Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race

So Leclerc and Max are even-stevens with regards to DNF's......each has had 2 in 8 races.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari update on Leclerc's PU.......it's gone, toast, finnito, vaya con dios, arivaderci.......

It's highly probable grid penalties will rear their head for Leclerc.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari are using this season as a launch pad for this new era.No one at this point can out develope redbull.Mercedes created a nightmare McLaren well so much was expected and its very poor, this scenario goes al the way up and down pit lane, the stand out is redbull getting all there ducks in a line.Ferrari have been hit and miss with issues, anyone who thought ferrari would be racing with no problems is very misguided.This will definitely be a season of trial and error for ferrari.Many races to go and the share of pain has not been distributed evenly yet .Expect the unexpected now prepare for the next battle.
    How many many “launch pad” seasons are you going to accept? It’s been a decade and a half of em.

I swear this forum is overflowing with Stockholm Syndrome. What the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So Leclerc and Max are even-stevens with regards to DNF's......each has had 2 in 8 races.
    Yeah, but their issue was a lot easier to fix....as was related to a crappy fuel pump
    Our PU issue me thinks it’s MAJOR problems, as they don’t even know how to pinpoint the issue....at least not yet

This who,e thing started ever since we introduced the upgraded more HP spec 2 engine
    Maybe our cooling is on the edge now and only good enough for the first spec, as I’d imagine that if you run the engine more in the edge for more power obviously it gets hotter under the engine cover

The look on Matia’s face was worry some

Time will tell but at the moment it don’t look too good

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah, but their issue was a lot easier to fix....as was related to a crappy fuel pump
    Our PU issue me thinks it’s MAJOR problems, as they don’t even know how to pinpoint the issue....at least not yet

This who,e thing started ever since we introduced the upgraded more HP spec 2 engine
    Maybe our cooling is on the edge now and only good enough for the first spec, as I’d imagine that if you run the engine more in the edge for more power obviously it gets hotter under the engine cover

The look on Matia’s face was worry some

Time will tell but at the moment it don’t look too good
    I am curious to know what let go this time with the PU2. This engine did not have a lot of mileage. I thought this PU was inspected when it broke down in Barcelona.

It could have been many things to cause a failure especially at track like Baku when the engine revs very high because of the high speeds.

One thing is for sure they pushed the limits with this engine before homologation for the next 3 years. It makes me think of Japan 2006 with Schumacher DNF where he lost the championship because of the engine homologation.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    How many many “launch pad” seasons are you going to accept? It’s been a decade and a half of em.

I swear this forum is overflowing with Stockholm Syndrome. What the hell.
    I agree. When is there a point where the people failing to do their job properly are fired? They've been there since 2010.

Alonso is one of the greatest talents F1 saw since Schumacher and Prost, and Ferrari failed him at every turn. The only reason he was able to compete in 2010 and 2012 was down to sheer driving brilliance to overcome lack of car development, and an ability to strategize entire races on his own, and overrule the clowns on the wall. They should've made Alonso a 5 time champion with his amazing driving, instead they tossed him out, brought in Vettel, and then did the same thing to him.

I can handle if Ferrari have a car that can't beat Red Bull straight up. That's racing. If Ferrari come home 3-4, 2-4, or 3-5, and win here and there, that's fine.

What I won't accept at all is engines failing, fumbling bumbling strategy, and chassis updates taking twice as long as rivals. Barcelona and Monaco were in the bag. The team threw them away like total clowns.

And now Canada, Silverstone, Austria, and France are going to be the kind of power tracks where Red Bull will eat up Ferrari on the straights. Fine. But if the team isn't coming in 2d,3rd, 4t, and is instead running around with its hair on fire trying to win unwinnable races, fumbling pit stops, strategy, and failing on track, not even in contention in case something does happen to Red Bull, then they deserve to be laughed at by the rest of the track.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    I can handle if Ferrari have a car that can't beat Red Bull straight up. That's racing. If Ferrari come home 3-4, 2-4, or 3-5, and win here and there, that's fine.

What I won't accept at all is engines failing, fumbling bumbling strategy, and chassis updates taking twice as long as rivals. Barcelona and Monaco were in the bag. The team threw them away like total clowns.

And now Canada, Silverstone, Austria, and France are going to be the kind of power tracks where Red Bull will eat up Ferrari on the straights. Fine. But if the team isn't coming in 2d,3rd, 4t, and is instead running around with its hair on fire trying to win unwinnable races, fumbling pit stops, strategy, and failing on track, not even in contention in case something does happen to Red Bull, then they deserve to be laughed at by the rest of the track.
    oh, they're laughing don't you worry....the whole SKY pad fools are happy to see Ferrari fail....you could see the grins on their faces.....THE WHOLE ENGLISH BIAS FOOL COMENTATORS, they MUST really hate Ferrari and really happy when they fail

oh well, it was good while it lasted, first 3-4 races.....at this rate we should worry about keeping 2nd in the WCC.....with all these reilabilty issues Merc will eat us alive and take 2nd in the WCC

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    oh, they're laughing don't you worry....the whole SKY pad fools are happy to see Ferrari fail....you could see the grins on their faces.....THE WHOLE ENGLISH BIAS FOOL COMENTATORS, they MUST really hate Ferrari and really happy when they fail

oh well, it was good while it lasted, first 3-4 races.....at this rate we should worry about keeping 2nd in the WCC.....with all these reilabilty issues Merc will eat us alive and take 2nd in the WCC
    And that's just the thing. How long will Leclerc allow himself to be laughed at? He's 24 and right there with Max skill wise. Fast as hell. He should've gotten an extra half dozen races under his belt. He's driving his ass off every weekend, and one thing or another does him in.

Eventually, push will come to shove. If Leclerc doesn't win a good 8 races by this time next year, and Mercedes overtakes Ferrari for second place in the WCC and start winning races again, I'd be on the phone with my manager for Hamilton's seat at Mercedes, no question. This idea that he lives and breathes Ferrari is delusional. He wants to win lots of races and have a chance at a title, and he's still young enough man to go do that wherever a seat is open for it. Maybe it will take running Leclerc off to wake Ferrari up.

are there any news what was the issue on Lec car?

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    are there any news what was the issue on Lec car?
    Overheat

I think one of the causes of the reliability issues is the fact that we haven't fixed porpoising to a large extent, we were the team with the highest porpoising amplitude, and although we managed to reduce it, we didn't managed to bring it to the levels of redbull. The fact that the overall components of our car and the power train were not designed with this bumping in mind may play some part... Add to that running a PU that may be using a mapping that narrows the reliability window and problems may arise. One thing is run the PU's Inthe bench, other is running in a bumpy foundation may cause some components to reach their operation limits. If so, and if we think we have a new suspension that can further limit/ erradicate porpoising, then Ferrari should bring it's introduction forward, as soon as possible. The new sidepods will allow to reduce the drag, but I believe our most critical issue is porpoising. If sorted, we could run the PU in higher power modes. But that is just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Overheat
    ice turbo or mgu ?

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    I think one of the causes of the reliability issues is the fact that we haven't fixed porpoising to a large extent, we were the team with the highest porpoising amplitude, and although we managed to reduce it, we didn't managed to bring it to the levels of redbull. The fact that the overall components of our car and the power train were not designed with this bumping in mind may play some part... Add to that running a PU that may be using a mapping that narrows the reliability window and problems may arise. One thing is run the PU's Inthe bench, other is running in a bumpy foundation may cause some components to reach their operation limits. If so, and if we think we have a new suspension that can further limit/ erradicate porpoising, then Ferrari should bring it's introduction forward, as soon as possible. The new sidepods will allow to reduce the drag, but I believe our most critical issue is porpoising. If sorted, we could run the PU in higher power modes. But that is just my thoughts.
    Or we could wait for Red Bull to run out of their budget?!

And that's just the thing. How long will Leclerc allow himself to be laughed at? He's 24 and right there with Max skill wise. Fast as hell. He should've gotten an extra half dozen races under his belt. He's driving his ass off every weekend, and one thing or another does him in.

Eventually, push will come to shove. If Leclerc doesn't win a good 8 races by this time next year, and Mercedes overtakes Ferrari for second place in the WCC and start winning races again, I'd be on the phone with my manager for Hamilton's seat at Mercedes, no question. This idea that he lives and breathes Ferrari is delusional. He wants to win lots of races and have a chance at a title, and he's still young enough man to go do that wherever a seat is open for it. Maybe it will take running Leclerc off to wake Ferrari up.

If he leaves then he leaves, doubt he will be leaving for a seat at Merc though....Seems like you think he is bigger than Ferrari lol

But at the end of the day he is contracted to Ferrari till end of 2024.

Maybe Michael should have left when his engine was blowing up on formation laps.....you would probably have called Todt a clown back then also.
    Forza Ferrari

Sounds like McLaren are the team for you.....
    Forza Ferrari

That's another matter. I'm still waiting on FIA position about the reports some teams will be going over the budget cap.

First of all, nobody is laughing at Leclerc. Second, you don't seem to realize there is much more that binds Leclerc and Ferrari than just a contract. Charles has always been a Ferrari man, it was always the team he wanted to race for and he simply loves Ferrari. - and Ferrari loves him. Besides that, there is a big emotional history between them named Jules Bianchi.
    Leclerc won't leave because Ferrari is his way of life, his way of racing. Yes, he wants to be champion. But he wants to be a champion in red. And one day he will be.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    That's another matter. I'm still waiting on FIA position about the reports some teams will be going over the budget cap.
    Mate, nothing will come of it.

Wolff is already pestering the FIA for a rule change because of his poor crybaby lulu’s back. The fia are more likely to change the rules to suit Merc’s crappy car than they are to police the cap.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    First of all, nobody is laughing at Leclerc. Second, you don't seem to realize there is much more that binds Leclerc and Ferrari than just a contract. Charles has always been a Ferrari man, it was always the team he wanted to race for and he simply loves Ferrari. - and Ferrari loves him. Besides that, there is a big emotional history between them named Jules Bianchi.
    Leclerc won't leave because Ferrari is his way of life, his way of racing. Yes, he wants to be champion. But he wants to be a champion in red. And one day he will be.
    And what's that way of "life" as you say. Kimi was Ferrari's last champion.....due to a technicality of all things.

Massa??? Alonso??? Vettel????......that way of life I guess is just racing for Ferrari......it's not winning a WDC title though.....which to me...is way of life given the talents that most of these drivers had or still have. Massa came close as well as Alonso by 1 to 3 points of winning a WDC title for at least 1 year.....but there isn't a repeat of that winning spirit or culture from within Ferrari.....and I stress the word WINNING....FROM THE CAR, TO THE TEAM PRINCIPAL, TO THE PIT WALL.

Mercedes wants to win in F1.....so does Redbull(more so now that they have their own powertrain)....you can sense it from the top down.

They will go over and ignore the budget because their goal is winning, not just competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If he leaves then he leaves, doubt he will be leaving for a seat at Merc though....Seems like you think he is bigger than Ferrari lol

But at the end of the day he is contracted to Ferrari till end of 2024.

Maybe Michael should have left when his engine was blowing up on formation laps.....you would probably have called Todt a clown back then also.
    He isn't bigger than Ferrari, but at some point you feel bad for the guy because he is being screwed over by incompetent leaders. I would love nothing more than to see him become WDC with Ferrari, but it's been proven time and time again that Ferrari refuse to change their culture and may continue to fail. They developed SUCH a good car and still end up screwing it up.

And what's that way of "life" as you say. Kimi was Ferrari's last champion.....due to a technicality of all things.

Massa??? Alonso??? Vettel????......that way of life I guess is just racing for Ferrari......it's not winning a WDC title though.....which to me...is way of life given the talents that most of these drivers had or still have. Massa came close as well as Alonso by 1 to 3 points of winning a WDC title for at least 1 year.....but there isn't a repeat of that winning spirit or culture from within Ferrari.....and I stress the word WINNING....FROM THE CAR, TO THE TEAM PRINCIPAL, TO THE PIT WALL.

Mercedes wants to win in F1.....so does Redbull(more so now that they have their own powertrain)....you can sense it from the top down.
    What did Alonso, Massa and Vettel win after leaving Ferrari?

Again with your only Merc and Red Bull want to win garbage....
    Forza Ferrari

What did Alonso, Massa and Vettel win after leaving Ferrari?
    Nothing.

Massa was never the same after the spring hit his helmet. He went downhill from there.

Alonso is cancerous to a team......his driving on the track is still there regardless of the car.

Vettel, along with EVERYONE else to include F1 teams and drivers, got screwed in the turbo-hybrid era....except Mercedes and Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Yeah, no, all that binds Leclerc to Ferrari is a contract. This is racing. First and foremost he wants to win. Leclerc has dream of being in the same car Schumacher and Lauda did that in, but he won't destroy his career over it, and if you think that you're just deluding yourself. Alonso and Vettel loved Ferrari just as much. They wanted to live the dream. Hamilton (who I have no love for) also wanted to drive for Ferrari, but he saw what was happening to Alonso and the culture and wisely left the problem of bringing the team back to the top to somebody else.

Red Bull have their act together. As updates are produced enough for one car, Max gets them before Perez. If Perez is leading a race outright, Red Bull have no reservations about telling him to move over for Max to let him win. Perez gets told outright "no fighting" and to cover for Max strategy wise. Leclerc wants that. He's entitled at this point. Ferrari not showing that publicly is an insults to his talents.

Yeah, no, all that binds Leclerc to Ferrari is a contract. This is racing. First and foremost he wants to win. Leclerc has dream of being in the same car Schumacher and Lauda did that in, but he won't destroy his career over it, and if you think that you're just deluding yourself. Alonso and Vettel loved Ferrari just as much. They wanted to live the dream. Hamilton (who I have no love for) also wanted to drive for Ferrari, but he saw what was happening to Alonso and the culture and wisely left the problem of bringing the team back to the top to somebody else.

Red Bull have their act together. As updates are produced enough for one car, Max gets them before Perez. If Perez is leading a race outright, Red Bull have no reservations about telling him to move over for Max to let him win. Perez gets told outright "no fighting" and to cover for Max strategy wise. Leclerc wants that. He's entitled at this point. Ferrari not showing that publicly is an insults to his talents.
    You must know Charles very well....or maybe you have no idea....

Charles is well up for fighting on with Ferrari even if you want to run up the white flag.
    Forza Ferrari

What did Mercedes do with Bottas last year? They used him to experiment on those higher engine mappings and sacrifice his races, so Hamilton could later use that data for his final "spicy engine" in the final four races.

Now, imagine if Sainz had been given that role instead of this "data program" that risked both drivers, and bit Leclerc.

Charles is well up for fighting on with Ferrari even if you want to run up the white flag.
    Charles has alot of food on his plate.....fighting 2 RedBulls, Ferrari car reliability and the Ferrari pit wall.

All Max and Perez have to worry about is the reliability of their cars.....that's it. There's less pressure on both drivers from a mental standpoint with Perez and Max. Leclerc has to sleep with it. I have no doubt Leclerc will fight tooth and nail to "try" to win.....and if he makes it to his contractual duty then so be it without winning a WDC title if that's the case. But, IF an opportunity opens up with RedBull or Mercedes, I believe he will take it and leave Ferrari on their merry way. I hope Ferrari proves me wrong..........time will tell.

Charles has alot of food on his plate.....fighting 2 RedBulls, Ferrari car reliability and the Ferrari pit wall.

All Max and Perez have to worry about is the reliability of their cars.....that's it. There's less pressure on both drivers from a mental standpoint with Perez and Max. Leclerc has to sleep with it. I have no doubt Leclerc will fight tooth and nail to "try" to win.....and if he makes it to his contractual duty then so be it without winning a WDC title if that's the case. But, IF an opportunity opens up with RedBull or Mercedes, I believe he will take it and leave Ferrari on their merry way. I hope Ferrari proves me wrong..........time will tell.
    He is not going to Red Bull or Merc end off. Max is there long term and Merc has their own driver programe. Absolute rubbish you do talk at times.

Max 2 dnf's same as Charles, he also had the DRS issue in Spain maybe you missed his radio..you probably also missed the Max party complaints bout the Monaco strategy...yeah but he has it all easy with no issues haha...Perez already told to not fight and move over etc yeah great for him Charles must be envious of that.....
    Forza Ferrari

Nothing.

Massa was never the same after the spring hit his helmet. He went downhill from there.

Alonso is cancerous to a team......his driving on the track is still there regardless of the car.

Vettel, along with EVERYONE else to include F1 teams and drivers, got screwed in the turbo-hybrid era....except Mercedes and Lewis.
    Dis kid spittin' troof.

You must know Charles very well....or maybe you have no idea....

Fight for what? Poles, wrong strategy and DNFs? YAY!

I guess yYOU know Charles... or maybe YOU have no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Dis kid spittin' troof.

Fight for what? Poles, wrong strategy and DNFs? YAY!

I guess yYOU know Charles... or maybe YOU have no idea?
    Signed contract till end of 2024 says it all, and possible already signed extension to end of 2026 says more.

But you will know better off course. Maybe he is not a whiny spoilt brat like so many on here.
    Forza Ferrari