Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: 2022 Miami GP - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Because there are ways to cheat the cap. Binotto is assuming everyone will be honest with their spending.

Ferrari is keeping tabs on RBR, okay. Let's say their assumptions show RBR overspent the cap. They go to FIA and file a protest. FIA can just tell Ferrari to pound sand since Ferrari barely hold any clout anymore. Then what? It's just a silly assumption.
    Red Bull are close to needing to pause their budget. They've essentially done two major upgrades, while we've done none. It's obvious to everyone. If they keep bringing upgrades to every race, Ferrari will launch a protest for an audit into Red Bull, and would be joined by other teams likely, because everyone will want to know if the budget is just something on paper, and they can all develop as they want.

Horner said their next big update would be late summer.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I believe Red Bull is bringing another small upgrade for Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    I believe Red Bull is bringing another small upgrade for Barcelona.
    What they doing?

They did not add much at Imola tbh would not consider they have done anything major since launch.
    Forza Ferrari

What they doing?

They did not add much at Imola tbh would not consider they have done anything major since launch.
    Weight reduction.

They've done several two small upgrades to the floor, the front wing, and then for weight. Almost another full upgrade worth since the start of the season.

We have done a new floor and rear wing etc yet to see the joys of it yet though. They have not done much more than us really.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Red Bull are close to needing to pause their budget. They've essentially done two major upgrades, while we've done none. It's obvious to everyone. If they keep bringing upgrades to every race, Ferrari will launch a protest for an audit into Red Bull, and would be joined by other teams likely, because everyone will want to know if the budget is just something on paper, and they can all develop as they want.
    The budget cap is nothing more than a feel good measure. Like any other fiscal regulation, there are lots of loopholes and gray areas that can be utilized to beat the system. Just a few simple examples: Understate labor hours/costs - Understate materials/manufacturing costs - Use "off book" subsidiary personnel for development/manufacture - There are many ways to navigate around fiscal regulations. Teams regularly beat technical regulations that are physically inspected. Beating FIA accountants is child's play for the sophisticated teams.

Remember when FOTA was a thing and they had a budget agreement....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9359085.stm
    Forza Ferrari

Even if Ferrari believe RB are spending over the cap, Binotto would probably just let it go, for the good of the sport..

Is Masi now a FIA Auditor?

We have done a new floor and rear wing etc yet to see the joys of it yet though. They have not done much more than us really.
    The "weight loss" program cost a fortune.

when you have time, where did you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    when you have time, where did you see this?
    He said it on Sky after the race.
    Forza Ferrari

Crap the budget cap is firmly in place for all to adhere to.All f1 teams are audited by the fia to maintain fairness and transparency, ferrari will protest if red bull contine development at the pace they have reached.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Crap the budget cap is firmly in place for all to adhere to.All f1 teams are audited by the fia to maintain fairness and transparency, ferrari will protest if red bull contine development at the pace they have reached.
    I hope so. Seems like we will play by the rules, but RBR are shady as hell.

The Ferrari is harder on tires maybe the result of stiffening up the rear suspension to reduce the porpoising? We didn't seem to be hard to the tires the first 3 races did we?

Leclerc had a pretty poor exit at turn 17 when Verstappen passed him. I hope the new floor will solve this problem we have and unlock the many more tuning capabilities of the F1-75.

Did you guys notice, Red Bull had some slight porpoising going on down the straights.

The European circuits will suit the ferrari nicely hence the up grades for the Spanish GP unleash the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    The Ferrari is harder on tires maybe the result of stiffening up the rear suspension to reduce the porpoising? We didn't seem to be hard to the tires the first 3 races did we?

Leclerc had a pretty poor exit at turn 17 when Verstappen passed him. I hope the new floor will solve this problem we have and unlock the many more tuning capabilities of the F1-75.

Did you guys notice, Red Bull had some slight porpoising going on down the straights.
    Yes. I think we did stiffen the rear suspension. Low mechanical grip in the really slow corners. More tire deg, probably due to the car sliding a bit more. And of course less porposing.

RB on the other hand seem to have soften their suspension. They were faster on that tight section, where getting out of corners faster, and had a bit of porposing.

Hopefully the new floor allows us to run the car super low and not have to stiffen the rear suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The European circuits will suit the ferrari nicely hence the up grades for the Spanish GP unleash the beast.
    That #4 euro race in Italy no less didn't suit Ferrari nicely at all. Lets hope thing get better in a hurry. A Miami 2,3 needs to be beat by them in Europe or better yet a 1,2 !
    Last edited by Brembo; 11th May 2022 at 13:25.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    The budget cap is nothing more than a feel good measure. Like any other fiscal regulation, there are lots of loopholes and gray areas that can be utilized to beat the system. Just a few simple examples: Understate labor hours/costs - Understate materials/manufacturing costs - Use "off book" subsidiary personnel for development/manufacture - There are many ways to navigate around fiscal regulations. Teams regularly beat technical regulations that are physically inspected. Beating FIA accountants is child's play for the sophisticated teams.
    Absolutely right. We don't trust RB and I'm sure the feeling's mutual so it'll just
    play out until both teams have played their final cards (improvements) but we'll
    only have the FIA's word on it and I don't trust them either:(

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Are you serious??? The 2 dnf of Max he was chasing Lec???Where did you see that???? He was clearly falling behind and eventually retired. If he hadn't retired he would be 2nd and eventually he would leading the championship, BUT not that he would won those races!!!!
    Why when we lose ,some of you become so crybabys and see all bad around you ????? I don't say that everything is good and you should stop saying that everything is bad !!!!
    If we don't get destroyed I'm Barcelona, what would you say then, " Oh ,I'm happy I was wrong " ?? Well thistles isn't an excuse to be so negative right now and make such claims!!!
    Not being negative, just being a realist. LeClerc's title lead is evaporating quickly. What races are you watching? I love Ferrari, and have followed them in F1 since '87. But, sorry, the Red Bull is a better (FASTER) car, and it seems they have gotten a grip on the reliability issues. And once AGAIN, Ferrari are sucking hind teat in the upgrade battle. As they do every year.

Quote Originally Posted by BAT340 View Post
    Not being negative, just being a realist. LeClerc's title lead is evaporating quickly. What races are you watching? I love Ferrari, and have followed them in F1 since '87. But, sorry, the Red Bull is a better (FASTER) car, and it seems they have gotten a grip on the reliability issues. And once AGAIN, Ferrari are sucking hind teat in the upgrade battle. As they do every year.
    You do realize they've yet to put an upgrade on the car, right?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Seems to me so far performance has been very track and tire specific. LAst few tracks had lots of drs zones and they were pretty long, so played into Red Bull's strengths. On hards, Leclerc was very competitive with Max. Wasn't much between them and like aroutis said, zero developments so far but judging with how well they updated last year and how good the car was straight out of the blocks, I think Ferrari will be able to introduce some very decent upgrades this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Seems to me so far performance has been very track and tire specific. LAst few tracks had lots of drs zones and they were pretty long, so played into Red Bull's strengths. On hards, Leclerc was very competitive with Max. Wasn't much between them and like aroutis said, zero developments so far but judging with how well they updated last year and how good the car was straight out of the blocks, I think Ferrari will be able to introduce some very decent upgrades this year.
    Somehow I see the resemblance to the SF70H in terms of track-specific performance.
    But, I know we still haven't shown our cards yet. I'm banking on those upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    it wasn't really an update, it was track specific stuff that every team does for every race. just some media outlets brand them as "updates" when they really aren't.

i'm thinking this rear wing is meant to work more with the updates we'll bring in Barcelona, they tried to make it work with what we have now, but with track conditions,etc, it just wasn't meant to be.
    Your first paragraph is in contradiction with the second.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Your first paragraph is in contradiction with the second.
    not really, i'm trying to say that, when we actually bring our update, which we speculate will generate more downforce from sidepods and the floor, we'll be able to run less wing at these tracks with long straights.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You do realize they've yet to put an upgrade on the car, right?
    Then what are they waiting for, to trail in the drivers championship? In F1 you have to progress from race, to race, and the strategy (a Ferrari fault) in Miami failed them again, setting the car up for cornering. Red Bull blowing them out in the straights.

Then what are they waiting for, to trail in the drivers championship? In F1 you have to progress from race, to race, and the strategy (a Ferrari fault) in Miami failed them again, setting the car up for cornering. Red Bull blowing them out in the straights.
    There was nothing to do, RB was stronger
    Now it could be a different story right in spain with the updates, not for the whole year of course, but that's the game