Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Monaco gave me a headache. Yesterday Charles made that end. Now it's back........what a life......
    Ferrari now needs to look very carefully to what is wrong. No Italian panic, just look in to it and fix it. The season is not over until we mathematically can't win anymore. Leclerc will never give up and that's what Ferrari needs to do too.
    Meanwhile, we the fans, should not critisize but support.
    I'm with you on this one!.....all the while, the Ferrari bashers have come to the fore in a big way.....again!

I won't throw my team under the bus......Thats the easy route!.....Instead, i'm going to somehow believe in our guys.

Sure, we are allowed to be peed off at the mo.........But bashing our team in the manner that some do and have done, is actually more sickening than Ferrari losing the race.

Saying this, when we overcome this terrible period, then i'm gonna rub it in your faces, fairs fair.

Keep fighting Ferrari, the true supporters will have your back........even in these difficult times!!
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    "Aerodynamics is for those who can't build engines "... wonder who said that. This team is destroying the legacy of Ferrari brand. Useles for 14 years straight. I am glad I didn't buy tickets for GP this year, insted I am thinking about buying a flight to Maranello to slap everyone in the team to WAKE THE **** UP!
    TOO bad for me, i'm going to Montreal next weekend to be YET AGAIN disappointed by FERRARI.....had i had a crystal ball back i Jan when i bought the tickets, i woluldn't have bought them...

oh well, Montreal is always a fun place to go for other things which i'm gonna enjoy....as far as the race, well i'm not optimistic AT ALL especially after the TOO many power unit failure on our car

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    The only joy of the season is watching Rus beat Ham.
    this and of course Charles getting pole positions.....because anything else he is asking that DONKEY of a power unit to do....well it does NOT and falls on its face....

so we have a good fast car over ONE lap, but to finish first....WELL YOY FIRST MUST FINISH.....which sadly, we are NOT

Two years building this engine only to have constant failures and reliability issues. What’s worse is we are locked in until 2026, so we are screwed for the next 4 years. Maybe they need a 4 year head start to get the regulations right next time? I mean, what where they doing for the last two years? These PU’s and all relative parts should have been on the dyno 24/7-365. Engines should not be a problem after we tanked for 2 seasons to be ready for this year. It is so unbelievably upsetting. Mattia keeps talking about a cycle of winning, maybe he means for RedBull because he is handing them both this year’s championships. Gutted, upset, and shocked.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Two years building this engine only to have constant failures and reliability issues. What’s worse is we are locked in until 2026, so we are screwed for the next 4 years. Maybe they need a 4 year head start to get the regulations right next time? I mean, what where they doing for the last two years? These PU’s and all relative parts should have been on the dyno 24/7-365. Engines should not be a problem after we tanked for 2 seasons to be ready for this year. It is so unbelievably upsetting. Mattia keeps talking about a cycle of winning, maybe he means for RedBull because he is handing them both this year’s championships. Gutted, upset, and shocked.
    Engine development is allowed if it's due to reliability.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Engine development is allowed if it's due to reliability.
    I’m sure the FIA with their new Mercedes’ hire will let us develop our engine based on reliability lol. The fia had a pet for 8 years and it seems as they have a new one and he doesn’t drive for Ferrari.

Again, we shouldn’t have reliability issues after 2+years in development. Just my opinion, a rare occurrence is one thing, however this is happening way to often.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

At one point CL had 34 point lead in WDC, and now he is 34 back

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    As I said, this has to be some kind of a record.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Now we only hope Max & Checo does have 1 DNF each, also we get on top of our reliability issues first.

Saturday —> Charles pole position
    Sunday -> RB win

Is becoming a habit now. At one point no one will care Charles Leclerc pole positions & even himself will feel the same.

Ferrari needs to go all in with Leclerc and have Sainz as support to stone wall as much as possible the Red Bulls.

Too many point thrown in the bin. Ferrari needs to figure this out fast. In Canada, we need Ferrari 1-2 and no excuses.

Fastest lap/s - Red Bull

Fastest DNFs - Ferrari

Heartbroken.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I wonder IF Leclerc has a perfomance exit clause from the team, either due to mechanical failures or pit strategy calls, just in case things get worse.

Leclerc is under alot of pressure to perform.........why not throw the ball in Ferrari's court and make them perform IF a seat at Mercedes opens up and leave Ferrari.
    Huh??
    Some people just don't get to see who Charles Leclerc is. Leclerc isn't going anywhere, that thought won't even cross his mind. The guy has Ferrari blood in his veins, he will never give up. He eats Ferrari, drinks Ferrari and breathes Ferrari. Goes to sleep with Ferrari, dreams of Ferrari and wakes up with Ferrari. Many drivers say they want to be world champion. Leclerc said he wanted to give a world championship to Ferrari.
    And he isn't under any pressure because he just performs, time after time. The one under pressure is Ferrari's engine development department.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Mercedes under current regs and cost cap have an even lower credibility than Ferrari. Unless Red Bull offers him a seat, he has nowhere else to go where he can find a car that is better than Ferrari.
    Well, never say never.

Leclerc is a gem.

If Ferrari continues to fumble, we'll lose an ace.
    The guy is SO mentally strong.

Though, even if he wanted to move it would be a big risk.
    But, Porsche comes to mind..

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Heartbroken.
    Absolutely.

Just some random thoughts:
    1. After PU2, reliability went to 0
    2. Apart from Spain, which is not a clear indicator for a number of reasons, race pace isn't improved. The big upgrade seems to work, but only for 1-lap pace. VER and PER were miles ahead in Baku and without the (good?) call to pit during the VSC LEC would not be able to close the gap.
    3. Even though he was leading the race, the pace was not that great.
    4. Although the car is a beast (mechanically wise), my non-expert opinion is that the lack on the aero side. Just look at the porpoising and the need for larger wings.

The championship is long, but loosing 5 consecutive races is NOT good. Let's hope the bounce back (although I doubt).

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Just some random thoughts:
    1. After PU2, reliability went to 0
    2. Apart from Spain, which is not a clear indicator for a number of reasons, race pace isn't improved. The big upgrade seems to work, but only for 1-lap pace. VER and PER were miles ahead in Baku and without the (good?) call to pit during the VSC LEC would not be able to close the gap.
    3. Even though he was leading the race, the pace was not that great.
    4. Although the car is a beast (mechanically wise), my non-expert opinion is that the lack on the aero side. Just look at the porpoising and the need for larger wings.

The championship is long, but loosing 5 consecutive races is NOT good. Let's hope the bounce back (although I doubt).
    Losing 5 consecutive races would not be the end of the world on itself. We are not just losing them, we keep DNFing them. We gave Red Bull so much points that even if we would somehow start winning now, it would take a long time to catch them in points.

To go from the euphoria of the first few races to rock bottom in the last three races is hard to take for drivers, team and us. Why the sudden reliability issues which didn't show with PU1, but have been evident with PU2 and when the penalties start to kick in there's no way we will be able to regain the momentum when we have to start races in the midfield. Poles are irrelevant other than to get the best start and even that is no guarantee and no points awarded, it's finishing that counts. And dare I suggest some possible sabotage, because that's what it feels like!

Four Ferrari powered cars broke down today.

The look of pain in the eyes of Leclerc, Sainz and Binotto was terrible to see.

The past few races have been a nightmare.

The problem with Ferrari is that they have not found the cause of the breakdowns from Barcelona to Baku. This is the biggest problem. I am an optimist, but the 2022 season is over. I have been a big Ferrari fan for 30 years and will remain so until my death. This is Motorsport, where one wins the other loses and vice versa. Ferrari can develop an engine out of reliability, but I think that before they have a reliable car, they will need at least 4 if not 5 engines in the 2022 season.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    A team can have a flaw and be a great team still. Mercedes didn't always have the best strategy or pit stops, but always have great development, clear number 1 driver, and reliability. You can have one or two internal problems at a team and survive, but 3 or 4.

The problem at Ferrari is they have a world class driver and great base care, but horrible development strategy, incompetent race engineers, bad reliability, and a number 2 driver who's allowed to live with delusions that he can fight for outright wins, and throws tons of points away.

Think about some of the bad calls on and off the track. The team don't bring the floor to Imola, because it's a sprint weekend and they don't have enough parts for both drivers, even though Red Bull brought their updates no problem. Didn't use the new LDF RW in Miami that we can now see would've made it possible for Leclerc to win. Then you had a full clown show at Monaco. Those races alone cost Leclerc a good 25 points, and those were all internal decisions. And need I remind everybody that Sainz has thrown away countless points in Melbourne, Imola, and Barcelona?

Clearly, Ferrari thought their base car was so good, they didn't need to have updates on stand by ready to go. That it was ok to let Sainz delude himself that he can beat Leclerc right now. They made the decision to give the engine department the green light to start sending out PU2's that were clearly not ready, while meekly holding car updates. They put all the pressure on their Leclerc to make up for this dangerous strategy, and all they did was create a perfect storm for disaster that's now fatal for the team in 90% probability.

The strategy was clear on updates. Give them to Leclerc, Sainz waits next race. Sainz covers any odd strategy by Red Bull, he is not equal. Those two things alone would've saved tons of points.

Until Leclerc is clear number 1, and the team learn to not wait on chassis updates, this will continue.
    Spot on.

Every team has one or two mistakes but Ferrari is a gaggle or screw ups. It’s a total fuster cluck. Like watching a bunch of monkey try and screw a football.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Ferrari needs to go all in with Leclerc and have Sainz as support to stone wall as much as possible the Red Bulls.

Too many point thrown in the bin. Ferrari needs to figure this out fast. In Canada, we need Ferrari 1-2 and no excuses.
    DUDE, our main concern at the moment IS reliability.....too many power unit problems NOT only for us but for customer teams as well....
    it seems that ever since we introduced the more powerful PU2 we seem to have nothing but problems...

so what's ferrari gonna do now for Montreal???? revert back to a less powerful PU1 with supposedly 10Hp or so less.....OR stick another updated version same as PU2 that just BLEW on Charles car in Baku.....

i'm going to Montreal next weekend to see the race and surely WON'T BE LOOKING FOR ANOTER BLUE PLUME OF SMOKE coming from our Ferraris

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Huh??
    Some people just don't get to see who Charles Leclerc is. Leclerc isn't going anywhere, that thought won't even cross his mind. The guy has Ferrari blood in his veins, he will never give up. He eats Ferrari, drinks Ferrari and breathes Ferrari. Goes to sleep with Ferrari, dreams of Ferrari and wakes up with Ferrari. Many drivers say they want to be world champion. Leclerc said he wanted to give a world championship to Ferrari.
    And he isn't under any pressure because he just performs, time after time. The one under pressure is Ferrari's engine development department.
    It was a hypothetical. Time is short is all I'm saying and to put your WHOLE ENTIRE FAITH on Ferrari can be.......exhausting and frustrating......and starts to weigh in on the human mind. Leclerc's stock is still high and he should use it to his advantage IF the opportunity should present itself in a top 3 team.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    TOO bad for me, i'm going to Montreal next weekend to be YET AGAIN disappointed by FERRARI.....had i had a crystal ball back i Jan when i bought the tickets, i woluldn't have bought them...

oh well, Montreal is always a fun place to go for other things which i'm gonna enjoy....as far as the race, well i'm not optimistic AT ALL especially after the TOO many power unit failure on our car
    Hope you will get surprise there and Ferrari wins and we are happy and back to business. That track should be better for us?

It was a hypothetical. Time is short is all I'm saying and to put your WHOLE ENTIRE FAITH on Ferrari can be.......exhausting and frustrating......and starts to weigh in on the human mind. Leclerc's stock is still high and he should use it to his advantage IF the opportunity should present itself in a top 3 team.
    He is in a top 3 team.....Red Bull or Merc won't be needing him any time soon, why would they?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Hope you will get surprise there and Ferrari wins and we are happy and back to business. That track should be better for us?
    Looking at the quali performance at Baku. I am sure in quali, leclerc will lock the pole unless a mistake from him. I am not concerned on race pace at the moment. Worry is reliability.

3 DNF’s from Sainz, 2 DNF’s (Power Unit issues) from Leclerc. This is the main concern.

We can ask FIA on reliability terms we can unlock performance as well, but this will take time. Not an overnight fix.

If we have one more DNF in any near by races, It’s better to focus on Next year & work on engine reliability.
    Introduce as many 4 or 5 PU’s this year & put up some show.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He is in a top 3 team.....Red Bull or Merc won't be needing him any time soon, why would they?
    I said IF the opportunity presented itself. For example, IF Lewis quits this year and a seat is available at Mercedes, then he should take it.....instead of sitting around with Ferrari while they "find themselves." Binotto said they are not fighting for the championship.....but Leclerc is trying to fight for the championship. Like I said, it must be frustrating for Leclerc.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I said IF the opportunity presented itself. For example, IF Lewis quits this year and a seat is available at Mercedes, then he should take it.....instead of sitting around with Ferrari while they "find themselves." Binotto said they are not fighting for the championship.....but Leclerc is trying to fight for the championship. Like I said, it must be frustrating for Leclerc.
    I imagine he would rather just stay at Ferrari.....you are taking those translated quotes from Binotto way too seriously....
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari are using this season as a launch pad for this new era.No one at this point can out develope redbull.Mercedes created a nightmare McLaren well so much was expected and its very poor, this scenario goes al the way up and down pit lane, the stand out is redbull getting all there ducks in a line.Ferrari have been hit and miss with issues, anyone who thought ferrari would be racing with no problems is very misguided.This will definitely be a season of trial and error for ferrari.Many races to go and the share of pain has not been distributed evenly yet .Expect the unexpected now prepare for the next battle.