Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    There are truly some disgusting people in this forum, I get it you are upset with Ferrari and it is your right to be, but being disrespectful to nations really? Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal do you even think about the stuff you are saying, don't you consider the sentiments of the members we have here from these nations?
    P.S. Discussing which nations in the middle east are developped is not our thing here in this forum.
    Well, F1 tracks are in the developed cities in the Middle East.....to include Italy and Spain.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Monaco gave me a headache. Yesterday Charles made that end. Now it's back........what a life......
    Ferrari now needs to look very carefully to what is wrong. No Italian panic, just look in to it and fix it. The season is not over until we mathematically can't win anymore. Leclerc will never give up and that's what Ferrari needs to do too.
    Meanwhile, we the fans, should not critisize but support.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, F1 tracks are in the developed cities in the Middle East.....to include Italy and Spain.
    If developped means to you cement and asphalt and some sky high buildings then good on you. How about human rights?

There are truly some disgusting people in this forum, I get it you are upset with Ferrari and it is your right to be, but being disrespectful to nations really? Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal do you even think about the stuff you are saying, don't you consider the sentiments of the members we have here from these nations?
    P.S. Discussing which nations in the middle east are developped is not our thing here in this forum.
    That was Nick and not me.

Having said that, Italy and Ferrari both need some tough love because neither are working properly at the moment. There have been unacceptable human rights violations in the name of fighting covid all over Southern Europe that boggles my mind. The stress test on the liberal democracies down there failed miserably. Not calling it out is actually quite mean instead.

I wonder IF Leclerc has a perfomance exit clause from the team, either due to mechanical failures or pit strategy calls, just in case things get worse.

Leclerc is under alot of pressure to perform.........why not throw the ball in Ferrari's court and make them perform IF a seat at Mercedes opens up and leave Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    That was Nick and not me.

Having said that, Italy and Ferrari both need some tough love because neither are working properly at the moment. There have been unacceptable human rights violations in the name of fighting covid all over Southern Europe that boggles my mind. The stress test on the liberal democracies down there failed miserably. Not calling it out is actually quite mean instead.
    Stick to F1.
    Forza Ferrari

I wonder IF Leclerc has a perfomance exit clause from the team, either due to mechanical failures or pit strategy calls, just in case things get worse.

Leclerc is under alot of pressure to perform.........why not throw the ball in Ferrari's court and make them perform IF a seat at Mercedes opens up and leave Ferrari.
    LOL
    Forza Ferrari

If developped means to you cement and asphalt and some sky high buildings then good on you. How about human rights?
    That's not F1's problem with regards to human rights. Ever heard of NATO??? It's a "club" of nations, to include the U.S., that "THINK" they are all combined to make a difference with regards to human rights, concentration camps in China, womens rights in the Middle East and so on and so forth.

How's NATO doing in that regards btw?????

Sports should'nt be a platform for 1 or 2 players or drivers "ideaologies" which consist of the countries wrong doings. THATS UP TO NATO!!!!

People want to watch F1 to get away from all that "nonsense" (at least that's what most people think it is)....but unfortunately, F1 is letting some drivers go "woke."

I am pretty sure Hamilton would not mind to jump in Leclerc seat. Guys Leclerc is not going anywhere. Things are bad now but I rather have a fast car than a slow reliable car and fighting at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Monaco gave me a headache. Yesterday Charles made that end. Now it's back........what a life......
    Ferrari now needs to look very carefully to what is wrong. No Italian panic, just look in to it and fix it. The season is not over until we mathematically can't win anymore. Leclerc will never give up and that's what Ferrari needs to do too.
    Meanwhile, we the fans, should not critisize but support.
    Delusional. It's over man.

That's not me being a doomer, that's just reality. I was careful to defend the team and give the "plan" a wait and see chance. It blew up like a rocket and 80 points behind Red Bull is fatal.

Mercedes under current regs and cost cap have an even lower credibility than Ferrari. Unless Red Bull offers him a seat, he has nowhere else to go where he can find a car that is better than Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    High time the Mediterranean countries were shovelled off to join Africa and the Middle East. North-Western Europe remains the last bastion of modern (Western) civilisation - although the Uk seems determined to become a Third World - I don't include the USA because it's a massive infected boil already..
    Maybe the xenophobic forum members that come from the last bastion of modern civilization could drive their chinese volvo to the races and start supporting north western teams like mercedes. and stick a fist up your ass too.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Mercedes under current regs and cost cap have an even lower credibility than Ferrari. Unless Red Bull offers him a seat, he has nowhere else to go where he can find a car that is better than Ferrari.
    We'll see next year... And I don't thinks we will be happy with what we'll see.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by nuni View Post
    Maybe the xenophobic forum members that come from the last bastion of modern civilization could drive their chinese volvo to the races and start supporting north western teams like mercedes. and stick a fist up your ass too.
    **** you too, ****..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well... this was just pure luck. As you said, our cars are nowhere compared to Porsche and Corvette. What saved us was an unfortunate puncture for Porsche and LMP2 car crashing into a Corvette. That had nothing to do with reliability of the competition, just pure luck.
    That's how it works WEC. It's an endurance race. That old 488 won lot of races in the past and it's soon to be replaced with 288. Af corse is a solid team, even when they are a private.

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    That's how it works WEC. It's an endurance race. That old 488 won lot of races in the past and it's soon to be replaced with 288. Af corse is a solid team, even when they are a private.
    Sure, but I would not base our hypercar performance on this luck. You can't depend on luck. It may help you from time to time, but it's not a thing you design a car around. Our cars had no pace at Le Mans and we are an unamanaged and unreliable embarrassment in F1. That's what you can base the "performance" on. And that doesn't bode well. But then again... we could be lucky, right?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

It's going to be hard to get a quick fix in terms of engine reliability for Canada, so maybe Ferrari would need to de-tune the engine in a track that needs engine power. In any case, let's hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Sure, but I would not base our hypercar performance on this luck. You can't depend on luck. It may help you from time to time, but it's not a thing you design a car around. Our cars had no pace at Le Mans and we are an unamanaged and unreliable embarrassment in F1. That's what you can base the "performance" on. And that doesn't bode well. But then again... we could be lucky, right?
    We had no pace because the ACO BoP changes took the pace away from us, we were heavily penalised for past successes. As a totox said it's a 24 hour race with survival of the fittest.

Wow, this weekend... just wow
    Up until this point, this season has been a cruel joke.
    A FECKING cruel joke.

I absolutely feel for everyone involved.
    I (as well as all the Tifosi) really wish we caught a spell of good luck.

It's really hard to have faith for the rest of the season.

This nightmare past few races has to stop, but probably no simple fix and penalties to follow. Charles must be so angry and frustrated and that doesn't cover how a genuine tifoso feels. What I'd like to say isn't allowed.

Max made up a 40 point deficit to be 36 points ahead.

Charles can come back.

The glaring difference is RBR has a great team leader who only accepts wins. Ferrari have a “leader” who just wants to compete.

The two team cultures are polar opposites and the results show.

The team is expected to accept failure, and people make excuses for them and erase any sign of dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

Charles can come back.

The glaring difference is RBR has a great team leader who only accepts wins. Ferrari have a “leader” who just wants to compete.

The team is expected to accept failure, and people make excuses for them and erase any sign of dissent.
    Red Bull aint won a WCC since 2013.....and only 4 in total...yeah a great super leader who only accepts wins right enough.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Red Bull aint won a WCC since 2013.....and only 4 in total...yeah a great super leader who only accepts wins right enough.
    What have you done for me lately?

Have you ever heard Horner make comments like “we just want to be competitive?” Really?

Ferrari USED to have great leadership. But since Todd and Braun left it’s been one incompetent buffoon after another.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Another power unit. Season is over folks. Stop watching….
    WOW, i can;t believe what i'm seeing....we absolutely had shiat engines this year.....
    it was all good and dandy during winter testing as it was cooler conditions, but in HOT ambient temps it seems that our DONKEY power unit is getting a little toasty and something keeps blowing up in it.

and is NOT just us, it's the customer teams having issues as well

and everything is pretty much FROZEN with power units, so can Ferrari play the "reliability CARD" in to try and fix the issues they have even though the things are FROZEN

LOL
    the funny thing is, well don't knwo if you can call it funny, but it is.....at this rate, the JUMPING KANGUROO Mercedes will prolly take SECOND SPOT IN THE WDC......sad but true

we are the laughing sock of the paddock.....Ferrari this year has built a time bomb of an engine......dont' know exactly WHEN its' gonna blow.....but the for sure thing is that it WILL blow

back to teh drawing board for Ferrari on engine side.....and with current FROZEN rules, can they recover that DONKEY of a power unit

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    You can laugh, but he is right. Since Brawn, Todt, Schumacher.... These guys are just AMATEURS!!!
    true that

Well, Redbull have seemed to turns things around ALOT faster than Ferrari has which says alot about the teams culture.

Waah waaah, we are not the worst team on the grid.
    the way it's going with the PU failures we'd for sure lose 2nd in wcc maybe even 3rd

but keep believing Ferrari can put a rabbit out of a hat this season.....cause the way it looks i'm NOT

Another fine mess. At least there's next year? We're long past embarrassment now.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

Charles can come back.

A team can have a flaw and be a great team still. Mercedes didn't always have the best strategy or pit stops, but always have great development, clear number 1 driver, and reliability. You can have one or two internal problems at a team and survive, but 3 or 4.

The problem at Ferrari is they have a world class driver and great base care, but horrible development strategy, incompetent race engineers, bad reliability, and a number 2 driver who's allowed to live with delusions that he can fight for outright wins, and throws tons of points away.

Think about some of the bad calls on and off the track. The team don't bring the floor to Imola, because it's a sprint weekend and they don't have enough parts for both drivers, even though Red Bull brought their updates no problem. Didn't use the new LDF RW in Miami that we can now see would've made it possible for Leclerc to win. Then you had a full clown show at Monaco. Those races alone cost Leclerc a good 25 points, and those were all internal decisions. And need I remind everybody that Sainz has thrown away countless points in Melbourne, Imola, and Barcelona?

Clearly, Ferrari thought their base car was so good, they didn't need to have updates on stand by ready to go. That it was ok to let Sainz delude himself that he can beat Leclerc right now. They made the decision to give the engine department the green light to start sending out PU2's that were clearly not ready, while meekly holding car updates. They put all the pressure on their Leclerc to make up for this dangerous strategy, and all they did was create a perfect storm for disaster that's now fatal for the team in 90% probability.

The strategy was clear on updates. Give them to Leclerc, Sainz waits next race. Sainz covers any odd strategy by Red Bull, he is not equal. Those two things alone would've saved tons of points.

Until Leclerc is clear number 1, and the team learn to not wait on chassis updates, this will continue.