Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - -Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    yeah, if Carlos was going to do that, he needed to put a move onto Maxipad into turn 1
    Carlos tried on 1st lap. But he went outside of Max, not inside. Which gave Leclerc chance to
    Come back at Carlos to take 2nd position. From there internal battle & max built the gap.

Mattia Binotto confirmed to @SkySportF1 that team orders will be at Ferrari after Summer break

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Why? Is there a rule of qualifying being the measuring stick? The point gap of 49-18 in Max's favor tells the story.

And apart from some fringe opinions, no one would in F1 will ever rate Sainz being as good as Max. It's just laughable and you'll get laughed at. It's like saying Trulli is better than Alonso.

Both Max and Charles are generational talents. The only difference is, the former has the whole team wrapped around him while the latter has to fight his own team in some regards.
    I agree it's unpopular, but just because for some reason everyone has lost their minds over Maxipad, who crashed into the entire grid for 3 seasons, costing Ferrari the 2018 world title in the process, doesn't mean I'm going to. Things make a lot of sense when you view the world with Maxipad and Sainz as being equal, and the Fizzy Drink just being a quicker car.

And we've seen what happened to Vettel when he left the Newey rocket, he was exposed as mediocre.

you have to look at qualifying, otherwise is Button better for beating Shamilton? Sainz beat Leclerc last season and everyone who watched would have seen who the quicker driver was.
    true, Sainz did beat Charles last year, he scored 4 podiums, Charles only one.

I agree it's unpopular, but just because for some reason everyone has lost their minds over Maxipad, who crashed into the entire grid for 3 seasons, costing Ferrari the 2018 world title in the process, doesn't mean I'm going to. Things make a lot of sense when you view the world with Maxipad and Sainz as being equal, and the Fizzy Drink just being a quicker car.

And we've seen what happened to Vettel when he left the Newey rocket, he was exposed as mediocre.
    You're entitled to your own opinions and you're free to exercise it. But it doesn't mean that all of your opinions should receive the same credence.
    And it's not "unpopular", because unpopular opinions do have some truths in them. But saying "Sainz is better than Max" is not unpopular, it's a fringe opinion.

Max cost Ferrari the 2018 title? OMG, sometimes I just have to laugh at the **** said by fellow Ferrari fans.

No, in 18' the car was clearly behind Mercedes and Vettel drove like a total clown. NEVER stood a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mattia Binotto confirmed to @SkySportF1 that team orders will be at Ferrari after Summer break
    Why? Since according to him, we are not fighting for the WDC this year. What changed his mind I wonder.

You're entitled to your own opinions and you're free to exercise it. But it doesn't mean that all of your opinions should receive the same credence.
    And it's not "unpopular", because unpopular opinions do have some truths in them. But saying "Sainz is better than Max" is not unpopular, it's a fringe opinion.
    didn't say better, said equal.

and I always held the opinion that Shamilton was mediocre as well , and i turned out to be correct. I thought Vettel was incredible, and I was proven wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Max cost Ferrari the 2018 title? OMG, sometimes I just have to laugh at the **** said by fellow Ferrari fans.

No, in 18' the car was clearly behind Mercedes and Vettel drove like a total clown. NEVER stood a chance.
    Max probably made Vettel to spin in Germany, Monza, Suzuka and Austin. Psychologically.

China 2018 first of all, go look at the safety cars he brought out with reckless driving, and the points deltas that occured to Shamilton, tally them up, and come back to me.

Max probably made Vettel to spin in Germany, Monza, Suzuka and Austin. Psychologically.
    he did in China

Perez in P5 is going to be a huge threat for Sainz. Hopefully he will use his brains a little bit more tomorrow.

And an obviously absurd one.

Max (whatever one thinks of him) beat Hamilton who was in a much faster Mercedes last year, despite mountains of bad luck and horrid straight line speed in the second half. It was a Schumacher or Alonso level drive by him last year, with his only luck being the last 3 minutes of Abu Dhabi. He did what Vettel couldn't do against Mercedes.

Vettel was a driver that declined dramatically after 13'. Like, Hamilton, the car needs to be a balanced perfectly to his liking for him to perform.

China 2018 first of all, go look at the safety cars he brought out with reckless driving, and the points deltas that occured to Shamilton, tally them up, and come back to me.
    not saying the points will totally make the difference, but Vettel would keep the lead longer, which completely changes the complexion of the second half of the season with how you drive. the season wouldn't have unravled as quickly without the needles accidendts from Maxipad.

because if you go from gaining 10 to losing 10, that's a 20 point swing he costs me

And an obviously absurd one.

Max (whatever one thinks of him) beat Hamilton who was in a much faster Mercedes last year, despite mountains of bad luck and horrid straight line speed in the second half. It was a Schumacher or Alonso level drive by him last year, with his only luck being the last 3 minutes of Abu Dhabi. He did what Vettel couldn't do against Mercedes.

Vettel was a driver that declined dramatically after 13'. Like, Hamilton, the car needs to be a balanced perfectly to his liking for him to perform.
    but who is to say Maxipad isn't in the same boat as Vettel! Even Ricardo kept up with him!

*** are you talking about? Vettel finished 90 points behind Hamilton.

Nobody was catching Hamilton that year and Vettel made the gap worse and threw away races in Baku, France, Germany, Japan, and Texas, just off the top off my head. It was without a doubt, the most embarrassing display by a Ferrari driver in my life.

*** are you talking about? Vettel finished 90 points behind Hamilton.

Nobody was catching Hamilton that year and Vettel made the gap worse and threw away races in Baku, France, Germany, Japan, and Texas, just off the top off my head. It was without a doubt, the most embarrassing display by a Ferrari driver in my life.
    who brought out the safety car in Baku? just answer that one question. and go back and look at the running order before it

and does Vettel make those mistakes after the summer break if he is further up in the championship, i guess that's the big part of my assumption. Vettel is junk I agree with that whole heartedely.

Why? Since according to him, we are not fighting for the WDC this year. What changed his mind I wonder.
    Now watch Leclerc get an engine failure before then and the epic Sainzman gets one point ahead in the WDC.

'Charles, Carlos 15 seconds behind needs points for P2. Box for fastest lap please'

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Now watch Leclerc get an engine failure before then and the epic Sainzman gets one point ahead in the WDC.

'Charles, Carlos 15 seconds behind needs points for P2. Box for fastest lap please'
    and my opinions are absurd

not saying the points will totally make the difference, but Vettel would keep the lead longer, which completely changes the complexion of the second half of the season with how you drive. the season wouldn't have unravled as quickly without the needles accidendts from Maxipad.

because if you go from gaining 10 to losing 10, that's a 20 point swing he costs me
    It unraveled quickly because Mercedes brought an engine upgrade at Monza that Ferrari had no answer to. Vettel felt the pressure at Monza to win in front of the tifosi, and so began his 3 spins in 5 races stretch that humiliated Ferrari.

who brought out the safety car in Baku? just answer that one question. and go back and look at the running order before it
    What world are you on? It's clearly not Earth.

The running order before a restart is as meaningless as the halfway mark. There are no points to it. There is no fairness. It's the driver in the leads job to drive defensive and not make any mistakes, like Vettel trying that move on Bottas that not only didn't work, but cost him two places.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

WDC will be over in that case anyway.
    Forza Ferrari

Maybe some of you do not agree with me, but what I saw today is that Sainz is not a teamplayer. He is so fixated on beating Leclerc that he does not see the bigger picture. He kept on attacking Leclerc as long as he could stay inside the DRS, which brought him nothing but cost Leclerc a lot of time. As soon as Leclerc managed to get out of the DRS, Sainz couldn't match his pace anymore, but by that time Max was long gone.
    Ferrari has to do something about that because this takes us nowhere.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

One team one dream, stop overreaching with comments that have no foundations..Both drivers at ferrari have the right to win.Sure strategies could have been better at races but that's racing.Charles is fast sainz is fast, the pecking order after summer as to number 1 will be sorted like it or not Charles has not been given that mandate, the reasons sit with in ferrari.Sainz can not be benched to n2 yet .At red bull its clear max eats perez alive 99 % of the time so its a clear cut decision, at ferrari not so.The desicion will come after these races are concluded.Then it will be clear air for one of our drivers yes its a battle with in for the top dog position at ferrari.As long as its clean and fair good luck to both and moving foward good luck to the preffered driver for the 2nd half of the season .

Why? Is there a rule of qualifying being the measuring stick? The point gap of 49-18 in Max's favor tells the story.

And apart from some fringe opinions, no one in F1 will ever rate Sainz being as good as Max. It's just laughable and you'll get laughed at. It's like saying Trulli is better than Alonso.

Both Max and Charles are generational talents. The only difference is, the former has the whole team wrapped around him while the latter has to fight his own team in some regards.
    true as hell
    Last edited by stasera; 9th July 2022 at 16:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Maybe some of you do not agree with me, but what I saw today is that Sainz is not a teamplayer. He is so fixated on beating Leclerc that he does not see the bigger picture. He kept on attacking Leclerc as long as he could stay inside the DRS, which brought him nothing but cost Leclerc a lot of time. As soon as Leclerc managed to get out of the DRS, Sainz couldn't match his pace anymore, but by that time Max was long gone.
    At this point, the bigger picture of winning the WDC is gone. WCC is even more gone. It's race wins and staying ahead of Mercedes, or bust. Hence why the team are allowing the drivers to race within reason.

I do think if Leclerc had won in Barcelona and was within 25 of Max, the situation would be different, and will be different again if Leclerc gets within 25 of Max again.

Italian media pressure + Tifosi + it’s evident Charles is faster.

But Carlos is there right behind him, that’s good for WCC.

Vettel could'nt adapt to the new formula from 2013 going into 2014 as depicted by Ricciardo in 2014......but alot of teams could'nt adapt to the new formula.....only Mercedes.

but who is to say Maxipad isn't in the same boat as Vettel! Even Ricardo kept up with him!
    Nope. Max hasn't lost his fervor for racing while adapting from the 2014 thru 2021 formula and the 2022 formula..........Vettel, Ricciardo, and Lewis have not been able to adapt to the 2022 formula.

Vettel along with Ricciardo should just retire from F1.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

At this point, the bigger picture of winning the WDC is gone. WCC is even more gone. It's race wins and staying ahead of Mercedes, or bust. Hence why the team are allowing the drivers to race within reason.

I do think if Leclerc had won in Barcelona and was within 25 of Max, the situation would be different, and will be different again if Leclerc gets within 25 of Max again.

WDC or WCC didnt go anywhere, 2 spins or DNF change everything. But the thing here is our strategy guys are very incompetent to get advantage from RB's mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Sainz got good start & he should have gone for inside of Max rather than outside that was the best shot for him.

Instead he overdrove, which gave Leclerc a chance to attack him in S2. He should have let him pass easily, instead he was keep of defending / attacking eventually his locked his front right tyre & vibrations started. He was just managing the pace from there on.