Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: 2022 Canadian Grand Prix: Post Race Analysis

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,969

    2022 Canadian Grand Prix: Post Race Analysis

    Finally back in Canada, usually one of the favorites on the F1 calendar. An exceptionally exciting qualifying in the rain shook up the grid for Sunday's race.

    Red Bull were feared to be very strong with their great straight line speed, but Max Verstappen appeared to be what took them to the next level. He was on it the entire weekend in all weather conditions. Despite a load of pressure from Sainz in the race, Max controlled the race for a deserving win. Perez unfortunate mechanical failure, and while it would always be an unlikely task to beat Verstappen, DNF's will just never allow that hope to become reality.

    Ferrari were very strong in Montreal. They still have a very powerful engine and they very possibly had the faster car. Sainz was given every chance to put the fight to Verstappen with more opportune pitstops and fresher tires, but the Ferrari's big weakness was traction out of the slow corners. This was more evident with Leclerc as he was stuck behind Ocon. It was very frustrating to see him try everything with no success, but it was equally frustrating that Ferrari could not come up with a strategy to work around him being stuck in traffic. His slow pitstop only compounded the frustration. It's amazing that Leclerc finished 5th, as if it wasn't for his talent, I feel he could have finished 8 or 9th.

    Mercedes an incredible rebound race. Their cars looked terrible in practice, but were good in quali, and very good in the race. Hamilton opted for a low downforce setup, and I think this was good for the race and at times was near the same pace as the leaders. Russell who chose a high downforce setup was impressive in quali, but his choice to try dry tires was simply the wrong call, even if you can appreciate his will to take the risk for an extraordinary result. Are Mercedes back? Time will tell. It would not be surprising if there is some controversy surrounding them considering the recent rule changes, and their never ending development program under the budget cap.

    Alpine should be over the moon all things considering, but their day is a little bitter sweet with Alonso's picking up an engine issue during the race. Ocon was a long way off the pace, but he didn't crack in the slightest from the pressure of Leclerc. Some good luck with the safety car meant a 6th place finish, which is well above where anyone would have predicted. Alonso was the star of qualifying and was in an excellent position to have a shot at a podium, even if 5th was the more realistic best home. Bad luck and misfortune destroyed those chances, but still good points and hopefully we see some more chances come his way.

    Alfa Romeo didn't look particularly amazing in quali, but got it together in the race. Bottas kept fighting through the race, something he seemed to lack in his final years with Mercedes, and scored some points. Zhou again was mighty impressive the whole weekend, and at least was rewarded with points, though may have had the pace to finish ahead of his teammate, if all things went his way.

    Aston Martin still can't seem to put it all together, but they have climbed from the bottom of the grid to battling for points. If anyone was going to bet who would score points from the team, everyone would have said Vettel, yet it was Stroll that got it done. There was a very tight fight for that final point. It's a shame the broadcast didn't show it.

    McLaren had another disappointing weekend. The car just didn't appear to have the pace, but the team shot themselves in the foot every time they had a chance to advance. At least on Lando's side. Even though Ricciardo finished ahead of Norris, it's safe to say that Lando was the better performing driver on track. But it's a team sport, and the team failed together.

    Williams had one of their better recent performances, though it was only good for 13th. Albon drive very well, but could only do so much with a car that bad. Latifi is the real Mr consistent. Always finishing last of the drivers that do not have problems.

    Alpha Tauri didn't appear to be good enough to battle for points. Gasly again didn't look very good, but gave it his all and could only get 14th with heavy benefit from other cars not finishing. Tsunoda impressed with his speed once again, but his crash coming out of the pits was very amateur. Though it isn't like he would have scored points anyways.

    Haas well be have to wonder how they walked away with nothing from this weekend. An incredible qualifying result put them in prime position to score some points. An unfortunate contact that forced a perhaps questionable black/orange flag for Magnussen, though he had no recovery from that point on. Schumacher got swallowed up in the opening laps but had a mechanical failure before he could even settle into his race. A legitimate shot of scoring points disappeared once again.

    Driver of the Day: Max Verstappen. Class of the field all weekend, had control of the race. Perhaps did not even have the fastest car, and load of pressure from Sainz and didn't make a single mistake.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,734
    honestly, i don't think we can complain today.
    yes, we saw some pit stop issues but we have seen those happen to all the top teams this year.
    Verstappen had a great weekend and Sainz being able to put him under pressure must have put a smile on quite some faces.
    Leclerc had to drive a damage limitation race and although the result is a bit bittersweet, he drove an excellent race.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    honestly, i don't think we can complain today.
    yes, we saw some pit stop issues but we have seen those happen to all the top teams this year.
    Verstappen had a great weekend and Sainz being able to put him under pressure must have put a smile on quite some faces.
    Leclerc had to drive a damage limitation race and although the result is a bit bittersweet, he drove an excellent race.
    I think 2nd and 5th is a pretty darn good result. There was snags as you said, but Ferrari got the result. I don't think Sainz could have beat Verstappen today, and Leclerc did the best damage limitation he could do. Ferrari can leave Canada pretty happy if you ask me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinsomx View Post
    honestly, i don't think we can complain today.
    yes, we saw some pit stop issues but we have seen those happen to all the top teams this year.
    Verstappen had a great weekend and Sainz being able to put him under pressure must have put a smile on quite some faces.
    Leclerc had to drive a damage limitation race and although the result is a bit bittersweet, he drove an excellent race.
    Pitstop seems to be one of our classic Achilles’ heel, unlike RBR or Merc. Anothet thing is mid season improvement. Sad but quite acceptable.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,062
    Give Carlos a car that can finish a race and he will be great! Ferrari is still in it!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Finally back in Canada, usually one of the favorites on the F1 calendar. An exceptionally exciting qualifying in the rain shook up the grid for Sunday's race.

    Red Bull were feared to be very strong with their great straight line speed, but Max Verstappen appeared to be what took them to the next level. He was on it the entire weekend in all weather conditions. Despite a load of pressure from Sainz in the race, Max controlled the race for a deserving win. Perez unfortunate mechanical failure, and while it would always be an unlikely task to beat Verstappen, DNF's will just never allow that hope to become reality.

    Ferrari were very strong in Montreal. They still have a very powerful engine and they very possibly had the faster car. Sainz was given every chance to put the fight to Verstappen with more opportune pitstops and fresher tires, but the Ferrari's big weakness was traction out of the slow corners. This was more evident with Leclerc as he was stuck behind Ocon. It was very frustrating to see him try everything with no success, but it was equally frustrating that Ferrari could not come up with a strategy to work around him being stuck in traffic. His slow pitstop only compounded the frustration. It's amazing that Leclerc finished 5th, as if it wasn't for his talent, I feel he could have finished 8 or 9th.

    Mercedes an incredible rebound race. Their cars looked terrible in practice, but were good in quali, and very good in the race. Hamilton opted for a low downforce setup, and I think this was good for the race and at times was near the same pace as the leaders. Russell who chose a high downforce setup was impressive in quali, but his choice to try dry tires was simply the wrong call, even if you can appreciate his will to take the risk for an extraordinary result. Are Mercedes back? Time will tell. It would not be surprising if there is some controversy surrounding them considering the recent rule changes, and their never ending development program under the budget cap.

    Alpine should be over the moon all things considering, but their day is a little bitter sweet with Alonso's picking up an engine issue during the race. Ocon was a long way off the pace, but he didn't crack in the slightest from the pressure of Leclerc. Some good luck with the safety car meant a 6th place finish, which is well above where anyone would have predicted. Alonso was the star of qualifying and was in an excellent position to have a shot at a podium, even if 5th was the more realistic best home. Bad luck and misfortune destroyed those chances, but still good points and hopefully we see some more chances come his way.

    Alfa Romeo didn't look particularly amazing in quali, but got it together in the race. Bottas kept fighting through the race, something he seemed to lack in his final years with Mercedes, and scored some points. Zhou again was mighty impressive the whole weekend, and at least was rewarded with points, though may have had the pace to finish ahead of his teammate, if all things went his way.

    Aston Martin still can't seem to put it all together, but they have climbed from the bottom of the grid to battling for points. If anyone was going to bet who would score points from the team, everyone would have said Vettel, yet it was Stroll that got it done. There was a very tight fight for that final point. It's a shame the broadcast didn't show it.

    McLaren had another disappointing weekend. The car just didn't appear to have the pace, but the team shot themselves in the foot every time they had a chance to advance. At least on Lando's side. Even though Ricciardo finished ahead of Norris, it's safe to say that Lando was the better performing driver on track. But it's a team sport, and the team failed together.

    Williams had one of their better recent performances, though it was only good for 13th. Albon drive very well, but could only do so much with a car that bad. Latifi is the real Mr consistent. Always finishing last of the drivers that do not have problems.

    Alpha Tauri didn't appear to be good enough to battle for points. Gasly again didn't look very good, but gave it his all and could only get 14th with heavy benefit from other cars not finishing. Tsunoda impressed with his speed once again, but his crash coming out of the pits was very amateur. Though it isn't like he would have scored points anyways.

    Haas well be have to wonder how they walked away with nothing from this weekend. An incredible qualifying result put them in prime position to score some points. An unfortunate contact that forced a perhaps questionable black/orange flag for Magnussen, though he had no recovery from that point on. Schumacher got swallowed up in the opening laps but had a mechanical failure before he could even settle into his race. A legitimate shot of scoring points disappeared once again.

    Driver of the Day: Max Verstappen. Class of the field all weekend, had control of the race. Perhaps did not even have the fastest car, and load of pressure from Sainz and didn't make a single mistake.
    Either you're a Maxipad troll or you're buying into the SkyF1 hype.

    Here's what we saw on Sunday and Saturday. On Saturday, we saw Carlos pull a lap out in Q3 that was set to beat Maxipad, and he just choked in the last sector, as Maxipad often does.

    Especially on Sunday we saw 2 cars that were very much equal! We also saw two drivers, Maxipad and Carlos that are very much equal.

    What happens when my prettier ( not that Carlos isn't handsome in his own right ), and also a quarter second a lap faster driver doesn't have to start from the back?

    both teams are on equal footing right now, the Silverstone updates are going to tell us a lot.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Either you're a Maxipad troll or you're buying into the SkyF1 hype.

    Here's what we saw on Sunday and Saturday. On Saturday, we saw Carlos pull a lap out in Q3 that was set to beat Maxipad, and he just choked in the last sector, as Maxipad often does.

    Especially on Sunday we saw 2 cars that were very much equal! We also saw two drivers, Maxipad and Carlos that are very much equal.

    What happens when my prettier ( not that Carlos isn't handsome in his own right ), and also a quarter second a lap faster driver doesn't have to start from the back?

    both teams are on equal footing right now, the Silverstone updates are going to tell us a lot.
    Give credit where credit is due. I honestly don't even know what point you are trying to make.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Give credit where credit is due. I honestly don't even know what point you are trying to make.
    well they gave driver of the day to Charles, as they often do when drivers have to start from the back. Nothing stood out in Maxipad's driving or speed. Carlos was just as quick and you gave him no credit.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    well they gave driver of the day to Charles, as they often do when drivers have to start from the back. Nothing stood out in Maxipad's driving or speed. Carlos was just as quick and you gave him no credit.
    DOTD on the skysport broadcast is voted by fans (or at least partially), so it's a popularity contest too often. So for the most part, that "official award" is useless to me.

    Too often and too easily is a driver given DOTD simply because they started from the back. All those times Lewis started from the back and passed everyone like they are in a different formula was mostly down to the car, so can't just swiftly label him DOTD because of it. Leclerc did drive great, and it's not unreasonable to choose him.

    I mentioned that I felt the Ferrari may have been the faster car, Sainz definitely had better opportunities to be fast, especially with the SC and he got super lucky and dove in for fresh hard tires. Despite a great car, and new rubber, he still couldn't match Verstappen in the twisty bits or get a run into the brake zone or better traction out of the hairpin. In my opinion, Max simply out drove Sainz. I think had Leclerc been in the same position, he would have made it much more exciting.

    I think when a driver pretty much leads every lap and doesn't make any mistakes, and does this in a car that can't be considered a dominant car, it warrants a DOTD.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    DOTD on the skysport broadcast is voted by fans (or at least partially), so it's a popularity contest too often. So for the most part, that "official award" is useless to me.

    Too often and too easily is a driver given DOTD simply because they started from the back. All those times Lewis started from the back and passed everyone like they are in a different formula was mostly down to the car, so can't just swiftly label him DOTD because of it. Leclerc did drive great, and it's not unreasonable to choose him.

    I mentioned that I felt the Ferrari may have been the faster car, Sainz definitely had better opportunities to be fast, especially with the SC and he got super lucky and dove in for fresh hard tires. Despite a great car, and new rubber, he still couldn't match Verstappen in the twisty bits or get a run into the brake zone or better traction out of the hairpin. In my opinion, Max simply out drove Sainz. I think had Leclerc been in the same position, he would have made it much more exciting.

    I think when a driver pretty much leads every lap and doesn't make any mistakes, and does this in a car that can't be considered a dominant car, it warrants a DOTD.
    I can respect that, i don't think the Ferrari was the faster car. I'd say it was an even match, as it was between Carlos and Maxipad, and not having pole cost Sainz the win quite possibly.

    I don't think the safety car benefited Sainz immensley. If he came out ahead with fresh tyres, then sure, but he had to give up track position. We were a couple seconds short of that though, to my surprise.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    8
    [QUOTE=SS454;1064385]
    but the Ferrari's big weakness was traction out of the slow corners. This was more evident with Leclerc as he was stuck behind Ocon. It was very frustrating to see him try everything with no success, but it was equally frustrating that Ferrari could not come up with a strategy to work around him being stuck in traffic. His slow pitstop only compounded the frustration.

    Don't know how you can say that the big weakness was traction ... Definitely no evidence from Leclerc's situation as he was on older hard tires than the DRS train that he was trying to get past. The strategy was well in place to get past the traffic but was unfortunately undermined by the unusual slow pit stop. Ferrari have done an excellent job thus far in 2022 in pit stops. I believe that they hold the fastest time to date, so we really can't beat them up too badly in that regard. If not for the slow stop, Charles would have cleared them and in all likelihood, been fighting with Hamilton for the final podium spot. A frustrating race for Charles but still not bad and I believe Carlos had his best race of this season. Now lets upgrade the hell out of the car and bury Brand X.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,969
    [QUOTE=VSOPilot;1064432]
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    but the Ferrari's big weakness was traction out of the slow corners. This was more evident with Leclerc as he was stuck behind Ocon. It was very frustrating to see him try everything with no success, but it was equally frustrating that Ferrari could not come up with a strategy to work around him being stuck in traffic. His slow pitstop only compounded the frustration.

    Don't know how you can say that the big weakness was traction ... Definitely no evidence from Leclerc's situation as he was on older hard tires than the DRS train that he was trying to get past. The strategy was well in place to get past the traffic but was unfortunately undermined by the unusual slow pit stop. Ferrari have done an excellent job thus far in 2022 in pit stops. I believe that they hold the fastest time to date, so we really can't beat them up too badly in that regard. If not for the slow stop, Charles would have cleared them and in all likelihood, been fighting with Hamilton for the final podium spot. A frustrating race for Charles but still not bad and I believe Carlos had his best race of this season. Now lets upgrade the hell out of the car and bury Brand X.
    Leclerc could not get the car off the slow corners while following Ocon. They were both on old tires. Leclerc even complained on the radio about having no grip out of the corners. You could visually see him lose a lot of ground too. He managed to make passes after that as he came out of the pits with a fresh new set of mediums.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    605
    What do we think about the lack of traction then? It was clearly evident on both cars but more so on Charles because he was behind ocon. What caused this as we usually have good traction??

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    What do we think about the lack of traction then? It was clearly evident on both cars but more so on Charles because he was behind ocon. What caused this as we usually have good traction??
    could simply be setup. Maybe Charles chewed through his tires trying to climb through the field.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    What do we think about the lack of traction then? It was clearly evident on both cars but more so on Charles because he was behind ocon. What caused this as we usually have good traction??
    Leclerc was behind Ocon after having to burn thru all the competition starting from P19 and pushing thru.
    Doing that will (eventually) burn your rubber much faster than it's supposed to.
    So sure, you 'll have problems with traction, it's not that THE CAR has traction issues tho.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Leclerc was behind Ocon after having to burn thru all the competition starting from P19 and pushing thru.
    Doing that will (eventually) burn your rubber much faster than it's supposed to.
    So sure, you 'll have problems with traction, it's not that THE CAR has traction issues tho.
    Charles setup was for straight line speed, and that affected his traction out of corners, as well as being on older tyres... on fresh rubber, he made spectacular overtakes at the hairpin!!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    Charles setup was for straight line speed, and that affected his traction out of corners, as well as being on older tyres... on fresh rubber, he made spectacular overtakes at the hairpin!!!!
    Case in point on what I said.
    The whole thing here is that people try to find issues in everything.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    Charles setup was for straight line speed, and that affected his traction out of corners, as well as being on older tyres... on fresh rubber, he made spectacular overtakes at the hairpin!!!!
    Case in point on what I said.
    The whole thing here is that people try to find issues in everything.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    470
    [QUOTE=SS454;1064433]
    Quote Originally Posted by VSOPilot View Post

    Leclerc could not get the car off the slow corners while following Ocon. They were both on old tires. Leclerc even complained on the radio about having no grip out of the corners. You could visually see him lose a lot of ground too. He managed to make passes after that as he came out of the pits with a fresh new set of mediums.
    They both WERE NOT on similarly aged tires...OCO was on a FRESHER set of Hards and LEC was on significantly OLDER.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    3,279
    pretty solid performance by Carlos.
    Fastest lap and another podium.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    39
    Sainz explains choice Ferrari

    In conversation with Auto, Motor und Sport Sainz says: "In hindsight, maybe we should have tried the mediums. We didn't expect the safety car to stay out for so long and that would have reduced the remaining kilometers to be driven. In sixteen laps the medium would probably have been the better tyre and I would have had a better chance to attack Max."

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    pretty solid performance by Carlos.
    Fastest lap and another podium.
    For sure!!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,296
    For Leclerc, they went with a lower downforce set up to help him overtake, for Sainz, I don't know what the story was, although he's not as quick as Leclerc...

    I'm not certain Ferrari should have given up the points here, but what do i know...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    906
    The new low drag wing(s) produces much less drag and a little less dowforce. Its purpose is to replace the one used by Sainz, but probably compensated by an additional floor downforce, probably the one expected from the Sylverstone update. With only one set ready for the Montreal weekend, they put it on Charles' car because they could not replace it and so Carlos would have taken the start last if he had broken it (such a change is forbidden between quali and race)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,462
    Whats the story with both our drivers and engine penalties for the rest of the year?
    How many more grid drops can we expect per driver?
    we're number one

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,178
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Whats the story with both our drivers and engine penalties for the rest of the year?
    How many more grid drops can we expect per driver?
    well, we've done 9 races and there are 13 left
    so Charles has 2 good engines in the pool i think; the very first one has done 6 races and all practice sessions i think...AND this latest one he had in Montreal surely won't do the 13 races left

    so i'm sure Ferrari is working hard to pinpoint the issues they had with realiability, hopefully fix it and introduce a 4th unit later on once all the gremlins have been fixed....so yeah, he'll get more penalties for sure...

    but Charles has faith and he doesn't think ALL IS LOST YET.....

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well, we've done 9 races and there are 13 left
    so Charles has 2 good engines in the pool i think; the very first one has done 6 races and all practice sessions i think...AND this latest one he had in Montreal surely won't do the 13 races left

    so i'm sure Ferrari is working hard to pinpoint the issues they had with realiability, hopefully fix it and introduce a 4th unit later on once all the gremlins have been fixed....so yeah, he'll get more penalties for sure...

    but Charles has faith and he doesn't think ALL IS LOST YET.....
    PU2 blew in Baku. PU3 would have been free no penalty, we did that on Friday. Then we took further penalty to introduce PU4, and a further 10 grid places. Which would mean we have 3 engines in the pool. PU1, PU3, and PU4.

    But admittedly the information on this was contradictory over the weekend so I am not sure. Does anyone have conclusive documentation of the situation?

    edit: by PU in this context i really mean ICE, which is what blew in Baku and had the reliability issues. The general topic is PU components. For example, we definitely added a turbo in Canada which is a 10 grid place penalty.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    35
    From FIA's website if it helps.

    No / Driver 16 - Charles Leclerc
    Competitor Scuderia Ferrari
    Time 13:02
    Session Practice 3
    Fact The following Power Unit Elements have been used:
    4th Internal Combustion Unit (ICE)
    4th Turbo Charger (TC)
    4th Motor Generator Unit – Heat (MGU-H)
    4th Motor Generator Unit – Kinetic (MGU-K)
    Offence Breach of Article 28.2 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.
    Decision Required to start the race from the back of the starting grid.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by AVockins View Post
    From FIA's website if it helps.

    No / Driver 16 - Charles Leclerc
    Competitor Scuderia Ferrari
    Time 13:02
    Session Practice 3
    Fact The following Power Unit Elements have been used:
    4th Internal Combustion Unit (ICE)
    4th Turbo Charger (TC)
    4th Motor Generator Unit – Heat (MGU-H)
    4th Motor Generator Unit – Kinetic (MGU-K)
    Offence Breach of Article 28.2 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.
    Decision Required to start the race from the back of the starting grid.
    that says to me we have ICE1, ICE3, and ICE4 in the pool. I'm not sure about the other components.

    but future penalties will only be 5 grid places.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,062
    Has porpoising disappeared? I sure hope so with AOM in place
    Last edited by Brembo; 24th June 2022 at 18:48.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •