilos less just help (RB) them catch us up.

Sainz saying he was also facing front tyre graining issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    How many stops tomorrow?
    a few comments ago someone said med and hard for race tommorow
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ofcourse it’s always the car. But for me Alonso is exception from this.
    Alonso is a different breed. Age, bad cars, bad weathers nothing seem to stop him. Guy is probably the closest thing to the "Perfect" F1 driver.

In current grid both Charles and Max are quite like Alonso. Both have Alonso's amazing adaptability.

Probably ferrari went for M-H Race set up tomorrow. It might change tomorrow, fingers crossed.
    But important note is RB getting on top of their issues race by race. Except engine

guys don't be sad it's a just less now, maybe tomorrow 7 points less if MV gonna finish the race, but we don't have the upgrade we need for 4 races while Rb have already use an upgrade with unreliable engine.

That's mostly the case. Alonso still show's signs of driver excellence in a not so great car. Leclerc as well and Max too. Perez has been very consistent in whatever car he has but he isn't up to Leclerc's or Max's level. Gasly as well.

Give the driver's I mentioned a top car and your statement is 100% true.

Vettel.....give me a break!!!! It was 100% the car.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

The F1-75 is very good on tyres in general. I think it a was setup issue on Charles's car. It happens. Sainz had a good pace and didn't suffer any graining.

Tomorrow is a different story. Mediums and Hards are the tyres for tomorrow's race.
    I agree, this graining was unexpected and the car was good so far
    As Max said, tomorrow with other compounds could be a different race, who knows, especially with rain
    The important thing is not to give points, and a victory is always very possible

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    How many stops tomorrow?
    One stop. But with SC and VSC, could be 2 stops. Weather could also play a big part.

Where's that image from 2005 of a single Bridgestone runner in the top 10 in a sea of Michelin tyres...

This is fourth race in a calendar with lounch spec car. Which is good givem the results so far. I really do hope Ferrari has some upgardes in pipeline

Alonso is a different breed. Age, bad cars, bad weathers nothing seem to stop him. Guy is probably the closest thing to the "Perfect" F1 driver.

In current grid both Charles and Max are quite like Alonso. Both have Alonso's amazing adaptability.
    Alonso races for different teams & came out on top most of the times.

Want to see Max driving for other team & see if he still maintain that speed. Why I was pointing out is, Vet at RB flourished/RIC at RB flourished. We saw their performance away from RB car. At TR, Carlos or someone I don’t remember exactly outqualified max. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This is fourth race in a calendar with lounch spec car. Which is good givem the results so far. I really do hope Ferrari has some upgardes in pipeline
    We know the upgrades are ready, just that they haven't been delivered yet. We have a great car, hope we don't get out developed during the season is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I agree, this graining was unexpected and the car was good so far
    As Max said, tomorrow with other compounds could be a different race, who knows, especially with rain
    The important thing is not to give points, and a victory is always very possible
    Yup, scoring points should be the goal. Ferrari will win many races this year but finishing on points and staying out of troubles will make the difference in the end.

I will take P2 and P4 over DNF any day everyday.

a wet setup will chew through your dry tyres faster, and the Red fools couldn't come within 1 second of Ferrari in the first practice session.

i for one want it to rain, because the people at Sky will think as soon as it rains, Max and Lewis are going to be storming to the front. I can't wait to hear them when Ferrari is 30 seconds out in front.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    We know the upgrades are ready, just that they haven't been delivered yet. We have a great car, hope we don't get out developed during the season is all.
    Well so far we are getting outdeveloped hard. We just have to hope it is a plan which will help us in the long run.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Yup, scoring points should be the goal. Ferrari will win many races this year but finishing on points and staying out of troubles will make the difference in the end.

I will take P2 and P4 over DNF any day everyday.
    Agree..!! That RB engine will certainly blow up at some point again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well so far we are getting outdeveloped hard. We just have to hope it is a plan which will help us in the long run.
    I think I will wait till after the race to make that determination. No reason to sacrifice the race for the sprint setup. Flip side is RB is under more pressure to make up ground so would not be surprised if they are the ones taking the risks
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i for one want it to rain, because the people at Sky will think as soon as it rains, Max and Lewis are going to be storming to the front. I can't wait to hear them when Ferrari is 30 seconds out in front.
    SkyF1 won't give Ferrari coverage IF Ferrari pulls out 30 seconds out in front. SkyF1 will cover the mid-field action.

OOOOOHHHHHH but if it was Lewis out in front by 30 seconds, they'll cover that....just like 2014 thru 2020.

The bias is obvious.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Yeah like Gilles said, degradation itself wasn't that bad it was just that the green track for some reason caused our car to grain the softs after Charles did a dozen very even laps with Verstappen and in the DRS era when you run more wing than the guy behind you don't get away with that. I think had it been 25 air temp and 40 on the surface with a rubbered-in track, the shoe would've been on the other foot. The good news for us is that Miami will have conditions warmer than Melbourne and from Barcelona onwards it's summer afternoons wherever the races are. Cold track conditions are a randomizer - remember how Vettel almost beat Hamilton to win in Canada in 2016 from nowhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Yeah like Gilles said, degradation itself wasn't that bad it was just that the green track for some reason caused our car to grain the softs after Charles did a dozen very even laps with Verstappen and in the DRS era when you run more wing than the guy behind you don't get away with that. I think had it been 25 air temp and 40 on the surface with a rubbered-in track, the shoe would've been on the other foot.
    temps slightly warmed for race tommorow. you saying thats better? assume track is rubbered in well by now. unless it rains
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    temps slightly warmed for race tommorow. you saying thats better? assume track is rubbered in well by now. unless it rains
    it's gonna rain

The DRS is very powerful around Imola. The Red Bull is very fast with DRS. I have a feeling that our set up is not for dry weather. Ferrari can only defend in the DRS if the tires stay in good shape.
    Tomorrow is all about having the right strategy and playing with our strength knowing what happened today.

As I said a few days ago, RB could go faster than us
    They had the wrong setup in Australia, but their car is close to ours
    We have enough points to take the time to develop the car as well as possible
    There's no point in spending it all right away to be mid-season champions and then lose because out of money
    As a bad part has the same cost as a good one, let's take the time it takes to have the best car for the second half of the season
    We just have to be patient and not shout if our advantage is eroding a little

Pretty annoying seeing Max sweep past like that, DRS is very strong and Charles and Carlos both suffered with graining, suppose it was the warmest part of the weekend so far and dry. Charles was on it from the start but only lost 1pt to Max, Carlos redeemed himself in P4, we need to be perfect with strategy/tyres tomorrow depending on weather and doubtless one or two SC interruptions. Don't like the sprint format much, but it was entertaining until the last couple of laps!