Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Miami GP - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Another bad weekend. Running a higher downforce wing and still experiencing worse tyre deg, getting overtaken and failing to overtake back makes it even worse. Failing to put pressure on them during the safety car period with a pit stop was the icing on the cake. So passive.

Unless the vmax and tyre Deg differential can be addressed with the next upgrade, they'll lose the lead and won't get it back.
    Still to early to tell.....let's see where everyone is at mid-season with regards to upgrades and spending on the budget cap.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    he was off Sainz pace even with full power...
    Copy....Perez was managing his tires.....like he always does. He attacks towards the end of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Copy....Perez was managing his tires.....like he always does. He attacks towards the end of the race.
    when you have clearly the fastest car, why wait to attack?

when you have clearly the fastest car, why wait to attack?
    Max's racecraft vs Leclerc's racecraft vs Perez's racecraft......Max and Leclerc are quite in a different league.

Max's racecraft vs Leclerc's racecraft vs Perez's racecraft......Max and Leclerc are quite in a different league.
    I'm not comparing him To Max and Lec, I'm comparing him to Sainz.

In formula one sometimes you do need some luck and yes ferrari got lucky with a double podium, you can't give it back so take the result and move on, ferrari should use it as motivation so performance is the standout and not mother luck.Ferrari remind me of the rocky movie they will absorb punches and brusing tire the opposition and when they are done trying to land the knock out blows BANG BANG ferrari knock them out being red bull.I expect a very fast ferrari in Spain 100%.and red bull know its coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    That's even more concerning. Why didn't we use the new RW? Was it not working? We the data incorrect? It doesn't make sense to backtrack on the RW especially after being thoroughly beaten in the last race. As for the PU, it is supposed to help overcome the drag.
    Because a simulator is as good as its data; guess what, this was a brand new track; data? what data?

We don't need to be all doom and gloom here.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I'm not comparing him To Max and Lec, I'm comparing him to Sainz.
    That's Perez's "modus operandi." He attacks towards the end of the race as witnessed when he tried to "dive-bomb" on the inside to try to overtake Sainz but overshot the apex and went wide into the turn.....Sainz was smart not to turn into Perez to cause a collision....all-the-while Perez was down on power with a new set of medium tires.

Q: (Jesus Balseiro – Diaro AS) Carlos, did you consider changing the tyres at the last Safety Car? And if so, why did you stick with the used ones?

CS: No, because I would have lost position to Checo and in general, you want to keep track position, especially during the podium. I think you want to keep that position. I knew Checo was going to pit because he had a new medium. Our alternative was I use of soft or a new hard which for me, both of them were not good enough for 10/12 laps to go like it was the case. So we were better off staying out on our used hard which I think it was the right call because in the end we managed to keep him behind. But it was tight, I think as I said before, he had all everything, all the cards to actually pass me and yeah, a bit surprised that we stayed ahead because it was a tight, tight battle.

Fia.com

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Because a simulator is as good as its data; guess what, this was a brand new track; data? what data?

agreed on both points.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

Exactly!! In situations like this you gamble. We did it ,RedBull did it we fell sort their's was better. This happens, let's move on !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Here's my take with regards to RedBulls upgrade spending vs Ferrari's upgrade spending. RedBull currently is the rabbit in the race. They're spending like crazy to keep up with Ferrari while depleting their budget cap. Ferrari are cautiously waiting by the sidelines with very little upgrades and keeping their budget cap in the balance of a 23 race season. I would the same mindset is at Mercedes as well. So, we could see a strong resurgence with Ferrari thourghout the season.....and possibly Mercedes as well while RedBull slowly wains and falls short due to their spending way too early because of the budget cap. That's my take on it.
    I hope so. and lets hope the upgrade scheduled for next round shouldn't have a correlation problem, which I'm not sure they already solve it, due to many information or rumors, regarding the update they try in the last 2 gp and but the result looks unpromising..

Hope FIA can managed to find a way to monitor the budget usage for each team. if it's not, the good work from the team to build this year's car would be useless.

If Ferrari are really playing it safe with the budget, and RB are overspending out of desperation, then Ferrari should run away with the championships towards the end of the season. Hopefully playing the long game pays out.

I do expect to be some controversy as RB runs out of money, and by controversy I mean a lot of crying.

Well, so far, the only time Max hasn't won this season, is when his car failed him. He's chased down Charles in every race so far this year. It's obvious the Red Bull is a faster car with the Honda engine. Ferrari didn't do enough to top end this engine. As the car is a sitting duck for the Honda in the straightaway's. They'll get destroyed in Spain, could make a 1,2 in Monaco. But, unless they put some balls in that engine, after Monaco it's over. And don't think Mercedes are sitting on their laurels either.

Quote Originally Posted by BAT340 View Post
    Well, so far, the only time Max hasn't won this season, is when his car failed him. He's chased down Charles in every race so far this year. It's obvious the Red Bull is a faster car with the Honda engine. Ferrari didn't do enough to top end this engine. As the car is a sitting duck for the Honda in the straightaway's. They'll get destroyed in Spain, could make a 1,2 in Monaco. But, unless they put some balls in that engine, after Monaco it's over. And don't think Mercedes are sitting on their laurels either.
    Are you serious??? The 2 dnf of Max he was chasing Lec???Where did you see that???? He was clearly falling behind and eventually retired. If he hadn't retired he would be 2nd and eventually he would leading the championship, BUT not that he would won those races!!!!
    Why when we lose ,some of you become so crybabys and see all bad around you ????? I don't say that everything is good and you should stop saying that everything is bad !!!!
    If we don't get destroyed I'm Barcelona, what would you say then, " Oh ,I'm happy I was wrong " ?? Well thistles isn't an excuse to be so negative right now and make such claims!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Binotto: "But I also think that at some point Red Bull will have to stop developing, otherwise it would not explain how they do it with the budget cap. We monitor the changes that Red Bull brings to each race & make an estimate of the costs: so far they have spent more than us."
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

@RobChinchero writes that Ferrari have invested significant resources in the Barcelona package (the first upgrade package of the F1-75).

#AMus: it‘s not the PU. They say Ferrari has the strongest PU but the Red Bull floor is generating more efficient downforce through the floor. That‘s why they can use a way smaller rear wing & have this kind of speed on the straights while Ferrari can‘t.

Ferrari did NOT use the new rear wing in Miami, Binotto confirmed that to @danielesparisci : "When we arrived in Miami we saw the asphalt conditions, it was very rough, so it was not the ideal choice. We had to focus on tyre degradation first rather than speed on the straight."

Binotto about the Barcelona upgrade: "It will be an important package, not the most important of the season. It will be a technical confrontation that will go on for a long time and it won't be a single innovation that makes the difference.But I also think that at some point Red Bull will have to stop developing, otherwise it would not explain how they do it with the budget cap. We monitor the changes that Red Bull brings to each race & make an estimate of the costs: so far they have spent more than us.The differences [between us and RB] aren't big, we're talking about two tenths of a second, which in F1 isn't much. Our developments will come, Barcelona is the new challenge. We have to make sure that everything we have planned works. As it has happened this winter.

RB-Max was given highest engine mode in the last laps to get away from Leclerc which shows they have aggressive engine mapping at store.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    RB-Max was given highest engine mode in the last laps to get away from Leclerc which shows they have aggressive engine mapping at store.
    Ιt might, but again I don't worry about this and straight line speed. I think that Lec just lift because he stress his tires. His pace drop from Sainz also!!! Vers FL was just 0.127 s faster then Lec and this with bis higher engine mode (it was on the last laps) so nothing to worry about . I'll say ot again. We lost the race simply because surprisingly we lost on traction zones (exit before the straights) to RedBull. Where we excell on qualifying, suddenly the picture turned upside down on the race.Lec couldn't keep with Mex on the exits and he didn't have enough time/ track to pass Max. Ves did it o his pass lap. He glued behind Charles on the exit of the last corner and managed easily to pass him on the straight of the finish line!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Ιt might, but again I don't worry about this and straight line speed. I think that Lec just lift because he stress his tires. His pace drop from Sainz also!!! Vers FL was just 0.127 s faster then Lec and this with bis higher engine mode (it was on the last laps) so nothing to worry about . I'll say ot again. We lost the race simply because surprisingly we lost on traction zones (exit before the straights) to RedBull. Where we excell on qualifying, suddenly the picture turned upside down on the race.Lec couldn't keep with Mex on the exits and he didn't have enough time/ track to pass Max. Ves did it o his pass lap. He glued behind Charles on the exit of the last corner and managed easily to pass him on the straight of the finish line!!!
    RB has better mechanical grip now around the corners. Yes I agree with you, RB is faster but not by much, might be around .1-.2ths. Hope Barcelona package gives us enough advantage & some buffer as well.

Just wanted to say well done to Carlos for bouncing back after a bad Friday session.
    He did well to qualify at the front row and manage to hold off Perez in the race.

Charles put up a great fight too, in the end Red Bull had the upper hand.

Hope we are more competitive once we get our upgrades

RB has better mechanical grip now around the corners. Yes I agree with you, RB is faster but not by much, might be around .1-.2ths. Hope Barcelona package gives us enough advantage & some buffer as well.
    Just confirming what i say !!!!

Leclerc: "The Red Bull had a lot more grip."

On hard tyres the cars were practically equally fast. A problem for Ferrari in the race was that you couldn't make up any more time in slow corners. Verstappen came out of turn 16 better on the 1.28-kilometer straight.

AMuS
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    I don't understand why we have not brought specific track related aerodinamical spec. We have the same spec for low DF track and high DF track
    Well here's the thing: we DID bring a track specific RW to Miami but then amazingly decided not to use it. That's what I don't understand. I can't get too excited about bringing upgrades in the next race when on the other hand we're bringing upgrades but not using them. That's worrying.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Binotto about the Barcelona upgrade: "It will be an important package, not the most important of the season. It will be a technical confrontation that will go on for a long time and it won't be a single innovation that makes the difference.But I also think that at some point Red Bull will have to stop developing, otherwise it would not explain how they do it with the budget cap. We monitor the changes that Red Bull brings to each race & make an estimate of the costs: so far they have spent more than us.The differences [between us and RB] aren't big, we're talking about two tenths of a second, which in F1 isn't much. Our developments will come, Barcelona is the new challenge. We have to make sure that everything we have planned works. As it has happened this winter.
    Are we hearing some fire from Binotto’s usual calm demeanor? I like it! I also like that he let it know we’re keeping taps on how much RB spend. Hopefully at some point we can get them back for ratting us out in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Well here's the thing: we DID bring a track specific RW to Miami but then amazingly decided not to use it. That's what I don't understand. I can't get too excited about bringing upgrades in the next race when on the other hand we're bringing upgrades but not using them. That's worrying.
    it wasn't really an update, it was track specific stuff that every team does for every race. just some media outlets brand them as "updates" when they really aren't.

i'm thinking this rear wing is meant to work more with the updates we'll bring in Barcelona, they tried to make it work with what we have now, but with track conditions,etc, it just wasn't meant to be.

it sounds like Barcelona however, will be a real update, they learned more about ground effect, they'll improve our sidepod design, floor, etc, with what they've learned

we need 7 tenths, and this is the kind of update that can do it

( i want to be 5 tenths clear of the energy drink providers )

Because there are ways to cheat the cap. Binotto is assuming everyone will be honest with their spending.

Ferrari is keeping tabs on RBR, okay. Let's say their assumptions show RBR overspent the cap. They go to FIA and file a protest. FIA can just tell Ferrari to pound sand since Ferrari barely hold any clout anymore. Then what? It's just a silly assumption.

Red Bull have already done their second sidepod design, two floor upgrades, weight improvements, and now another upgrade coming in Barcelona. It's clear they're deep into the budget.

Ferrari still have yet to introduce their new floor, sidepods, and rear wing.

It's more of a warning shot to Red Bull that if the title fight continues to be close, and Red Bull continue to bring upgrades race after race late in the season and clearly blow past the budget, Ferrari will go to the FIA for an audit investigation.