Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: 2022 Canadian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I’m reassured you’re back
    Still disconnected from reality? (I know the answer)
    Just IGNOR the troll. I encurage everyone to do it, and than he can write to himself

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just IGNOR the troll. I encurage everyone to do it, and than he can write to himself
    You need to encourage yoursef to start with! If ever there was a troll it's you! Practice what you preach. Ignore has an E on the end , I encourage you to take up spelling between trolling! Enjoy the race!

It’s obvious from the telemetry that we have more drag than RB
    But, in my opinion, if there is no doubt that we can gain something by reshaping the sidepods, I don’t think our speed deficit is only there
    We started the season with very low efficiency wings, to the point where we gained 7km/h in updating them
    If I remember correctly, our sidepods were called "low drag" and in fact, it is important not to confuse the projected surface only (S) with the whole SCx
    If you look at the Mercedes, even with its very small sidepods, it’s not the fastest car in a straight line
    The f1 is not a road car, it suffers a lot of drag to generate downforce, the Alpine has a good top speed but lack of downforce, the fact is that RB generates downforce with less drag than others, due to their whole aerodynamic, starting with the floor
    Ferrari had an obvious handicap with its wings, but still has a lot of work to do to catch up with the whole aerodynamic efficiency of the RB, the sidepods can’t solve enough
    Just look at the RB floor complexity compared to ours to understand how hard they worked on it
    Reality is that it will take several floor revisions and changes to the rear suspension to completely eliminate porpoising. Newey did a better job than the others, end of story.

And that's not a slam at Ferrari. Allison is an amazing designer, and just look at how difficult it is for him to get that W13 to drive like anything other than a dart. Thankfully for Ferrari, they've got Byrne to help out this time, and the base car shows much better potential for the second half of this season and seasons to come.

Last year, he surprised me twice I think, no more
    Unfortunately, I don’t see him being able to follow Verstapen today
    He took 8 tenths in Q3 and in Baku, before his retirement, he was slower than the front runners by no less than 5 tenths per lap
    He’s nowhere so far this year, and Charles might even catch him with the help of a safety car
    Often I’m afraid to bore people here by saying that Carlos is bad, even if it’s to contradict Brembo’s provocations
    But yesterday, the members were very tought with Sainz, and we heard no word from Bembo
    What worries me and annoys me at Sainz are his often indecent statements, they are never realistic and never humble and for me it is a bad signal
    Agreed. Sainz is talented, but he's overdriving the car because he's very uncomfortable with the balance no matter what is thrown at it.

I see Sainz slipping back to day during the race and Leclerc getting around 6th. That would be reasonable. Of course, that's assuming the cars to let either driver down or they get involved in a stupid crash.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Reality is that it will take several floor revisions and changes to the rear suspension to completely eliminate porpoising. Newey did a better job than the others, end of story.

And that's not a slam at Ferrari. Allison is an amazing designer, and just look at how difficult it is for him to get that W13 to drive like anything other than a dart. Thankfully for Ferrari, they've got Byrne to help out this time, and the base car shows much better potential for the second half of this season and seasons to come.
    Agree, but if I can add two things, we have to deal with the porpoise, as long as we’re using ventury floors.
    I think Allison was less involved than before at Mercedes, Andy Cowell is more in charge of design now
    Overall, if Newey worked very well on the porpoising (with suspensions I think), Ferrari did a very good overall job too because they are the only opponent
    Last edited by Gilles; 19th June 2022 at 15:57.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    You are right, and I hope they'll deliver...
    you probably interpretted this as me saying "Ferrari has a big defecit to recover to get to RedBull's level in terms of laptime". We saw this weekend that is not the case.

I'm saying there is a lot of potential in our car that the new updates can unlock.