Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Emilia Romagna (Imola) GP Thread - Practice, Qualifying and Sprint Qualifying

2022 Emilia Romagna (Imola) GP Thread - Practice, Qualifying and Sprint Qualifying

Such a beautiful car. Only 1 DRS zone; good!

Motorsport Italy reports that Ferrari have decided not to bring the updated floor to Imola (reason is the sprint race & the possibility of the rain). The simulator work indicates that the F1-75 of the first three races will be competitive in Imola too.

Tifosi1993 I absolutely love your starting threads for each race weekend

Thank you and keep up the good work

FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

FORZA FERRARI
    I agree
    Also his technicaly posts are very good
    Thanks you mate

What can we expect from this home race weekend?
    Carlos will want to do well after Australia
    The wet weather expected on Friday could favor Ferrari because the car offers the best handling and also because they tested the new rain tires more than the others. Both drivers are very strong on the wet (Carlos usually does very well on wet tracks)
    The sprint race format would favor the F1-75 which is generally quick right out of the box and Leclerc who on the drivers side, is quick to set up his car
    On the updates side, Ferrari could make very minor aero tweaks and weight reduction work
    I expect the same or a bit more from the competition because there won't be enough time to work on big aero evolutions, also because of the weather, but some teams might have different goals (midfield teams) or aim to take more risks (some front teams)
    I don't know if it can be accurate (depends of the weather), but only one Drs zone can be a good thing for Ferrari in quali and more surely in race on dry after a safety car
    On the dry the car and Leclerc should do very well, the question remains where will be RB?
    Behind i hope
    Last edited by Gilles; 19th April 2022 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    What can we expect from this weekend?
    Carlos will want to do well after Australia
    The wet weather expected on Friday could favor Ferrari because the car offers the best handling and also because they tested the rain tires more than the others. Both drivers are very strong in the wet (Carlos usually does very well on wet tracks)
    The sprint race format would favor the F1-75 which is generally quick right out of the box and Leclerc who on the driver side, is quick to set up his car
    On the update side, Ferrari could make minor aero tweaks and some weight reduction work
    I expect the same or a bit more from the competition because there won't be enough time to work on big aero evolutions, also because of the weather, but some teams might have different goals (midfield teams) or aim to take more risks (for front teams)
    On the dry the car and Leclerc should do very well, the question remains where will be RB?
    Behind i hope
    Hopefully RB change their car so much it upsets the balance even more.

Thanks for the threads, fratello

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

@FerrariF60, @Gilles and @Tifoso; welcome mates.

FORZA FERRARI

Nailing the setup from the get-go is more important here. So I get it why Ferrari have decided not to bring the new floor here.

FORZA FERRARI
    My thanks too and what a FANTASTIC photo choice of our gorgeous steed!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Nailing the setup from the get-go is more important here. So I get it why Ferrari have decided not to bring the new floor here.
    At the same time, nothing says that this new floor is ready. Sainz says they have a better car in the wind tunnel (like everyone else), but that's still virtual.
    Also, maybe they needed the correlation work achieved in Australia to validate their thinking. If rght, starting from here, manufacture parts takes weeks, and a floor is a big and complex one.
    Also, given the cost to manufacture these parts, they can develop it a bit more before putting it on the track.
    Of course, this reasoning is only valid if the manufacturing cost is more penalizing than CFD + wind tunnel development, in terms of budget cap
    Last edited by Gilles; 19th April 2022 at 19:45.

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    Hopefully RB change their car so much it upsets the balance even more.
    Make Mercerdes' mistake? It would be funny, but we can't be so lucky
    Toto's face this year is already enough fun

FORZA FERRARI
    x2 Thanks for the dedication!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Marc Gene confirms that we are understanding (updates and porpoising):
    “I don’t expect, as I say, to see people bringing a lot of updates. We prefer to concentrate on the set-up to bring this car as low as possible. The lower you can run the car without the porpoising being an issue, of course, the more performance you have.”

Tifosi 1993, i would add that you have been doing this good work for years
    Before joining, I had been following this forum for many years and one reason why was the quality of your posts, among others (my phone shortcut icon for this forum leads to one of your very old post)
    I'm sure right now there are still people who read us just because of posts like yours
    Last edited by Gilles; 20th April 2022 at 07:44.

I've trust these guys

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This "split" WE format like these "alternating" weather conditions should definitely favor Ferrari. RB won't bring many updates but a little weight reduction, like Ferrari I think.
    SF needs to focus on capitalizing on bringing as many points as possible. If they made the perfect WE, their cumulative advantage would become very interesting.
    Not to mention team orders, mostly drivers management, but since Carlos can be more on Charles' level in the wet (maybe) and RB could suffer in these same conditions, I hope that at home, it does not come to him the idea of ​​doing too much at the risk of ruining everything

This track should suit us against RB - hopefully Sainz can get his act together and get ahead of the RB's in Q

Ferrari will bag a lot of points,no team will bring major upgrades no time to analyse them correctly.Ferrari have determined that the sf75 that won in Australia will be competitive in Italy.Red bull are somewhat perplexed with upgrades an angry max does not bode well for red bull and only adds pressure to the cooker.I suspect a steady as she goes for redbull sweating on finishing the race with with good points scored,any failure will be catastrophic for red bull yes they are under the spotlight big time.As always with f1 expect the unexpected .

Carlos Sainz signs contract with Ferrari till 2024.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    If correct, good news. As long as SAI keeps his head and doesn't let LEC's likely dominance in the team get to him.
    Trying to be less angry..

I'm seeing increased signs that qualifying will be dry.

As for Carlos, continuity is usually a good decision and he earned an extension with his performances last year. With Norris off the market there wasn't much in that had we wanted it anyway. If we passed over Alonso (who was my first choice back then) for 2021 there's no way he'd be an option for next year. Speaking of Norris, his premature decision to commit to a team that hasn't been on a dry pole for a decade until the end of 2025 may prove to be very costly for him if he doesn't have watertight performance clauses. If he misses the Mercedes boat when Hamilton departs, that could really prove costly.

Now Carlos just has to prove that Melbourne was merely a blip in his consistency. I think the current pairing are likely to be there for the rest of the decade unless something strange happens.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 21st April 2022 at 11:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    If correct, good news. As long as SAI keeps his head and doesn't let LEC's likely dominance in the team get to him.
    Do unto Charles as Charles did to Seb; race to win , Carlos should race to be #1 not get Rubenized. The results will be WDC, WCC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Do unto Charles as Charles did to Seb; race to win , Carlos should race to be #1 not get Rubenized. The results will be WDC, WCC !!!
    If he can compete against Charles, and there is balance , sure.
    However, I can't see Carlos as fast as Charles. Frankly I cannot see anyone on the current grid as fast as Charles on the grid while Charles has a good car.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Carlos has no chance of being better than Charles, why do you still want that, instead of accepting reality and expecting the best result for the team (we know your allergy to team orders, but managing a season also requires a certain discipline)?
    Carlos can beat Charles sporadically, no more. And don't tell me he scored more points last year, it's just good for journalists who only know how to count, you saw the races anyway, right?
    Last edited by Gilles; 21st April 2022 at 12:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Carlos has no chance of being better than Charles, why do you still want that, instead of accepting reality and expecting the best result for the team (we know your allergy to team orders, but managing a season also requires a certain discipline)?
    Carlos can beat Charles sporadically, no more. And don't tell me he scored more points last year, it's just good for journalists who only know how to count, you saw the races anyway, right?
    The guy has PTSD from 20+ years ago with Rubens and MSC. He cant let it go and be happy where we are as a team today. He would rather highjack every thread and make it about Russell, #8 and Rubens.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    The guy has PTSD from 20+ years ago with Rubens and MSC. He cant let it go and be happy where we are as a team today. He would rather highjack every thread and make it about Russell, #8 and Rubens.
    The guy is PATHETIC TROLL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This should ease him mind and take pressure off of him.