Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - -Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Leclerc is starting on dirty side of track. Hope he doesn’t loose his position. Sainz has very best chance on Max if he gets good launch.

Leclerc need to be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Perez P13?
    P10

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    P10
    Read they deleted his Q2 lap that was the off track which left him P13....
    Forza Ferrari

Read they deleted his Q2 lap that was the off track which left him P13....
    They were saying all Q3 laps were deleted. Which puts him on P10.

Correction: Perez will start from P13, official note from FIA.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 8th July 2022 at 19:33.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
    Always!

Leclerc is starting on dirty side of track. Hope he doesn’t loose his position. Sainz has very best chance on Max if he gets good launch.

If Sainz jump Lec ,I'm afraid it will be game over for us.it would be hard for Sainz to keep up with Max and he will not let Lec pass
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Leclerc lost pole position in the last corner! In Austria new confirmations that the F1-75 no longer suffers an important difference in efficiency with the RB18. The projects have come closer

@formula.uno

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    If Sainz jump Lec ,I'm afraid it will be game over for us.it would be hard for Sainz to keep up with Max and he will not let Lec pass
    Sainz vs Max , Charles vs Max . If their Ferrari cars hold out they are equally able to beat Max. And..... perfect pit stops will for sure help.

Finally a Red Bull driver nailed for something this season, never thought I'd see the day

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Finally a Red Bull driver nailed for something this season, never thought I'd see the day
    Indeed, but sadly not for the reasons that should be, but to ease a certain other driver one less car to battle with...
    I noticed that the other driver investigated got simply a warning...oh wait it's a merchant driver....

yeah, i am inclined to agree with you, assuming everyone is on the same tyres. But if this is the case, on the run down to turn 2. he has to get it done. Maxipad will be tough to pass, but he has to be smarter and back out. Sainz has to be as aggressive and ridiculous as Maxipad usually is. Because Leclerc in 3rd at that point behind Sainz is a disaster, Sainz has to make it stick at all costs, even if it means they're both out.

Do or do not, there is no try.

Give the kid the team!
    Last edited by Gilles; 8th July 2022 at 20:59.

I just hope the Ferrari pit strategy doesn't hurt Charles again in this race.

Rumors making the rounds that Binotto's position is no longer secure...

https://www.formulapassion.it/motors...nn-625093.html
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Charles Leclerc arrived -0.035s ahead of Max Verstappen in the final corner...

...but Max got a much better exit and gained 64 thousandths in this turn alone to end up on pole.

Carlos Sainz arrived at the final turn -0.009s ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Rumors making the rounds that Binotto's position is no longer secure...

https://www.formulapassion.it/motors...nn-625093.html
    Even though, this is a rumor.
    I don't think it would be a good idea to sack Binnoto now because it'd only be detrimental to Ferrari's challenges in later years.

What would be a good idea is to get a person to partner with Binnoto to handle the politics and help Binnoto as an enforcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Even though, this is a rumor.
    I don't think it would be a good idea to sack Binnoto now because it'd only be detrimental to Ferrari's challenges in later years.

What would be a good idea is to get a person to partner with Binnoto to handle the politics and help Binnoto as an enforcer.
    Yes, we have to put Binotto in the factory and have someone else lead the team. Remember what he did to Vetel, it’s not like he was bad for the first time
    Binotto reminds me Forghierri, I think everyone should operate where he is competent, otherwise it’s a disaster

Give the kid the team!
    Last edited by Gilles; 9th July 2022 at 06:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Yes, we have to put Binotto in the factory and have someone else lead the team. Remember what he did to Vetel, it’s not like he was bad for the first time
    Binotto reminds me Forghierri, I think everyone should operate where he is competent, otherwise it’s a disaster

Give the kid the team!
    If Ferrari were to demote Binnoto, it's obvious he'd resign. He (or anyone else) wouldn't be able to take that humiliation.
    If Binnoto resigns, then he'd most probably leave with a grudge and look to reveal team secrets.

But, I say Binnoto has kept his word and delivered a strong machine: the F1 - 75
    He bought in 2 strong pilots: Leclerc and Sainz
    The only area, I say, he lacks is team dynamics and politics.

That's why I suggested he should have an enforcer to address any weaknesses and
    to extract every ounce of performance available from the team.

Even though, I criticize Binnoto.
    I still have faith in him.

If Ferrari were to demote Binnoto, it's obvious he'd resign. He (or anyone else) wouldn't be able to take that humiliation.
    If Binnoto resigns, then he'd most probably leave with a grudge and look to reveal team secrets.

But, I say Binnoto has kept his word and delivered a strong machine: the F1 - 75

Agree
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Agreed, he has us on the right path now. He is just going to have to be more ruthless when it comes to team politics.

Arrivabene was sacked for pretty much the same thing.
    Forza Ferrari

Agreed, he has us on the right path now. He is just going to have to be more ruthless when it comes to team politics.

Arrivabene was sacked for pretty much the same thing.
    Arrivabene, I feel, was just an enforcer and had the backing of Marchionne.
    Arrivabene, in my opinion, wouldn't be able to lead the team without the guidance of Marchionne.

Binnoto, on the other hand, is the opposite of Marchionne. He's not much of a people person nor an enforcer.
    He could probably keep it up for a while, but after a certain point, he'd crack under the pressure of leading a team like Ferrari.
    As all of us know, Ferrari represents all of Italy's passion.
    Basically, a whole country's expectations (including the shareholders and the fanbase) rests on Binnoto's shoulders.

Binnoto shouldn't shoulder the burden of all the expectations by himself. He definitely needs help.
    Help, in the form of an enforcer.

Like you, I trust Binotto, but only to manage the design of cars. You say that it lacks political weight with the fia, but you forget the most catastrophic in my opinion: the management of the drivers
    You still remember that it caused the crisis of confidence in which Vetel got lost, was this profitable to Ferrari? That poor, willful boy drove the car like a zombie for a year and a half, was that benefic to Ferrari?
    He had frustrated Leclerc to the benefice of Vetel during a race, why? Harmony?
    This year he keeps playing to frustrate Leclerc, why? To disgust him? To put the car forward more than the driver?
    Question: could he play like that with a confirmed champion? Certainly not. Any other team manager would have set up a team around Leclerc, not him. He frustrates him, he lies to him and treats him like a schoolboy
    Believe me, if we sent Binottto back to the factory, I don’t see any team to be crazy enough to offer him a team manager position, and for good reason: he’s a job that’s not his
    The main thing is to put the right people at the right place and i think that the the SM's death is the reason why we are in this situaton

Give the kid the team!
    Last edited by Gilles; 9th July 2022 at 09:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Like you, I trust Binotto, but only to manage the design of cars. You say that it lacks political weight with the fia, but you forget the most catastrophic in my opinion: the management of the drivers
    You still remember that it caused the crisis of confidence in which Vetel got lost, was this profitable to Ferrari? That poor, willful boy drove the car like a zombie for a year and a half, was that benefic to Ferrari?
    He had frustrated Leclerc to the benefice of Vetel during a race, why? Harmony?
    This year he keeps playing to frustrate Leclerc, why? To disgust him? To put the car forward more than the driver?
    Question: could he play like that with a confirmed champion? Certainly not. Any other team manager would have set up a team around Leclerc, not him. He frustrates him, he lies to him and treats him like a schoolboy
    Believe me, if we sent Binottto back to the factory, I don’t see any team to be crazy enough to offer him a team manager position, and for good reason: he’s a job that’s not his
    The main thing is to put the right people at the right place and i think that the the SM's death is the reason why we are in this situaton

Give the kid the team!
    I agree with what you have to say, Gilles.
    Most of what you've said is facts, too.

But, I still say Binnoto needs to stay.
    The reason I say so is that for stability in the team and that he's delivered on his promise of a competitive car: the F1 - 75

I agree with your points, he definitely can't do it on his own.
    He just needs someone who can do the job of managing: personnel, team dynamics, and politics.

Vettel, on the other hand, was already on the way out. This was evident in 2019 (you could even say by the end of 2018).
    Leclerc was chosen over him to lead Ferrari. Vettel was also against Leclerc joining Ferrari, evident in Arrivabene's campaign to retain Raikkonen.

You should attack the politics in Ferrari, Gilles.
    Bone-headed politics and stubbornness have always been a historical problem at Ferrari.
    Last edited by Toothlessrage*; 9th July 2022 at 10:29.

Softs seem to be holding on. Be interesting to see if we go soft or medium for the sprint.

Sky F1 saying …Mattia Binotto said they will be changing the floor at Belgian GP amidst of new TD.

Sky F1 saying …Mattia Binotto said they will be changing the floor at Belgian GP amidst of new TD.
    man... So we can't even fight Redfools in quali come Belgium ??

Agreeing to TD is a big blunder. I thought RB & Ferrari will oppose it strongly. Because this TD is brought in favour of Mercs.
    Shows how Mercs lobbying is working.

I'm sick of Binotto as team principal. He's just the most gracious loser on the planet, always allowing people to trample upon him and Ferrari and never giving any hairdriers to the idiots calling the strategy. Last week he should've intervened during the first stint and went on Carlos' radio to inform him the state of affairs but he didn't. Back in 2019 he should've threatened Ferrari quitting F1 over the engine but took a plea deal 'for the good of the sport' instead of fighting the team's corner. I've never forgiven him for that alone, let alone the absolute state of the team operations this year. He's way out of his depth, it just is what it is.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 9th July 2022 at 11:51.

Agreeing to TD is a big blunder. I thought RB & Ferrari will oppose it strongly. Because this TD is brought in favour of Mercs.
    Shows how Mercs lobbying is working.
    I don't think there is anything to agree or disagree on? Is the TD just not enforcing the rules already there?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I'm sick of Binotto as team principal. He's just the most gracious loser on the planet, always allowing people to trample upon him and Ferrari and never giving any hairdriers to the idiots calling the strategy. Last week he should've intervened during the first stint and went on Carlos' radio to inform him the state of affairs but he didn't. Back in 2019 he should've threatened Ferrari quitting F1 over the engine but took a plea deal 'for the good of the sport' instead of fighting the team's corner. I've never forgiven him for that alone, let alone the absolute state of the team operations this year. He's way out of his depth, it just is what it is.
    How does leaving the sport benefit Ferrari?
    Forza Ferrari