View Poll Results: What to do with DRS?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it the DRS taxi like now

3 12.50%
  • Allow drivers to freely use DRS for a limited numbers of lap both for attack and defence

6 25.00%
  • Scrap it altogether even it turns most races into Monaco

15 62.50%

Thread: DRS and what to do with it

DRS and what to do with it

My suggestion is to allow free use for a limited number of laps, maybe 25 % of the race. That way you can utilize it like push to pass in IndyCar, build or close gaps or go for fastest lap by having it activated. The risk then is that you run out towards the end when the guy behind catches you, but at least you've had a chance to defend yourself.

Pensieri ragazzi? (thoughts guys?)

Yeah I misspelled 'laps' in the poll question don't worry I've seen it first but can't edit it now

Scrap it!!!!

It's "fake" overtaking. Make the cars 100kg lighter, shorten the wheelbase and shorten the width of the cars.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Scrap it!!!!

It's "fake" overtaking. Make the cars 100kg lighter, shorten the wheelbase and shorten the width of the cars.
    100% true

Get rid of it altogether. I would rather watch a driver sizing up an overtake for 10 laps and pulling of a good one than silly overtakes on a straight by pressing a button. It has taken a spark out of f1 racing, and to an extent, some skill.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Only allow when it is too late to benefit Ferrari? Even the cretins at Sly F1 were wondering why it had not been enabled!!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Get rid of it altogether. I would rather watch a driver sizing up an overtake for 10 laps and pulling of a good one than silly overtakes on a straight by pressing a button. It has taken a spark out of f1 racing, and to an extent, some skill.
    Agreed Rob, but let's face it, I doubt the FIA/Liberty would listen.

Scrap it. Overtaking and Defending your position is pretty much a lost artform. Pressing a button to breeze past just sucks.
    Ban DRS!

sCRAP that artificial hindrance to honest straight up racing!

Using it a limited amount during a race would certainly be interesting. Id love to see how that would play out. I do think eventually all teams and drivers would use it exactly the same because they all figure out what is the best way to make the car faster.

I dont think they can simply get rid of it as long as there is no refueling. Back in the day of refueling there were lots of passing done in the pits and people complained about it. Right now without DRS we would have very little passing on track, and not enough pitstops to have passes there.

The real problem is that the tracks are just too narrow, which causes the chasing car to end up in the leading cars dirty air for too much of the lap. I wish they would revamp the track layouts.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The real problem is that the tracks are just too narrow, which causes the chasing car to end up in the leading cars dirty air for too much of the lap. I wish they would revamp the track layouts.
    I would argue that the cars are too wide not the tracks being too narrow.

Scrap it altogether.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Exactly.
    People tend to forget this is not just cars but also tracks !
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

....meanwhile rinky-dink street tracks continue to be added and contemplated.

Overtaking is not supposed to be easy, it's supposed to be a craft.

People tend to forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Overtaking is not supposed to be easy, it's supposed to be a craft.

People tend to forget that.
    Unless the driver is told to Let Him Pass. Lets see how Bottas and throw on Russell due in the #1 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Unless the driver is told to Let Him Pass. Lets see how Bottas and throw on Russell due in the #1 spot.
    They're faring just fine. Specially Bottas that now can fight the mercedes .

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Only allow when it is too late to benefit Ferrari? Even the cretins at Sly F1 were wondering why it had not been enabled!!
    Just wanted to say your avatar image is awesome!

I am not a fan, either. I want F1 to be more about racing and if that means less tech, then so be it.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

There should be one more option in the survey: STICK IT!
    Last edited by Liscia; 30th April 2022 at 16:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I am not a fan, either. I want F1 to be more about racing and if that means less tech, then so be it.
    Very well said! One kiss from the car next to you and all the tech is D N F! I believe Ferrari has the right drivers as long a they stay strong with all their experience while actually racing around the track.