Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race

They developed that engine for three years!!!!
    And we get this as a final product

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Without losing the championship, the championship is actually Lost. Binnoto apparently said after Monaco that the goal is not to fight for the title this year but to be competitive. In fact, I now believe him to be serious mainly because of the powertrain issues.
    Problem is we will be nowhere next year. Mercedes will solve their issues like they always do, Red Bull has a bulletproof basis and we will lose like we always did in recent years when we didn't have a development time advantage of an year or two.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I didn't even know the race had started! Why do they keep messing around with the start times!?

Glad I missed it though,what an unmitigated disaster! I can't believe how unreliable the engine systems have been across the board for Ferrari!

By the way... Ferrari is building a prototype to race in Le Mans, when we're havving issues to even finish an F1 race distance. Seems like a succesful project to me...

This is the price to pay to get an engine on par with the front runner.

No doubt they are running the engine hard to compete with Red Bull. I don't know if that is what Binotto meant by not competing for the championship this year?

At least we are going to have good power for the next couple of years to be at the front since the engine are homologated until 2026.

Montreal should be good for us.

I think it's better to go back to PU1 for Canada. No point in taking useless poles when you are not going to finish in race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    By the way... Ferrari is building a prototype to race in Le Mans, when we're havving issues to even finish an F1 race distance. Seems like a succesful project to me...
    Along with Toyota Gazoo Racing..........and joining for 2023 is Peugeot, Porsche, and Cadillac for the hypercar class.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yea, we were all laughing at Mercedes this year but they actually doing great compared to us in our difficult years. When we fought for WDC in 2008, we were nowhere in 2009. In 2014 we were totally gone, almost in Formula GP2. Mercedes fought for the WDC till the last race and it did cost them, but they are still 3rd in WCC and soon can be 2nd. It's us we should be laughing at.
    Unlike Ferrari, Mercedes aren't lazy bums at development.

That's the problem. Ferrari did NOT learn from being out developed in 10', 17', and 18'.

Critics warned they were doing it again. Holding the floor that could've been put on at Imola for two races, and holding the LDF RW tossed two wins to Red Bull. The team instead brought a reinforced PU2 in a panic, and these are the results.

I'd add that Red Bull also learned from mistakes. They hated being passed by Mercedes and struggling in straight line speed, and took that into account for the new car.

All the team can do now is snatch the odd win.

RUS in front of HAM - this made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Along with Toyota Gazoo Racing..........and joining for 2023 is Peugeot, Porsche, and Cadillac for the hypercar class.
    Exactly. You just named all the teams we are going to be losing to.

I got completely screwed over by getting wrong timings. I'm very, very glad I missed this race though. It's really hard to defend this team sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Unlike Ferrari, Mercedes aren't lazy bums at development.

That's the problem. Ferrari did NOT learn from being out developed in 10', 17', and 18'.

Critics warned they were doing it again. Holding the floor that could've been put on at Imola for two races, and holding the LDF RW tossed two wins to Red Bull. The team instead brought a reinforced PU2 in a panic, and these are the results.

I'd add that Red Bull also learned from mistakes. They hated being passed by Mercedes and struggling in straight line speed, and took that into account for the new car.

All the team can do now is snatch the odd win.
    2022 is different due to the budget cap. Maybe Mercedes is waiting till the end of the season to beef up their spending to develop the car. IMO, we're seeing "excuses" from the Mercedes camp in their current position.....I hope I'm wrong.

I never believe anything from the these guys.

Maybe we are getting ready for 2030.
    it will have to be electric.
    Could we manage to develop an electric car

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Someone will be along shortly to say merc are deliberately making hamilton slower than Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Lewis post race interview: "I want to thank Ferrari for their double DNF and getting me my P4 position."

Driver of the Day, Ham, lol

What a depressing race for us, made worse by the other Ferrari PU breaking down as well.

Its hard to see what we can do to close up the gap, especially if our new PU spec is having reliability issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    What a depressing race for us, made worse by the other Ferrari PU breaking down as well.

Its hard to see what we can do to close up the gap, especially if our new PU spec is having reliability issue.
    2 Ferrari PU's broke down ON TOP OF Leclerc's and Sainz.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Maybe we are getting ready for 2030.
    it will have to be electric.
    Could we manage to develop an electric car
    We could have an advantage there. If the electric engine would go out as spectacularly as our ICE today, the emp shock it would release would take with them the entire field.

I am 49 years old. Into F1 and Ferrari since early 80's. Being Ferrari fan is THE HARDEST job in the world. There are great times, and then there are really BAD times. And bad times last way more than good times, and there are way more bad times than good.... When I was younger, I used to take it more personal. To feel really bad after defeat, and there ware planty. To be really down for days... Now I am not doing that to my self. I have made a peace with fact that they are just very old fashioned type of team, rejecting to inovate and excel. So why should I be so hard on my self?!?! No point!
    I am forever gratefull that I was witness to that glorious team of Brawn, Todt, Schumacher and be there for all that glorious years! Thank you for that.
    I feel really sorry for the younger generations, who did not had opportunity to witness all that, as winning cycles at Ferrari are very long! And by long I mean VERY! For Schumacher glory days I was waiting 21 years, and now since that lucky one from Kimi it is allready 14. How the things are developing I don't sea anything will change soon.
    Sad

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Different ball game, Ferrari are on course for a double podium finish at Le Mans despite being the slowest in class (BoP hit) thanks to the 488 being a solid car. I have every faith AF Corse will perform just as well in Hypercar.

Constractors championship is over.Carlos just cannot deliver.And reliability is not there.
    There is still a small hope for Charles.But is not just up to him.He will need speed, reliability and realism from the team.Luck also sometimes is important.
    Season is long but Red Bull acts like a championship team and we as amateurs.
    I just i dont accept Binnottos words that our target was just to be competitive...you dont waste two years just to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Driver of the Day, Ham, lol
    What a soldier with a bad back as well

Carlos lost gear box today or what it was?

Lewis should hook-up with Shaquille O'neal and do a commercial with Icy Hot Patch.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Different ball game, Ferrari are on course for a double podium finish at Le Mans despite being the slowest in class (BoP hit) thanks to the 488 being a solid car. I have every faith AF Corse will perform just as well in Hypercar.
    Ferrari, as a team, have been out of LeMans for 50 years. TGR and Porsche are going to be the ones to beat. I don't see much from Peugeot and Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Well... this was just pure luck. As you said, our cars are nowhere compared to Porsche and Corvette. What saved us was an unfortunate puncture for Porsche and LMP2 car crashing into a Corvette. That had nothing to do with reliability of the competition, just pure luck.

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    Constractors championship is over.Carlos just cannot deliver.And reliability is not there.
    There is still a small hope for Charles.But is not just up to him.He will need speed, reliability and realism from the team.Luck also sometimes is important.
    Season is long but Red Bull acts like a championship team and we as amateurs.
    I just i dont accept Binnottos words that our target was just to be competitive...you dont waste two years just to be competitive.
    I seriously hope Ferrari get off their high horse and totally back Leclerc for the championship. It has been clear that Sainz simply isn't fast/consistent enough this season to even consider giving him equal treatment. If Sainz isn't fast enough to hold up one or both of the Red Bulls then he might as well take up all the penalties for engine/parts swapping since it will be a 1 vs 2 battle against our favour.

There are truly some disgusting people in this forum, I get it you are upset with Ferrari and it is your right to be, but being disrespectful to nations really? Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal do you even think about the stuff you are saying, don't you consider the sentiments of the members we have here from these nations?
    P.S. Discussing which nations in the middle east are developped is not our thing here in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Carlos lost gear box today or what it was?
    Hydraulic problems. No shifting anymore.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse