Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Austrian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    40 seconds behind on a such a short track is massive.
    The race with 300 km, as every other race except Monaco. The length of the track is not relevant here.

2 more race wins by either of our drivers and by denying max it will be game on after summers break.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    SkyF1 reports Haas team got the ERS upgrade for this track.

Not sure how much it’s true.
    No upgrades. Confirmed

#AMus reports that the RB18 has gained some weight again after the recent upgrades that Red Bull have brought. It is said to be around 10kg over the minimum weight.

#AMus Binotto on Carlos's PU failure: "It is very likely that the engine had the same issue as Charles's PU in Baku. Of course we are concerned. But we are working flat out on solutions that we hope to bring to the track soon."

#AMus Carlos Sainz is likely facing an engine grid penalty in France.

Binotto to #AMuS about Charles's throttle pedal issue: "The first analysis reveals a mechanical problem, not an electronic one."

Oh dear it could have been worse again 2DNFs in a single race

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well on pure performance, there was not 1 race where he proved that he is better then Lec. Only for external reasons and mostly teams mistakes for Lec ,he managed to be close to Lec points wise. So surely I wasn't happy AT ALL for his dnf ,simply because we lost 18 points to constructors and Ves gained that 3 extra points (from 3d to 2nd) and it also gave him the opportunity to take the FLthat gave him another 1 point.
    But for all the other matters, again wasn't happy but hope that noe the team has the excuse they want to support fully Lec. And I don't speak as Lec fan.Im 100% team Ferrari fan.Its just that till today Lec have saw me that he is the fastest more capable driver that we can rely to fight for the championship. Sainz hasn't at all.
    If miraculously Sainz start defeating Lec continually on pure performance then I will wish that the team will back him instead. BUT he hasn't and he probably never will .
    Good point. I agree with you on the performance argument.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    40 seconds behind on a such a short track is massive.
    40 seconds is 40 seconds no matter the track.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Following your logic, Sainz should retire one more time with engine issues to even things out. Charles is the better driver deal with it.
    What makes you think I can't deal with that? The way you started your comment is ironic because you seem to have failed to follow the logic of my post.
    Last edited by ntukza; 11th July 2022 at 07:29.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    40 seconds is 40 seconds no matter the track.
    I think it matters a bit because on shorter track you get faster into a traffic and you lose more time with overtaking backmarkers. So my rough estimation is that 40 s on shorter track is something like a minute on a track like Spa

Binotto: We had a disadvantage compared to Red Bull in terms of top speed, & it was mainly due to the effectiveness of their DRS. We intervened with a new rear wing. With it we closed the gap in terms of speed on the straights, they now only have a minimal advantage.

The PU failure on Carlos's car sounds like something very similar to what happened in Azerbaijan. At Maranello we are working hard to find a remedy /solution.These are problems that worry us for the next races, not in the medium to long term because I am convinced that as a team we will be able to solve them.

Red Bull brought [upgrades] to Silverstone and the situation has not changed. It's a fight of very few tenths, maybe just one tenth that divides us. Every time we bring something new it works, in Silverstone even the new engine bonnet helped us.

Binotto: We have a very high-performance PU & this gives me hope for the future when we have found a way to make it reliable as well.For interventions of this kind you need time: you have to design new components, produce them, homologate them for reliability. A few weeks are not enough. In the short term we will try to manage it in terms of mileage.”

What we can conclude is, in next races engine can blow up at any time or may not. So it’s nervous situation when Charles or Carlos leading a race or behind.

Max also had DNF's in the early part of the season.
    Realistically, we need him to DNF again so we can fight for the titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaronrouge View Post
    The race with 300 km, as every other race except Monaco. The length of the track is not relevant here.
    9 corners - short track it does make a big difference.
    Forza Ferrari

Fans tore up the track. Freakin idiots.

I hope RedBull puts a stop to this idiotic behavior and over the weekend with regards to sexual harassement.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

glad for the win, and the pit stops and strategy were awesome today. faultless. real shame about the reliability though, we need a fix asap without compromising on performance though.

a few more races like this and we are back in it.

so you guys thought Charles won the race........ right??????
    Think again .... according to these graphics, he wasn't even on the podium.....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/moto...6d378c29fe57e0

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Fans tore up the track. Freakin idiots.

I hope RedBull puts a stop to this idiotic behavior and over the weekend with regards to sexual harassement.
    Lewis and Max really have attracted some scumbag fans.
    Forza Ferrari

This video explains the cause of sainz engine blow out and much of Ferraris reliability woes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNeg8bbZ34

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    This video explains the cause of sainz engine blow out and much of Ferraris reliability woes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNeg8bbZ34
    Yeah these YouTube channels know exactly what our problem is

This race gave me hope, again.
    What a roller coaster!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

So Binotto is basically telling us that another engine issue is forthcoming... lovely...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So Binotto is basically telling us that another engine issue is forthcoming... lovely...
    Of course, this is the reason why he doesn't want Leclerc to hope for the title this year

Give the kid the team!
    Last edited by Gilles; 11th July 2022 at 21:19.

I try again :
    Is there anybody here who has any idea how Carlos suddenly increased his pace so high before burning his turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I try again :
    Is there anybody here who has any idea how Carlos suddenly increased his pace so high before burning his turbo?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXVGTKIW...jpg&name=small
    Usually engines run their highest performance when they finally give way, if they were on the verge of failure before.

It looks the package that Red Bull brought to Silverstone actually sent their car backwards, in that they've lost the balance in some way. I don't buy the idea they're overweight again. If they rumors were to be believed the Red Bull would've lost 30kgms. If after Paul Ricard they're still under Ferrari's pace, they might have to remove some of the updates on the Silverstone package.

Ferrari meanwhile, found a ton of pace from their Canada/Silverstone packages, particularly in reducing drag, and they're straight line is right with Red Bull's, along with having their traction advantage back.

Same thing happened last year. Red Bull updated their car a lot, but Silverstone was the turning point for Mercedes.

I try again :
    New tyres? prob max attack mode to catch Max? what else would it be....
    Forza Ferrari

I try again :
    Leclerc also mentioned he started having problems at the same time that Sainz's engine let go, so we don't really know how fast Leclerc could have gone at the end. That might explain a portion of it possibly?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Ferrari meanwhile, found a ton of pace from their Canada/Silverstone packages, particularly in reducing drag, and they're straight line is right with Red Bull's, along with having their traction advantage back.
    I'm sorry I gotta ask... How is it, that native english speakers often struggle with their/they're? It's something so obvious and so different, that it seems impossible to confuse one with another, yet I keep seeing it more and more. Just curious, it's not ment to be an atack or something.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees