Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Canadian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    It seems that way, at least with our reliability issues we have as well as penalties that Charles may encounter when getting extra power unit related parts later in the season

If we get more wins and give Maxipad a run for his money this season while we concentrate on bringing a beast of an engine and refine our car concept package even more for 2023 I’d be really happy....@nd hopefully that will be a beast

Of course I really wanted us to win this season especially after the promising winter tests as well as the good start of the year....

Oh well, it is what it is
    Well, having Byrne back at the helm of designing the cars is certainly helping Ferrari regain their competitive form. I'm glad Binotto got him to come out of retirement. Cardille is also proving effective.

The thing that's hurting Ferrari right now is the lack of a proper technical director. You've got the engine department bringing updates to the PU that simply aren't ready, you've got chassis updates being brought to races, not used, then proven effective later. That's the **** that's just unacceptable for a team with such a good package and world class driver.

At the end of the day, it's Binotto that green lighted PU2, and decided not to try the LDF RW in Miami. The buck stops with him on those rulings, and he has a lot to make up for if he wishes to keep his role.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Charles has already broken 2 turbos
    If on the PU3 they put a new turbo, it will be the fourth and Charles will be penalized already in Canada
    They can also remove the turbo from friday's PU1 to put it on the PU2 the saturday
    You're assuming, and you're probably correct, that the turbo on the car in Baku is no longer useable.

The first turbo is a lower spec is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    It seems that way, at least with our reliability issues we have as well as penalties that Charles may encounter when getting extra power unit related parts later in the season

If we get more wins and give Maxipad a run for his money this season while we concentrate on bringing a beast of an engine and refine our car concept package even more for 2023 I’d be really happy....@nd hopefully that will be a beast

Of course I really wanted us to win this season especially after the promising winter tests as well as the good start of the year....

Oh well, it is what it is
    I hope you have a blast, and will be as all Tifosi rewarded with 1-2!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    What is the weather forecast for Canadian GP? Hopefuly dry.
    It's raining today, tomorrow and Saturday. The race is still supposed to be dry. However I do not trust weather predictions here until the morning of, as the meteorologists here tend to be very wrong, very frequently.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    You're assuming, and you're probably correct, that the turbo on the car in Baku is no longer useable.

IMO, Canada is actually the best place to take a penalty, until we get to Belgium. Problem is they probably don't have an upgraded spec ready yet.

Which means we have to get through 5 races (Canada, Britain, Austria, France, Hungary ) with the components on Leclerc's car now.

Hope for cooler weather I guess?

Let’s try something new. Let’s win.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It's raining today, tomorrow and Saturday. The race is still supposed to be dry. However I do not trust weather predictions here until the morning of, as the meteorologists here tend to be very wrong, very frequently.
    Keep us posted my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I hope you have a blast, and will be as all Tifosi rewarded with 1-2!

Stefa, that would make my weekend stay in Montreal that much sweeter
    Me and my wife are just gonna enjoy ourselves and if Ferrari will somehow pull a win I’ll surely lose my voice from all the screaming I’m gonna be doing

Other then that I hope that all the fans on this forum will enjoy this race as well weather be it at the track like me or in front of the TV

Forza Ferrari as always!!!!

Looks like the FIA are making changes to the porpoising for safety reasons.

Teams are able to change their ride height by 10mm in the rear and no more than that.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

It was Binotto who said turbo 3 was broken with the ICE2 problem
    Then, not to be penalized, they may use turbo 1 on the ICE3 (maybe)
    Is there a difference in specifications between these turbos?
    Hard to know
    Last edited by Gilles; 16th June 2022 at 19:17.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Looks like the FIA are making changes to the porpoising for safety reasons.

Teams are able to change their ride height by 10mm in the rear and no more than that.
    I saw that, bad news for Ferrari
    Thanks to Lewis and....Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Is your meteorologist Franco Nugnes?

IMO, Canada is actually the best place to take a penalty, until we get to Belgium. Problem is they probably don't have an upgraded spec ready yet.

Which means we have to get through 5 races (Canada, Britain, Austria, France, Hungary ) with the components on Leclerc's car now.

Hope for cooler weather I guess?
    I’m afraid one PU isn’t enough to run five races, even at the North Pole

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Well, having Byrne back at the helm of designing the cars is certainly helping Ferrari regain their competitive form. I'm glad Binotto got him to come out of retirement. Cardille is also proving effective.

The thing that's hurting Ferrari right now is the lack of a proper technical director. You've got the engine department bringing updates to the PU that simply aren't ready, you've got chassis updates being brought to races, not used, then proven effective later. That's the **** that's just unacceptable for a team with such a good package and world class driver.

At the end of the day, it's Binotto that green lighted PU2, and decided not to try the LDF RW in Miami. The buck stops with him on those rulings, and he has a lot to make up for if he wishes to keep his role.
    I think he’s doing a very decent job, it’s not that easy to transform a pumpkin in a carriage

. @GiulyDuchessa reports that Charles is getting PU3 with a new turbo this weekend. So that means a 10-place grid penalty on Sunday.

#CanadianGP
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Least you can overtake here.
    Forza Ferrari

How does engine homologation work. Do they have to freeze all 3 or 4 engines in March but tell the FIA that engine 2 ice will be of different spec and freeze that spec in March in advance and same for all engines or they have to use same spec for all engines

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Least you can overtake here.
    We have to wait and see. You can overtake (track) but we will have the pace to challenge the RedBull in front amid being faster then them???AND we will have to wait to see how the new TD will affect us compare to the Bull's!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Yep. Leclerc's 3rd PU and 4th Turbo.

So much for a win here by Leclerc.

Win? I'd be happy if he's able to survive this race.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah rightly said. I see P3 at max for Leclerc.

If any SC then it’s lottery. But I see another RB 1-2 finish.

Thing is, the Ferrari has far more pace than Mercedes, McLaren, Alpine, and AlphaTauri. Leclerc will get by them with ease if he doesn't get in an incident. I'd give him 15 laps to get by all of them.

If Leclerc can be 4th at a SC and showing some decent speed, he can be let by Sainz (who I have no faith in) and maybe go after the Red Bulls.

Just a thought. I don't expect it. Ferrari are magnets for bad luck right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    no doubt....at the rate we're popping engines, turbo's, MGU-H's.....and whatever else, who knows....

but maybe Sainz will win it if Charles will get penalized for using a 4th turbo

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah rightly said. I see P3 at max for Leclerc.

If any SC then it’s lottery. But I see another RB 1-2 finish.
    what about Carlos???? maybe he can get into the mix and take P2.....so a 2-3 for US

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Thing is, the Ferrari has far more pace than Mercedes, McLaren, Alpine, and AlphaTauri. Leclerc will get by them with ease if he doesn't get in an incident. I'd give him 15 laps to get by all of them.

If Leclerc can be 4th at a SC and showing some decent speed, he can be let by Sainz (who I have no faith in) and maybe go after the Red Bulls.

Just a thought. I don't expect it. Ferrari are magnets for bad luck right now.
    i totally have to agree wiht you on that one

I feel bad for everyone going to Crescent today, there's a tornado warning in effect lol

Well, hope for cool weather the next 5 races then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Is your meteorologist Franco Nugnes?
    Hahahaha, probably!

Weather update:

Thunderstorms crossing the circuit lately, yielding over 1 inch/25mm of rain in past 4 hrs & wind gusts ~30mph. Friday sees just a passing risk (20-40%) of a few showers, but breezy. FIA guidance for Sat is currently 60-80% rain risk AM/FP3; 40% Quali.

This doesn't look good

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1537547029869625345?s=20&t=jGnteO7y5GBt-RrFLEHy_Q