Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Monaco Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Very interesting comparison. Seems we are even quicker on race trim and have better tyre wear
    https://youtu.be/bUQcV3FFccE

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    i saw kinda porpoising in the helmet cam of Charles. but in spain we overcame this problem as i remember.
    Porpoising can be more or less controlled but cannot be eliminated since caused by ground effect
    So, depending of the tracks, the settings chosen may produce porpoising, more or less, in a mix with all the other factors
    Monaco settings require high downforce and soft rear springs (for traction) which both increase porpoising, while at the same time, this track may not require a low floor and does not allow the car to reach high speed. In summary, the settings for Monaco favor porpoising but this one should be less of a handicap there than elsewhere
    Last thing, they also could have use the old floor

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    Very interesting comparison. Seems we are even quicker on race trim and have better tyre wear
    https://youtu.be/bUQcV3FFccE
    Like Ferrari last friday, RB are unhappy with their Fp2 settings, so they will change them for Fp3

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Like Ferrari last friday, RB are unhappy with their Fp2 settings, so they will change them for Fp3
    Yeh, very nice Friday but everything could change tomorrow. I really dont see that RedBull could be ahead, but they can be quite close , like less then a tenth (like FP1). I hope things to stay like FP2 and have a dominant Qualy !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yeh, very nice Friday but everything could change tomorrow. I really dont see that RedBull could be ahead, but they can be quite close , like less then a tenth (like FP1). I hope things to stay like FP2 and have a dominant Qualy !!!
    Yes, it would be nice, we need points, Charles needs to break is Monaco bad luck and Carlos needs a clean week end (he can be fast in Monaco)
    On the over hand, we all know that RB is a strong team and Verstapen is strong too
    Let's hope

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    EXACTLY......they are NO where pace wise.....also Toto needs to shut his TRAP, as he says in 4-5 races time they will compete with US and red fools.....whatever

BTW, are you going to Montreal???.....since, well you are from there

I know I am.....ha, ha....been a LONG 2 YEARS sabbatical thansk to freaking COVID
    Wont be going this year bud, maybe one year we can meet up though if they don't cancel it by then lol... hopefully you get good weather while you're here, mid-June is a crapshoot in Montreal...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    i saw kinda porpoising in the helmet cam of Charles. but in spain we overcame this problem as i remember.
    It's a street circuit though, with a lot of bumps, so it's not necessarily porpoising every time you see him bouncing. Mercedes on the other hand, disaster lol, I heard Hamilton come on the radio and say he needed elbow pads in the cockpit
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Put simply this is ferraris race to lose.Red bull are not in the picture best they will be able to do is to close the gap while ferrari extend it.Remember ferrari have not tweaked the balance yet.I expect Charles from pole position will pull away lap after lap and will control the race accordingly.

Hi everyone! :)

I am new on this forum, but I am tiffoso like all of you. Really hoping that Charles can reach pole tomorrow without any bad luck, we seemed like the best car for Monaco GP. What do you think what will happen if Carlos be on PP and Charles second. In my opinion, we don't have any time to not maximise points - Binotto needs to be clever and he has to give team order. RedBull did that kind of job very clever. It can affect on Carlos, but Carlos lost all chances to win WDC - he was not good like Charles was in first 6 races. The pressure destroyed him - he's duty is to be a red soldier right now.

I want Leclerc's redemption on Sunday. I saw that chances of rain decrease from 72% to 52% during race. Just clean weekend and result will be maximum points for our boys.

Forza Ferrari from Bosnia!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlitos View Post
    Hi everyone! :)

I am new on this forum, but I am tiffoso like all of you. Really hoping that Charles can reach pole tomorrow without any bad luck, we seemed like the best car for Monaco GP. What do you think what will happen if Carlos be on PP and Charles second. In my opinion, we don't have any time to not maximise points - Binotto needs to be clever and he has to give team order. RedBull did that kind of job very clever. It can affect on Carlos, but Carlos lost all chances to win WDC - he was not good like Charles was in first 6 races. The pressure destroyed him - he's duty is to be a red soldier right now.

I want Leclerc's redemption on Sunday. I saw that chances of rain decrease from 72% to 52% during race. Just clean weekend and result will be maximum points for our boys.

Forza Ferrari from Bosnia!

Welcome mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It's a street circuit though, with a lot of bumps, so it's not necessarily porpoising every time you see him bouncing. Mercedes on the other hand, disaster lol, I heard Hamilton come on the radio and say he needed elbow pads in the cockpit
    He’ll probably want to “save” the engine again 10 laps in lol

it was good to see Carlos just 0.04 sec slower than Charles in FP2.
    He will have a shot at pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    it was good to see Carlos just 0.04 sec slower than Charles in FP2.
    He will have a shot at pole.
    To be honest this is not the track I want him on pole. He needs to be 2nd and finish 2nd behind CL as he is for sure Ferrari WDC contender

Pole will be crapshoot, even with Ferrari's pace.

Red Bull still have a shot at it. Hell, even Mercedes will. It's Monaco. Setup and the luck of traffic are the most important factors.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    To be honest this is not the track I want him on pole. He needs to be 2nd and finish 2nd behind CL as he is for sure Ferrari WDC contender
    that makes sense, but Charles has not done well here in the past. I just hope we get a Ferrari win.

Ferrari ( as expected) has not brought any upgrades to Monaco.

Red Bull has brought a steering and front brake cooling upgrade.

Mercedes has brought a modified front wing end plate and a front brake cooling upgrade.

According to ASUS calculations, Red Bull and Mercedes are already close to the end of their development budget, after their upgrades in the Spanish GP.

The experts predicts that; " if anyone plays fair, there can be no further development after the Canadian Grand Prix

FORZA FERRARI 

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Porpoising can be more or less controlled but cannot be eliminated since caused by ground effect
    So, depending of the tracks, the settings chosen may produce porpoising, more or less, in a mix with all the other factors
    Monaco settings require high downforce and soft rear springs (for traction) which both increase porpoising, while at the same time, this track may not require a low floor and does not allow the car to reach high speed. In summary, the settings for Monaco favor porpoising but this one should be less of a handicap there than elsewhere
    Last thing, they also could have use the old floor

thanks for the explanation guys

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    that makes sense, but Charles has not done well here in the past. I just hope we get a Ferrari win.
    Charles was the fastest driver their last year, he made a mistake while pushing too much in an inferior car
    I think he would have won the race if the team had had the good idea to repair his car
    Two years ago, he found himself at the back by bad luck (again the team) and therefore took all the risks as he had announced.
    No doubt that with the right car this year, he is capable of the best

That's not true.it was stated ferrari did not state the fact that they did bring a revised front suspension

For someone we're told who gives "excellent" feedback to engineers on how to improve and develop a car he sure does like to whinge and whine alot on the radio.

horner is such a smug git isn't he? I really hate the pally double act that of him and croft Sky force upon us too.

60-70% chance of a wet start tomorrow they're saying.

Ferrari and Red Bull trading fastest laps in this session on an ever evolving track with increasing engine modes.

did Lec had a new set of softs on his last lap ??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

did Lec had a new set of softs on his last lap ??
    I haven't seen him in the pits.

He was , but briefly
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Carlos goes straight on at turn 1, no harm done but he really needs to start stepping up now.

He was , but briefly
    Have to imagine they did change then, he's been pounding around alot!

He's had 3 sets of tyres apparently so far.

He had only one, according to live timing, but he did have 3 stints

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    He had only one, according to live timing, but he did have 3 stints
    Well the graphic that F1 tweeted is as clear as mud then