Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Canadian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Agent Fernando running into Verstappen into turn one would be something else man.
    El Plan...

Agent Fernando running into Verstappen into turn one would be something else man.
    That's what we all hope for but he'll probably tangle with Sainz knowing our luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    That's what we all hope for but he'll probably tangle with Sainz knowing our luck!

true we're bad luck magents lately

What's so sad is how there's a high probability of this playing out.

Hahahaha. Well. That sucked. Good thing I was working on my garage and didn’t waste time on this.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Hahahaha. Well. That sucked. Good thing I was working on my garage and didn’t waste time on this.
    Plenty of guns in that pickup truck of yours?

If we look the situation with a realistic view ,the chances for the WCC are tiny.But Charles is in the mix for WDC even he manage to finish 5-6.So i think everything better than that would be a good result .
    I expect him and Checo overtake a lot of cars lap by lap.
    If Nando or Sainz could jump Max would be great...if i had to bet i would bet on Nando ofcourse...Carlos clearly is not there.

Being a little harsh let's see what happens, pole means nothing , look at how many ferrari have had with Charles only for it all to end in tears.Alonso hope fully can give max some hard times at the start with his race craft.As usuall expect the unexpected as usual, in this f1 circus.

They should try a two-stop for Carlos tomorrow. The pitlane is really short here and he's got no-one that can trouble him from behind in the first part of the race once he's past Alonso. Nothing to lose and it may well be faster than the cookie-cutter strategy. Especially if he goes on the softs towards the end.

Charles has a great chance at a podium. If Carlos is P2 and within his pit stop window, bring him in and allow him to set fastest lap. We can't play nice with Bully Bulls no more. I'm still mad at Arrivabene for keeping Kimi ahead of Seb in Austria 2018 for no apparent reason. He was never passing Verstappen anyway in the last few corners.

Lec did run in Q1 so he could start 19 with Tsunoda.
    penalty.
    That's 1 place in the bag for tomorrow!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Damn. Max is just unbeatable right now.

Good for Alonso!

Yeesh. Ferrari just can't count on Sainz at all. That last corner?
    Max is not unbeatable at all. Leclerc would have done it today just like he usually does.

Good for Alonso, yes. He is still a terrific driver.

Sainz........hmm......true. When Leclerc is not there, Sainz must take P2. You can't expect him to beat Max, but P2 is an absolute must. But he doesn't do it.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Sainz needs to deliver no doubt he is firmly in the eyes of the italian media that will ridicule him to no end.Not being on the podium tomorrow is not an option for sainz, I hope he converts pressure into a positive outcome its in his hands.Charles will take care of perez and with a new engine that does not fail will make his way through the field Easily, this is where Charles excels and actually loves it and is a driver for any f1 driver with blood in his veins.As for max well max is max and it all depends on what side of the bed he gets up from , from implosion to spectacular who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Max is not unbeatable at all. Leclerc would have done it today just like he usually does.

Good for Alonso, yes. He is still a terrific driver.

Sainz........hmm......true. When Leclerc is not there, Sainz must take P2. You can't expect him to beat Max, but P2 is an absolute must. But he doesn't do it.
    Max's race pace is the benchmark, no way around it. He keeps his tires in shape and his race craft is as good as Charles.

I'm going to be fair to Sainz for a moment. It wouldn't matter if Leclerc was on pole. He'd struggle to defend against that Red Bull straight line speed just like Sainz. He might hold Max off for a bit, but really becomes a matter of "when" and not "if" at the moment.

Ferrari are learning one of the lessons Red Bull had to learn last year, and in 2020. It is better to have straight line speed and sacrifice some aspects of cornering. With DRS, a car behind can get a tow from literally a second back, and just wait for the car in front's tires to drop off, as what we're seeing in Ferrari. Red Bull had that problem for most of the second half in 21', and it almost cost them a championship. Obviously, I'm not saying build a car like Renault/Apline that has great straight line but otherwise drives likes a dart and has no downforce. But this isn't the 2000's. DRS makes defensive driving difficult when you have "meh" straight line speed and your closest rivals are only losing 2 tenths in cornering.

DRS just makes the races boring at times, because whoever has that advantage can just drive by someone on the straights.

Brawn wants it gone and Ferrari should either start a movement to get rid of it, or build a car for DRS. That's what Newey did.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Max's race pace is the benchmark, no way around it. He keeps his tires in shape and his race craft is as good as Charles.

I'm going to be fair to Sainz for a moment. It wouldn't matter if Leclerc was on pole. He'd struggle to defend against that Red Bull straight line speed just like Sainz. He might hold Max off for a bit, but really becomes a matter of "when" and not "if" at the moment.

Ferrari are learning one of the lessons Red Bull had to learn last year, and in 2020. It is better to have straight line speed and sacrifice some aspects of cornering. With DRS, a car behind can get a tow from literally a second back, and just wait for the car in front's tires to drop off, as what we're seeing in Ferrari. Red Bull had that problem for most of the second half in 21', and it almost cost them a championship. Obviously, I'm not saying build a car like Renault/Apline that has great straight line but otherwise drives likes a dart and has no downforce. But this isn't the 2000's. DRS makes defensive driving difficult when you have "meh" straight line speed and your closest rivals are only losing 2 tenths in cornering.

DRS just makes the races boring at times, because whoever has that advantage can just drive by someone on the straights.

Brawn wants it gone and Ferrari should either start a movement to get rid of it, or build a car for DRS. That's what Newey did.
    Ferrari tried to get the fast straight line speed experiment and it's called the 2019 season. The 2018 season, we had a very good car in straight line and cornering, we should of won the championship. The secret to Red Bull is HONDA POWER.

Engine power makes you get away with having more downforce, of course there is more to an F1 car than power I agree but it always part of a winning car.

If Ferrari modify their sidepods come Silverstone and gets as a result less drag then we might have for the rest of the season a car that is going to be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Ferrari tried to get the fast straight line speed experiment and it's called the 2019 season. The 2018 season, we had a very good car in straight line and cornering, we should of won the championship. The secret to Red Bull is HONDA POWER.

Engine power makes you get away with having more downforce, of course there is more to an F1 car than power I agree but it always part of a winning car.

If Ferrari modify their sidepods come Silverstone and gets as a result less drag then we might have for the rest of the season a car that is going to be hard to beat.
    You've hit on it. Silverstone is going to tell us a lot about the rest of the season. The Fizzy Drink guys are going to bring updates too, so this update package will really tell us if Ferrari has a shot to close this defecit.

( also, we might get new suspension then too, improve tyre wear, decrease porposing with the new sidepods and suspension, there's a lot to gain )

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    You've hit on it. Silverstone is going to tell us a lot about the rest of the season. The Fizzy Drink guys are going to bring updates too, so this update package will really tell us if Ferrari has a shot to close this defecit.

( also, we might get new suspension then too, improve tyre wear, decrease porposing with the new sidepods and suspension, there's a lot to gain )
    I agree, I forgot we are due for anti porposing rear suspension.

We got more downforce to play with but less drag would put us over the top and maybe some ballast play with weight reduction would be a plus too.

I agree, I forgot we are due for anti porposing rear suspension.

We got more downforce to play with but less drag would put us over the top and maybe some ballast play with weight reduction would be a plus too.
    in theory Ferrari has more to gain than the Fizzy Drink cars, since our cars porpoise and thiers dont. If the porpoise is worth as much laptime as folks on this board seem to think it is. and with the technical directive they might be right by default

2018 the car just good, but Mercedes simply had more power. The secret to Red Bull is not Honda. They actually have a slightly less powerful engine.

Sidepods are a major upgrade, but I'm skeptical. The porpoising kills the straight line speed. That's going to require a new rear suspension likely, which I'd expect in Spa.

Plenty of guns in that pickup truck of yours?
    Never enough.

At least one at all times tho.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.

Honda power and most importantly Newey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post

You are right, and I hope they'll deliver...

Itís obvious from the telemetry that we have more drag than RB
    But, in my opinion, if there is no doubt that we can gain something by reshaping the sidepods, I donít think our speed deficit is only there
    We started the season with very low efficiency wings, to the point where we gained 7km/h in updating them
    If I remember correctly, our sidepods were called "low drag" and in fact, it is important not to confuse the projected surface only (S) with the whole SCx
    If you look at the Mercedes, even with its very small sidepods, itís not the fastest car in a straight line
    The f1 is not a road car, it suffers a lot of drag to generate downforce, the Alpine has a good top speed but lack of downforce, the fact is that RB generates downforce with less drag than others, due to their whole aerodynamic, starting with the floor
    Ferrari had an obvious handicap with its wings, but still has a lot of work to do to catch up with the whole aerodynamic efficiency of the RB, the sidepods canít solve enough
    Just look at the RB floor complexity compared to ours to understand how hard they worked on it

I can deal with engine penalties, mechanical failures etc, that's just part of Formula 1. I can deal with Red Bull being faster at times, Circuit dependent etc but it's the mistakes both with the pitwall and drivers and collectively we've made terrible decisions in the opening races. Wether it's strategy calls or driver's pushing the car beyond its capabilities. Again yesterday Carlos pushing too hard and losing half a second in the last corner. Charles in Imola. Mercedes are only 30 odd points behind us lol.

You can't win the championship in these races but you can lose it and I have no problem with losing as long as there's no regrets but when you make the decisions we have done it can be a difficult pill to swallow.

I'll enjoy watching Charles come through the field today hopefully.

That's not just the last corner wich was bad

Come on Carlos, take the win! Show us some of the feisty racing you did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    I'll enjoy watching Charles come through the field today hopefully.
    I hope too. They said he had less wing than Carlos aiming to overtake better
    Leclerc said he realized that overtaking was less easy than expected
    Last edited by Gilles; 19th June 2022 at 11:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Come on Carlos, take the win! Show us some of the feisty racing you did last year.
    Last year, he surprised me twice I think, no more
    Unfortunately, I don’t see him being able to follow Verstapen today
    He took 8 tenths in Q3 and in Baku, before his retirement, he was slower than the front runners by no less than 5 tenths per lap
    He’s nowhere so far this year, and Charles might even catch him with the help of a safety car
    Often I’m afraid to bore people here by saying that Carlos is bad, even if it’s to contradict Brembo’s provocations
    But yesterday, the members were very tought with Sainz, and we heard no word from Bembo
    What worries me and annoys me at Sainz are his often indecent statements, they are never realistic and never humble and for me it is a bad signal

Rubens Sainz has a shot at the podium for sure even if fans here would rather anyone but him!! Every drivers dream is to drive For Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Rubens Sainz has a shot at the podium for sure even if fans here would rather anyone but him!! Every drivers dream is to drive For Ferrari !
    I’m reassured you’re back
    Still disconnected from reality? (I know the answer)