Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc #16

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    No I don't.
    But at the end of the day, we will find out after 1-2 years, right? Of courses if he wins a championship, maybe he decides to stay.
    BTW, in some forums users say that there are talks between Merc and Leclerc
    But it was you who said he almost certainly would leave. Well, he won't. Charles Leclerc has never said he wanted a championship, he has always said he wanted a championship with Ferrari. He already said that before he even was a Ferrari driver.
    And talks between him and Merc? Merc can talk to him of course, even ask him the question but the answer will be no.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

You sound so sure about it...
    But Leclerc is another human being. So we don't know, for sure. We can only guess.
    And my guess is that he will move to Merc if Ferrari cannot give him the championship...

You sound so sure about it...
    But Leclerc is another human being. So we don't know, for sure. We can only guess.
    And my guess is that he will move to Merc if Ferrari cannot give him the championship...
    Merc will be Lewis & George until Lewis wins that #8 WDC. After that ; I believe Lewis will want to do a few Ferrari rides!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Merc will be Lewis & George until Lewis wins that #8 WDC. After that ; I believe Lewis will want to do a few Ferrari rides!
    I'm all for that... long as it's in one of his own personal cars. Last thing we need is a driver that reaching his expiry date. Our 2 drivers are fine enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I'm all for that... long as it's in one of his own personal cars. Last thing we need is a driver that reaching his expiry date. Our 2 drivers are fine enough.
    Vey well said! I remember when Michael decided to make Merc his retirement home! One podium in 3 tears! Years!

No I don't.
    But at the end of the day, we will find out after 1-2 years, right? Of courses if he wins a championship, maybe he decides to stay.
    BTW, in some forums users say that there are talks between Merc and Leclerc
    Because they have tapped on Leclerc's cell phone, right?
    Come on dude, the silly season in on full swing.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    But it was you who said he almost certainly would leave. Well, he won't. Charles Leclerc has never said he wanted a championship, he has always said he wanted a championship with Ferrari. He already said that before he even was a Ferrari driver.
    And talks between him and Merc? Merc can talk to him of course, even ask him the question but the answer will be no.
    Exactly that; thank you.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    He already has 2 (I believe) La Ferraris. As for joining the Scuderia, I am pretty sure, the team has no place for a cane bearing pentioner ;)

Vey well said! I remember when Michael decided to make Merc his retirement home! One podium in 3 tears! Years!
    But do you remember the status of said Mercedes? Was it anywhere close to what this Ferrari is, or what this Mercedes is?
    Or do you get selective amnesia in a never ending quest of making Michael look bad (which does not really work lol)

You don't need to answer ;)

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    But do you remember the status of said Mercedes? Was it anywhere close to what this Ferrari is, or what this Mercedes is?
    Or do you get selective amnesia in a never ending quest of making Michael look bad (which does not really work lol)

You don't need to answer ;)
    The status of said Merc was during the Michael 3 yrs; lacking Ross, Todt and Rubens! Bring in Lewis, !! Oh! It's the car! Your never ending quest of making Lewis look bad really does work! That's the deference. Masi is for sure your idol !

The status of said Merc was during the Michael 3 yrs; lacking Ross, Todt and Rubens! Bring in Lewis, !! Oh! It's the car! Your never ending quest of making Lewis look bad really does work! That's the deference. Masi is for sure your idol !
    LOL

813291-20625556-2560-1440.jpg
    But during Michael, Ross was there and how could he not there, since Merc was ex Ross GP.
    But you are blind to the facts, because you are trying to say that Michael somehow had forgotten how to drive. Whereas he was brought to make a team out of a ... let's not call it as it really was; At the end of the day, Ross, Niki and Toto have all made a point of the catalyst that Michael was to the rebirth of Mercedes and how Lewis got to his hand a ready team lol

Thanks for the entertainment tho, really? No Ross Brawn? :D ahahahaha

I agree with all you just said! Shumy put Merc and Lewis in an unbeatable position for a long time. I believe Mick belongs with Merc in the future. Let Lewis get that #8 and leave Merc with Mick in his place.

I agree with all you just said! Shumy put Merc and Lewis in an unbeatable position for a long time. I believe Mick belongs with Merc in the future. Let Lewis get that #8 and leave Merc with Mick in his place.
    And once again you cannot help yourself can you? Go to lewishamilton.com lol

Because they have tapped on Leclerc's cell phone, right?
    Come on dude, the silly season in on full swing.
    Because they are in the paddock. We are not3.
    BTW, my personal reasoning for the Lec to Merc idea is that gives me an explanation to the otherwise inexplicable (to me and others!) strategy calls...

Because they are in the paddock. We are not3.
    BTW, my personal reasoning for the Lec to Merc idea is that gives me an explanation to the otherwise inexplicable (to me and others!) strategy calls...
    Try another explaination :
    Sainz has the backing of a major spanish bank.
    The head of strategy is Spanish.

There, under the occam's razor, the simplest explaination is usually the right one.
    So , betweem the theory of a Leclerc who is virtually a tifoso driving a ferrari, wanting all of the sudden to skip ship for Mercedes, and (at times) Ferrari strategy favoring Sainz because money, I think the latter is more probable than the first.

Neither Charles or Carlos want to leave Ferrari . They have said that many times. Santander needs to pay for Lobster dinners for Charles to show no favoritism between the two drivers.

being ferrari driver is better than being champion for fizzy drinkers or for any other team. driving for ferrari is a priviledge. every driver in the paddock just dream it.

even lewis said that:

LEWIS HAMILTON admitted that driving for Ferrari would be a "dream for anyone", but said it was unlikely he'd ever represent the Scuderia.

He admitted driving for Ferrari is a "dream for anyone" and a "goal to be achieved".

Hamilton told Sky Sports Italia: “For many years, when I came to Monza, walking next to the fans... I could hear them saying 'Come to Ferrari!'

“This warmed my heart, but it's pretty amazing that I've never driven for Ferrari in so many years. Because it is a dream for anyone, a goal to be achieved.”

On why he has never driven for the team, Hamilton added: “It has never really been possible and I will never quite know exactly why.

"I wish them the best and in my near future I will continue to prevent them from winning the world championship.

“I've seen photos of their drivers and red is always red. I have a couple of Ferraris at home. I can drive those, but not the Ferrari F1.”

the driver who won 7 times titles in mercedes, and he lost 8th title in the last lap, inwardly; i mean deep down inside he wants to be ferrari driver and you talk about he wants to leave ferrari for mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    being ferrari driver is better than being champion for fizzy drinkers or for any other team. driving for ferrari is a priviledge. every driver in the paddock just dream it.

even lewis said that:

LEWIS HAMILTON admitted that driving for Ferrari would be a "dream for anyone", but said it was unlikely he'd ever represent the Scuderia.

He admitted driving for Ferrari is a "dream for anyone" and a "goal to be achieved".

Hamilton told Sky Sports Italia: “For many years, when I came to Monza, walking next to the fans... I could hear them saying 'Come to Ferrari!'

“This warmed my heart, but it's pretty amazing that I've never driven for Ferrari in so many years. Because it is a dream for anyone, a goal to be achieved.”

On why he has never driven for the team, Hamilton added: “It has never really been possible and I will never quite know exactly why.

"I wish them the best and in my near future I will continue to prevent them from winning the world championship.

“I've seen photos of their drivers and red is always red. I have a couple of Ferraris at home. I can drive those, but not the Ferrari F1.”

the driver who won 7 times titles in mercedes, and he lost 8th title in the last lap, inwardly; i mean deep down inside he wants to be ferrari driver and you talk about he wants to leave ferrari for mercedes
    Lewis will never drive for Ferrari because of how difficult the team is as a whole (meaning HE doesn't want to build up a team rather than the team build him up like Mercedes) and the whole brand or image doesn't represent his own personal values with regards to racial diversity i.e. no blacks in the Scuderia.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lewis will never drive for Ferrari because of how difficult the team is as a whole (meaning HE doesn't want to build up a team rather than the team build him up like Mercedes) and the whole brand or image doesn't represent his own personal values with regards to racial diversity i.e. no blacks in the Scuderia.
    Also, this is my personal preference but if I had talents like Lewis, Leclerc, or Max I would want to make history by winning the WDC title numerous times and move to a team that is making PROGRESS to winning those titles.

Driving FOR Ferrari is quite different than driving WITH Ferrari.........as some F1 drivers that have had WDC titles have seen.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

There, under the occam's razor, the simplest explaination is usually the right one.
    So , betweem the theory of a Leclerc who is virtually a tifoso driving a ferrari, wanting all of the sudden to skip ship for Mercedes, and (at times) Ferrari strategy favoring Sainz because money, I think the latter is more probable than the first.
    This is the most ludicrous comment I read in this forum.

Santander has been a sponsor of Ferrari during Felipe (Spanish),Kimi (Spanish), Sebastian (Spanish) and Charles (Spanish).

Santander is NOT a personal sponsor of Carlos Sainz.

You imply that Santander wants Charles to do badly so that Carlos can end better in the WDC table, which is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    This is the most ludicrous comment I read in this forum.

Santander has been a sponsor of Ferrari during Felipe (Spanish),Kimi (Spanish), Sebastian (Spanish) and Charles (Spanish).

Santander is NOT a personal sponsor of Carlos Sainz.

You imply that Santander wants Charles to do badly so that Carlos can end better in the WDC table, which is ridiculous.
    Santander started as sponsor in 2010, when a certain Alonso joined us.....they left at at end of 2017....then came back when Sainz arrived.

So they only done 3 years as sponsor when there was not a Spanish driver possibly as they had the deal done anyway.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari have sabotaged Sainz too, even if to a slightly lesser extent. The fault lies with the overall management and not with one driver being favored (or not) over the other. Both Lec and Sainz are quick and capable, and while Lec is faster, Sainz is no idiot either. We should try to highlight the unique advantages of such a strong pairing instead of spreading rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by SB92 View Post
    Ferrari have sabotaged Sainz too, even if to a slightly lesser extent. The fault lies with the overall management and not with one driver being favored (or not) over the other. Both Lec and Sainz are quick and capable, and while Lec is faster, Sainz is no idiot either. We should try to highlight the unique advantages of such a strong pairing instead of spreading rumors.
    100% agreed. These conspiracies about favouring Sainz over Lecrerc are plainly ridiculous. Both the Team and the sponsors want to see the points count maximized

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Santander started as sponsor in 2010, when a certain Alonso joined us.....they left at at end of 2017....then came back when Sainz arrived.

So they only done 3 years as sponsor when there was not a Spanish driver possibly as they had the deal done anyway.
    And the conclusion is?

And the conclusion is?
    Conclusion is you forgot about Alonso and the Santander timing of sponsorship...
    Forza Ferrari

Conclusion is you forgot about Alonso and the Santander timing of sponsorship...
    The argument was about the stupid notion of Ferrari conspiring to favour Sainz to the detriment of Lecrerc just because the former is Spanish, which seems to be a theory widespread in this forum. Do you have an opinion about this?

The argument was about the stupid notion of Ferrari conspiring to favour Sainz to the detriment of Lecrerc just because the former is Spanish, which seems to be a theory widespread in this forum. Do you have an opinion about this?
    No opinion just wondering why you would miss out Alonso and the timing of Santander being sponsors...
    Forza Ferrari

No opinion just wondering why you would miss out Alonso and the timing of Santander being sponsors...
    Simply because it's obvious to everyone here that Santander came on board to sponsor Ferrari on Alonso's promotional pull in Spain. But my point was not that. My point was that is it preposterous to claim that Santander is pressing the team to favour Sainz to the detriment of Lecrerc, or that the Team's numerous screw ups follow that same reasoning... someone within this forum needs to grow up

Simply because it's obvious to everyone here that Santander came on board to sponsor Ferrari on Alonso's promotional pull in Spain. But my point was not that. My point was that is it preposterous to claim that Santander is pressing the team to favour Sainz to the detriment of Lecrerc, or that the Team's numerous screw ups follow that same reasoning... someone within this forum needs to grow up
    So you would agree a Spanish sponsor would quite like the pull of a Spanish driver doing well....
    Forza Ferrari

So you would agree a Spanish sponsor would quite like the pull of a Spanish driver doing well....
    Is that a question? Do British sponsors want the best for British drivers? Is the Pope a Catholic?

Obviously. But stating that the sponsor is putting pressure on the Team to favour one driver to the detriment of the other is plainly stupid.