Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011
Results 301 to 309 of 309

Thread: 2022 Canadian Grand Prix - Race Thread

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    14,448
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Charles had the potential to reach Top3.

    2VSC & 1SC we’re good chances for Leclerc. But ferrari opted to stay out (wrong call)

    Next when he was in fit regular pit stop, 5.3sec absolutely horror in such situations. Which got him behind DRS train.

    Probability is Charles had 2M & 1Hard & couple of Soft tyres.

    With one Of the VSC car -> get in pits & change to Mediums. Do 15L stint & hope for another SC. Which was eventually there. Change to another set of Mediums. This would have challenged Top3.

    Unfortunately he was never in clean air, else we would have seen true pace of his car with LDF set up.
    To be honest, now after the race it is easy to be master of strategy

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    441
    An overall good result, considering the past 3 races.

    Most importantly, the engines both held out while having excellent performance and able to compete with Red Bull on the straights.

    The strategy for Sainz was also good.

    Leclerc’s strategy was good as well but it was compromised by a slow pit stop.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,047
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    An overall good result, considering the past 3 races.

    Most importantly, the engines both held out while having excellent performance and able to compete with Red Bull on the straights.

    The strategy for Sainz was also good.

    Leclerc’s strategy was good as well but it was compromised by a slow pit stop.
    that, and also because he was held up by the renault for SOOOOOOOOOO many laps.....the renault had way better traction coming out of corners and by the time Charles got to DRS he wasn't able to pass as he was still too far back.....so don't know what happened to our GOOD slow corner traction that we used to have....

    but all in all it was a good race by Ferrari and if the race would have been as an extra 5 laps or so, i think Sainz would have passed Max as he was chewing his tires faster than the Ferrari

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    14,448
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that, and also because he was held up by the renault for SOOOOOOOOOO many laps.....the renault had way better traction coming out of corners and by the time Charles got to DRS he wasn't able to pass as he was still too far back.....so don't know what happened to our GOOD slow corner traction that we used to have....

    but all in all it was a good race by Ferrari and if the race would have been as an extra 5 laps or so, i think Sainz would have passed Max as he was chewing his tires faster than the Ferrari
    All in all you had great time!

  5. #305
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    9,047
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    All in all you had great time!
    yeah, like i said, it's always a good time in Montreal....even though i was hoping for a Ferrari win
    but at least we scored more points than red fools....and for a damage limitation weekend, Charles did really well

    having more power unit components now in the pool.....IT'S GAME ON!!!

  6. #306
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,658
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that, and also because he was held up by the renault for SOOOOOOOOOO many laps.....the renault had way better traction coming out of corners and by the time Charles got to DRS he wasn't able to pass as he was still too far back.....so don't know what happened to our GOOD slow corner traction that we used to have....

    but all in all it was a good race by Ferrari and if the race would have been as an extra 5 laps or so, i think Sainz would have passed Max as he was chewing his tires faster than the Ferrari
    I too 1st was frustrated for Lec having so poor traction out of the hairpin,but then I realized that they had something about 30 laps differences in their tires. LEC was on 30+ on hards and Ocon on 5-6 laps. Still Lec had much better pace overall (till he catch him ,he was about 0,5+ said/ lap faster) but Ocon had better traction due to his newer tires. When Lec put on the mediums he had no big problem in the hairpin.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I'm sorry man, but you just show how low our (your) expectations have fallen. I expected an utter domination, just like Red Bull did since 2010 and Mercedes did since 2014. They were able to do it. We did not. And we had time advantage, resources everything in place. But whatever, call me however you want, but saying the same thing for last 14 years is tiresome as well. "The team is changing structure" how many times we did it in these 14 years? Like 4 times at least. We've heard stuff like "it's longterm project" from every team principal we've had and all of them failed. It's the same cycle again and again and this time I hoped it was our time. Yet we are going downhill again and I wasn't ready for that.
    There is a difference between low expectations and flying to cloud number 9.
    I have been a tifoso since when I was 7-8 years old, and you might want to consider this before telling me about my (so called) low expectations.
    I have seen Ferrari in utter low, pit wall in way worse conditions (before Todt joined the team and even before Michael Schumacher and then the so called gang joined Michael) , and if you think that right now we're bad, you might want to visit those times and start head banging on walls.
    Being realistic is not having low expectations. Being realistic is understanding the limits and how you go from A to B.

    So you say, you expected domination. Based on what? Just because we worked on a new car for 1-2 years?
    Sure, this is a good start but..
    How about our restructure as a team (organizational, personnel)?
    Is one or two year enough to make us competitive, no no, I am sorry, DOMINANT?
    How much time did Ferrari need to be dominant back in 1996 ? oh...

    Expectations is one thing, Reality is another. Try to think on this base. Then we can talk again.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I too 1st was frustrated for Lec having so poor traction out of the hairpin,but then I realized that they had something about 30 laps differences in their tires. LEC was on 30+ on hards and Ocon on 5-6 laps. Still Lec had much better pace overall (till he catch him ,he was about 0,5+ said/ lap faster) but Ocon had better traction due to his newer tires. When Lec put on the mediums he had no big problem in the hairpin.
    Thank you... 've been pointing that a lot.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    France
    Posts
    793
    F1, Canada: Charles Leclerc lacked traction due to ERS settings, not due to new rear wing
    https://scuderiafans.com/f1-canada-c...new-rear-wing/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •