Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc #16

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    So even Ferrari admits it has a faster, # 1 driver
    well yeah, its' a NO brainer, we ALL knew that.....apart from Brembo....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Something seems to have changed. I saw the new salaries for the coming season neing published and what I immediately noticed was that Ferrari has translated their appreciation for Leclerc in dollars.............and also De Vries starting with a salary that doubles that of Tsunoda.

Driver Team Million End of contract.

Verstappen Red Bull 55 2028
    Leclerc Ferrari 36 2024
    Hamilton Mercedes 35 2023
    Norris McLaren 20 2025
    Perez Red Bull 10 2024
    Sainz Ferrari 10 2024
    Bottas Alfa Romeo 10 2025
    Russell Mercedes 8 2023
    Ocon Alpine 6 2024+
    Alonso Aston Martin 5 2024+
    Gasly Alpine 5 2024+
    Magnussen Haas 5 2023
    Albon Williams 3 2024+
    Stroll Aston Martin 2 Open
    De Vries AlphaTauri 2 2023+
    Hulkenberg Haas 2 2024
    Zhou Alfa Romeo 2 2023
    Piastri McLaren 2 2024+
    Tsunoda AlphaTauri 1 2023+
    Sargeant Williams 1 2023+
    That stupid disgusting tasting energy drink company has too much money.

[QUOTE=FerrariF60;1074400]well yeah, its' a NO brainer, we ALL knew that.....apart from Brembo....LOL[/QUOTE

Even George got a win over our Charles @ Brasil. Who issues the Ferrari payroll seems to conform with your thought of no brains! I just hope Fred doesn't get me too made favoring Charles at the cost of wins or just points in general. A faster loser is no help WCC wise!!!

[QUOTE=Brembo;1074403]
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well yeah, its' a NO brainer, we ALL knew that.....apart from Brembo....LOL[/QUOTE

Even George got a win over our Charles @ Brasil. Who issues the Ferrari payroll seems to conform with your thought of no brains! I just hope Fred doesn't get me too made favoring Charles at the cost of wins or just points in general. A faster loser is no help WCC wise!!!
    Except Leclerc had 3 victories compared to Russell's 1 and Hamilton's 0.

[QUOTE=JPZ;1074407]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post

Except Leclerc had 3 victories compared to Russell's 1 and Hamilton's 0.
    He needs to be compared with Max not just Lewis 0 and George's 1 ! I can only hope for the best to come!

He can only be compared to Max if he's driving the same car.
    The increase in salary will give him a boost and maybe realise that Ferrari believe in him

Forza Jules

I also believe the salary increase will prove to be a big incentive for Charles and hopefully will be deserved by getting up into 1st place! I for sure agree with you R Bradley that Charles is equal to Max as a driver with a car equal to Max's car . Fred will only be a help not a deterrent as far as Charles doing the best he can! I'm a big believer in HP being a tremendous factor in what car will be the car to win.`

Something seems to have changed. I saw the new salaries for the coming season neing published and what I immediately noticed was that Ferrari has translated their appreciation for Leclerc in dollars.............and also De Vries starting with a salary that doubles that of Tsunoda.

Leclerc Ferrari 36 2024
    Norris McLaren 20 2025
    Perez Red Bull 10 2024
    Sainz Ferrari 10 2024
    Russell Mercedes 8 2023
    Ocon Alpine 6 2024+
    Gasly Alpine 5 2024+
    Magnussen Haas 5 2023
    Albon Williams 3 2024+
    Hulkenberg Haas 2 2024
    Zhou Alfa Romeo 2 2023
    Piastri McLaren 2 2024+
    Oh no Brembo... no no no that is so not righhhhhtttt !!!

You do realize that when you have one driver with 36mn and the other with 10... that spells a message, right?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    He can only be compared to Max if he's driving the same car.
    The increase in salary will give him a boost and maybe realise that Ferrari believe in him
    May I also add, that he can also compare / compete if you will , to Max, when he is competing under same conditions :
    1. Fast car ( we 're almost there )
    2. Able pit wall (nop)
    3. Factory that keeps up / no, that overtakes the competition (nop)

When we have those three, then we can talk bout Charles. Meanwhile what we keep from him is his amazing performance and 3 victories, the clean racing and ONLY 2 mistakes contrary to the massive overdrive of the car and a pitwall that was against him at many occasions and quite frankly its a good thing he's not seeing a psychiatrist cause of it :P
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    May I also add, that he can also compare / compete if you will , to Max, when he is competing under same conditions :
    1. Fast car ( we 're almost there )
    2. Able pit wall (nop)
    3. Factory that keeps up / no, that overtakes the competition (nop)

When we have those three, then we can talk bout Charles. Meanwhile what we keep from him is his amazing performance and 3 victories, the clean racing and ONLY 2 mistakes contrary to the massive overdrive of the car and a pitwall that was against him at many occasions and quite frankly its a good thing he's not seeing a psychiatrist cause of it :P
    Totally agree with all of this.
    If Max had the same disadvantages he would be behind Charles

Forza Jules

Charles showed he's future champ material in the first 3 races with his awesome racecraft skills.
    Last edited by SilverSpeed; 20th January 2023 at 21:07.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    If Max had the same disadvantages he would be behind Charles
    I honestly don't know.........many years ago both Max and Charles have been driving for the same team in F3, Van Amersfoort Racing. And the teamowner Frits van Amersfoort 'when asked about their talent, answered in a somewhat cryptic way. He said: " Charles is faster, Max is better"
    And what do we see, may years later? Charles takes the poles, but Max the racewins. Now I know they are not driving the same car, but still..........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

I honestly don't know.........many years ago both Max and Charles have been driving for the same team in F3, Van Amersfoort Racing. And the teamowner Frits van Amersfoort 'when asked about their talent, answered in a somewhat cryptic way. He said: " Charles is faster, Max is better"
    And what do we see, may years later? Charles takes the poles, but Max the racewins. Now I know they are not driving the same car, but still..........
    I do agree that there's an unknown factor.
    But, in my opinion, Charles has all the racing craft/skills to equal or overcome Max in the same equipment.

The deciding factor is how RBR functions as a team and primarily - Adrian Newey.
    Max doesn't really have to concentrate on too much except the driving aspect, because he trusts the team won't let him down.
    But, in Charles's case - there's always that doubt whether Ferrari will feck up his race, therefore he'll have to overdrive which leads to mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I do agree that there's an unknown factor.
    But, in my opinion, Charles has all the racing craft/skills to equal or overcome Max in the same equipment.

The deciding factor is how RBR functions as a team and primarily - Adrian Newey.
    Max doesn't really have to concentrate on too much except the driving aspect, because he trusts the team won't let him down.
    But, in Charles's case - there's always that doubt whether Ferrari will feck up his race, therefore he'll have to overdrive which leads to mistakes.
    Agree

It seems that the salaries' publication has restored reality in the discussion here, by giving back weight to our positions
    At least two good decisions made by the team: they sacked the fool and clearly expressed the hierarchy between drivers
    Give the kid the team
    Last edited by Gilles; 22nd January 2023 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    It seems that the salaries' publication has restored reality in the discussion here, by giving back weight to our positions
    This is the result of two good decisions made by the team: they sacked the fool and clearly expressed the hierarchy between drivers
    Give the kid the team
    Who decided the salaries, with Binotto being on his way out?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Who decided the salaries, with Binotto being on his way out?
    Elkann

Elkann
    Maybe the $36M was already in the current contract, or at least a mid-contract negotiation was planned, does anyone know?
    Last edited by Gilles; 21st January 2023 at 16:09.

Leclerc Ferrari 36 2024
    Norris McLaren 20 2025
    Perez Red Bull 10 2024
    Sainz Ferrari 10 2024
    Russell Mercedes 8 2023
    Ocon Alpine 6 2024+
    Gasly Alpine 5 2024+
    Magnussen Haas 5 2023
    Albon Williams 3 2024+
    Hulkenberg Haas 2 2024
    Zhou Alfa Romeo 2 2023
    Piastri McLaren 2 2024+

Note: All figures listed below are estimates based on consultation with various sources within the F1 paddock and across teams
    Source: https://racingnews365.com/f1-driver-salaries-2023

Leclerc Ferrari 36 2024
    Norris McLaren 20 2025
    Perez Red Bull 10 2024
    Sainz Ferrari 10 2024
    Russell Mercedes 8 2023
    Ocon Alpine 6 2024+
    Gasly Alpine 5 2024+
    Magnussen Haas 5 2023
    Albon Williams 3 2024+
    Hulkenberg Haas 2 2024
    Zhou Alfa Romeo 2 2023
    Piastri McLaren 2 2024+

Note: All figures listed below are estimates based on consultation with various sources within the F1 paddock and across teams
    Source: https://racingnews365.com/f1-driver-salaries-2023

I think the “Note” is important enough (facts vs rumors)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Maybe the $36M was already in the current contract, or at least a mid-contract negotiation was planned, does anyone know?
    I have no idea. There has never been anything been reported about Charles' salary, untill just now when it was reported that Ferrari had increased it. But when and how this all was negotiated or whatever, I don't know.

Just imagine if Charles had a better finish! How high will they go?

Just imagine if Charles had a better finish! How high will they go?
    Well, he was second last season, so better means champion............I think he would settle for 55 million and 1 dollar..........

I don't agree with this analysis.
    The fact that Charles gets the poles and Max the wins has very little to do with skills and a lot with the car setup (and mainly tyres degradation which then has to do with other factors of car design).
    So where does that sit with the drivers ? Why do you bring that up while discussing bout those two?
    In my opinion, these two are by far and wide the best two in the grid and the future of F1 , hands down. Hopefully in 2023 and if Ferrari brings a really competitive car (that will be hopefully at least in par with RBR if not better) we shall see Charles beating Max for the title. And that's that.

With an equally competitive car for both Ferrari drivers I believe WCC will be a for sure ! Especially if their treated equal .

With an equally competitive car for both Ferrari drivers I believe WCC will be a for sure ! Especially if their treated equal .
    Both ferrari drivers always have the same car.

The fact that Charles gets the poles and Max the wins has very little to do with skills and a lot with the car setup (and mainly tyres degradation which then has to do with other factors of car design).
    So where does that sit with the drivers ? Why do you bring that up while discussing bout those two?
    In my opinion, these two are by far and wide the best two in the grid and the future of F1 , hands down. Hopefully in 2023 and if Ferrari brings a really competitive car (that will be hopefully at least in par with RBR if not better) we shall see Charles beating Max for the title. And that's that.
    To add to this, MV could also modify his set up to go faster and eat his tyres, so just because CL has a faster lap, doesn't mean the Ferrari is faster given the different setups.

Not responding directly to you Aroutis with my comment.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

You don't have to agree of course, but Van Amersfoort did not say this recently. It was a long time ago, long before both were at the top of F1.
    And Van Amersfoort explained his words. He said that Charles was undoubtly the faster driver over one lap because he could reach an unreal level of concentration. But he also said Max had better raceskills than Charles. Charles can't race with the same level of concentration he has in qualy so in the race Max is a little faster just because of his racingskills.
    Van Amersfoort said the best driver ever would be a combination of the two drivers.

[QUOTE=aroutis;1074534]Both ferrari drivers always have the same car.[/QUOT

Their the same cars; but the radio messages are different as to let who pass. The same cars with the same drive to win starts is what I want to see!

Leclerc Ferrari 36 2024
    Norris McLaren 20 2025
    Perez Red Bull 10 2024
    Sainz Ferrari 10 2024
    Russell Mercedes 8 2023
    Ocon Alpine 6 2024+
    Gasly Alpine 5 2024+
    Magnussen Haas 5 2023
    Albon Williams 3 2024+
    Hulkenberg Haas 2 2024
    Zhou Alfa Romeo 2 2023
    Piastri McLaren 2 2024+
    lol Leclerc making more than Hamilton... and Norris making 20 million without ever winning a race