Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

2022 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Giuliano Duchessa

Ferrari: after using the PU1 in Monaco, the PU2 will return on board Leclerc's F1-75 (subjected to thorough checks after Barcelona which confirmed positive results), equipped with new MGU-H and Turbo.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Giuliano Duchessa

Ferrari: after using the PU1 in Monaco, the PU2 will return on board Leclerc's F1-75 (subjected to thorough checks after Barcelona which confirmed positive results), equipped with new MGU-H and Turbo.
    I just hope we have some luck here.

It's great not knowing which driver will win and podium ! I believe the drivers also feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It's great not knowing which driver will win and podium ! I believe the drivers also feel this way.
    Don't worry, #1 is Charles as he has best chances to the WDC.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

yah, carlos will be Rubinazed soon....stay tuned, it will happen

unbelievable.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

A clue :
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/sh...61#post1062861

Let's hope we don't get the typical Ferrari pit wall this weekend and actually give Charles a chance at victory.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yah, carlos will be Rubinazed soon....stay tuned, it will happen
    Thanks for the heads up notice! A podium will then due O K. for Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Don't worry, #1 is Charles as he has best chances to the WDC.
    If you say so! O K with me. Ferrari is the team , that's what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Let's hope we don't get the typical Ferrari pit wall this weekend and actually give Charles a chance at victory.
    We all here expect the car to be able to win, at least with Charles
    The strategy could be an important factor due to the likely appearances of the safery car
    Also, the car must be reliable and Carlos must finally find more speed, it is essential for him to manage to support Charles by being dangerous for RB and to accumulate points
    Last edited by Gilles; 8th June 2022 at 19:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    The strategy could be an important factor due to the likely appearances of the safery car
    Also, the car must be reliable and Carlos must finally find more speed, it is essential for him to manage to support Charles by being dangerous for RB and to accumulate points
    Charles isn't only competing against 18 other drivers and his team mate, he is also competing against the incompetence of his pit wall. The latter is a far more dangerous foe than the former.

He has a car which could lead him to victory that's for sure, but is the rest of the team up to the task? It's astonishing that the same team which designed and built a phenomenal car can, at the same time, be such a fuster cluck of screw-ups.

Charles isn't only competing against 18 other drivers and his team mate, he is also competing against the incompetence of his pit wall. The latter is a far more dangerous foe than the former.

He has a car which could lead him to victory that's for sure, but is the rest of the team up to the task? It's astonishing that the same team which designed and built a phenomenal car can, at the same time, be such a fuster cluck of screw-ups.
    very well said and put....i'm glad it's NOT just me that doesn't wear the "rosy pink glasses" adn think that all is good dandy and peachy.....well IT"S NOT.....the team as a whole has to pull its socks, work together better and ONLY then our golden boy Charles will win the CHAMPIONSHIP.....

here's hoping for a trouble free weekend, good car, good pit wall decisions.....and when all that is up to snuff....Charles will deliver

very well said and put....i'm glad it's NOT just me that doesn't wear the "rosy pink glasses" adn think that all is good dandy and peachy.....well IT"S NOT.....the team as a whole has to pull its socks, work together better and ONLY then our golden boy Charles will win the CHAMPIONSHIP.....

here's hoping for a trouble free weekend, good car, good pit wall decisions.....and when all that is up to snuff....Charles will deliver
    i mean, yes you make you're own luck, but there's a lot that just hasn't gone our way. Rain suddenly at 3pm on Sunday, first mechanical failure in over a calendar year....

Ferrari now have the fastest car, iam certain of this.Dr Death marko always has red bull up 2 to 3 tenths etc etc, the long Baku strait will show the ferrari speed and how the performance ladder has changed.I have a question mark on there Drs systems and weather it can be opened full without failure, something interesting to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Obviously Charles has the race wins, and Carlos made some mistakes, but even with these mistakes he managed 4 podiums so far, which is the same number as Charles. Carlos needs to cut out the errors.

Well people, it's Pride Month and some teams are making aware of the LGBTQ community.

Mercedes have a mulit-colored 3 pointed star on the W13's nose.

Alpine have the rainbow on the spine of the engine cover.

Get your skittles, wonderbread folks..................please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Obviously Charles has the race wins, and Carlos made some mistakes, but even with these mistakes he managed 4 podiums so far, which is the same number as Charles. Carlos needs to cut out the errors.
    Carlos needs Ferrari to let him know he's allowed to race Charles and the errors will disappear . 4 podiums and soon a win!

I wonder if Mohammed ben Sulayem (FIA Director) would let these teams, the ones with the LGBTQ awareness, run their LGBTQ awareness stickers at Jeddah??? Abu Dhabi???? Bahrain????

I doubt it.

Reporter asks: "So MBS, what's your PERSONAL view of some of the F1 teams running the LGBTQ awareness stickers on their cars for Pride Month??"

MBS response: "No comment!!!"

Carlos needs Ferrari to let him know he's allowed to race Charles and the errors will disappear . 4 podiums and soon a win!
    He’s the new Barrichelo, the #2 driver....even if he is ALLOWED to race Leclerc, he can’t touch him by a LONG mile

He needs to settle down in his #2 spot and be a good wing man to Charles, otherwise Ferrari can rip the new contract out the window and bring Gasly in....

Well people, it's Pride Month and some teams are making aware of the LGBTQ community.

Mercedes have a mulit-colored 3 pointed star on the W13's nose.

Alpine have the rainbow on the spine of the engine cover.

Get your skittles, wonderbread folks..................please.
    That’s why the canceled the whole Monkey Pox thing. It had a scheduling conflict with pride month.

I wonder if Mohammed ben Sulayem (FIA Director) would let these teams, the ones with the LGBTQ awareness, run their LGBTQ awareness stickers at Jeddah??? Abu Dhabi???? Bahrain????

I doubt it.

Reporter asks: "So MBS, what's your PERSONAL view of some of the F1 teams running the LGBTQ awareness stickers on their cars for Pride Month??"

MBS response: "No comment!!!"
    All you have to do is get a VPN and change your region to Middle East or Asia then go to these companies’ websites. Zero change to logos. It’s just virtue signaling.

Like Disney tweeting about not being racist but taking the black guy off the poster for the Chinese release of The Rise of Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i mean, yes you make you're own luck, but there's a lot that just hasn't gone our way. Rain suddenly at 3pm on Sunday, first mechanical failure in over a calendar year....
    That's not really luck though is it, good or bad when viewed from Ferrari's perspective? All the teams have the same weather radar, they all knew about the rain. It wasn't bad luck that screwed up the strategy, it was human error. Human error which went unpunished and therefore is bound to happen again. That's not bad luck, that's incompetence and poor leadership.

Charles' engine failure was lucky for RBR, but it wasn't bad luck on the part of Ferrari. Ferrari designed and hand built the engine. I am sure they MP inspect all the parts and check the metallurgy, have a cleanroom where the engines are assembled and so on. So it's either a QC failure or a design failure. Either way, again, human error.

It's easy to call it bad luck when you don't want to assign blame, but that is escapism.

That's not really luck though is it, good or bad when viewed from Ferrari's perspective? All the teams have the same weather radar, they all knew about the rain. It wasn't bad luck that screwed up the strategy, it was human error. Human error which went unpunished and therefore is bound to happen again. That's not bad luck, that's incompetence and poor leadership.

Charles' engine failure was lucky for RBR, but it wasn't bad luck on the part of Ferrari. Ferrari designed and hand built the engine. I am sure they MP inspect all the parts and check the metallurgy, have a cleanroom where the engines are assembled and so on. So it's either a QC failure or a design failure. Either way, again, human error.

It's easy to call it bad luck when you don't want to assign blame, but that is escapism.
    Human errors are part of life.
    Also, human errors are to be embraced in a production cycle if one expects improvement.
    Otherwise , one is doomed.

So , if you're trying to say "oh frack, human error", which is what I am getting from your post, guess again.

As long as we'll learn something from an error (if indeed this is an error), I am ok with it.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Agreed.

Also, human errors are to be embraced in a production cycle if one expects improvement.

So , if you're trying to say "oh frack, human error", which is what I am getting from your post, guess again.

As long as we'll learn something from an error (if indeed this is an error), I am ok with it.
    Given the track, the changing weather inclement.....requires a team to be HYPER alert instead of being "passive and reactive."

RedBull reacted with Perez because of Gasly and Seb changing to inters and the lap time difference between both drivers.

Ferrari reacted because of RedBull with Perez......2 laps later. Ferrari fell asleep.

Every team has the same data with regards to what other drivers are doing in lap times.

He’s the new Barrichelo, the #2 driver....even if he is ALLOWED to race Leclerc, he can’t touch him by a LONG mile

He needs to settle down in his #2 spot and be a good wing man to Charles, otherwise Ferrari can rip the new contract out the window and bring Gasly in....
    Your right about Charles being a #1 driver for sure. Charles just set a bad example for Carlos back when he got that Ferrari seat and beat hell out of Seb the #1 driver. Meanwhile as long as the big points come in with each driver I'm good with either 1,2 . In all actuality Micks bad luck driving is probably the only reason Carlos got his great $$$ contract. Enjoy the race!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 9th June 2022 at 13:14.

You don't learn anything from human error if you don't take corrective action to ensure the same error doesn't happen again. Otherwise you keep effing up the same thing over and over and over and over. That is not improvement, that is stagnation. Have you seen Ferrari do anything to eliminate the same strategic errors they have been making for a decade? Have you seen anyone fired? No. There has been no improvement on the part of the strategists.

I am not saying "oh frack, human error" That is what you say about luck. You can't control that. You CAN control human error by eliminating the humans that make those errors and replacing them with those who don't. Or at the very least punishing those who made the error, let alone repeatedly make the same or similar errors.

There is zero room for error in this sport. ZERO. No error is acceptable. Remember how everyone got on Seb for constantly spinning the car? The pit walls keeps screwing up and it's okay, as long as we learn from it? Come on.

Like I said in other posts; "The reward for excellence is no punishment" Do you want to be go "okay" at something you do? Acceptable? Good? Excellent? or Elite? Excellent is the least acceptable level and the first one deserving of no punishment. Errors are to be punished because excellence does not allow for error.

Excellent post! Error needs to get punishment to correct it. Example; too much garlic or not enough hot pepper in the gravy deserves a slap in the face to the chef .

You don't learn anything from human error if you don't take corrective action to ensure the same error doesn't happen again. Otherwise you keep effing up the same thing over and over and over and over. That is not improvement, that is stagnation. Have you seen Ferrari do anything to eliminate the same strategic errors they have been making for a decade? Have you seen anyone fired? No. There has been no improvement on the part of the strategists.

I am not saying "oh frack, human error" That is what you say about luck. You can't control that. You CAN control human error by eliminating the humans that make those errors and replacing them with those who don't. Or at the very least punishing those who made the error, let alone repeatedly make the same or similar errors.

There is zero room for error in this sport. ZERO. No error is acceptable. Remember how everyone got on Seb for constantly spinning the car? The pit walls keeps screwing up and it's okay, as long as we learn from it? Come on.

Like I said in other posts; "The reward for excellence is no punishment" Do you want to be go "okay" at something you do? Acceptable? Good? Excellent? or Elite? Excellent is the least acceptable level and the first one deserving of no punishment. Errors are to be punished because excellence does not allow for error.
    i'm giving Binotto the benefit of the doubt (at least for now). Towards the end of let's call it the Arrivabene regime, we were having frequent reliability issues, and not only that, we would bolt updates onto the car, and they would make us slower.

Since Binotto took over, we've seen updates that actually make the car go better, ( the PU update last season, and the Spain update this season ), and we've haven't seen mechanical failures for over a year until Spain.

Now, once that isn't true anymore, then we have serious problems. ( also, i think this race is going to be the litmus test for our updates so far )

As for the weather, the point I was trying to make was, yes, Ferrari could have done better given that the rain came. But the point I'm making is the mere fact it decided to rain exactly at 3pm. If it didn't rain, I think every member on this forum knows how that race would have played out.