Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2022 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    based upon what logic?
    RB and Honda have always worked pretty well in high altitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Did you even see this race?! They **** up THE WHOLE race for Charles! From start to finish. What happened today was totally unacceptable. Charles could have won by 20 seconds easily. Yet he finished 4th and that only because of his incredible fighing. Sainz would probably fell down to 8th or something.
    Sainz has done plenty to warrant criticism this season. I've at times called him useless during the races myself. These last two races, he was the man. Whatever Leclerc's problems, they weren't his to deal with.

To be Leclerc hurt his race with the early damage. That was on um and nobody else.

Now, where the team absolutely failed Lelerc is not immediately giving an order for Sainz to move over as soon as Verstappen began falling, and back Sainz up to Hamilton to cover for him, and allow Leclerc to build a cushion for whatever happened. The team playing with themselves and being afraid to use team orders destroyed Leclerc's race. After 15 laps of internal battling and Hamilton getting within 3 seconds of them, they put Leclerc in an impossible position. It would've been an easy call at Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    I wonder how much performance will RB and us lose come France GP
    what's happening in FRANCE Gp???

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, also, Rueda, Santander...
    Don't know really but the question is possible
    Definitely there's something going on behind the scenes at Ferrari. I don't think it's just incompetence, what they did yesterday was deliberate. They told Charles to stay out while pitted Sainz for softs.

Then there's that Monaco pit call, refusing to give team order and not even acknowledging their own mistakes. Ferrari has always been a political mess, just like every other major Italian sporting teams out there. It destroyed Serie A and clubs like AC Milan, Inter and Juventus. There's always too much ego. This is a team that haven't tested success for over a decade, but they act like all high and mighty.

Max has the whole team behind him. Charles on the other hand has to fight against his own team, not just Red Bull/Max.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Rueda = Spanish (chief strategist)
    Xavi = Spanish (Leclercs race engineer)
    Marc Gene = Spanish (Ferrari media go to face)
    Santander = Spanish (Bank, main sponsor)
    well i got it now. here there is more than incompetence and clowning. spanish lobby clearly is undermining leclerc. they support their spanish driver by undermining leclerc
    Last edited by stasera; 4th July 2022 at 04:41.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    what's happening in FRANCE Gp???
    New TD comes into play regarding flexi-floors. Apparently few teams were gaining performance by flexing the floor more than the stipulated 2 mm at high speeds and thereby sealing it. These teams were able to run a higher ride height without significant loss in DF. The whole shenanigan on bouncing was actually directed at closing this loophole. Let's see if this makes us or Redbull slower and closes the gap to Merc.

Me thinks Verstappen & RB are laughing big time at us. They don't have to worry about the WDC, as Ferrari will crumble under their own decisions on the wall and gifting them points. That's the way i see it.

I'm livered at the strategy! and to not allow Leclerc to pit knowing full well the Merc, RB, Are gonna chew Leclerc for breakfast once they pitted is beyond me!

To my knowledge, Leclerc had a 4 second window to Sainz just as the SC was announced, so how would that have delayed Sainz and stacking him up had he pitted as well, i don't get that.

Even the win for Sainz doesn't make me feel any better, but you can all agree that we would have been beaten yesterday by RB had Vertappen not had a damaged floor. Albeit Leclerc had how own winglet damaged by himself, I can't say we'd have been competitive, maybe i'm wrong. But to see the MB closing in on us in the race wasn't for happy viewing, just rather concerning they're making huge improvements.

Dunno, I'm just venting today i guess!! Feeling peed off really
    Drive it like you stole it!

I'm happy Ferrari finally got another win, even if 1-2 would have been better.

Carlos got Ferrari the win and his first!!! Points!!!! And Mick in the points!!

So much moaners in here as usual. Maybe if Charles did not spin in qual then damage his car he would have had a easier race....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So much moaners in here as usual. Maybe if Charles did not spin in qual then damage his car he would have had a easier race....
    Agreed. To be fair to the team, they may have worried Leclerc's car was wounded in a way that would be more vulnerable to Hamilton if the gap closed.

Don't get me wrong, Leclerc had great pace and defensive skills, and the team ran around with their hair on fire, but part of Leclerc's fortune has to be on himself.

Greig I would agree with you if Lec was behind and we where talking about the team given him a better strategy.
    Even with this mistakes that you said ,he still was a lot faster and IN FRONT of Carlos. This is the basic rule of strategy. The team make the decisions base on their 1st driver (and the fastest). Unless they what to prioritize the 2nd for other reasons (fighting for the championship so he needs this extra points). There was no excuse for this decision. Even their bad choices of Monaco I could understand some explanation. But yesterday no way!!!!It was a call, today we want Sainz to try for the win and Lec can fight his own battles by himself!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

According to some here, every time Sainz does something positive, it's only because Charles was unlucky.

I think blind hatred and blind fanboyism are equally dangerous. If your team makes mistakes then you need to defend them, mistakes happen. But if they continue to make mistakes, then you have to call them out. Which I think majority of the tifosi are doing.

Those who think Ferrari can't do nothing wrong are just vocal minority. Noisy but irrelevant. Judging by the reaction from the Italian media and the fans alike, I think majority of the fanbase didn't like Ferrari and Binotto's antics.

According to Gazetta: "It was a victory that divides" and I totally agree with their viewpoint.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 4th July 2022 at 11:37.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I think blind hatred and blind fanboyism are equally dangerous. If your team makes mistakes then you need to defend them, mistakes happen. But if they continue to make mistakes, then you have to call them out. Which I think majority of the tifosi are doing.

Those who think Ferrari can't do nothing wrong are just vocal minority. Noisy but irrelevant. Judging by the reaction from the Italian media and the fans alike, I think majority of the fanbase didn't like Ferrari and Binotto's antics.

According to Gazetta: "It was a victory that divides" and I totally agree with their viewpoint.
    Me too!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

This is the second time that Sainz, appart for being useless, damaging our team. We are loosing points, reputation and positivity, and risking to lose Lecler, for what???
    What is Sainz needed for??

As soon as approaches Ver, Sainz slips away.
    If it was a normal race he wold have been fourth. Lost twice te Ver, slipped out of track; the slowest of first group...

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Agreed. To be fair to the team, they may have worried Leclerc's car was wounded in a way that would be more vulnerable to Hamilton if the gap closed.

Don't get me wrong, Leclerc had great pace and defensive skills, and the team ran around with their hair on fire, but part of Leclerc's fortune has to be on himself.
    The thing is, even with a damaged front wing he was leading and was clearly faster than Carlos.
    Don't get me wrong, I am happy about Carlos ( getting his first P1 is great! ), however, there is something wrong here, we should acknowledge this.
    Leaving the guy who was leading the race with HARD tyres when everyone with two bit brains realized (and it did happen) would switch to soft, is criminal. And then having Binotto trying to make excuses?
    Sorry but no, at the very least just admit to your mistakes.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The thing is, even with a damaged front wing he was leading and was clearly faster than Carlos.
    Don't get me wrong, I am happy about Carlos ( getting his first P1 is great! ), however, there is something wrong here, we should acknowledge this.
    Leaving the guy who was leading the race with HARD tyres when everyone with two bit brains realized (and it did happen) would switch to soft, is criminal. And then having Binotto trying to make excuses?
    Sorry but no, at the very least just admit to your mistakes.
    That wasn't the mistaken that cost Leclerc.

The strategy should've been obvious the second Verstappen fell by the way side. Sainz should've been ordered to let Leclerc through immediately, and fall back and wait for any challenge from Hamilton and cover him for Leclerc, so the latter could build a gap. Ferrari twiddled their thumbs for 16 laps. In that time, Leclerc could've built a good 10 second gap to Hamilton, and had him covered for whatever happened.

I'm guessing the team was worried Leclerc's car was too wounded to fight against Hamilton, but clearly he still had pace.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Rueda = Spanish (chief strategist)
    Xavi = Spanish (Leclercs race engineer)
    Marc Gene = Spanish (Ferrari media go to face)
    Santander = Spanish (Bank, main sponsor)
    Maybe your on to something....pretty ballsy and embarrassing comment from Santander on Ferrari's Instagram post.

~FORZA FERRARI~

All the people talking about spanish conspiracies

One of a FEW mistakes Ferrari made as pointed out by Karun.

https://twitter.com/F1_Images/status...C8ifzuju0qAAAA
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    One of a FEW mistakes Ferrari made as pointed out by Karun.

https://twitter.com/F1_Images/status...C8ifzuju0qAAAA
    Ferrari clearly had time to bring in Charles. Complete incompetence. There is another video in that thread where he pretty much stops in front of the pits and the team tells him the pits are closed!!

Ferrari destroyed an easy 1-2 in my opinion. Not going to win any championships with this mentality.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 4th July 2022 at 13:56.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

at all times, you need to know what you're going to do if a safety car comes out. if we could have pitted both cars and maintained the lead then that's the right call

it just annoys me, the assumption that everyone behind will also pit, they won't. they'll do what you won't do. So Leclerc would have to pass cars with a damaged car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaronrouge View Post
    RB and Honda have always worked pretty well in high altitudes.
    fair point. do you remember Charles dominating the race in 2019 in a shitbox?

Things are so simple..
    Pit both cars ,change charles front wing and tyres and let him fight.If Carlos took the win its ok...there is no problem.
    The way Ferrari did it was terrible..and lost everything...mostly in terms of points and prestige.
    I also i dont think that they were concerned about Charles front wing...they let him all race with that wing...and he was fast.

There it is. Just when I think you can’t possibly tie yourself in more knots to defend the indefensible stupidity of the Ferrari pit wall, you do. Bravo sir!

Charles was doing just fine despite the damage and starting P3.

It was the team that effed him in the A again with terrible strategy by leaving him out on used hards. If both he and Carlos pitted it would have been a 1-2 or at worst a 1-3 if they had to stack both cars.

You just can’t help but defend incompetence, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    Things are so simple..
    Pit both cars ,change charles front wing and tyres and let him fight.If Carlos took the win its ok...there is no problem.
    The way Ferrari did it was terrible..and lost everything...mostly in terms of points and prestige.
    I also i dont think that they were concerned about Charles front wing...they let him all race with that wing...and he was fast.
    change front wing? are you dillusional? so you feel you can criticize when you clearly have no idea what's going on

safety car isn't a 100% free pitstop, track position still matters.

Carlos was leading in Canada, he came out behind Maxipad. couldn't overtake, almost the opposite of what happened this race.

change front wing? are you dillusional? so you feel you can criticize when you clearly have no idea what's going on

safety car isn't a 100% free pitstop, track position still matters.

Carlos was leading in Canada, he came out behind Maxipad. couldn't overtake, almost the opposite of what happened this race.
    now what i will say, if Ferrari took that into consideration this race, they should realize just because Carlos couldn't overtake... Charles isn't Carlos, they're not equal in ability. Ferrari needs to understand this. But at the same time, we need a motivated Sainz.

at all times, you need to know what you're going to do if a safety car comes out. if we could have pitted both cars and maintained the lead then that's the right call

it just annoys me, the assumption that everyone behind will also pit, they won't. they'll do what you won't do. So Leclerc would have to pass cars with a damaged car.
    We don't need Carlos and Lewis to pit, while Perez and the rest are too far to make a difference either way.
    If they decided to stay out on worn hard tires, Charles will easily pass them both. Even Max with worse damage managed to make up places after taking on the soft tires.

But I would still bet that they would pit anyway because the performance difference made it the obvious choice to take the softs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    We don't need Carlos and Lewis to pit, while Perez and the rest are too far to make a difference either way.
    If they decided to stay out on worn hard tires, Charles will easily pass them both. Even Max with worse damage managed to make up places after taking on the soft tires.

But I would still bet that they would pit anyway because the performance difference made it the obvious choice to take the softs.
    Lewis' hard tyres weren't worn.